Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,772 members, 7,802,369 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (149930 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by benosh(m): 5:43pm On Apr 14, 2006
@4real celestial church is an heavenly church,like i said ealier no man can spoil the church only the people in it are spoit,this stuffs happens every where through out the whole world,be it christian or muslim.ur experience cant be the same experience with me like what the guy of tranmission or stuffs i know is dad but this not the proper place for me to disclose that kind of issue,celestial church is a good church i tell u when ure in celestial church and u do fraud steal adultry anything thats not of God u will nevver go un punish,different church are being found differnt ways and rules forget about their ways of worship believe in God do not worship ur shepherd or prophet cos they are human,wy do we talk as if its of satan have been in the church for 21 yrs now i have no regret am fine,when ure are on ur white garment ure all equal be u bill clinton ,obasanjo anybody ure equall so i dont see anything wrong in the church system,candles stream bath anything this things have differnt spiritual meaning.its the way the church is being found.
celestial church is a church that God founded,in 1947 God sees that majority of pastors reverend bishops herbalist does not reach the kingdom of God due to some ways,when somthing is i dol u shed blood we dont shed blood and moreover everything we use we call the name of God and they all work.in the old days and now 99% of the people that worship in celestial are herbalist and other denomination,they believed so much in their ways by clling Olodumare and some stuff and still some of them are not in heaven.these instead of them sheding blood gor sacrifice gradually they let them use candle as a medium and belief to get closer to God by asking for their needs.candle represent ligth and where there is ligth u cannot see darknees u see all this things work and as for me and my house hold celestial church is good for us .cos we do not believed in prophet or anybody we where taugth how to pray for ourselves prophet are men like us and the can be use by satan.if i live cele today for another church dat i know its not possible i will not believe in pastor or anybody.to me my friend celestial is a good church
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2006
GOD BLESS WINNER's PARISH cool
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 6:00pm On Apr 14, 2006
Can we please get rid of this thread?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by rubby(f): 7:24pm On Apr 14, 2006
lets end it, right? we have reached a compromise, i now know that love can make things work, let me end it all by saying that may the good Lord show and teach us all what is right(Amen) smiley
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 7:25pm On Apr 14, 2006
May GOD bless you.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 2:43am On Apr 15, 2006
@benosh
i tried to understand your mail but i guess i did not this would be my last mail on this thread (why) cause my wife said so.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2006
owo:
Specifically, what is right about
1. Do not eat pork or crawling animals

They are regarded as unclean animals, hence, we're forbidden to eat them.

owo:
2. Do not wear Red or black apparel (except for professional reasons)
Looking at this from the spiritual realm, 'Red' on its own signifies danger (and anything related to it), while 'black' signifies tribulation. However, this does not mean if you wear any of those, you will go to hell.

owo:
In addition?
3. Why should someone wear soutana, at all?
6. Why must people walk around barefooted?
That was how it was ordained from above. Different strokes for different folks.

owo:
4. Why should there be beating in the name of deliverance?
I really do not know. I don't think this a normal practise in the Celestial church.

owo:
5. Why must men and women be bathed in the river (possibly by a 'more spiritual soul') periodically?
Bathing in the river is more of actually a spiritual thing. God does His works in different ways. One thing he will ask Mr. A to pray for, He can ask Mr. B to fast 7 days for the same thing.

owo:
7. Why must the WORD be replaced by 'Jamboree'?
Is it?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2006
@Goodguy:What does he mean by jamboree
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 1:49pm On Apr 15, 2006
I guess he's implying that we only party and do some festival stuffs instead of preaching the word. grin
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 2:18pm On Apr 15, 2006
she rocks:
@ Good guy, would you kindly tell me the difference between Cele, Cherubim & Seraphim and Aladura ?
To the best of my knowledge, Cherubim&Seraphim and Aladura are the same, while Cele is a different church entirely.  This is more like asking what the difference is between Deeper life and RCCG.  Obviously, they are two different churches.

alheri:
@goodguy, you seem to have gotten my post very very wrongly.I don't really have any position on this cele issue, I was only sharing a friend's experience and thats what almost everyone is doing.
What excatly did I get wrong?

alheri:
I believe I also have the right to mention the former AGF, because bad egg or not, he is in a position of leadership in your church, thus my(and others I know) experiences with him will definately affect my view of your church. You can go look for anyone who was in the AGF's office while he was there and ask them their opinions of him.Apart from bringing out his BIG BLACK BIBLE to conduct a prayer meeting every morning, what does his life and relationship with people around him say about our savior Christ? I didnt have to mention the AGF to make a case here because some people's personal experiences on this thread are enough.If my pastor or deacon drinks and womanises, everyone has the right to use their attitudes to judge the church and congregation as a whole.
They have the 'right' to use their attitudes to judge the church, but it is not 'right' to do so.

