Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,877 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:46 AM

Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b (60972 Views)

Poll: Do you think this bulding is necessary?

Yes: 56% (76 votes)
No: 43% (58 votes)
This poll has ended

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Gay Church Opens In Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 8:06am On Jun 20, 2009
@Skyone

The building of temples is not what Jesus emphasized on before he left if you study Jesus and you go to the New testament you will discover that the basis of redemption is

1) Housing the poor
2) feeding the poor
3)Clothing the Poor

but we see the local church building big buildings that will be destroyed by fire. the reason why revival has not come to nigeria is that our preachers have Chased after

1) Glory of man
2) accomplishment
3) money

I have a read of great men of God as kumuyi, Brother Daniel in south Africa and Mighty men of Valour brother Wilkerson USA of whose bible I am unworthy to carry. I dont worship them no way but they are Holy men of God known to few.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by pilgrim1(f): 8:20am On Jun 20, 2009
@Backslider,

It's well known you have issues with many and any Christian group that do not cut into your idea of Christianity. But another well-known thing about you is that you often make a worse case in your defence than those you try to 'correct'. Here's an example:

Backslider:

The building of temples is not what Jesus emphasized on before he left if you study Jesus and you go to the New testament you will discover that the basis of redemption is

1) Housing the poor
2) feeding the poor
3)Clothing the Poor

Do you realize that you're making a serious error in your quote there? I'm sure that none of those you identified as 'Holy men of God' will agree with you that the 'basis of redemption' are any of those 3 things you listed! None of those things can redeem anybody - NONE! Redemption is found ONLY in what Christ has done for us on the Cross -

●  In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
        according to the riches of his grace ~~ [Ephesians 1:7]

●  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins
        ~~ [Colossians 1:14]

●  Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in
        once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
        ~~ [Hebrews 9:12]

When pointing fingers at others, please be careful: many times you just are unaware that you're damning your own self!
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2009
@pilgrim

You did not get what I meant. I was talking about the Church not the individual. The topic is talking about the Church
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by pilgrim1(f): 8:33am On Jun 20, 2009
Backslider:

@pilgrim

You did not get what I meant. I was talking about the Church not the individual. The topic is talking about the Church

Church, individual, collective population or nothing in the square, it is still "error" to claim that "the basis of redemption" are any of those 3 things you listed. Go it easy on yourself and stop circulating what is false.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 8:39am On Jun 20, 2009
@pilgrim

The scripture can never be broken

What is faith without work?

The point I was making is that the Church had missed the WORK ASPECT or our calling.

Our redemption is CONTINUOS.

We dont live in the past we are redeemed every day truely not by our works alone but by the blood of the precious lamb of God. Yet the bible says that we should bring forth fruit that meet for repentance?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 8:46am On Jun 20, 2009
So that we dont go into error Let us go to the books of books

Matthew 25:31-46 (King James Version)

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

( You did not say have faith and just believe alone there was action of Love )

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

( It did not say you are a Lazy man you want to reap where you did not sow )

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

If i am wrong I will Repent on this matter now.

There is no building of Church in the passage i just quoted

REMEMBER THAT JESUS WAS THE SHEPERD OF THE GOATS AND SHEEP
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by skyone(m): 8:57am On Jun 20, 2009
Backslider:

@pilgrim

The scripture can never be broken

What is faith without work?

The point I was making is that the Church had missed the WORK ASPECT or our calling.

Our redemption is CONTINUOS.

We dont live in the past we are redeemed every day truely not by our works alone but by the blood of the precious lamb of God. Yet the bible says that we should bring forth fruit that meet for repentance?

Is there anywhere in the bible that says building a large auditorium for the work of God is a sin or explain to me how the auditorium in RCCG camp has been an object that deviates from the activities of Christianity.

The Queen by contrast is the Head of the Church Of England and she's far richer than the whole of RCCG PUT TOGETHER yet she has no activities in the work of God, she's not interested in bulding any auditorium in fact she's just there to collect tax payer's money. Now what do you say to this compare to Pastor Adeboye.

This man by special Grace of God has transformed people's life in fact millions, look back from the early 90s and see how people has been saved financially, morally, delivered etc.

Pls think before slandering any man of God.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by pilgrim1(f): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2009
@Backslider,

Backslider:

So that we dont go into error Let us go to the books of books

If i am wrong I will Repent on this matter now.

There is no building of Church in the passage i just quoted

I doubt your repentance campaign - it seems to be what you often say and never follow through to do as you say. There is no word on 'redemption' in Matthew 25:31-46 that you quoted. If there was, please show the verse alone and highlight the word.

