Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... (6374 Views)

Aliko Dangote Will Start Selling Forex (dollars, Pounds, Euros Etc) To The C.B.N / How Did You Feel When You Made Your First Million? / How I Made My First Million From Nothing..... Might Help Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by FXKing2012(m): 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
Successful businessmen/women and career folks in the house, tell us how you made your first million naira/dollars/pounds/euros as well as how you have managed to stay in business. This will help motivate and inspire aspiring entrepreneurs and young graduates.
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by mrkels(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2012
Was given some family stock options, sold some and got my first million, I know what you are thinking, silly decision right? But I thank God I sold, now that stock is valued at 140k and its oando former unipetrol grin
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by FXKing2012(m): 9:34am On Jul 27, 2012
mrkels: Was given some family stock options, sold some and got my first million, I know what you are thinking, silly decision right? But I thank God I sold, now that stock is valued at 140k and its oando former unipetrol grin

Good for you cos u could have been caught in the downturn.
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by Delafruita(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2012
mrkels: Was given some family stock options, sold some and got my first million, I know what you are thinking, silly decision right? But I thank God I sold, now that stock is valued at 140k and its oando former unipetrol grin
good for you.wish i had taken that step.now am stuck with stocks of AP,oando,conoil,intercontinental,etc.
@FXKing2012......made my first million on a business i started with 8000naira.started packaging fresh fruits and supplying to banks during lunch hour.within 6months,registered the company as a limited liability company.twas a good business but then we made the mistake of taking a bank loan,the bank crisis began at the same period which reduced our client base drasticallly,we started running at a loss,then eventually,all partners agreed to end the business thereby saddling me,been the major shareholder and CEO with responsibility of clearing our debts and so i lost all the money i made and even had to seek paid-employment to meet up my loan payments to the bank.
so it isnt about making the first million,its about building a solid business that creates multiple million.that experience taught me valuable lessons and immediately after i finished repayments,i resigned and started another business.this time real estate.learning from the past experience,priority isnt on getting a good "company car" or other non-essentials.priority is on giving our clients the best service possible by ensuring we do due diligence before acquiring any land from government or the landowners.then we ensure we process all necessary documentation and try to provide all amenities required in our estates.its not easy putting off the urge to acquire some stuff,but the experience of the past failure helps me stay in track.besides i have my investors' funds to protect.
i hope my long essay helps someone understand that a failure is the starting point of another journey to success.
P.S. feels good to respond to your thread without having to.................

9 Likes

Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by cyrexx: 10:02am On Jul 27, 2012
^^

it is indeed true that experience is the best teacher, no business school can teach what you have to learn with experience.
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by FXKing2012(m): 5:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
Delafruita:
good for you.wish i had taken that step.now am stuck with stocks of AP,oando,conoil,intercontinental,etc.
@FXKing2012......made my first million on a business i started with 8000naira.started packaging fresh fruits and supplying to banks during lunch hour.within 6months,registered the company as a limited liability company.twas a good business but then we made the mistake of taking a bank loan,the bank crisis began at the same period which reduced our client base drasticallly,we started running at a loss,then eventually,all partners agreed to end the business thereby saddling me,been the major shareholder and CEO with responsibility of clearing our debts and so i lost all the money i made and even had to seek paid-employment to meet up my loan payments to the bank.
so it isnt about making the first million,its about building a solid business that creates multiple million.that experience taught me valuable lessons and immediately after i finished repayments,i resigned and started another business.this time real estate.learning from the past experience,priority isnt on getting a good "company car" or other non-essentials.priority is on giving our clients the best service possible by ensuring we do due diligence before acquiring any land from government or the landowners.then we ensure we process all necessary documentation and try to provide all amenities required in our estates.its not easy putting off the urge to acquire some stuff,but the experience of the past failure helps me stay in track.besides i have my investors' funds to protect.
i hope my long essay helps someone understand that a failure is the starting point of another journey to success.
P.S. feels good to respond to your thread without having to.................

