Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,615 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? (10731 Views)

Other Ways To Sustain A Beautiful Relationship(marraiges) Apart From Shagging / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / Top 10 Tips To Sustain Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by kay4kelvin(m): 12:31pm On Dec 12, 2007
Hii House members

Have u ever asked why is difficult to get true love when u re no body.Assuming u walking up to a girl and she asked u and after telling all u wishes,she asked u,u graduated from bla bla bla ,with grade bla bla bla, and when it comes to When where u de Wok?still searching,automatically her sense of security about you has reduced by a certain %.

How Much Can A Man Earn In Nigeria That Can Sustain A Marriage Averagely

Every girl wants already made, I once made a girl who works with the bank, de first question she asked me was the kind of car I use, then I was working and managing with an IT firm in lagos, She asked me How much am paid,BIG QUESTION.

How could one overcome this whole thing?
Is it beta to get a serious girl before a good job
Can sumone marry without good mony
like how much , can a man earn that can sustain him during marriage
How does man overcome the syndrome of no mony no marriage
How does a woman see a man who does not have a job at the moment
Y does every woman want already made no one wants to suffer with the man
If u meet a working class she thinks u re cuming for her mony
This world is a world of mystery especially our country Nigeria
Nigeria girls re wonderful

am really waiting for the answers to my questions ,I want to act on it

Engr kevin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by emmaemma2: 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2007
kay4kelvin, am not married yet, but what i actually see in what you have said is the environment you are in write now i mean the kind of girls you met.
personnaly i do not think any girl in her write sences would think is what the man earn that will feed the family but by his grace.
likewise myself self am being face with a challenge that i earn more than my wife to be but the place where she is working is quite intemidating but what can i do it is just for me to perform what i fill is write and let her use her mind to to choose what she fill she need.
cheers, be yourself is the major thing here.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by emelumgini(f): 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2007
WOW BIG QUESTION, It depends on individual shaa. cool
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by focused(m): 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2007
Hello Engr Kevin,

You will agree with me that money is very important, you need it to do whatever you want to do. So the first step before going into marriage is to get a good job or engage in a fruitful business.

How much you need, depends on the type of life style you want or the type of life style you and your spouse have agree upon.

Have u ever asked why is difficult to get true love when u re no body.Assuming u walking up to a girl and she asked u and after telling all u wishes,she asked u,u graduated from bla bla bla ,with grade bla bla bla, and when it comes to When where u de Wok?still searching,automatically her sense of security about you has reduced by a certain %.

Yes you can find true love, but before talking about marriage, why not sort out yourself first. Will you blame them if they run away from a man who have no job, obviously no one wants to suffer. The answer is: Yes you can find true love, but try and be yourselves and tell them the truth right from the start.
The girl who will love you for who you are will surely love you. Remember the true worth of a virtuous woman is not how pretty she is or how sexy she is, but her inner qualities.

How Much Can A Man Earn In Nigeria That Can Sustain A Marriage Averagely

It depends

Every girl wants already made, I once made a girl who works with the bank, de first question she asked me was the kind of car I use, then I was working and managing with an IT firm in lagos, She asked me How much am paid,BIG QUESTION.

Any girl who ask questions such as :

What type of car do you use ?

How much do you earn ?

How many houses do you have ?

How much do you have in your bank account ?

Are you a senator or the president's son ?

or who demands very expensive things is nothing but a gold digger, because if what she wants is no longer there, she will run away or the marriage will begin to experience serious problems. BEWARE OF SUCH GIRLS . RUN AWAY VERY FAST FROM GIRLS LIKE THAT. PEOPLE LIKE THAT ARE NOTHING BUT SATANIC LIABILITIES.