Backslider:

People are not redeemed by their own works. The point you're making is no point at all.

Backslider:

Please show us where God's Word teaches that we're redeemed by our own works - at least, we know that we're redeemed by the Blood of Christ. Bearing fruit is quite another thing from being redeemed by Christ. I am yet to see where Matthew 25:31-46 mentions redemption; nor have you shown how those 3 things you listed earlier can redeem ANYBODY anywhere in all your replies.

It's useless trying to defend your error with excuses; and it may help to take a few steps back from your adventures of just accusing people anyhow as you've been doing. Many times you don't even know you're damning your own self in the process. None of those "Holy men of God" you mentioned will ever teach the sort of error you're forcing yourself to defend, so why are you even trying? Enough of the excuses, please. But, of course, you're entitled to continue to defend what you can't defend - you won't read from me again until you make more sense.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 9:04am On Jun 20, 2009
@skyone

I have no where said that it is a sin to build a big building. But lets us look

You have a child and you have not paid his school fees and you are building a big house?

What is needful is not the building. The holiness and Love level in the church is close to Zero.  For me personally I am just waiting for one thing.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 9:08am On Jun 20, 2009
@pilgrim

I am surprised at your argument anyways let us get what you are say before I give you qoutes

Are you saying that as Christians there is no need for works when we are saved by faith?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 9:14am On Jun 20, 2009
pilgrim.1:

@Backslider,

I am yet to see where Matthew 25:31-46 mentions redemption; nor have you shown how those 3 things you listed earlier can redeem ANYBODY anywhere in all your replies.

AGAIN MATHEW 25

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

In as much says it all i even listed three the list is more than three. Jesus was speaking to the CHURCH OF THE REDEEMED not SINNERS
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2009
@pilgrim

Bearing fruit is quite another thing from being redeemed by Christ.

Our Job (works) is to bear fruit after we have believed. May be I should have said the "BASIS of OUR CONTINUOS REDEMPTION " but wether continuos of not redemption na redemption.

The topic is not about other faiths but about the redeemed of the Lord true or false?

James 2

All professions of faith are vain, if not producing[b] love and justice to others[/b]. The necessity of good works to prove the sincerity of faith, which otherwise will be of no more advantage than the faith of devils. He is saying that, just as surely as a dead person does no works, so a faith, a religion, that does not include works is also dead. Thus, a person in whom living, saving faith exists will produce works.

One must also consider Ephesians 2:8, 10, which tell us that salvation is by grace through faith, and that the Father created us for good works, which He prearranged for us to perform.

Therefore, how can a person with a dead faith, one that produces no works, be in God's Kingdom, since he would be failing to do the very thing for which God is creating him in Christ?

I can confidently say that one clear thing that shows one is redeemed is that he is doing the right works in faith. Dead faith is still FAITH.

JUST AS WORKING WITHOUT FAITH IS DEAD SO IS FAITH WITHOUT WORKS. Faith and works are mutually inclusive.

Christian living is not Abstract living

for JESUS SAID

Let your Light so shine

Mathew 25 is saying how that Light must shine.

Selah
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by skyone(m): 9:57am On Jun 20, 2009
Backslider:

@skyone

I have no where said that it is a sin to build a big building. But lets us look

You have a child and you have not paid his school fees and you are building a big house?

What is needful is not the building. The holiness and Love level in the church is close to Zero.  For me personally I am just waiting for one thing.

Charity is on a rampage at the RCCG camp, among many are the free delivery of babies and free medical treatment in the camp but Of course in other RCCG churches not sure about that.

As per holiness Pastor Adeboye is a Holy man to the core but as for other RCCG pastors not convincing that much but nevertheless the RCCG auditorium is a fantastic work of God.

And plz answer my question about the Queen's wealth compare to Pastor Adeboye
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by pilgrim1(f): 10:00am On Jun 20, 2009
@Backslider,

You're wasting your time. I already said 'Enough of the excuses, please' - and also that 'you won't read from me again until you make more sense'. So far, just to let you know: you have NOT made any sense. You're still scuttling round in circles and still unable to show any place where your own works redeem your soul. Where does the Bible teach that "the basis of redemption" was any of those 3 things you mentioned? You have not shown this, nor do you understand your own error. You're throwing around so many words - love, justice, work, faith, etc., etc., etc., - and yet, you have not shown ANYWHERE the Bible teaches your error.

