Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,414 members, 7,800,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? (1614 Views)

Why Do Christians Oppose The Devil Without Hearing His Side Of The Story? / Why Do Christians Pray Aggressively & Shout Louder Amen At The Mention Of Money? / Why Do Christians Close Eyes While Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:32pm On Jul 26, 2012
Why do christians run away when confronted with real questions about their religion is it a part of their beliefes

this is especially true among Nigerian christians. i wonder why?

[img]http://2.bp..com/_3I6eIowAe7I/TOwf9SqCbgI/AAAAAAAAA5E/8HewFPFkPek/s1600/Reciker%252C+Robert%252C+Gay-Jesus-bible.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by okeyxyz(m): 12:30am On Jul 27, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
Why do christians run away when confronted with real questions about their religion is it a part of their beliefes

Your statements don't make any sense whatsoever. Be more specific.
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Nobody: 4:42am On Jul 27, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

chicken out ke? Why? Perhaps because we have other lives that dont revolve around acting as costumer service reps for the incessant and oft recycled questions from ignorant bloviators aka atheists.
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Fulaman198(m): 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
Why did you have to post a picture of a gay person? Don't you think you are insulting Christians?
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Logicbwoy: 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fulaman198: Why did you have to post a picture of a gay person? Don't you think you are insulting Christians?

Christianity is not the only religion. There are other religions that are cool with gay people.
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Logicbwoy: 6:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
davidylan:

chicken out ke? Why? Perhaps because we have other lives that dont revolve around acting as costumer service reps for the incessant and oft recycled questions from ignorant bloviators aka atheists.

Abeg, dont be disingenuous here. Most christians would avoid the topic of gay relationships and other tough issues in the bible eg slavery, genocide etc
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Fulaman198(m): 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Christianity is not the only religion. There are other religions that are cool with gay people.

To be honest, most Monotheistic religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism) frown upon homosexuality. It is an abomination to those religions. However, as individuals we should be open to everyone as the Qu'ran, Torah and Bible says we should be tolerant of others even if they do what we do not believe in.

There are many people out there who have sex with many women and do not wait before marriage to do sexual acts, it is hypocritical when these same people frown upon Gays/Lesbians.
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Logicbwoy: 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fulaman198:

To be honest, most Monotheistic religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism) frown upon homosexuality. It is an abomination to those religions. However, as individuals we should be open to everyone as the Qu'ran, Torah and Bible says we should be tolerant of others even if they do what we do not believe in.

There are many people out there who have sex with many women and do not wait before marriage to do sexual acts, it is hypocritical when these same people frown upon Gays/Lesbians.

Agreed
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Fulaman198(m): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Agreed

I like how Nairaland editor changed my "There are many people out there "who have se x with many women"" to "There are many people out there who Be Intimate with many women"
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
Fulaman198:

Religions that you mention, dearest friend, just are characterized by hypocrisy, segregation and slavery support of the majority of the faithful.
No matter what they say the Bible, the Torah or the Koran.
What matters are the actions.
Ironically, right? But imagine a black, demanding their inalienable right to equality, and hating homosexuals!
Or vice versa ...
That's what led us religious fanaticism.
Inherited curse of the slave ...
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
okeyxyz:
Your statements don't make any sense whatsoever. Be more specific.

ok. let me demonstrate a live example. why do christians deny the theory of evolution when it has already been proven beyond reason that evolution took place. we share 99% of our DNA with Chimpanzee. Infact, they even look like us to an extent. and some behaviour is very similrar to ours including the fact that they hunt with minor weapons and tools such as sticks and stones. how can you deny that dinosarus exist when we have all those bones in the museum. where do you think all the petroleum that use for your cars come from how can you say that the world was jus tcreated in 6 days and all us animals, plants and humans where just dropped onto this Eart like that

davidylan:

but that is exactly what you proselytising christians and missonaries are! religious advertising reps. and the reason why they keep pestering you is because you never have a proper reply to their questions. you always either give off-topic answers or just run away. let me show you an example:

discussion between a Pagan and a chritian -

Pagan: why does the bible say that the Earth is flat?

christian: and thou shall know thy flatness from jesus christ's grace, our lord saviour.

