Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic (8343 Views)

Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language / Which Side Has The Biggest Influnce When People From Different Cultures Marry / Cultural-Political Attire From Different States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 27, 2012
Post them. . . . from White lions to Siberia tigers
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
I've always had a thing for Siberian Tigers

Siberian (or Amur) tigers are the world's largest cats. They live primarily in eastern Russia's birch forests, though some exist in China and North Korea. There are an estimated 400 to 500 Siberian tigers living in the wild.

Tigers live alone and aggressively scent-mark large territories to keep their rivals away. They are powerful hunters that travel many miles to find prey, such as elk and wild boar, on nocturnal hunts. Tigers use their distinctive coats as camouflage (no two have exactly the same stripes) and hunt by stealth. They lie in wait and creep close enough to attack their victims with a quick spring and a fatal pounce. A hungry tiger can eat as much as 60 pounds (27 kilograms) in one night, though they usually eat less.

Females give birth to litters of two to six cubs, which they raise with little or no help from the male. Cubs cannot hunt until they are 18 months old, and remain with their mothers for two to three years, when they disperse to find their own territory.

Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
African Lion

Lions are the only cats that live in groups, which are called prides. Prides are family units that may include up to three males, a dozen or so females, and their young. All of a pride's lionesses are related, and female cubs typically stay with the group as they age. Young males eventually leave and establish their own prides by taking over a group headed by another male.

Female lions are the pride's primary hunters. They often work together to prey upon antelopes, zebras, wildebeest, and other large animals of the open grasslands. Many of these animals are faster than lions, so teamwork pays off.

Lions have been celebrated throughout history for their courage and strength. They once roamed most of Africa and parts of Asia and Europe. Today they are found only in parts of sub-Saharan Africa, except for one very small population of Asian lions that survives in India's Gir Forest.

So beautiful and majestic

Team work

Polygamy? grin

Family

Love

Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by anonymous6(f): 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
If you go by looks, I find the Royal Bengal Tiger more impressive cool:

[img]http://priyaseht.files./2010/06/bengal-tiger-3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-NRX89kPNiMw/TaaN-6LiK1I/AAAAAAAACwY/TuMan4sJiCk/s1600/Prowler+Bengal+Tiger.jpg[/img]

The Bengal tiger is a tiger subspecies native to the Bengal region of South Asia.
The Bengal tiger is the most numerous tiger subspecies with populations estimated at 1,520–1,909 in India, 440 in Bangladesh, 124–229 in Nepal and 67–81 in Bhutan.
They prefer hunting large ungulates such as chital, sambar, gaur, and to a lesser extent also barasingha, water buffalo, nilgai, serow and takin. Among the medium-sized prey species they frequently kill wild boar, and occasionally hog deer, muntjac and Gray langur. Small prey species such as porcupines, hares and peafowl form a very small part in their diet. Due to the encroachment of humans into their habitat, they also prey on domestic livestock.
Bengal tigers have been known to take other predators, such as leopards, wolves, jackals, foxes, crocodiles, Asiatic black bears, sloth bears, and dholes as prey, although these predators are not typically a part of their diet. Adult elephants and rhinoceroses are too large to be successfully tackled by tigers, but such extraordinarily rare events have been recorded. The Indian hunter and naturalist Jim Corbett described an incident in which two tigers fought and killed a large bull elephant. If injured, old or weak, or their normal prey is becoming scarce, they may even attack humans and become man-eaters.
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2012
@PAGAN

lol I really can;t tell the difference between the tiger families. they look alike grin
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
Another animal i thoroughly adore is the Spotted Hyena. Their laughter can make one cry and the female is usually the head of the tribe. They are very sociabe animals and depend upon each other to survive just like wild dogs and wolves.

Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:13pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
@PAGAN

lol I really can;t tell the difference between the tiger families. they look alike grin

not really. The Siberians have wider faces with thicker fur (due to cold climate) and look more like stuffed toys. The Royal Bengal has much sharper features and is good at stalking since it spends its entire time in swampy forests. wink
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

not really. The Siberians have wider faces with thicker fur (due to cold climate) and look more like stuffed toys. The Royal Bengal has much sharper features and is good at stalking since it spends its entire time in swampy forests. wink

You're right. I compared our pictures lol

The more I learn, the more I learn that Females usually play the "masculine" roles. i.e Lionesses hunt while Lions sit home to babysit their cubs and to watch over the pride.
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

You're right. I compared our pictures lol

The more I learn, the more I learn that Females usually play the "masculine" roles. i.e Lionesses hunt while Lions sit home to babysit their cubs and to watch over the pride.

yes its usually the females. infact in todays world, the same trend is noticed among humans, where woman are taking more active roles in society, while men sit at home and sleep all day without jobs. tongue
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes its usually the females. infact in todays world, the same trend is noticed among humans, where woman are taking more active roles in society, while men sit at home and sleep all day without jobs. tongue

Not just white men lol.
We have more women in school than men. USA's Olympic team has more females than male. We have more and more women going into professional schools etc tongue
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
African Cheetahs

The cheetah is the world's fastest land mammal. With acceleration that would leave most automobiles in the dust, a cheetah can go from 0 to 60 miles (96 kilometers) an hour in only three seconds. These big cats are quite nimble at high speed and can make quick and sudden turns in pursuit of prey.

The world's fastest animal is born weak, helpless and unable to escape even the slowest predator, which is why cheetah mothers keep their cubs well hidden during their first few weeks of life. As further protection, the soft temporary ruff of fur that baby cheetahs are born with is believed to act as a disguise, fooling predators such as lions and hyenas into thinking the cubs are (the far less appetising) honey badgers.

Read more at http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/news-cute-babies-who-grow-be-deadly-killers?image=1#F1ic2i4EUYulWwg9.99

Family that preys together, eats together

A mother and her large cubs move through the dunes of the Kalahari. Cheetah cubs are dependent on their mother for about 15 months before they are able to fend for themselves, first as a sibling group and later as solitary females or males or as males in a coalition.

Siblings pLaying

Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 29, 2012
Nice Thread
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by odumchi: 8:39am On Jul 29, 2012
Leopards

Leopards are the feared lords of the forest. Enclosed in their slender bodies are grace, elegance, and potency. Their mystical body patterns have evoked the respect and awe of numerous African societies, granting them reverence and significance in the religious practices of Africa's forest peoples.

Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:43am On Jul 29, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^

and also the fact that they are the only big cats that can climb trees.
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by odumchi: 8:47am On Jul 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Lol, yes, that too.

I want to ask you a question: do they still have lions in Hausaland?
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by antitpiah: 9:25am On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
African Cheetahs

The cheetah is the world's fastest land mammal. With acceleration that would leave most automobiles in the dust, a cheetah can go from 0 to 60 miles (96 kilometers) an hour in only three seconds. These big cats are quite nimble at high speed and can make quick and sudden turns in pursuit of prey.

Family that preys together, eats together

A mother and her large cubs move through the dunes of the Kalahari. Cheetah cubs are dependent on their mother for about 15 months before they are able to fend for themselves, first as a sibling group and later as solitary females or males or as males in a coalition.

Siblings pLaying

Say NO to intellectual fraud, Tomato grin

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/cheetah/
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:13am On Jul 29, 2012
odumchi:

Lol, yes, that too.

yes there are very few. around 25-30 of the West African Lions. the are more related to Asiatic Lions than the other African Lions and those are only in Kainji Reserve. personally i have never seen a wild lion in my life. i have seen other animals such as elephant, busbaby, mongoose, leopard, gazeelle, eland, etc..
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by antitpiah: 11:06am On Jul 29, 2012
odumchi:

Lol, yes, that too.

Yes, on a typical day, you can see 1 or 2 roaming the streets in Hausaland.
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by odumchi: 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes there are very few. around 25-30 of the West African Lions. the are more related to Asiatic Lions than the other African Lions and those are only in Kainji Reserve. personally i have never seen a wild lion in my life. i have seen other animals such as elephant, busbaby, mongoose, leopard, gazeelle, eland, etc..