How could one overcome this whole thing?
 Is it beta to get a serious girl before a good job
 Can sumone marry without good mony
 like how much , can a man earn that can sustain him during marriage
 How does man overcome the syndrome of no mony no marriage
 How does a woman see a man who does not have a job at the moment
 Y does every woman want already made no one wants to suffer with the man
 If u meet a working class she thinks u re cuming for her mony
 This world is a world of mystery especially our country Nigeria
 Nigeria girls re wonderful

Just as shoe have varying sizes, so do girls have what they want in a man. All these so called high class girls are nothing but terrible liabilities. Common there are lots of girls every where. In order to substain a marriage both of you must earn at least 200,000 naira or more depending on the type of life style you want to live.

Women wants a man who can take care of them, so if you have no job, it sends a message that you cannot take care of them and they are must likely to run away from you.

My own advise is :

Whenever you meet a woman, just be yourself. What you know you cannot do, please don't say you can do it. If she runs away because you told her the truth, you know she is not for you. Meanwhile concentrate on yourself, your success is very important, if you are successful they will run after you, not you running after them.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Goshen360(m): 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2007
hi,

Just a lovely question and exactly what am passing thru here in lagos. In a general view, i think a man if earning btw 30 to 50 thounsand naira should be able to manage an average woman and keep a home.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Lola4eva(f): 1:11pm On Dec 12, 2007
First thing ill say is that not all girls seek ready made guys, personally i like guys that are very ambitious, u might not necessarily have money but if uve got that drive, intelligence and ambition ill definitely find you attractive and wuldnt mind going into a relationship with you, the reason some girls ask those questions ( thou most ask for material reasons) is cos they need to find out if the guy in question is intellectually ok, and has a reasonable enuff job to sustain them if they eventually get married. If ure unemployed but can prove to a lady that ure smart and uve got ambition and ull certainly make it soon, i see no reason why she shouldn't dig you.

As for the getting married if uve got no money, i would advise against it. Personally i think a man should earn a steady income of say a minimum of about a million yearly to sustain a marriage considering he'll be paying bills like house rent, nepa, hospital bills (when d wife takes in) and so on.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by 3d(m): 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2007
at least 1 million naira, per annum,

or no marraige
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by 3d(m): 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2007
@focused
or who demands very expensive things is nothing but a gold digger, because if what she wants is no longer there, she will run away or the marriage will begin to experience serious problems. BEWARE OF SUCH GIRLS . RUN AWAY VERY FAST FROM GIRLS LIKE THAT. PEOPLE LIKE THAT ARE NOTHING BUT SATANIC LIABILITIES.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

i agree, money shouldnt be the first thing. but remmember ladies wil be ladies, asking dont mean she is a gold digger, there has to be money to secure your home,
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by BillGatesFan(m): 1:43pm On Dec 12, 2007
Q man can only find true love when he is nobody,meaning when he has nothing yet,like cars,houses,good job,only then can a man find the GOD destiny wife for himself, if she stay with you then she is yours and no millionaire can take her away from you, but once your rich already made,you can find true love anymore because ladies will just be coming for your wealth,where were they when you were nobody? thats why it is very good to mentain and marry the lady that stands by you when you where nobody.

Some men will abandone their God giving love once they are rich and marry a GOLD Digger,this is very bad,it hurts and breaks the ladies heart.

So kevin,now that your nobody yet you have 100% chance of getting a real,marriage type lady as a wife,noty when you are mr wealthy. grin grin grin

Even if you earn 20,000 Naira a month your real wife will support and stay with you,but if you married Jezebel even if you gave her 1,000.000 naira a month she wilm still go and Bleep around in the neighbourhood,even sleeping with your best friends a,d your gateman.

Women are very unpredictable,but real love you will find only when you are still poor.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by kay4kelvin(m): 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2007
Lola
 I must say am impressed with ur reply,u sound very reasonable and inteligent.

My post was a true life situation and ur eply made so much sense to me.

