Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning (19888 Views)

See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area / My Ordeal With Nigeria Immigration Officers / True Life Story: My Ordeal With An Alien/Demon/Witch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Super1759: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2012
This actually happened to me this morning on my way to work. I got to Anthony oke to board a bus or taxi going to obalende.

An ash nissan pulled up to me and picked me up.Normally it was supposed to be 300 at the park,but we were just 2.myself and a shabby looking old man then a woman in front.

The driver collected N100 from me and we moved. Along the line,the driver started shouting at the shabby guy,that he must confess if not he would be taken to the park and be beaten.lol.

The driver started explaining to me and the lady that he picked the man and some ladies that carried baskets of tomato. That when the ladies dropped,he noticed the man had a huge amount of money. sensing it must be from the ladies o..He started shouting at the man, suddenly the shabby man said he will confess,that he is a servant boy to one alhaji that the alhaji had stroke last night and died so all the boys were looting stuffs den he made away with the supposedly 1.5million dollars in the trunk o...Omen as I hear am my ear stand o!

Then the driver started asking me what I do for a living, I told him I am a student doing I.T in obalende(that was a lie). He asked the woman,the woman said she is into business. It was then my head started beeping that "I don enter bad belle cab". I tried not to show how frightened I have become because two things came to my mind : either I would be used for rituals or they would end up collecting my bb torch and the N750 I had on me(imagine just today I didn't want togo to work with atleast 10,000k).

Along the line the driver started talking plenty,what I believed was a way to wash my head. The driver said that people are wicked,are you sure he(the shabby old man) didn't kill the alhaji? the only way he will leave him is for the shabby guy to share the 1.5million dollars with us.

The lady agreed joined in the discussion. they asked me which tribe, I told them igbo. They said ok. The shabby man started begging that we shouldn't take him to station,that he will share the money but only that he is suspecting there is a charm in the bag because he almost collapsed wen he carried the Ghana must go.

I said in my mind,"i don hear am today" the lady now said she knows an imam in surulere that can neutralize the charm, we all agreed(I had to pretend to them so they don't do something nasty to me) the driver was on top gear so I didn't want to react so I wont be pushed off the cab and there was no traffic imagine!!.

we took a right turn at iyan owerre en-route surulere to see the imam. I Was praying for traffic so I will jump off the cab.

I had noticed the shabby man was so composed and really playing his script well. He looked at me from behind his eye and I pretended not to notice. He was too composed to be scared. we struck traffic at eleganza bustop.

I said to my self oboy now is the time....then on a 2nd thought, let me wait to see if there would be a police check point so I will jump out and shout "ritualist", definitely there would be a hot chase.

My decision didn't pay o! na so so lastma and yellow fever people I dey see.I looked in front the traffic was clearing,we would hit a free major road again. The driver told me to wind the glass up so that okadas wont hear us talking about the money(imagine I be pikin?)immediately I pulled the car door and jumped out!!a camry just pulled up in front of me o,I just flashed back and remembered that the driver had collected my 100 and I didn't want to let go.

I had already drawn attention from passersby and some lastma people.I immediately stood up and chased them,I started banging on the door,I wanted to open the front door to pull the woman out,she immediately locked up,I opened the shabby man's door,luckily it was open,the man just threw out my 100naira and said take your money oo and go wow!!

What an experience.I just boarded a BRT to obalende cms.I'm late for work.(My friend working somewhere in lagos)

4 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by ITbomb(m): 10:36am On Jul 26, 2012
Welldone bro,
Sometimes I wonder why people fall for this fraudstars
Is it greed?

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Super1759: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2012
ITbomb: Welldone bro,
Sometimes I wonder why people fall for this fraudstars
Is it greed?
na soo bro.everyone should be at alert especially lagosians.that city nawaOoo
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by REMMEI(m): 11:14am On Jul 26, 2012
cheesy

i've had an encounter with this 419ers before..if you had allowed them get to surulere..o boy you don enter am be dat o..because most of these people work hand in hand with the police.. but thank God you escaped..it's not one chance,one chance go just collect your cell and the dough on you and pushed you out of their bus or car..

Have a blessed day man.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Super1759: 12:25pm On Jul 26, 2012
REMMEI: cheesy

i've had an encounter with this 419ers before..if you had allowed them get to surulere..o boy you don enter am be dat o..because most of these people work hand in hand with the police.. but thank God you escaped..it's not one chance,one chance go just collect your cell and the dough on you and pushed you out of their bus or car..

Have a blessed day man.
reali?
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by erniok(m): 12:28pm On Jul 26, 2012
@super1759: u get mind dey pursue N100. What if the old man had opened the door to dash u one bullet?

21 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by gegee(m): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
dem dey abj o around airport junction, jabi and utako area i don enter 2 times thesame old crappy story i'll be shocked if anybody ever falls for that
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2012
Make senc,u b correct ibo boy! Igbo kwenu!

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by babythug(f): 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2012
You asked for your N100? shocked
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by nikkyshyne(f): 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
You can imagine. After his freedom, still chasing 100 naira. Some people mumu no be small cheesy

7 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by tohirah(f): 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
lucky you ooo. You get mind dey pursue #100. I would have ran as fast as my legs could take me
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by MMM2(m): 12:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
Op
Just thank GOD
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by ALIF07: 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
You are just so fortunate that they didn't take you to the acclaim Alhaji cos by now u would have been pepper soup. We should really be very careful with most of the private vehicle in the course of looking for a cheaper fare.