You could as well fill this thread with another dozen replies excuses that still say absolutely nothing of the sort of propaganda you're emitting; so please stop wasting your time defending your error with excuses.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 10:10am On Jun 20, 2009
@pilgrim1

Indeed i am wasting my time. You know I am not as intelligent as you are. let me continue in my Error so please you can go, I dont need to hear from you when I have the bible to hear from. The BASIS OF REDEMPTION IS NOT ONLY WORKS BUT WORKS AND FAITH.

THIS TOPIC IS TALKING ABOUT WORKS OF THE CHURCH

but for the sake of love i would rephrase

I say the basis of continous redemption is Good works
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by MrCrackles(m): 10:11am On Jun 20, 2009
Seriously not sure about spending a huge sum of money on an auditorium angry
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 10:12am On Jun 20, 2009
@skyone

Is the Queen Redeemed?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by microgiant: 10:13am On Jun 20, 2009
Matthew 7:20-24
20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24: Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock

Be wise cool
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2009
microgiant:

Matthew 7:20-24
20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
24: Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock

Be wise cool

Ye wisdom crieth.

When one is studying the bible one must put aside his own wisdom.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by skyone(m): 10:24am On Jun 20, 2009
Backslider:

@skyone

Is the Queen Redeemed?

To start with what's your understanding of being redeemed?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by microgiant: 10:29am On Jun 20, 2009
2 Timothy 4 : 2 - 5

New International Version (©1984)
2: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.
3: For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
4: They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
5: But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

King James Bible
2: Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4: And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5: But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 10:42am On Jun 20, 2009
To be redeemed is to be free from the Command control of sin(the only potent power satan has over man) and the consequences, which we can only receive by faith in the Lord Jesus.

This is the innitial step.

After this we can safely say you the soul has been redeemed. but now we need to live for our redeemer so we must  BRING FRUITS that meet for Repentance

So that if you are a

1) killer kill no more
2) Liar lie no more
3) Thief steal no more
etc etc

Now the bible does not wants to make this law no way but because we love our redeemer we must not sin or we cannot sin. now leaving that, as a christian our duty is to Show mercy to people with a pure heart not wanting any reward in heaven or earth.

We can not give back the amount of love Jesus gave us but we can endeavour to give back love and care not expecting any praise of man or God. The bible calls it our reasonable service.  

The Christian is called to serve with or without pay.

He is saved Sanctified and then filled with the holy ghost and power
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by skyone(m): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2009
Backslider:

To be redeemed is to be free from the Command control of sin(the only potent power satan has over man) and the consequences, which we can only receive by faith in the Lord Jesus.

This is the innitial step.

After this we can safely say you the soul has been redeemed. but now we need to live for our redeemer so we must  BRING FRUITS that meet for Repentance

So that if you are a

1) killer kill no more
2) Liar lie no more
3) Thief steal no more
etc etc

Now the bible does not wants to make this law no way but because we love our redeemer we must not sin or we cannot sin. now leaving that, as a christian our duty is to Show mercy to people with a pure heart not wanting any reward in heaven or earth.

We can not give back the amount of love Jesus gave us but we can endeavour to give back love and care not expecting any praise of man or God. The bible calls it our reasonable service. 

The Christian is called to serve with or without pay.

He is saved Sanctified and then filled with the holy ghost and power

Good, and it means by asking me the question[i] is Queen redeemed or not [/i] makes it clear to me that you clearly believe that Pastor Adeboye is purely redeemed which is good as well.

Secondly, if you believe Pastor Adeboye is redeemed then dont you think he has the free mode to initiate the building of large a auditorium which now serves as a road to salvation for millions of people. Let me tell you, Love is having great concern about your fellow human beings not just giving money to the poor.

A lot of people need to be redeemed first before they can be fed and after they are fed they will also feed another who is lost and hungary; hence not only hungary for food but hungary for God.  HE SAID But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you Luke 12:31.

It is no good if you continue to feed a child and you do not teach him or her on how to catch a fish, not good at all. This magnificient auditorium has saved many and teach many millions on how to feed for themselves and become a trainer in the process. Today an average RCCG member is to a certain degree comfortable.

So stop mixing the full responsibility of a government with church.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2009
skyone:

Good, and it means by asking me the question[i] is Queen redeemed or not [/i] makes it clear to me that you clearly believe that Pastor Adeboye is purely redeemed which is good as well.