Can I have ur email address for further interaction

Engr kelvin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by qeemus: 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2007
haba engineer, what form of interaction undecided
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by dejiavu(m): 2:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
i reserve my comment 4 now. A GOOD TOPIC
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Lola4eva(f): 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmm engineer kelvin, interaction as in how?
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by kemisuga(f): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2007
INTERESTING TOPIC

@ Focused - good explanation

@ Lola - brilliant reply cool cool cool

Cheers grin grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Uzzyan: 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
Thiink that if a man has prospects and is educated that is the basis for a solid relationship. Dont need a Bill Gates for a husband cos he would tell u that u didnt work for what u are enjoying. My parents wereboth teachers be4 pople were askin my mom y she decided to marry him. Now that popsi has made it big cos his prospects they all want to call him and ask him his whereabout.
So u see it is not all for the money
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Zequisha(f): 3:17pm On Dec 12, 2007
Nice thread. We all are human's and it so happens that our greatest fear is INSECURITY. A man does'nt need to have all the money in the world before he can go for a woman. What really matters is his ability to provide those basic things of life and also have a plan for the future- like planinng for the kids and all that. A man who is not financially stable (in and out of job) has little or no plan for the future due to some limitating factors. Few women would stand by such men and wait for better days to come especially those who feel that they are due for marriage.

On the other hand, any woman who is approached by a guy and she starts asking such questions like the kind of ride, if he has a house etc is nothing but a selfish/greedy person and would not hesitate to leave such a man when the going goes bad. Chau!! wink wink wink
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by kay4kelvin(m): 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2007
Lola
Is not what u think ok,Nairaland is a forum to know people and interact reasonably while contributing our quota to topics of variable interest, and if someone wishes to know you, I do not think is a bad idea.It is only dependent on what u think or ur own interpretation to live ,besides we re all adult.

I mean no harm and if does not please u,no skin pain

Engr Kelvin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Osibisa(m): 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2007
I believe if a man gets a woman who loves him for who he is, i mean true love, what do the man expects in a woman again he shud go ahead.presently am still an applicant but my babe who works in one of our new generation banks loves me irrespective of people who come decieving her.she takes me the way she sees me.dats wen she notice some stuffs u r made up of. i am not doubtful i believe such girls are real and can be found.also being open to ur girl from the word go matters alot in every relationships.all am saying is dat u dnt need much but as time goes on u see things for urself
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Carlosein(m): 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2007
i think a man should be able to take care of the basic necessities of his family at all times.
how much exactly will depend on the kind of standard of living they have in mind.

Osibisa:

I believe if a man gets a woman who loves him for who he is, i mean true love, what do the man expects in a woman again he should go ahead.presently am still an applicant but my babe who works in one of our new generation banks loves me irrespective of people who come decieving her.she takes me the way she sees me.that is when she notice some stuffs you're made up of. i am not doubtful i believe such girls are real and can be found.also being open to your girl from the word go matters alot in every relationships.all am saying is that u dnt need much but as time goes on u see things for yourself

the watch word is be open and candid and avoid the gold diggers while making sure you are not one yourself.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by BekinableG(m): 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Engr Kelvin
u don turn to another thing else now oooooo,
hei hei Engr him self haaaaaaaa hhaaaaaa !!!!!!
is clear where u are going
full stop.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by 3d(m): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2007
when a girl says hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! and engineer kelvin explains

i say haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa he don happen,
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by jintujinta(m): 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2007
I dont think it is a matter of how much. It is more of how convenient or comfortable should a man be before getting married. You need a good job that can feed you, cloth you, shelter you and provide some basic comforts of life. Your taste will determine what you consider as convenient or comfortable for you. The kind of babe you want to marry will also influence how comfortable you should be before marrying her. You also want to consider the kind of nursery and primary school or creche you want to put your children.

But dont forget that your income will be increasing as you climb the ladder of your career. That is why you need a good career before you marry.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by kilasos(f): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2007
Like a previous poster rightly stressed,It is not about how much you earn now but what your aspirations are.
I would never ask a guy what car he drives,thats just materialistic
I would prefer a guy that has goals,ambitions and drive. as opposed to the one that has alot of money now with no future plans.

That said,we have to be real,A guy that is not too comfortable now would struggle to start a family now,except he has a supporting partner that is quite stable.
If he is not in a hurry to start a family immediately i do not see why money issues come in.