alheri:
Like I keep saying on and on and again, I am not saying celes are bad/evil people, all am saying is allow people to share their experiences.if there arent many people who go to cele on Nairaland to share there "good" experiences, then allow those with the bad ones to share thiers.
No one here has said people should not share their experiences. What we're only against is, you using one bad experience in a random parish to label the whole church as bad.

owo:
So what justification is there for a 'spiritual leader' to go and bath a grown up lady/woman/mother in the lagoon everytime he feels there is need to do so?
I've never seen or experienced this since I was born into CCC.  I will personally shoot any 'spiritual leader' that tries that with my mother or sister. I guess you've been watching too many Nigerian films lately. grin

owo:
If prayer be the master key, how come the beach  and lagoon fron all over lagos is littered with Cele? What is so special about these locations if the water and bath has no meaning?
Ask God why he directs us there.  You should get answers if you're serious. grin

Ndipe:
@Owo, I agree with you. I find it very disturbing that any religion would advocate spiritual rituals in the middle of the night at the stream/river. Such rituals are associated with fetishishm.
We do not offer rituals or sacrifices of any sort, neither is any spiritual work done in the middle of the night. Most of them are usually done in the evening, because that is when most people are usually chanced.

Ndipe:
I am completely against it, likewise the burning of candles, incense and all that.
But God is not against it.

Ndipe:
And some white garment churches, I know for a fact do practise animal sacrifices.
I hope you know there are different white garment churches, including those you watch in Naija movies. grin
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2006
It's like all they listen to are rumors.I know aladura use red and black candles,they wear shoes with their white garment.
And for that person who said spiritual leaders bathe grown women in the river,it's never been done.They tell the women to bathe them selves.
Maybe it's another white garment church you are seeing do this
Since you don't know the differences between white garment churches.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 2:49pm On Apr 15, 2006
Let me just quickly clear things up here.

There is C & S, which is further subdivided into Aladura, etc.  They all wear shoes, including red clothings or girdles/loins.  They also use coloured candles.

There is Celica (or is it Selika?).  Their practises are almost the same as those of Celestial church.  They also do not wear shoes.  But on their soutana, they have a cross on it, at the chest region.

Then, there comes the Celestial Church of Christ.  We do not wear shoes, we neither wear red nor use coloured candles.  We only use white candles.

I think there are still other white garment churches, but these are the only ones I know of.  So, please, please and please, DO NOT CONFUSE CELE WITH OTHER WHITE GARMENT CHURCHES.

Thank you. cool
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by benosh(m): 11:31pm On Apr 16, 2006
God go Bless u with ur reply moreover this not the rigth place to discuss about ones belief

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 12:46am On Apr 17, 2006
well am not even going to say a word to you guys till you come up with valid bible verse to backup all that you are doing nd not just tell us God said it, do you know how many people have gone ahead to do something bad and said God said so. pls help us confirm if God said so by showing us from the bible where he said so.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by mide2(f): 12:52am On Apr 17, 2006
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2006
4real:

well am not even going to say a word to you guys till you come up with valid bible verse to backup all that you are doing nd not just tell us God said it, do you know how many people have gone ahead to do something bad and said God said so. please help us confirm if God said so by showing us from the bible where he said so.

people have quoted some bible verses in regards to some of the things they do in Cele. Have you read through each or some of them?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 5:19am On Apr 20, 2006
i have read all and i mean all and yet to find one that makes you do what you do. pls when you have one place it on the thread, a place where God said this is what i want you to do, not just that someone was wearing white and ah what of the person wearing black pls
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by trailblaze: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2006
Hi Benosh and Greed, you two suprise me greatly particurlarly Benosh. Why are you offended? I thought we are matured adults here. You think i don't worship God or do you think His true essence is lost to me like some people. NO!!! I know God for real, I have met with him. And incase you don't know, today is 20th April 8 days after you proclamation of me being a scape goat.
Open your eyes my Dear, No offences meant, Let the God that be God fight for Himself. In case you don't know, nothing is permtted to touch me. You know why? I am the apple of his eye. I bear His torch and His seal (that is the reason for the name TRAILBLAZE).
So have no fear!!! Let God defend Himself because we mortals do not have the capacity to defend ourselves let alone God.
But bear in mind NOTHING IS PERMITTED TO TOUCH ME BACAUSE I BEAR ON MY BODY THE MARKS OF THE LORD JESUS!!! cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by snazzydawn(f): 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2006
cele cele cele, ,.

hmmmm,I have no opinion
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 11:13pm On Apr 20, 2006
snazzydawn:

cele cele cele, ,.

hmmmm,I have no opinion
The topic says "Experience and Opinion". If you got none, then you don't need to post at all.