One Love
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by U1(m): 12:41pm On Jul 26, 2012
nikkyshyne: You can imagine. After his freedom, still chasing 100 naira. Some people mumu no be small cheesy

lol. That shows he's a confirmed Ibo boy. That's a joke o; no tribalistic meaning to the statement, please. You just can never tell.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by admitme(m): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
Oboy laff don kill me die... LDKMD. This your story funny die grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by victor2020(m): 12:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
op, thankGod for u

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by RoyalRoy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
You harsh small. God save you from a major catastrophe and you go chasing them for 100 naira? God save you o.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by loneytunes(m): 12:44pm On Jul 26, 2012
Bros thank God for your life. But when they offered to carry you for 100naira instead of 300 naira you suppose don suspect say something dey!

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
This just reminded me the day I met these 1 chance people, dem gree say na confirm igbo boi I be as a mata of fact brought up in aba.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by edmasta01: 12:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
I have experienced this before. It was in Ibadan. On that day, I had 100k in my pocket. I came out of GTB and flagged down a taxi and that was how I got into it o....lol.

As soon as I jumped in, I noticed that they didn't pick up any other passenger despite the passengers shouting same route I shouted.

And as soon as I heard that same cock and bull story....they parked the car and was asking eachother how to share the money....lol. I just opened the door and said...sorry, I forgot my card in the bank.

So they drove off. As soon as I got into another car, and narrated what just happened to the taxi driver, he asked me if I noticed their no as NURTW is trying to crackdown on the people using taxis to do the 419 scam as its bad business for them.

This happened to me in 2010...lol.

Funny enough, it happened to my former staff too...lol. But coz I narrated my ordeal to her before then, she knew what to do...lol

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Super1759: 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2012
nikkyshyne: You can imagine. After his freedom, still chasing 100 naira. Some people mumu no be small cheesy
no be mumu thingoooo.how 100 no be money. nawaoooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Loveaflame(m): 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
Hmmmm.But we thank the Lord for u my dear bros.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Shakara123(m): 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
Except you are greedy, non-vigilant, and non-prayerful, you can never fall prey to those jobless and heartless beings.

But chief, God save you finish you still wan catch them because of your N100 box?

Stay cool bro.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Obinoscopy(m): 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2012
Its not one chance. They are 419ers. Thank God for you though
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
Lol! Bros u no fit risk 100naira? I had a similar experience in 2005 wen I left lag to benin to see my hubby who was then doing his NYSC.I entered a car going to airport road and suddenly the driver and the guy in front of the car started shouting at the young boy sitting next to me.the boy was pleading with the driver to please take the 1.5million dollars in the boot that it belongs to his late boss.I was like WTF! 1.5 million? The young boy said there was a charm in the bag containing the money.all these I saw myself.so they asked me do I have cash? I said no but am with my withdrawal booklet.lol!my heart was beating faster than normal! Immediately the car stopped,I remembered falilat ogunkoya I ran for my dear life! Wen I reached my hubby's house, I narrated the story to him and all he cld do was to laugh at me!lol!

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by semid4lyfe(m): 12:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
Glad it ended well for the OP
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by ecode1(m): 12:55pm On Jul 26, 2012
Op, I must confess you are one funny dude, yes. I mean funny dude in a negative way. You could have gotten yourself seriously injured or killed because of mere 100 naira. You need to give thanks to God Almighty. Please wait, i have something more to tell you. You need to pray seriously for God's wisdom. You sure really need it more than anything else in your life.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by blankees(m): 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2012
Guy, dis ur story is interesting and funny ooo. Lmao when i read dis portion of ur story I said in my mind,"i don hear am today". Am glad, u were smarter than they thought. We just need to be more security conscious. U get mind to go back for that 100 bucks ooo grin

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Skmoda360(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
This guy is so funny, still chase after #100, u'r lucky dat d old man did nt nak juju 4 body.
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Sijo01(f): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
Very stupid set of people.......have excaped from them twice.

They dont even change their mode of operationangry angry
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Boyoorisha: 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2012
Next time don't do that! I have been looking for this opportunity but never came across one. It happened to a close friend, they later agreed to share the dollar( they showed him the dollar in a ghana must go) but it has to be cleansed by a spiritualist with a hundred thousand grin. Now they stroke an agreement that the Dollars would be shared by the percentage of contribution. My friend didn't have money on him and came home to take out of my money hoping to return when he a got his share. They kept on calling him and they later came to where my friend was and collected his 30k.
Next time, just play along and tell them to come for the money. then arrange for police for their arrest
Re: My Ordeal With "One Chance Fraudsters" This Morning by Saraha1(f): 1:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
Which I had opportunity to the internet 5years back am sure my story would have be much exciting compare to what I went through in the hands of thesame bastard who almost ruined my life .Jan 28 2007 would forever be in my memory.They collected 150,000 from me,let me stop here dont want to remember how it all happend,those that were close to me knew what I went through in the hand's of my boss and her friends.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three Great People You Would Like To Meet. / High Death Rate On The Lekki Expressway / Police Arrest Rams For Attacking 65-Year-Old Woman In Ado-Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.