Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Women's Submission Vs Men's Love - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women's Submission Vs Men's Love (13161 Views)

JUST A THOUGHT - WOMEN AND EMOTIONS VS MEN!?! / Guys Vs Men / Women Vs Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Decryptor(m): 1:31am On Jul 28, 2012
brightmon: .
This is the best comment ever
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by nyameke: 1:32am On Jul 28, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

yes of course!...why?

simply because as you have stated...

if I feel the connection that is all I need.
If I know he has my back, there is nothing under the sun I would not do for him

nor make me leave the relationship unless HE messes up or it doesn't work out.
good comment at bolded.. Wussies take note .. From my experience and others i have realised that most women would do that and more when involved with a Real MAN and not boys pretending to be men..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by nyameke: 1:35am On Jul 28, 2012
jason123:

You could not have said it better. Your husband is very lucky!!!
lol I'm a dude son
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Decryptor(m): 1:36am On Jul 28, 2012
To me, i believe both are reciprocal. I'll start by loving my woman and so i expect her to submit to me. If she refuses to play her own part, then i'll withdraw both my luv and my d.i.c.kk and give both of them to someone else who is willing to play ball
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by nyameke: 2:01am On Jul 28, 2012
Decryptor: To me, i believe both are reciprocal. I'll start by loving my woman and so i expect her to submit to me. If she refuses to play her own part, then i'll withdraw both my luv and my d.i.c.kk and give both of them to someone else who is willing to play ball
You expect her to submit? That's wrong thinking son. This thinking is why people have so many relationship problems..Your love would not be true love in the first place if you give it based on a condition. That's fake love. It's like giving a gift and expecting something in return. Or like buying a woman a drink in the club and expecting her to follow you home and when she doesn't you get all upset. Not smart is it ?

Do your part and let nature handle the rest. A woman will naturally submit to a real man not out of expectation or coercion but love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by MSabir: 4:41am On Jul 28, 2012
ebamma: before you expect your wife to submit to you,you have to make sure that you are paying the bills,if she is the one paying the bills in the family,don't expect her to submit herself to you.
it doesnt mater wethr u r payng bils or nt. As far as u r a husband ur wyf shld respect u. It is d misteks wives made nw adays that they r d 1s payng d bilz so they wnt respect their husband. Ask ur self ds q,if d man forbids u 4rm walkng how can u pay d bil? And remember disobeyng him means disobeyng God and obeyng him means obeyng God.

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by soledadd: 8:03am On Jul 28, 2012
Wen dating, there should b an atom of submisiveness from d gal. If a man is courting a girl for marriage n notices bossy and arogant character in d girl do u think he can go on? Lets b realistic here. A man should lov his wife dearly for there to submisivenes on d lady's part. It doesnt mean women shoult take any shit dat comes dia way, u must still b ascertive in a way dat ur man will not overide u. There r times d woman corrects man n save their marriage. How do u expect me to submit wen i notice incriminating behaviours from my man dat can marr our union? Hell no, i will stand up n fight to finish.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Sweetdoct247(m): 8:13am On Jul 28, 2012
Mutual submissiveness, that's what the institution of marriage should be based upon.

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by ripo(m): 11:13am On Jul 28, 2012
Some gals here dont really understand d context of submission here. If love exists, ur gal will definately show a great deal of respect vis-a-vis submission 2 ur views. Most 50-50 arguments will momentarily end in d guys favour, after which d gals will styllishly table her points. Men dont joke with their ego, u know?
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:31am On Jul 28, 2012
LMAO! grin
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by 2tek: 11:41am On Jul 28, 2012
A woman who isn't ready 2 submit a bit or wholly to her man b4 marriage shld not expect her man 2 love or propose 2 her. B4 marriage,Will d lady like it wen d man ONLY lusts after her without love since she wants 2 ONLY respect nd not submit 2 him.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by OILOFGLADNESS: 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
@ALL, THIS TOPIC IS SIMPLE AND STRAIGHT FORWARD, THE POSTER DID PERFECTLY WELL BY USING BIBLICAL BASIS.
THE MAIN DUTY OF A MAN IS TO LOVE THE WIFE AS CHRIST LOVE THE CHURCH AND GAVE HIS LIFE FOR........., NOW THE BIG QUESTION IS HOW MANY MEN ARE READY TO LOVE THIER WIFE TO THIS EXTENT EVEN 80%, the fact is that "SUBMISSION IS A FUNCTION OF LOVE, THE SUBMISSION OF A WIFE TO THE HUSBAND , NOT GIRLFRIEND (SIN PARTNER) IS DEPENDENT ON THE LEVEL OF THE LOVE THE MAN CAN OFFER TO HER" WHAT YOU GIVE IS DEFINITELY WHAT YOU WILL GET.
UNLESS THAT VIRTOUS WOMAN WHO HAD DECIODED TO ENDURE WHILE WAITING ON GOD FOR INTERVENTION , BUT SUCH WILL ONLY SUBMITT TO THOSE THINGS THAT ARE PLEASING IN THE EYES OF THE LORD THATY GAVE HER SUCH GRACE.