And please, don't give me the 'I-have-the-right-to-post-anywhere-I-like' reply. Thanks.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by mycutiepie(f): 11:55pm On Apr 20, 2006
This is the reply to AlHERI'S post.

About the guy that got a visa after been to Cele. If not cos you have personal issue with cele. This is not a good example cos it can happen anywhere. Do u know wat that guy was indulging in when he got there? If i had gone to cele for such favor and i get to my destination and start selling drugs or fraud or prostitution, and the law catches up against me, does that mean the prayer that was rendered on him didn't work? shocked Of course it did, just that i didn't walk on a problem- free lane.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 12:00am On Apr 21, 2006
GOD bless you
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by alheri(f): 10:08am On Apr 21, 2006
@mycutiepie

yes, i know what he went there to do, he went to get an education and wasnt engaged in any form of illegalities. He went to play Basket ball once and forgot his bag at the gym, on his way home, he was accousted by security operatives who wouldnt listen when he told them he forgot his bag which contained his papers and ID's at the gym. Anyway, its a pity if thats all youre looking at, my main point was the beatings he went through. The people(celes) that prayed for him prophesied that he would travel and it shall be well with him cos of their prayers and beatings and deliverance, that nothing could go wrong with him. If they can really forsee the future, how come they didnt forsee he would be deported less than a year later? Would you now blame the guy for spreading bad propaganda about cele cause of his experience?

And mr. GREED, you seem to be blessing your fellow celes on the forum alot, are you one of the prophets of cele? grin Could you maybe prophesy when this thread would come to an end? And pls,I mean that as a joke, let nobody try to chuck me knife! cheesy
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by kiwibabe(f): 10:31am On Apr 21, 2006
alheri:

@mycutiepie
The people(celes) that prayed for him prophesied that he would travel and it shall be well with him because of their prayers and beatings and deliverance, that nothing could go wrong with him. If they can really forsee the future, how come they didnt forsee he would be deported less than a year later?

Alheri that was exactly what I was trying to say throughout my posts at the beginning. I mean they same thing thay happened to your friend is the same thing that happened to my dear mother. They prohetised and prayed for a safe journey but they did not forsee that she would die on her return.
I mean,If Cele's prophets were as powerful as they like to believe. Why is it, they do not try to change the world for the better. I mean look at all of things that has happened in the world over the last few years. Did anyone from Cele stand up and prohetise to the world that they new this would happen or even help to change the outcome, as they soo like to believe they can do.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2006
@Alheriand Kiwibabe:The LORD GOD reveals unto anybody he choose's what he want's them to see.
You say cele brags of being all high and powerful.We don't brag,we just follow the word of GOD.
I don't need to be a prophet to say GOD bless you, You parent's or people in your family have said GOD bless you at least a couple of time,and i don't mean when someone sneezes.So have you probably,does this make your family memembers and yourselves prophets.
@Cutie pie:Do you know,why he was deported,you talk as if someone can just get deported anyhow,you know there must have been a crime against hte government.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 12:12pm On Apr 21, 2006
@Kiwibabe:You also say why didn't cele reveal all the bad thing's these past few years.Like i said before GOD reveals to his followers whenever he wants.
So then, why then did pastor chris not reveal it.why didn'nt the Ohter churchs like redeemed,catholic,penetelcostal,anglican,lutheran,baptist,cheribumand seraphim,
reveal it.The only reason why i ever posted on this thread is because.No one has the right to bad mouth any church the way,people did hear.If you want a thread like that then make so everyone will bad mouth everyone's church,and we'll see how you feel when they get near to talking about your church.They've said thing's here about thye hear cele worship in the sea,do rituals,and other atrocities.well,it's funny that these are ex-cele members who are bad mouthung the church.MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by jagunlabi(m): 12:56pm On Apr 21, 2006
If i may contribute to the thread on what i don't like about cele,i would mention the following;
1)The worship services in english?!I detest that!
2)Hymns in english?Heavens no!Yoruba only hymns are untouchable.
3)Services way too long,especially on sundays.