Good story with so much to learn from it. I must say I admire your tenacity; your decision to resign and start another business also shows your passion for business and belief in your ability to build a viable business. I hope the new real estate business is waxing strong and I hope we can get to do business someday.
P.S: Good to know u are capable of responding to a thread without having to . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by Delafruita(m): 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
FXKing2012:

Good story with so much to learn from it. I must say I admire your tenacity; your decision to resign and start another business also shows your passion for business and belief in your ability to build a viable business. I hope the new real estate business is waxing strong and I hope we can get to do business someday.
P.S: Good to know u are capable of responding to a thread without having to . . . . . . . . . . .
its waxing strong.hopefully it will wax stronger.i never close the door on business association with anyone.hopefully,we can forge an alliance that will be mutually beneficial.
its good we're having a conversation without having to............
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by FXKing2012(m): 9:49am On Aug 01, 2012
Delafruita:
its waxing strong.hopefully it will wax stronger.i never close the door on business association with anyone.hopefully,we can forge an alliance that will be mutually beneficial.

A good business alliance is always good for everyone. So is your real estate business in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by Delafruita(m): 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
FXKing2012:

A good business alliance is always good for everyone. So is your real estate business in Lagos or Abuja?
for now its in lagos.after solidifying the base,then we'd begin to move into other states.
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by FXKing2012(m): 9:33am On Feb 22, 2013
Delafruita:
for now its in lagos.after solidifying the base,then we'd begin to move into other states.
Carry me along as you move ooo
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by kedukc(m): 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by FXKing2012(m): 10:25pm On Feb 22, 2013
kedukc: my first mil was in transportation which I quickly abandoned, Transportation is problematic simply because all your eggs are in one basket i.e if anything goes seriously wrong with the vehicle, doesn't matter how much of your investment recovered, you simply go under. even when it's not a serious issue, you're losing money to fix it and losing valuable working hours. Whereas in a service business, the loss of one client is easier to bear.

second was in network engineering, a cool gig where I spent loads on professional development, but I've lost touch with the mundane aspects.

Prior to making a mil, i had a multi-year itch to leave naija. When I finally got admission to UWE, my relative chop my fees money which I entrusted him to pay on my behalf. Painfully i took my educational pursuit to India which was less expensive but that's where i learned that naija is better than some places and resolved to return and pick things up again.

I'm leaning towards hospitality right now with much faith in Naija's future.
nice one bro
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by RoyalRoy(m): 7:49am On Feb 23, 2013
Made my first million from the BANK....yes you read well...the bank!
I had a rare privilege to have gotten paid about #30m from my dad's property & assets which he decided to reduce after realising they are getting too numerous to monitor & maintain!!
Since he wasn't in the country when the funds came in, I practically took the money to the bank, negotiated with the bank guys....got a good % from them and decided to fix the money for just 3months, before he was back and needed his money!
I fixed at a rate of 8% back then, and you can do the maths. free money, no hassles!!
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by FXKing2012(m): 8:14am On Feb 23, 2013
Royal Roy: Made my first million from the BANK....yes you read well...the bank!
I had a rare privilege to have gotten paid about #30m from my dad's property & assets which he decided to reduce after realising they are getting too numerous to monitor & maintain!!
Since he wasn't in the country when the funds came in, I practically took the money to the bank, negotiated with the bank guys....got a good % from them and decided to fix the money for just 3months, before he was back and needed his money!
I fixed at a rate of 8% back then, and you can do the maths. free money, no hassles!!
Easy money, no stress.

2 Likes

Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by rahjan: 8:35am On Feb 23, 2013
Roy, 8 percent O̶̷̩̥̊͡f 30m f̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ 3months Ȋ̝̊̅§ 600k
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by chiboy11(m): 8:39am On Feb 23, 2013
I made my 1st milion under 1 month last year, funny busines I tel u, I linkd som one to my uncle 4a deal n I waz given dat mone as my share ( PH skul reconstructon project ) n I made 1 milion , I kno I waz cheated but all d same na free mone so I take am like dat
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by FXKing2012(m): 8:52am On Feb 23, 2013
chiboy11: I made my 1st milion under 1 month last year, funny busines I tel u, I linkd som one to my uncle 4a deal n I waz given dat mone as my share ( PH skul reconstructon project ) n I made 1 milion , I kno I waz cheated but all d same na free mone so I take am like dat
Just like that? That was too easy.
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by RoyalRoy(m): 8:52am On Feb 23, 2013
rahjan: Roy, 8 percent O̶̷̩̥̊͡f 30m f̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ 3months Ȋ̝̊̅§ 600k
Do your maths again brov!!
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by rozayx5(m): 8:57am On Feb 23, 2013
@op op nice thread