Well I have not said that he is redeemed or not here. He may be redeemed (the redemption by the blood)but that is not what this post is all about. The post is about the function of the Church of the Ecclesia.

skyone:

Secondly, if you believe Pastor Adeboye is redeemed then dont you think he has the free mode to initiate the building of large a auditorium which now serves as a road to salvation for millions of people. Let me tell you, Love is having great concern about your fellow human beings not just giving money to the poor.

you are right to some extent but to build a big building is Spiritual Irresponsibility of the highest order. Giving succour to the poor is having great concern for the poor. There is no aspect of love that is intangible. You must see love. You take money from people and you use to build big building this is called the religion of the GOLDEN CALF

Now Read

Exodus 32
1And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

2And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

3And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.

4And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

5And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.

6And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
7And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

8They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

9And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

10Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

If you annalyze the passage above you will see the hearts of the people were still in Egypt. if you read your post you will see your self comparing A general in the army of God to a Civillain.

The church is supposed to be the example of selflessness. I have some many quotes but i will leave you with these

Matthew 24
1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

The building is not neccessary

John 4
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Josephus a Jewish historian.

wrote

Josephus speaks of the house to house fighting that occurred:

[b]These Romans put the Jews to flight, and proceeded as far as the holy house itself. At which time one of the soldiers, without staying for any orders, and without any concern or dread upon him at so great an undertaking, and being hurried on by a certain divine fury, snatched some what out of the materials that were on fire, and being lifted up by another soldier, he set fire to a golden window, through which there was a passage to the rooms that were round about the holy house, on the north side of it. As the flames went upward, the Jews made a great clamour, such as so mighty an affliction required, and ran together to prevent it; and now they spared not their lives any longer, nor suffered anything to restrain their force, since that holy house was perishing . . . thus it was the holy house burnt down . . . Nor can one imagine any thing greater or more terrible than this noise; for there was at once a shout of the Roman Legions, who were marching all together, and a sad clamour of the seditious, who were now surrounded with fire and sword . . . the people under a great consternation, made sad moans at the calamity they were under . . . Yet was the misery itself more terrible than this disorder; for one would have thought that the hill itself, on which the Temple stood, was seething hot, as full of fire on every part of it.[/b]

skyone:

A lot of people need to be redeemed first before they can be fed and after they are fed they will also feed another who is lost and hungary; hence not only hungary for food but hungary for God. HE SAID But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you Luke 12:31.

The Church Premises is not for sinners. That is the Church is for the gathering of saints. You can have a revival for weak Christians, sinners and backsliders. if you were Hungry and I preached to you and you know I had the means to help you and some idol worshippers came to you and gave you food and house free.

you would immediately want to know that god that the idol worshipper worships that does not have to know much about you or even preach to you before you beleive even though they lead to destruction.

If the church says all men and women should come for free food and housing in nigeria dont you know that the problems we have would almost be solved?

skyone:

It is no good if you continue to feed a child and you do not teach him or her on how to catch a fish, not good at all. This magnificient auditorium has saved many and teach many millions on how to feed for themselves and become a trainer in the process. Today an average RCCG member is to a certain degree comfortable.
So stop mixing the full responsibility of a government with church.

To teach and to feed are not mutually exclusive. You can teach and feed at the same time. Can you teach a dead man how to fish? This is where our problem is the responsibility is the Church Read

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

(it did not say receive your healing!) and just leave at that
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

We are saved by this acts. Can you imagine We have a whole book dedicated to the Acts of the Apostle. just let us look for where they built any big building.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by skyone(m): 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2009
Backslider:

you are right to some extent but to build a big building is Spiritual Irresponsibility of the highest order. Giving succour to the poor is having great concern for the poor. There is no aspect of love that is intangible. You must see love. You take money from people and you use to build big building this is called the religion of the GOLDEN CALF

Now Read

Exodus 32
1And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us; for as for this Moses, the man that brought us up out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him.

2And Aaron said unto them, [b]Break off the golden earrings
, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me.

3And all the people brake off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron.

4And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

5And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, To morrow is a feast to the LORD.

6And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play.
7And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for thy people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt, have corrupted themselves:

8They have turned aside quickly out of the way which I commanded them: they have made them a molten calf, and have worshipped it, and have sacrificed thereunto, and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

9And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

10Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

If you annalyze the passage above you will see the hearts of the people were still in Egypt. if you read your post you will see your self comparing A general in the army of God to a Civillain.

