Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,452 members, 7,801,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram (11714 Views)

105 Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Fierce Gun Battle With Boko Haram / Igbo Appeal To Lagos Govt, Police To Protect Them After Elections / Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by youngies(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2012
Presidential Candidate for the Congress for Progressive Change in the 2011 elections, Maj-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has asked the Federal Government to empower the police to deal with the Boko Haram insurgency.

Buhari spoke on the sidelines of the presentation of a book titled, ‘How I governed Anambra State: Stewardship & Accountability’ in Abuja, on Thursday.

The book was written by a former governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju.

Also at this event, an All Nigeria Peoples Party stalwart, Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezife, said Nigeria and Nigerians had become unpopular because “we have killed our conscience.”

[b]Buhari said, “The bombings have subsided. It’s up to the law enforcement agents. This is probably the problem of the police. You know, they (Police and SSS) have to secure the country. Constitutionally it’s their job

“Boko Haram as I said, I would rather that the police should be empowered.

“It’s the police that live with the people- they know in every police command- the neighborhood and so on. A lot of the responsibility I think should go to the police.”

[/b]The one time military dictator also decried the poor state of the nation’s education system.

Buhari said, “Our education has virtually collapsed. How many libraries do we have in the states not to talk about the local governments? People can’t afford to buy books.

“Education has deteriorated. If you look around the country, how many people are getting good credits in English language which is the official (language) in the country?”

Buhari commended the author for taking off time to put his experiences in writing.

He, however, disagreed with the author’s postulations that our problems lie with followership and not the leadership

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/2088-empower-police-to-deal-with-boko-haram--buhari
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by Mcdondayan: 8:44am On Jul 27, 2012
only if God will forgive you 4 d innocent lives u have wasted in the past 1year and 4 months. VAMPIRE!!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 27, 2012
Buhari! Buhari!! Buhari!!! How many times I call you so ? Call your Boko Boys to order. You said the bombing has reduced but you forget that the boys are on fasting.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by economia: 9:54am On Jul 27, 2012
Mcdondayan: only if God will forgive you 4 d innocent lives u have wasted in the past 1year and 4 months. VAMPIRE!!!
i put it to you that if u have evidence of Gen. Buhari colaboration with bh put it up.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by nagoma(m): 9:54am On Jul 27, 2012
Mcdondayan: only if God will forgive you 4 d innocent lives u have wasted in the past 1year and 4 months. VAMPIRE!!!

You are obviously one of the 40 laptop crew. Buhari is telling the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by ifihearam: 9:55am On Jul 27, 2012
May the allah u worship punish you and your devilish generation,fool,idiot,empower which police??is that a way of discouraging those you initiated into that bllod thirsty fold??may you not die well.thesame police you have infiltrated abi?? Man winsh.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by ifihearam: 9:56am On Jul 27, 2012
economia: i put it to you that if u have evidence of Gen. Buhari colaboration with bh put it up.
Just shut up there small man winsh like buhari
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by ifihearam: 9:58am On Jul 27, 2012
nagoma:

You are obviously one of the 40 laptop crew. Buhari is telling the truth.

Why will he not say the truth when these terrorists have brain washed you. Winsh

1 Like

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by lafuria1(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2012
Lol, some people have no prblm insultin buhari but wen gej is insulted they go mad.
Buhari has spoken the truth, it is time for d police and govt to act now before those bastar.ds resume duty but of course typical naija policemen are now relaxed and sleepin, pretendin problem solved.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by ifihearam: 10:02am On Jul 27, 2012
Which truth?
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by miteolu(m): 10:02am On Jul 27, 2012
Qui paiera pour la protection animale?
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by Sirniyeh(m): 10:03am On Jul 27, 2012
A true Nigerian will not publish a book to profess that Nigeria's problem does not lie in leadership but followership. That comment alone depicts the book to be a bunch of lies. A leader is saying the followers are the problem and followers are also saying leaders are the problem. Now lets judge. Who loots public treasury, leader or follower? In fact, I think I support Buhari for not hiding his feelings publicly by denouncing such barbaric assertions of the author. He is a brave man, i think such person can handle naija without fear of anybdy.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by strangest(m): 10:08am On Jul 27, 2012
Buhari should realize that idiagbo is no more and that there is nothing he(Buhari) can do at this moment. He just have to accept defeat and call his boys to order. The truth hurts I know.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2012
When buhari speaks,I get really scared! U can't really predict his mind.hmmm!

1 Like

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by chuks49(m): 10:09am On Jul 27, 2012
Blood thirsty "Dogs and Baboons"
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by Pataki: 10:10am On Jul 27, 2012
ifihearam: May the allah u worship punish you and your devilish generation,fool,idiot,empower which police??is that a way of discouraging those you initiated into that bllod thirsty fold??may you not die well.thesame police you have infiltrated abi?? Man winsh.

Typical sycophant. Nothing of intellectual substance in the brain other than insults. Here is Buhari proferring solutions for your president retardeen to use.

