Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Orchestra - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Orchestra (1018 Views)

Ayodeji Performs Erinlakatabu With The North Netherlands Symphony Orchestra / Modern Orchestra BEATS ALL! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orchestra by Onegai(f): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2012
Is anyone here a good instrumentalist, classical (piano, violin, clarinet), western (electric guitar)or african (xylophone, yoruba talking drum, goge)? Would you like to get together? Please reply this thread, thanks.
Re: Orchestra by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2012
Onegai: Is anyone here a good instrumentalist, classical (piano, violin, clarinet), western (electric guitar)or african (xylophone, yoruba talking drum, goge)? Would you like to get together? Please reply this thread, thanks.
actually am into creating orchestral ensembles right now. Holla if you re interested
Re: Orchestra by Onegai(f): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
Cool, let's get some more people. I'm trying to put together an ensemble as well.
Re: Orchestra by Onegai(f): 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
DJmally, send me a message please.
Re: Orchestra by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 30, 2012
Onegai: DJmally, send me a message please.
did. Reply via new medium. My device.....
Re: Orchestra by Onegai(f): 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
It won't let me reply you. Arrrghh, email is ---, pls send asap, so I can delete this before the spammers start telling me they Love me

2 Likes

Re: Orchestra by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
Right
Re: Orchestra by overboard(m): 12:27am On Aug 14, 2012
@djmally
I'm into creating same too.
Let's see if there's something we can dom @onegal, you too.
Please send comtact to richgamutonline@yahoo.com.
Thanks.
Re: Orchestra by overboard(m): 12:01am On Sep 30, 2012
@onegai
hello,,, heard nothing yet from you
my email is up here
mail me
Re: Orchestra by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 30, 2012
Where una base?
Re: Orchestra by Onegai(f): 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2012
hey guys what's up, email is not accepting anything from this site.
Re: Orchestra by temitope23(m): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
Wow!!!

It will be cool to hang out with you guys, albeit I'm still a learner on the violin. Will need some tips from some of you here
Re: Orchestra by Onegai(f): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2015
Hello old thread!

I've got some info to share.

Instead of everyone trying to rush into Naija pop music (its the most visible but only a few will actually make it there, please explore other avenues).

Do you know you can get grants from the British Council and others if you play a local instrument like Talking Drum, Goje or more? Just be very skilled at it (they will test you on it).

Also, playing local music is beginning to get attention as good film. directors are now looking for musicians to score their movies. Kunle Afolayan for one and a lot of documentaries shot in Africa prefer local music.

If you can get together and form an orchestra with modern western instruments and local instruments, MUSON will be willing to listen to you.

Also improve your skills by playing publicly. Get some acoustic guitarists and local guitarists and busk in places like Unilag Amphitheatre and Freedom Park. Keep working on your craft.

A lot of people. are now interested in local African music and we should stop ignoring our African instruments and competing with people who have mastered their own instruments for years.

2 Likes

Re: Orchestra by Onegai(f): 10:29am On Dec 08, 2015
Package your culture and people will throw money at you. I know people who toured the U.S. teaching Nigerian languages and got paid. Same with music, people are requesting for drumming classes and if you are skilled, they are willing to fly you out to teach them.

Re: Orchestra by Onegai(f): 10:35am On Dec 08, 2015
If you play string or wind Nigerian instruments, you will be in much demand because there are a lot of drummers but fewer wind and string players. So go to your village and learn them. I know a lady who went to Badagey to learn Talking Drum and now British Council supports her.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2face Idibia's Brother ' Charly Idibia' Drops 'rock U Tonight' / Chaz B Is Back With Sharing Life Issues On 93.7FM / What's Your Favourite Radio Programme?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.