Fulaman198: Why did you have to post a picture of a gay person? Don't you think you are insulting Christians?

because it illustrates the current religious situation of Nigeria. the black man blindly kissing jesus. and why shouldnt i nnsult a religion that has made a mockery of mine and brought down my nation and it people to its knees. oh YES I WILL! angry
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by proo212(m): 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2012
PAGAN 9JA,

The theory of evolution hasn't been proven beyond reasonable doubt. All the time, there is always a missing link that is found. Could this be the missing link, could that be the missing link. If it was proven beyond doubt there will be no missing links.

If we evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have them? What are we evolving to? How can we measure how far we have evolved?
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Fulaman198(m): 12:22am On Jul 28, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Religions that you mention, dearest friend, just are characterized by hypocrisy, segregation and slavery support of the majority of the faithful.
No matter what they say the Bible, the Torah or the Koran.
What matters are the actions.
Ironically, right? But imagine a black, demanding their inalienable right to equality, and hating homosexuals!
Or vice versa ...
That's what led us religious fanaticism.
Inherited curse of the slave ...

Hmm, you make a lot of sense and I agree with you to a certain extent. I just don't believe people truly follow their religions the way they are supposed to, otherwise we would not have all this nonsense we have today in the world.
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
proo212: PAGAN 9JA,

The theory of evolution hasn't been proven beyond reasonable doubt. All the time, there is always a missing link that is found. Could this be the missing link, could that be the missing link. If it was proven beyond doubt there will be no missing links.

If we evolved from monkeys and apes, why do we still have them? What are we evolving to? How can we measure how far we have evolved?

because the apes we evolved from are not the same ones that exist today. they looked different and behaved different and had different characteristics. it is just that todays monkey and we share common ancestry from an extinct species.
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by proo212(m): 6:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
And how do we know that the apes are different? Do they have different DNA? How do we know they are different? Did the apes we evolved from leave any clue to say they are different to the apes of today or even us. Prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that this soo
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
proo212: And how do we know that the apes are different? Do they have different DNA? How do we know they are different? Did the apes we evolved from leave any clue to say they are different to the apes of today or even us. Prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that this soo

ofcourse i am not a scientist as is implied from my amateurish post. but ofcourse i can give you pictures:

for example, this is the skeleton of Homo Habilis, an early anccestor:

there are many such skeletons discovered of extinct ancestors with similar DNA chain.
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:23am On Jul 29, 2012
That is because they always fantasize themselves being on the pulpit and preaching whenever they come in here, so they expect everybody to accept whatever comes out of their heads without question or any other form of intellectual resistance. You know, like the way it happens in places of worship. If that doesn't happen they curse with hell and run away 'cos they and everything else they stand for have just been rejected. That can deeply hurt.
PAGAN 9JA:

[img]http://2.bp..com/_3I6eIowAe7I/TOwf9SqCbgI/AAAAAAAAA5E/8HewFPFkPek/s1600/Reciker%252C+Robert%252C+Gay-Jesus-bible.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2012
Okay. Just wondering. Doesn't that white guy in the photo look like the white man's Jesus? Just asking o.
PAGAN 9JA:

Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by proo212(m): 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
So how old is this early ancestor?
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
Jenwitemi: Okay. Just wondering. Doesn't that white guy in the photo look like the white man's Jesus? Just asking o.

yes lol. grin

proo212: So how old is this early ancestor?