I think that that is just about it,thank you! smiley
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GREED(m): 1:03pm On Apr 21, 2006
@Jagunlabi:I've met some people like you.But cele is mostly yoruba people,so i't's not always english,if it weren't for my Dad and cele i probably wouldn't have learned a bit of yoruba.
For services,maybe where you are they get to church late,which they have to conduct service late.
For hymns, in my church we do it equally yoruba and english.But i like yoruba hymns also.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 3:16pm On Apr 21, 2006
you guys just shut up and lets end this thread ok
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 11:36pm On Apr 21, 2006
alheri:

Anyway, its a pity if thats all youre looking at, my main point was the beatings he went through. The people(celes) that prayed for him prophesied that he would travel and it shall be well with him because of their prayers and beatings and deliverance, that nothing could go wrong with him. If they can really forsee the future, how come they didnt forsee he would be deported less than a year later? Would you now blame the guy for spreading bad propaganda about cele cause of his experience?
Obviously, your posts have proven that you have personal issues against Cele. You said yourself that the guy was looking for a visa, he got to a cele church, and he eventually got one. He got what he asked for!  I'm very sure if he wasn't granted a visa at all, you would have even posted more negative things about Cele here. Now, one thing I want you to understand is that we do NOT claim to forsee the future. In Cele, the prophets only deliver whatever has been shown to them, unless the prophet himself is fake.  If God decided not to reveal it to the prophets that the guy would be deported, would that make the prophets fake? Would it make them less/not powerful?

And you seem to be implying that in Cele, we have powers. No, my sister. That is not true at all.  Only God has the powers and he bestows it on whomever he pleases. If a born again Christian loses a certain amount of money and he prays to God to help him recover it, but he doesn't, does that make the born-again a fake guy? Does that make the church he attends a fake one? Does that make God untrue?

I'm cock sure if that incidence happened in your church, you wouldn't post it here on Nairaland at all. 

kiwibabe:

I mean,If Cele's prophets were as powerful as they like to believe. Why is it, they do not try to change the world for the better. I mean look at all of things that has happened in the world over the last few years. Did anyone from Cele stand up and prohetise to the world that they new this would happen or even help to change the outcome, as they soo like to believe they can do.
Is Pastor Adeboye not a powerful man of God? What of Chris Oyakhilome? What about other powerful men of God with big big churches?  What about the pastor of your own church? Isn't God with them also? Don't they perform miracles in their churches?  So how come they haven't prophesied that certain things will happen over the last few years?  Are they all fake too?  My sister, STOP attributing things to Cele unnecessarily.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Ib(f): 4:30am On Apr 24, 2006
This thread caught my attention, so would like to add my own two cents.

My ex-boyfiend was caught in a money-transfer shop whilst attempting to collect western union in london. He was arrested and arraigned in court and given a date to appear in court in a month's time for sentencing. In my panic, i contacted some friends asking what i should as this was a matter of 2 years in jail. A friend of mine recommended a white garment prophet. Now on a good day, i would never consider this, afterall, i had been through a lot in this country but never, ever dreamt of visiting such a place. But after much persuasion, my ex and i decided to go there to see what he could do. After waiting for close to an hour to see the prophet ( there was a very long queue.), we were ushered in. Cutting a long story short, he predicted and vehemently insisted that nothing will happen and asked us to bring candles, three white eggs and and 2 live snails. If we couldnt provide it, then we could give him money to provide the neccesary things for prayers.

At this point, i lost interest but my ex being in a bad situation wanted to go on with it, so he gave the prophet £50 to get the stuff. The prophet also prophesised that the reason why my ex and i were not married was that someone in my family was against me ever getting married. So he insisted that we come back for prayers after the court case. (Meanwhile the reason why i couldnt settle with my ex was becos he was a lousy person, but save that for another topic). Needless to say, after the prayers and the burning of candles and all what not, he was jailed for 8 months, infact it was God's miracle that he wasnt deported as well.

Another incident:-  the same friend that recommended this prophet was also pregnant for her boyfriend, and they were not married. This is a girl that i know would never get pregnant before marriage as she was a born-again, and regularly attended KICC ( A popular pentecostal church in London). When i questioned her decision to get pregnant, she told me it was the prophet that saw a vision for her and told her that a lot of people in her family didnt want her to get married, the Lord according to the prophet also advised her to get pregnant so that the boy will marry her. She's given birth over 8 months now, and i'm still waiting for the Invite to her wedding. I hope it happens soon.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by mycutiepie(f): 5:40am On Apr 24, 2006
hmmmmmmmmmmm, from ur post, i could see that it wasn't cele you went to, it was a different white garment church cos everyone categorise all white garment churches as cele.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo’s 9 ‘Bodyguards’ At Shiloh 2019 Spark Controversy Online / SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped / Odù Ifá: Learn How To Interprete Ifa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.