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by modavi: 1:08pm On Jul 28, 2012
God instituted marriage, and he has set rules and standards for it. U cnt ignore what God wants for marriage, and not expect to fail in it.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by pepperliny(f): 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
bukatyne: i m really enjoyin this topic and i agree wit sexrevives and Thoniaslim's points amongst others. i ve come to realize wit revelation that wat is obtainable in most Nigerian homes is not submission, it's servitude or wat a popular pastor calls 'glorified slavery'. A typical nigerian marriage only fulfills 1 out of d 3 reasons for marriage: companionship, prevention against adultery and child bearing and we all know d one they fulfill. initially, when i saw ...'wives submit to ur husbands...', i thought God was been sexist. However, on further study, i realized that the love God expects from men is much more indepth than even d submission of women. God compared His love for isreal to the love a husband has for his wife. i read 1Cor 13:1-8 and i realized that when a man loves genuinely, he lays it all for d woman. he believes d best of her. he can do anything to make her happy. she is his world and everything! King Solomon even said in Proverbs that 4 things amaze him and d last is 'how a man loves a woman'. when d man loves his wife, he esteems her above himself. he considers her first in all his decisions. when that loved woman submits, she esteems her husband above himself and considers him first so there is a balance. some people wonder y d man must love first; d man finds d woman and is d head (the source/building block of that family). a loved woman will do everything in her power to please her husband. she ll think of cooking his best meal, looking good for him, dressing him up to be outstanding, encourage him, believes in him and trusts him. when her husband brings suggestions/ideas, b'cos she knows that he loves her and has considered her before making that suggestion, she readily supports him and stand by him. a loved woman that doesn't submit has a problem and a husband that is expecting his wife to submit witout loving her unconditionally has a problem and is looking for a glorified slave. have a splendid day

Bukatyne you are right on point, well said.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by MrLee(m): 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hmmmm....
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by MrLee(m): 1:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
Tolaaaaannni:
I totally agree with you, some women are turning to mumu now a days. Treating their boyfriends like its their husband. I was shocked when my friend called her bf olowo ori mi. shocked
continue with these kind of atitude while your frends get married every saturday. grin
Tolaaaaannni:
I totally agree with you, some women are turning to mumu now a days. Treating their boyfriends like its their husband. I was shocked when my friend called her bf olowo ori mi. shocked
continue with these kind of atitude while your frends get married every saturday.

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by deenee: 1:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
It is a pity that marriage as an institution has been bastardized within the African context. We have copied a lot from the 'West' and see where it has got us as a society! We see a lot of women flying the 'independent lady' flag whilst deep down in their hearts, they yearn for the presence of a man in their life. We also have scenarios where women have practically become full time bread winners in their family taking full responsibility for the upkeep in their family whilst men are mere transit vessels for raising a family. This is sad!

We need to look at our parents and how they have weathered the storm whilst they holding the institution of marriage in high esteem. I recall an uncle of mine who lost his job as a top executive during the last consolidation exercise in the Nigerian banking industry. This took its toil on him as most women don't know-men take pride in their jobs especially when they are successful at it. His wife supported him and played her role as a loving partner whilst according him full respect. Even his teenage kids didn't know about his predicament. He now a runs a successful private consultancy and holds his wife in high esteem 24/7! The question is how many would be ready to tow the path of painstaking sacrifice for their partners esp during trying periods?

I am not yet married, I wish I did before now. This is because though still young (in my late twenties) I have achieved quite a lot (in terms of relative financial stability and career growth- I was recently made a junior partner with a PE firm in NYC) hence it is quite difficult to meet one who is not intimidated or in awe.

Finally, I think it is in appropriate to put arguments on this thread along the lines of the topic referenced above. It will only create a huge divide at the end of the day. There are certain universal laws put in place by mother nature and anytime we try to alter these laws we pay dearly for it. For example, it is on record that a man should be the 'bread winner' in the house, this is why even from the time of hunting and gathering, men go out to hunt whilst women stay at home. Now, I am not advocating for women to sit at home in this age and era but trying to play the role of the bread winner because they have become "independent" or "career minded" will only make their men to become complacent. I think that the relationship between a man and a woman should be a symbiotic one where they both compliment one another. This is my final view on this matter but hey who am I to provide an opinion here after all, I have my own relationship issues and daily drama from my girlfriend to contend with!