Gross mumu like you, have nothing to say other than insult him. How many times have we said this, if you disgusting shameless individuals have any proof against Buhari, why has your Retardeen of a president not arrested him?

Of course if the government provided good libraries, we would not be punished online to be reading infantile insults from poorly educated being like you.

13 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2012
ifihearam:

Bring up evidence or forever remain an asslicker

9 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 10:13am On Jul 27, 2012
ifihearam:

Why will he not say the truth when these terrorists have brain washed you. Winsh

Asslicker, you are already cursed without being cursed.
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2012
Sirniyeh: A true Nigerian will not publish a book to profess that Nigeria's problem does not lie in leadership but followership. That comment alone depicts the book to be a bunch of lies. A leader is saying the followers are the problem and followers are also saying leaders are the problem. Now lets judge. Who loots public treasury, leader or follower? In fact, I think I support Buhari for not hiding his feelings publicly by denouncing such barbaric assertions of the author. He is a brave man, i think such person can handle naija without fear of anybdy.

That was why he disagreed with the author about that point, he's always forward and straight to the point.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 10:15am On Jul 27, 2012
strangest: Buhari should realize that idiagbo is no more and that there is nothing he(Buhari) can do at this moment. He just have to accept defeat and call his boys to order. The truth hurts I know.

Hehehe, in your mind now, you have made sense o.

1 Like

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 10:17am On Jul 27, 2012
berem: When buhari speaks,I get really scared! U can't really predict his mind.hmmm!

Do you have anything to hide? only a criminal gets uneasy when he or she hears the sound of a siren.

1 Like

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 10:17am On Jul 27, 2012
la furia: Lol, some people have no prblm insultin buhari but wen gej is insulted they go mad.
Buhari has spoken the truth, it is time for d police and govt to act now before those bastar.ds resume duty but of course typical naija policemen are now relaxed and sleepin, pretendin problem solved.

You dey mind the animals who feeds from people's sweats and sufferings?

1 Like

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by idirect(m): 10:22am On Jul 27, 2012
You care to explain how exactly he wasted their life
If you can't then I hope God forgive you of assassinating someone character
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by idirect(m): 10:27am On Jul 27, 2012
la furia: Lol, some people have no prblm insultin buhari but wen gej is insulted they go mad.

They are hypocrite
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by jamace(m): 10:28am On Jul 27, 2012
If the author of that book actually said that the problem of this country is that of follower-ship and not leadership, I will conclude that he is a criminal trying to use the book to gain political favour from the vampires in power. I rest my case.
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by festusfeezy(m): 10:29am On Jul 27, 2012
tank God, atleast 4 d first tym, buhari is advising d president. But y now dat his boys re on fasting.....eeeeeh! So u wan strategise sheee? :Ptank God, atleast 4 d first tym, buhari is advising d president. But y now dat his boys re on fasting.....eeeeeh! So u wan strategise sheee?
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by mufc009(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2012
honeric01:

Bring up evidence or forever remain an asslicker
Asslicker till jesus come

1 Like

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by alaoeri: 10:35am On Jul 27, 2012
Don't know why some ppl reason that anything coming from buhari is rubbish let's put our sentiment aside & reason uprightly, u may hate buhari but what he said here is onpoint.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by Jakumo(m): 10:35am On Jul 27, 2012
There is no cause for alarm. All who die during Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden's Boko Haram terror bombing campaign will have not have died in vain, since their souls will be evaluated to determine how many virgins get assigned to the suicide bombers who killed them for virgin-credits in paradise.

While it is true that both dogs and baboons are equally ugly, baboons will always be more equal than dogs, in accordance with the Universal Laws of Karma.
Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by tantan: 10:36am On Jul 27, 2012
some people in nairaland reason with thier Nyash. Buhari said nothing but a solution to this menace but some buffoons are there typing rubbish with their evil fingers. they just dont like the GENERAL.And let me tell u, HE WILL HAVE MY VOTE ANY TIME HE IS CONTESTING. YES!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by taharqa: 10:36am On Jul 27, 2012
Wot is Buhari doing wit Chinwoke Mbadinuju,d former gov of Anambra who stole d state dry nd almost ruined it. Last wk, he was wit Hassan Lawal, d formal PDP stalwart nd Minister of Works who is currently in court facing corruptn charges, bt now a top memba of CPC nd one of those dat deliverd Nassarawa to CPC. D Gen shld plz choose his friends discretly....oh by d way, was it nt Gen Buhari who also said dat Gen Sani Abacha was NOT corrupt sm time ago?(these sorts of things mk 4 sm confusing)

1 Like

Re: Buhari- Empower Police To Deal With Boko Haram by Balyz: 10:37am On Jul 27, 2012
ifihearam:
No you shut up. Cant you reason without sentiment for once in your life?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Begins On Oct 13 / Utomi Is A Failed Technocrat - Sam Chibueze / Oyebanji: Ekiti Tribunal Judgement Is To God’s Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.