hope scammers dont use style to take advantage of this topic sha, but i trust the OP grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by FXKing2012(m): 9:19am On Feb 23, 2013
rozayx5: @op op nice thread

hope scammers dont use style to take advantage of this topic sha, but i trust the OP grin grin
Thanks bro, I get your point about the likes of Wunmi Allen or Chibuzor Eze coming here to make ridiculous claims with the hope of luring people to buy into them. I know realistic claims from spurious claims....

By the way, you might wanna tell us how you made yours in online trading cos I know that's your area.
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by rozayx5(m): 11:04am On Feb 23, 2013
FXKing2012:
Thanks bro, I get your point about the likes of Wunmi Allen or Chibuzor Eze coming here to make ridiculous claims with the hope of luring people to buy into them. I know realistic claims from spurious claims....

By the way, you might wanna tell us how you made yours in online trading cos I know that's your area.

grin

it took 6 months sha to see the first 6k$ grin

i be student oh i never reach the $ side yet grin
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by Manweysabi(m): 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2013
rahjan: Roy, 8 percent O̶̷̩̥̊͡f 30m f̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ 3months Ȋ̝̊̅§ 600k
e be like say when u wan learn maths for school, the teacher die or u dey skip maths classes undecided
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by Manweysabi(m): 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2013
It took me 9months... Was working in a family dental clinic as a trained dental technician... Went on an adventurous extensive savings after NYSC and i hit the mark (one million naira) on May 15th last year. Was seekin for visa to study in Canada. The Law of Dimishing Returns sets in on my savings when i was denied visa september. It's now rising when i started FOREX- though, increasing at a decreasing rate. Thank God!
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by Manutd19: 3:32pm On Feb 23, 2013
Cool story guys. By God's grace i should write mine before the year ends. Am almost there with Forex things. Still can't understand why people keep saying fx is shit. Cool biz
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by rahjan: 11:16am On Feb 24, 2013
Manweysabi: e be like say when u wan learn maths for school, the teacher die or u dey skip maths classes undecided

no bank gives u a rate in months. its always in years. now; shut up and listen. 8 pecent of 30m is 2.4m. that 2.4m is for the whole year. to get the amount for 3months, divide by 12 and multiply by 3.
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by Delafruita(m): 1:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
FXKing2012:
Carry me along as you move ooo
you interested in a partnership-acquisition?
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by FXKing2012(m): 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
Delafruita:
you interested in a partnership-acquisition?
yes I am...tell me more.
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by favinvest: 4:27pm On Feb 25, 2013
I made mine via buying a land in ikotun surb for abt 1.2M put a small foundation for a BQ with abt 1M btw 2009-2012 and just sold it for 3.5M last month.
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by chiboy11(m): 6:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
favinvest: I made mine via buying a land in ikotun surb for abt 1.2M put a small foundation for a BQ with abt 1M btw 2009-2012 and just sold it for 3.5M last month.
dats gud bro, I want 2 buy a land too at isolo 950k ,I tink I wil folow dis ur foot step but am just scared of land doblers
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by favinvest: 8:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
@chiboy11

One secret I used to keep the land was to go through someone who knew the head of the omonile very well. With dat no omonile will touch ur land. But don't forget to drop something with d guy ooo. Also go through a well know lawyer
Re: How I Made My First Million Naira/dollars/pounds/euros... by staaan(m): 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2013
Delafruita:
Good to know ur biz is thriveing. I am a real estate consultant myself but based in Ibadan and wouldnt mind sharing methords. Let me know your thoughts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Automatic Liquid Packaging Machine (pure Water Machine) / Ogun State Goverment / Bank Of Industry BOI Matching Loan Scheme / Nigeria To Establish A Development Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.