May God help us!

3 Likes

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by snthesis(m): 10:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
nyameke: lol I'm a dude son
your husband must be extra lucky tongue
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by usermane(m): 8:02am On Jul 29, 2012
UncleJJ: I say it all the time - dont marry your girlfriend , marry your best-friend.
Yes,i second. I only date a girl when i have known her at a friendship level. I don't just walk up to a girl on d streets simply becos she is d most beautiful girl i v evr seen. Girls may be impress and feel such guy is confident bt i don't. We have to be friends first. But as plenty guys are superficial they chose their girls by beauty.
Love only exist so that you can ignore your ugly sides, so the courtship can evolve. Succesful marriage take alot of hardwork and couples need to sit down and have lots of conversation about what they think marriage is and what the hope to achieve in marriage.

Is the girl really ready.
Is the man financially bouyant.
Yes many girls are ready and men,financially stable. But they aint luking 4 love, bt 4 fun and lust. Men just want 2 keep going out with numerous girls. Marriage is a sort of restriction to this hobby of theirs. Girls want to continue partying,spending lavishly, and getting chased by different guys,how could such a guy or girl be willing to marry evn though they are ready?
Girls need to accept this cheating husband issue's - yeah not all men cheat but a good percentage of us cheat. The only time a man will not cheat on his wife is if she was his best-friend in this case , he would see this as an act of betrayal and do all he can to avoid that girl.
Lies and deception. Girls should nvr accept cheating. If u love ur wife, and u know what MORALITY mean u wont be tempted to cheat. Men are guilty of lustful thinking and this is d main cause of cheating
A woman should never divorce her husband because he cheated - if na so our mama dem dey do am, several of us would be product's of broken homes. The woman is also an integral part of the marriage, if not the most important.
A woman should divorce a man once he cheats on her especially if they hadn't bn d best of couple for a long while. How can u advise this when lots of men divorce their wife once found cheating without evn hearing a word from her not to talk of an apology. A man who cheat does so with another man 's wife...wud u b happy to hear that ur wife cheated on u. Or on a single girl who if caught wud b termed as a slut or LovePeddler by d community,getting dumped by her fiance/bf,preventing men from approaching her for marriage.
I honestly adore hardworking women, though i cant marry a banker or a girl with a similar job. I like women who are available "so to speak" . Stressed out girlfriends are not a good site - add the difficult day at work with her menstrual period and mix it with Lagos traffic , and you get cruella deville ( the evil lady in 101 dalmatians.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by usermane(m): 8:02am On Jul 29, 2012
UncleJJ: I say it all the time - dont marry your girlfriend , marry your best-friend.
Yes,i second. I only date a girl when i have known her at a friendship level. I don't just walk up to a girl on d streets simply becos she is d most beautiful girl i v evr seen. Girls may be impress and feel such guy is confident bt i don't. We have to be friends first. But as plenty guys are superficial they chose their girls by beauty.
Love only exist so that you can ignore your ugly sides, so the courtship can evolve. Succesful marriage take alot of hardwork and couples need to sit down and have lots of conversation about what they think marriage is and what the hope to achieve in marriage.

Is the girl really ready.
Is the man financially bouyant.
Yes many girls are ready and men,financially stable. But they aint luking 4 love, bt 4 fun and lust. Men just want 2 keep going out with numerous girls. Marriage is a sort of restriction to this hobby of theirs. Girls want to continue partying,spending lavishly, and getting chased by different guys,how could such a guy or girl be willing to marry evn though they are ready?
Girls need to accept this cheating husband issue's - yeah not all men cheat but a good percentage of us cheat. The only time a man will not cheat on his wife is if she was his best-friend in this case , he would see this as an act of betrayal and do all he can to avoid that girl.
Lies and deception. Girls should nvr accept cheating. If u love ur wife, and u know what MORALITY mean u wont be tempted to cheat. Men are guilty of lustful thinking and this is d main cause of cheating
A woman should never divorce her husband because he cheated - if na so our mama dem dey do am, several of us would be product's of broken homes. The woman is also an integral part of the marriage, if not the most important.
A woman should divorce a man once he cheats on her especially if they hadn't bn d best of couple for a long while. How can u advise this when lots of men divorce their wife once found cheating without evn hearing a word from her not to talk of an apology. A man who cheat does so with another man 's wife...wud u b happy to hear that ur wife cheated on u. Or on a single girl who if caught wud b termed as a slut or LovePeddler by d community,getting dumped by her fiance/bf,preventing men from approaching her for marriage.
I honestly adore hardworking women, though i cant marry a banker or a girl with a similar job. I like women who are available "so to speak" . Stressed out girlfriends are not a good site - add the difficult day at work with her menstrual period and mix it with Lagos traffic , and you get cruella deville ( the evil lady in 101 dalmatians.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by chizoxavier(m): 8:07am On Jul 29, 2012
sexkillz: A woman should never never ever submit to a man she is not married to. . . Ever! Respect him, yes, but submit to him? Hell NO!

