Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,447 members, 7,781,296 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:57 AM

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (149490 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 4:27am On Apr 11, 2006
i was at a cele church like 3 weeks ago i went with my ex-wife, well i told her someone would come and tell me they have a vision for me, she laughed it of, but lo and behold there was this lady that walked up to me and said she had a vision, i was told that she was in the spirit, she started in Yourba that i was later to be told was specking in tongues ( cheesy lol) well i told her i don't understand Yoruba (but i do) well when she waited like 5 mins with nobody to interpert, she changed to a mixture of very small good english and very big bad english (to me that was specking in tongues) lol cheesy cheesy
well sha the long and short of it was dat she said things dat had nothing to do with me, what a fake.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by welborn(m): 4:29am On Apr 11, 2006
owo:

4. Why should there be [size=13pt]beating in the name of deliverance[/size]?

So. . .??!!?  shocked  shocked  shocked Was I so colossally wrong?

welborn:
It's just like someone reading Isa.53:5 - "with his stripes we are healed" - and then he/she picks up koboko to swipe at the cele brethren for healing (thank God they don't go that far - or. . . could I be wrong about that also?).

Haa!! Really?? Someone quipped to me the other day about this flogging and koboko issue in Cele and I just grimaced it off. Didn't know that _[i]ziiiip[/i]_!!  lipsrsealed
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 4:53am On Apr 11, 2006
well you have choosen and i can only say, you have made up your mind and i respect it, if i say that it does not hurt am lying see you soon sha. like you also i can't do what would not make me happy
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by owo(m): 5:15am On Apr 11, 2006
@wellborn, indeed there is a thing like "beating in the name of deliverance". I live directly behind one parish.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 9:45am On Apr 11, 2006
Cele dont beat people. They simply use Palm fronts to dust out bad spirits in people, some of them go to the extent of using the palm fronts with the stick which I dont support or maybe it all depends on the level of the type of bad spirit that resides in people grin
but for real in my 24 years in cele I never witnessed serious flogging only the dusting with palm fronts. Honestly how painful can a couple of palm fronts (leaves) be on your body?

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by sherocks: 9:55am On Apr 11, 2006
GREED:

Amen.my brother in Christ.

I personally think the Celestial church is judgemental and as someone said in one of the posts, the church follows ONLY the old testament otherwise why would you have all these rules. Jesus said to come as you are, whether or not you smoke, drink or live a lifestyle that seems contrary to the word of God. That is the whole purpose of knowing him i.e. changing your ways once the Holy Spirit lives in you.

Re: Eating pork, PLEEEEAASSEEE !!! Did you not read the part in the bible when Jesus was asked what NOT to eat and he said that it is not what goes in your mouth but what comes out of it that matters.

And what is the basis for not wearing red or black apparel, why should it matter if it is worn for professional or personal reasons ?

Christianity is not as difficult as people make it and I think Jesus abolished the following of traditional practices when he gave his life as an atonement for my sins.

Jesus is not bothered if you come to him with any colour of clothing, does not require you bathing in any river only for baptism, which in my opinion should be done once, does not mind what you eat and does not require that you worship him wearing a uniform.

Follow the doctrines of the bible and the Holy Spirit will lead you.

@ Good guy, would you kindly tell me the difference between Cele, Cherubim & Seraphim and Aladura ?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 10:16am On Apr 11, 2006
Regarding having a bath in the River, Did jesus not tell the man with Leprosy to go and have a bath in River Jordan?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by alheri(f): 10:32am On Apr 11, 2006
@goodguy, you seem to have gotten my post very very wrongly.I dont really have any position on this cele issue, I was only sharing a friend's experience and thats what almost everyone is doing.
I believe I also have the right to mention the former AGF, because bad egg or not, he is in a position of leadership in your church, thus my(and others I know) experiences with him will definately affect my view of your church. You can go look for anyone who was in the AGF's office while he was there and ask them thier opinions of him.Apart from bringing out his BIG BLACK BIBLE to conduct a prayer meeting every morning, what does his life and relationship with people around him say about our savior Christ? I didnt have to mention the AGF to make a case here cos some people's personal experiences on this thread are enough.If my pastor or deacon drinks and womanises, everyone has the right to use their attitudes to judge the church and congregation as a whole.

Like I keep saying on and on and again, I am not saying celes are bad/evil people, all am saying is allow people to share thier experiences.if there arent many people who go to cele on NL to share there "good" experiences, then allow those with the bad ones to share thiers.

I really dont care, cause church doesnt determine salvation.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by sherocks: 11:46am On Apr 11, 2006
doshbass:

Regarding having a bath in the River, Did jesus not tell the man with Leprosy to go and have a bath in River Jordan?