Homo Habilis is a species of the genus Homo, which lived from approximately 2.33 to 1.4 million years ago, during the Gelasian Pleistocene period. If you d oa reconstruction, he was supposed to look something like this:

Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by proo212(m): 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
Hehehe, after that what did he look like? This guy is not different from the apes in the dark forest of Congo but it/he lives approx. 2 million years ago. For the sake of argument, what did this guy eat? Meat or plants?
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
proo212: Hehehe, after that what did he look like? This guy is not different from the apes in the dark forest of Congo but it/he lives approx. 2 million years ago. For the sake of argument, what did this guy eat? Meat or plants?

dont call him guy. treat the memory of ancestors with respect. he might have been yours too. angry

the early humans mainly ate roots, Plants, bulbs, etc., which is why we have well developed molars and extremely weak canines unlike other carnivores or omnivores for that matter. also have you wver wondered about your wisdom tooth which appears at around the age of 17. today doctors generally remove it because it has no real use and casues muchpain in many people. This tooth is LIVING PROOF of our herbivorous past when we had large jaws to accomodate it.

infact the human body is never supposed to be carnivorous and eat meat. no wonder all the vaarious health problems we have today. Many people around the world, even today, are 100 % vegetarian.

man probably begin to really relish meat, after the discovery of fire and cooking on it.
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Abeg, dont be disingenuous here. Most christians would avoid the topic of gay relationships and other tough issues in the bible eg slavery, genocide etc

Daft and dishonest... have you done a search of topics here in the last 3-4 yrs? I remember one long thread discussing gay rights indepth just a few yrs ago that ran well into 20 pages. Stop bleating about what you dont know... makes you look lazy.
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

ofcourse i am not a scientist as is implied from my amateurish post. but ofcourse i can give you pictures:

for example, this is the skeleton of Homo Habilis, an early anccestor:
there are many such skeletons discovered of extinct ancestors with similar DNA chain.

and those pictures say? You have no idea what you are talking about but you're just posting pictures... all of which you cannot verify their validity beyond what you plagiarized from some irrelevant website? And they say christians are the illogical liars?
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

because the apes we evolved from are not the same ones that exist today. they looked different and behaved different and had different characteristics. it is just that todays monkey and we share common ancestry from an extinct species.

and you know this is for a fact how? Oh wait you're going to tell me some scientist said so and therefore it must be true right?
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

but that is exactly what you proselytising christians and missonaries are! religious advertising reps. and the reason why they keep pestering you is because you never have a proper reply to their questions. you always either give off-topic answers or just run away. let me show you an example:

discussion between a Pagan and a chritian -

Pagan: why does the bible say that the Earth is flat?

christian: and thou shall know thy flatness from jesus christ's grace, our lord saviour.

Senseless response. You're guilty of the same thing. This thread is an example of atheist proselytizing... you're simply regurgitating nonsense you skimmed off a pro-atheist webpage with no regard for facts then trying to force it down our throats.

See the "example" you use to describe the illogicality of the christian... how is this different from your own response to a logical question such as:

proo212: And how do we know that the apes are different? Do they have different DNA? How do we know they are different? Did the apes we evolved from leave any clue to say they are different to the apes of today or even us. Prove to me beyond reasonable doubt that this soo

PAGAN 9JA: ofcourse i am not a scientist as is implied from my amateurish post. but ofcourse i can give you pictures:

Huh? Where in your answer was proo212's direct questions answered? and you have the nerve to accuse the christian of pettifogging?
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Logicbwoy: 11:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
davidylan:

Daft and dishonest... have you done a search of topics here in the last 3-4 yrs? I remember one long thread discussing gay rights indepth just a few yrs ago that ran well into 20 pages. Stop bleating about what you dont know... makes you look lazy.

A few years ago? Did gay people die this year?

Daviddylar cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ? by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 31, 2012
Logicbwoy:

A few years ago? Did gay people die this year?

Daviddylar cool cool cool cool cool

huh? you ok?

(1) (Reply)

Why I Hate Frosbel / Wukari In Taraba State Is Now On 24hours Curfew / Warning: Nobody Has Ever Been Healed Of Hiv At Scoan ( Emmanuel TV )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.