How can U̶̲̥̅̊ respect without submitting to him? Bomb dey yaaa head grin
sexkillz: A woman should never never ever submit to a man she is not married to. . . Ever! Respect him, yes, but submit to him? Hell NO!

How can U̶̲̥̅̊ respect without submitting to him? Bomb dey yaaa head
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Abbey2sam(m): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2012
Dont forget that we are africans, we should for once do us "AFRICANs" not alway coping the westhern culture...in my opinion i tink in a serious relationship the lady should try and be submisive considering how hard it is out there to get a husband,a guy can always pick a gurl to marry and leave his former gurl "attitude"......
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by OlaOni1: 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
Wife should not wait for her husband to love her before she submit, like wise the husband. it is a commandment without condition, so each of them should ensure they do their own part
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by olumideyahooc: 12:16am On Jul 30, 2012
woman need 2 submit hersef 2 his boyfrend,becus u are under d guy he can contrrow u.& if u fail 2 oby him u are on ur own then, if u no wear u are going 2 submit ursef.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 30, 2012
2QW1ERH

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by OlaOni1: 3:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
The two have to work hard to have a good relationship, good relationship is not gotten by pointing an accusing finger at each other but be committed to your own own submission as a woman and love as a man good relationship is not cheap, you have to pay the price if you want one
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by bukatyne(f): 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
Abbey2sam: Dont forget that we are africans, we should for once do us "AFRICANs" not alway coping the westhern culture...in my opinion i tink in a serious relationship the lady should try and be submisive considering how hard it is out there to get a husband,a guy can always pick a gurl to marry and leave his former gurl "attitude"......
and a gal cannot dump her guy and pick another one to marry. this is one of d many problems we have in marriage! when we begin to feel that we re doin the other party a favour by marrying him/her then we don't know wat we re doing! it amazes me when men threaten their women to 'behave' else they won't marry them like marriage is a 'gift' for the most deserving person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by goofie: 4:49pm On Oct 31, 2012
...but seriously submission doesnt apply to boyfriend n girlfriend AT ALL.

a woman shld submit 2 her husband jst d same way a man shld love his wife.

submission is yielding completely to a superior authority. dts not an action deserving of a boyfriend.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by leookagbare: 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hey pals, have you heard?
Nicki minaj is getting married to lil Wayne this year...he proposed to her last week,watch the video at
http:// www.reekwhat.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by bukatyne(f): 2:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
bukatyne:
i m really enjoyin this topic and i agree wit sexrevives and Thoniaslim's points amongst others. i ve come to realize wit revelation that wat is obtainable in most Nigerian homes is not submission, it's servitude or wat a popular pastor calls 'glorified slavery'. A typical nigerian marriage only fulfills 1 out of d 3 reasons for marriage: companionship, prevention against adultery and child bearing and we all know d one they fulfill. initially, when i saw ...'wives submit to ur husbands...', i thought God was been sexist. However, on further study, i realized that the love God expects from men is much more indepth than even d submission of women. God compared His love for isreal to the love a husband has for his wife. i read 1Cor 13:1-8 and i realized that when a man loves genuinely, he lays it all for d woman. he believes d best of her. he can do anything to make her happy. she is his world and everything! King Solomon even said in Proverbs that 4 things amaze him and d last is 'how a man loves a woman'. when d man loves his wife, he esteems her above himself. he considers her first in all his decisions. when that loved woman submits, she esteems her husband above himself and considers him first so there is a balance. some people wonder y d man must love first; d man finds d woman and is d head (the source/building block of that family). a loved woman will do everything in her power to please her husband. she ll think of cooking his best meal, looking good for him, dressing him up to be outstanding, encourage him, believes in him and trusts him. when her husband brings suggestions/ideas, b'cos she knows that he loves her and has considered her before making that suggestion, she readily supports him and stand by him. a loved woman that doesn't submit has a problem and a husband that is expecting his wife to submit witout loving her unconditionally has a problem and is looking for a glorified slave. have a splendid day

3 years ago...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny And Silly Ways Men Ask For Sexchat / I Can’t Marry A Man With Less Than N500 Million – Linda Ikeji / Step To Follow When Fingering A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.