Oh okay. I always wondered whether or not they still existed. I was told that, in the old days, lions were common in northern and central Nigeria.

antitpiah:

Yes, on a typical day, you can see 1 or 2 roaming the streets in Hausaland.

Clown grin
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
odumchi:

Oh okay. I always wondered whether or not they still existed. I was told that, in the old days, lions were common in northern and central Nigeria.

yes they were common in the past. however, there are lots of hyena and vultures these days, due to the rise of boko haram. .
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by odumchi: 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

yes they were common in the past. however, there are lots of hyena and vultures these days, due to the rise of boko haram. .

Really?

What could be the relationship between terrorism and wild animals?
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
odumchi:

Really?

What could be the relationship between terrorism and wild animals?

well, you can say, its all a part of the clean-up act. . grin
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^^^^

I've seen Cougars climb trees o

[img]http://www.srd.alberta.ca/FishWildlife/FishWildlifeOfficers/HumanWildlifeConflict/images/EFS-HumanWildlifeconflictCougar.jpg[/img]
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I've seen Cougars climb trees o

[img]http://www.srd.alberta.ca/FishWildlife/FishWildlifeOfficers/HumanWildlifeConflict/images/EFS-HumanWildlifeconflictCougar.jpg[/img]

oh it seems i was mistaken. i got some new information.

All cats can climb trees, including lions. The problem is getting down safely once they are up there. Sometimes house cats get caught up in a tall tree because they don't know how to get down. Eventually they will make a leap for it, if they are not rescued by the fire department or a good neighbor.

Cougars are not considered tree climbers(arboreal). however, on rare occasions they might stalk prey from trees.
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
LOL House cats still have that wild instinct lmao grin
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
Fo real though, I just want to hug a lion. They're sooooooooo beautiful!!!
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
LOL House cats still have that wild instinct lmao grin

yes i love cats. they have such great personalities. there were times when i could almost swear that my cat was near-human in feelings and behaviour. you wont realise this unless you spend time with one. .

Ileke-IdI:
Fo real though, I just want to hug a lion. They're sooooooooo beautiful!!!

i dont know about lions, but maybe you could get a chance to hug a tiger. In Thailand, there is a Buddhist monastery where the monks take care and look after orphaned or injured tigers.

[img]http://blog.360dgrs.nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Screen-Shot-2012-02-10-at-09.53.541.png[/img]

[img]http://thailandtourscenter.files./2011/06/monk-sitting-with-tigers-tiger-temple-thailand.png[/img]

Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2012
Yea, cats are near human I tell you. They always want to be treated like royalty. You have to give them attention when they want lol.

I want to hug every animal we've posted on this thread, even tigers. They're all sooooo exotic and beautiful. I swear if care is not taken, I'll buy my plane ticket to Thailand right now tongue

PS: Have they ever taken a bite out of him?
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 29, 2012
except for hyenas.
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Yea, cats are near human I tell you. They always want to be treated like royalty. You have to give them attention when they want lol.

I want to hug every animal we've posted on this thread, even tigers. They're all sooooo exotic and beautiful. I swear if care is not taken, I'll buy my plane ticket to Thailand right now tongue

PS: Have they ever taken a bite out of him?

yes true that. and what i like about cats is their cleanliness. when my cat used to go out to defecate in the sand. he would first dig a hole, do it in and then bury it. he would then sniff it to see whether there is any smell. and add more sand. a cats worst temperament however is strangely enough, when you try to give it a bath. i used to have scatch marks all over. however one gets used to it.

my cat also used to come in the middle of the night and try to squeeze into my blankets. lol. that was when i decided to make a basket for it but he still used to come back and sleep on my bed near my foot.

The Monks say that they have never been bitten even once in their lifetime.
Re: Beautiful Wild Animals From Different Corners Of The World That You Find Exotic by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
except for hyenas.

haha grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Traditional Music From Your Town/state Like? / Looking For A Thread? Check Out These Links! / The Oba Of Benin's Palace Before 1897 British Destruction - PIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.