PS-Money answereth a few things grin grin cheesy
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by ifyalways(f): 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2007
there are guys that earn 100k monthy and yet cant take care of themselves muchless a wife.i really think the HOW much you earn is the most important issue.you as a guy what r:

your ambitions and aspirations in life?are you there already?
what are your future plans?how long wud it take you to get there?
what are your wants and needs?which comes first?
your present income,how do you spend it?do you have any allocation for the future or living from hand to mouth?

i believe if any human being(both sexes) get those things right and marry the right partner too,they wud be able to stay together,regardless of how much they earn.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by tupix(m): 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2007
Mostly in Nigeria
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Kashif(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
If the ladies on this thread represent the opinion of our ladies then, i am begining to see hope in a state of near hopelessness.

Peace to all!
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by TerrySoft(m): 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2007
I don't have a glimpse but i think money isn't all that sustains a marriage. If it were, then there should be no divorce and broken homes among the wealthy.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:54pm On Dec 12, 2007
If she can cook: about $80,000 per month (without any kid); $100,000 per month (with no more than two kids).

If she can't cook: about $110,000 per month (without any kid); $150,000 per month (with no more than two kids).

These estimates are for the Lagos metropolis.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by omoge(f): 8:14pm On Dec 12, 2007
80k for food for hubby and wifey?

mo gbe!! shocked grin

RichyBlacK:

If she can cook: about $80,000 per month (without any kid); $100,000 per month (with no more than two kids).
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by bimbliss(f): 9:10pm On Dec 12, 2007
well let me speak 4 myself: can date a guy who does not have a job yet so far he does not have the mentality that money is everything. then he must show that he is intelligent, hardworking, can produce meaningful results, well brought up and disciplined, likes to read real books believes that the power to make wealth lies in him trusting God and he is open to corrections, loving and romantic bet u he can never have problem dating a lady that will turn his live around for good and impact him positively.

well going by the cost of living in this country u will need about 30,000 minimum to run the house monthly, u will pay yearly rent of say about 300,000 for somewhere in abuja for either 1 or 2 bedroom flat depending on the location, u will fuel ur car and leave about 20,000 minimum for miscellaneous expenses and outings, so check out the average amount required to sustain u. but this will keep increasing over time becos of the law of insatiable wants so u will have to also make room for such expenses but have to be disciplined in spending so that the family can have savings.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by ST3V3(m): 9:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
Before marriage, a man should have an academic qualification as well as basic fundamentals. His academic qualification = prospects which guarantees the future of the marriage.

I do not think it is a sin to get married when u're not yet made, but i feel its a sin to start a family subjected to starvation and poverty.

What i mean by basic fundamentals:
1) Basic household electronics. eg, TV, fridge, cooker. These are essential items for every household. Brand is what makes it luxury. (CRT, LCD,TFT screen OR HDTV, buy what u can afford!
2) Transport, this to me is necessary for day to day activities. work, taking kids to school, e.t.c  You don't have to start with a jeep, a reliable small car will do.
3) Accommodation, a habitable place you can put a wife not your pet.
4) Employment, be in full time employment, or own your own business with back up plans, or at least a long term contract employment, with wages enough to cater for two without borrowing.

Love = care, if you love someone you want to be able to care for them.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by WarfyBoy(m): 12:32am On Dec 13, 2007
if na because of moni she wan marry me, so she shld 4get it, n go to blazes 4 all i care, if u as a to be wife, if u r not confortable, i mean, if you dont hav means of survival, me no go even near u 4 anytin, i kno dey 4 monkey work, baboo chop, i go sufa work finish, u go kom dey sit-down say u b 1 kin house wife, u go kom dey fat 4 my house, y me dey lean, GOd forbid!!!!, na only mumu men dey marry such house wives these days, men wey wan get hypertension quick quick, na dem dey marry such pipo, if i m wokin, so also my wife.

no cheatin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins / Please Help! My GOTV Is Starting And Restarting, Customer Care Not Reachable. / Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.