How often did this happen ? How many times did the man with leprosy have to take a bath ? Are you saying that in Cele, you are only required to bath once ? If so, I got my understanding of the bath thing wrong but how many people in Cele bath because they've got leprosy or any other dermatological disease because from a  previous post, Cele people seem to follow the bible literally.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 11:57am On Apr 11, 2006
My point is that there is nothing biblically wrong with having a bath in the River as per the new testament. I am not saying I would do it, only because I dont fancy it and I believe Prayer is always the Master Key
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by kiwibabe(f): 1:39pm On Apr 11, 2006
smiley wink cool lipsrsealed
YOU PEOPLE DEY SCARE ME OOO, I never realised how soo much strong opinions could contradict each other, I am not slagging off cele and all of those cele-brities out there but come on. Aren't we supposed  to be worshipping the Lord up High rather than abusing a very respectable religion. I feel with the regular parties and harvests etc the Churches have become more of a social event rather than a place for worship. Come on in the London alone there is far over 50 churches (some right next door to each other, and even in the same building) all with individual harvest dates over the year. That’s a social event or two a week, just to satisfy peoples big ego’s. Shouldn’t they try and join together to combine their teachings and make the churches unified rather than divided. And there is soo many different teaches that go on in each church, No noe ever preaches the same thing.
I have found a definition of what I feel describes how I see all churches that do not satisfy my belief in my faith and practice apostasy false doctrine. This is called:

Spiritual Abuse
SPEAR-itch-you-all uh-BUSE: noun, 1) a religion that leaves you feeling discouraged and trapped. 2) manipulation, done in the name of God and love, resulting in feeling torn, shamed, and enraged.

I am not entirely for CELE but I am not against I am a neutral Party, I am just expressing my opinion. We are all entitled to our opinions  I am not saying that what is right for me, is right for someone else.

I have found a support group for ex-members of churches of Christ. Check it out: www.ex-churchofchrist.org . It may put some prospective on everyones outlook of churches and religion. Lol  grin cheesy grin cheesy shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 1:44pm On Apr 11, 2006
@Kiwibabe
what has that site got to do with Cele and this forum
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by kiwibabe(f): 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2006
doshbass:

@Kiwibabe
what has that site got to do with Cele and this forum
It is a Web support group for people who have left the Churches of Christ like that of Cele, grin
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by owo(m): 4:44pm On Apr 11, 2006
doshbass:

My point is that there is nothing biblically wrong with having a bath in the River as per the new testament. I am not saying I would do it, only because I don't fancy it and I believe Prayer is always the Master Key
So what justification is there for a 'spiritual leader' to go and bath a grown up lady/woman/mother in the lagoon everytime he feels there is need to do so?

If prayer be the master key, how come the beach and lagoon fron all over lagos is littered with Cele? What is so special about these locations if the water and bath has no meaning?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by K2: 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2006
@gbenga_9ja, Wow. Except the youngins here, I'm not sure of anyone who hasn't heard of Transmission way back then and dealings with Cele. Transmission was very popular back then and rich always on the cover of magazines and stuff. As you started relaying the stories about losses my mind went straight to Transmission then I saw you mentioned it few lines later. Sorry for your loss oh. How are your family making out especially your pops?

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 12:21am On Apr 12, 2006
@4real, you keep complaining about your wife going to cele.Can't you attend your own church and she her own.Is she your slave.If you have a concern about cele just gently talk to her, to me you probably yell at her.
Someone said something about soutana,not everyone has to wear one it's your descision.
You keep saying old testament,tell me what do we do that's of the old testament so much.If you were really a member of cele for sometime you'd know we read both old and new testaments.
We are all worshipping one almighty GOD.
What color do most churches think of as evil colors?

