Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? (27373 Views)

Hilarious Photo: Electric Pressing Iron Made By HP / Chinese Man Walks In Iron Shoes Weighing 405 Kilograms / Pressing Iron With Small Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by siaco(m): 11:30am On Jul 26, 2012
I was forced 2 Miss 1 day class coz of d iron shape burnt on my school uniform. It funny but i was angry that day
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by siaco(m): 11:31am On Jul 26, 2012
I was forced 2 Miss 1 day class coz of d iron shape burnt on my school uniform. It was funny but i was angry that day
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by KingSadeeq(m): 11:45am On Jul 26, 2012
I really dont think dis iron is made in Nigeria, i seem to recall a 'Made in China'written on it,m i da only one who thinks so?,or perhaps im miskaten.,anyways who cares?. Placing da iron on a burnin stove or gas cooker is much more covienient sha.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by LondonLisa: 11:48am On Jul 26, 2012
yes
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by chucky234(m): 12:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
sisnowee: Guys... Dis pressing iron is still in use, I did my NYSC 2007 in Imo State, I use it to press my Church Cloth wen NEPA cease lite n it belong to our LandLord, d Chieft of that Community.
You served in 2007 but your grammar sound like that of my 3 year old daughter.
"chieft,cease lite,use to press my church cloth" they blew me off my couch laughing loud.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Pain(m): 12:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
It was called "Roaster" Back in my days @ NMS. Used it to pop corn & toast bread sometimes cry
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by duke4ever: 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
bulls_eye:

Choi! [b][/b]ROMANTIC? [i][/i] May God forgive you for gross misuse of words.
slow head, stop showing your ignorance in the public. Ever heard of ROMANTIC age? The dude was making reference to the good old days.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by U1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
Na charcoal master be dis o. The last time I saw this was at the Mallams.' E don tey!
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by tnktosin(m): 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
oh yes... good old dayz
BTW does anyone know any antique shop i can get dis iron? gotta add it 2 my collection
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by scorpiogal(f): 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
sir-p2007:
l stopped using it when it ruin my xmas cloth on xmas morning,it turned my ''coat'' to 'lace'.
rotfl
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ACM10: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
KingSadeeq: I really dont think dis iron is made in Nigeria, i seem to recall a [b]'Made in China'[/b]written on it,m i da only one who thinks so?,or perhaps im miskaten.,anyways who cares?. Placing da iron on a burnin stove or gas cooker is much more covienient sha.

Nope @ the bolded. The one of 80s is 'Made in West Germany'

1 Like

Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Natasha2(f): 1:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
nope I haven't used it. cheesy
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by fesse(f): 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: You served in 2007 but your grammar sound like that of my 3 year old daughter.
"chieft,cease lite,use to press my church cloth" they blew me off my couch laughing loud.

Feeling like? Abeg this is not English class Mr. i-too-sabi.

@OP used it in my secondary school days.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
Jasmine Jetz: Ya,used it in d boardng skul 4 ironing and cookng indomie,d blowing of d coal is nt easy o

cooking indomie? shocked
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ooua: 2:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
chucky234: You served in 2007 but your grammar sound like that of my 3 year old daughter.

Thats what we see all over, even in the UK, you need to read stuff written by some of these kids.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2012
Yeah. I still use it- IF NEPA no bring light. Very efficient especially for the chinos et al. Use a cloth to cover the surface though
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by dont8(m): 3:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
Hope GEJ will not cause us to go back in using it with the current trend in corruption and epileptic power supply.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by denony(m): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
am still using it
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by denony(m): 3:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
as standby should in case of necessity
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
Yep, on alternatives... NEPA sorry PHCN are the most corrupt where I come from... I mean we ain't got light but wires.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by sophy2g(f): 3:59pm On Jul 26, 2012
oh what a good memory gurgger
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by sammyke(m): 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
hell yes
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by ABAKA72(m): 6:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
I used it and I tell you most solemnly that iron sabi burn cloth, once destroyed my pops safari with it and the man nearly killed me.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by binmacc(f): 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
its locally called ferri goose in my country
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by toschzand1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2012
Are you self motivated? A team player? Ability to work in a group of young positively aggressive goal getters? Hard working with great analytical skills? Distributors or marketer or sales person? then you're the one we're looking for in our newly established branches in Lagos. To apply, send your Name, sex, qualification, and phone number to 07068448129
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Limaoscar: 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
Yep...and burnt my hands and school uniforms a couple of times trying to put those "gators behind the shirt" Pops beat me untop of burning my uniforms once cos' the lock mistakenly shifted and coal spilled on shirt...lol
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Otuocha: 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
i cant realy remenber the last time i used it but . Do u know de suprising thing there is dat . Dat charcoal iron is wht i sell in my shop at main mkt onisha. I hv more than 500 cartons of that iron . I seel like seven catons of six pcs per day.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by billios: 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
i cant 4get one faithful day that i sty away frm school b/c of this iron.
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by lucom: 8:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
This iron burnt many of my uniforms in the boarding house
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
MizEmerald: We still have it in our house sef
i like you jor. No formings
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by lonelydora: 10:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
Used it in the village those days there was no electricity
Re: Ever Used This Kind Of Pressing Iron? by Piro4rl(m): 10:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
L.......O............L
VERY NICE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Moving Bus Goes Up In Flames In Jos (Photos) / What Do You Think About This Adage In This Age? / Christmas 2017 From Around The World In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.