The church is supposed to be the example of selflessness. I have some many quotes but i will leave you with these

Matthew 24
1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

The building is not neccessary

John 4
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Josephus a Jewish historian.

wrote

Josephus speaks of the house to house fighting that occurred:

[b]These Romans put the Jews to flight, and proceeded as far as the holy house itself. At which time one of the soldiers, without staying for any orders, and without any concern or dread upon him at so great an undertaking, and being hurried on by a certain divine fury, snatched some what out of the materials that were on fire, and being lifted up by another soldier, he set fire to a golden window, through which there was a passage to the rooms that were round about the holy house, on the north side of it. As the flames went upward, the Jews made a great clamour, such as so mighty an affliction required, and ran together to prevent it; and now they spared not their lives any longer, nor suffered anything to restrain their force, since that holy house was perishing . . . thus it was the holy house burnt down . . . Nor can one imagine any thing greater or more terrible than this noise; for there was at once a shout of the Roman Legions, who were marching all together, and a sad clamour of the seditious, who were now surrounded with fire and sword . . . the people under a great consternation, made sad moans at the calamity they were under . . . Yet was the misery itself more terrible than this disorder; for one would have thought that the hill itself, on which the Temple stood, was seething hot, as full of fire on every part of it.[/b]

[b]The Church Premises is not for sinners. That is the Church is for the gathering of saints. You can have a revival for weak Christians, sinners and backsliders. if you were Hungry and I preached to you and you know I had the means to help you and some idol worshippers came to you and gave you food and house free.[/b]you would immediately want to know that god that the idol worshipper worships that does not have to know much about you or even preach to you before you beleive even though they lead to destruction.

If the church says all men and women should come for free food and housing in nigeria dont you know that the problems we have would almost be solved?

To teach and to feed are not mutually exclusive. You can teach and feed at the same time. Can you teach a dead man how to fish? This is where our problem is the responsibility is the Church Read

(it did not say receive your healing!) and just leave at that

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.[/b]
We are saved by this acts. Can you imagine We have a whole book dedicated to the Acts of the Apostle. just let us look for where they built any big building.

(1) Spiritual Irresponsibility of the highest order MEANING 

(2) Honestly i see why pilgrim gave up on you, your theological understanding is very shallow, imagine you said church premisis is not for sinners, barbarick in my ears

(3) Sit back and be honest with yourself after reading what you've posted, dont you think they are completely irrelevant for goodnes sake.

sad sad sad you know what take care
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Backslider(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2009
The apostles were not sinners and they meet in houses of saints they were not sinners.
The main reason for Church is for the saints.
The mordern day backsliden church is for all and sundry.

There was a man in scripture you know what he said

"WOULD YOU ALSO LEAVE ME"

I am not any better than that person.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by 9ja4eva: 12:20am On Aug 22, 2009
So who goes next, since RCCG has cancelled WINNERS AUDITORIUM,
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Oba234: 12:33am On Aug 22, 2009
lol@all this angry post what is wrong with you guys. Abeg leave the man of God alone. I am not a member of reedemed, but it seems nairalanders love blaming him for Nigerian problems. Abeg, people that are quick to point fingers. what have you done for the poor in Nigeria??
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by manmustwac(m): 12:38am On Aug 22, 2009
Oba234:

lol@all this angry post what is wrong with you guys. Abeg leave the man of God alone. I am not a member of reedemed, but it seems nairalanders love blaming him for Nigerian problems. Abeg, people that are quick to point fingers. what have you done for the poor in Nigeria??
what has your so called man of god done for the poor in nigeria?
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Rebarobyn: 12:43am On Aug 22, 2009
I have since learnt that when 9ja people are praising you just watch your back because it would be very short-lived, the same people will crucify you twice as much as they praised you.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by Oba234: 1:18am On Aug 22, 2009
manmustwac:

what has your so called man of god done for the poor in nigeria?

like I said, I am not a member of redeemed so I don't know anything about Pastor Adeboye. I have to do research on him, but this has nothing to do with what he has done for the poor. My problem is that what have all these people on nairalanders done for the poor instead of pointing fingers at somebody else. Let stop being a hypocrite. take care of the speck in your eye before you worry about taking out the speck in neighbor's eyes.
Re: Redeemed Church Opens World's Biggest Auditorium, Costs N7.7b by 9ja4eva: 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2009
Oba234:

like I said, I am not a member of redeemed so I don't know anything about Pastor Adeboye. I have to do research on him, but this has nothing to do with what he has done for the poor. My problem is that what have all these people on nairalanders done for the poor instead of pointing fingers at somebody else. Let stop being a hypocrite. take care of the speck in your eye before you worry about taking out the speck in neighbor's eyes.

Well can you compare a nairalander to the "self acclaimed men of God".I have in my own way contributed and still contributing to the needy, which is hurting as those who are supposed to do it are not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Prophet Chukwuemeka "Odumeje" Ohanaemere's Wife And Children (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On Succession Of Living Faith Church / Oyedepo Dressed In Sudanese Traditional Outfit While In South Sudan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.