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 12:41am On Apr 12, 2006
well no colour is though as evil colour, and i did talk to my wife and we may come to live together as husband and wife and mind you i would never i say it again never shout at my wife i love her so much, i have nothing agaisnt the cele people just the techings if you say in your church you want to wear uniform no peoblem that is what you want when you start to say that it's from the bible and yet you have no prove to it then i have a problem, someone talked about the bath in the river from most of the post that you guys have made it seems to me that you just take everything in the bible as it is, even God said you would need the spirit of God to grant you understanding of the word, i would recomend that you listen to pastor chris than you would know what i mean
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 1:53am On Apr 12, 2006
I'm happy for you and your wife,sorry if i offended you with the shouting comment.
But please don't mention pastor chris,he's fake to me.How can you bring a person blind from birth and then put a piece of paper with a color on it and they say blue.How would they know?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by gigitte(f): 1:55am On Apr 12, 2006
lolllllllllllll, i heard of that miracle too
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 3:33am On Apr 12, 2006
well you funny GREED and am not mad about the wife issue, well on pastor chris is it hear say or you saw it yourself, i on the other hand have been to their meetings and i helped a who was so sick that he could not walk into the stadium, and i sat close to the man and i saw with my own two eyes the man being healed, well if any other one was stage played that one was not and for me that is the one that matters and pls don't let my wife hear oh cause she loves pastor chris oh
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by benosh(m): 4:05am On Apr 12, 2006
i can see ure sick,i feel ur parents are one of the corsed one in cele,why cant u tell ur dad to become the pastor if ure interestetd in the money.foooooooool is this the rigth place to tlk about ones church,all denominations have their problem to me celestial have none but the people in it are corrupt it happens every where am a celestian and till date still a member.go to church ur purpose of going to church is to seek or make a convenant to God ure not going to worship pastor or ur shepherd,i guess u dont pay Tithe in church cos u will be wondering where ur money is going to.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by benosh(m): 4:10am On Apr 12, 2006
thats a good answer for fools sometimes
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 5:44am On Apr 12, 2006
@benosh well i did not understandwhat you were saying but i guess it's a reply to the guy whose dad was a member of cele b/4, well that is not the issue on ground the matter is about the way things are being done at cele do you think it's right or not. pls let us know and don't call people fools cause God did not create or should i say does not know how to create a fool

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Ndipe(m): 7:10am On Apr 12, 2006
@Owo, I agree with you. I find it very disturbing that any religion would advocate spiritual rituals in the middle of the night at the stream/river. Such rituals are associated with fetishishm. I am completely against it, likewise the burning of candles, incense and all that.

We dont need to practise this stuff, Jesus Christ himself is the Only Way to God. By calling His Holy and Precious Name with a sincere heart, God will hearken to our prayers (as long as it is not selfish)

And some white garment churches, I know for a fact do practise animal sacrifices.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2006
Ndipe:

@Owo, I agree with you. I find it very disturbing that any religion would advocate spiritual rituals in the middle of the night at the stream/river. .

Cele dont do anything specifically in the night, some spiritual jobs are only done in the evening because thats when people have time to do it, or probably after evening service
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by trailblaze: 6:28pm On Apr 12, 2006
Hi peeps, Goodguy asked us to beware of what we say about CCC who is he to fight for God. Remember in the Bible when Gideon pulled down the alter of a pagan god in his father's house, all the people were against him and do you remember what his father said he said that if that god be God, let him fight for himself. Goodguy if the God of CCC calls on be the true God let him fight for himself.
I used to attend CCC with my folks but all children attend RCCG now whereas my parents are still there. CCC is not the place to grow in the knowledge and the wisdom of God because they don't know jack about the very essence of God. They know him in theory not in the practicality of his awesomeness. CCC encourages adultey because my family was just delivered from such when it was all around church that my father who is the chairman of Wolis was having an affair with another married woman. They kept exchanging suggestive texts up to the point that she wanted to let mt father send my mother packing and all sorts.But when we I mean the children took charge , we prayed like we never prayed against every evil alter that whole thing died down.
If CCC God be the true God, let him fight for himself.

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by benosh(m): 10:12pm On Apr 12, 2006
i really pity u cos by the time is going to figth u will be a scape Goat,i taugth u wanna talk with wisdom when u said u can figth for God later i found out ure a slowpoke.u no what dat means bet it with me Within 3 days God of Celestial is going to reveal himself to u.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 1:30am On Apr 13, 2006
benosh:

i really pity u because by the time is going to figth u will be a scape Goat,i taugth u want to talk with wisdom when u said u can figth for God later i found out ure a slowpoke.u no what that means bet it with me Within 3 days God of Celestial is going to reveal himself to u.
see who is calling someone a slowpoke what are you, a wise man, i beg nothing is going to happen in three days, or ten days or any day for that matter, we asked you to defend what you are doing in your church (from the bible you come here dey make noice) if you have nothing better to do i beg go sleep
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 12:45pm On Apr 13, 2006
@4real,my friend benosh meant no cruel words towards anyone.
It's just that in one post someone stated something about a person being" god" and fight GOD.What kind of stupid staetment is that wouldn't a true christian be offended.How's things with your wife i hope things are running smoothly?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2006
@GREED
am starting to like you more and more by the day, i really want nothing but the best for my wife, and yes we are back together and have worked things out, it's people like you in cele that can make a change not us from the outside but you from the inside and like my wife said the change would come and it would come soon AMen, have a blessed day my guy
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2006
To you to my friend may GOD bless your family and may no harm to your marriage ever come again.May you live a long life full of prosperity.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2006
Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online / Odù Ifá: Learn How To Interprete Ifa / SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.