Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,551 members, 7,801,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:04 PM

Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? (6040 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / (VIDEO) Holy Mary Mother Of Jesus Appeared In Kaduna / Is Mary The Mother Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
This have been on my mind why the bible(new testament) did'nt give any report or account of Mary mother of Jesus(peace be upon her) or the way christians call her "mother of God", if Mary is truely the mother of God and Jesus is God according to christian saying why is it that we dont have a single chapter or report of Mary (mother of Jesus) giving her view: life of Jesus(as) both young and grown and the way "christian God"(Jesus christ) lived in his young and teenage life(if he performed any miracle during his teen) if truely Jesus (peace be upon him) is God and the saviour of the world who carried the whole sin of mankind, atleast we have Mary chapter(surah Mariam) in the Quran why not also have it in the bible even catholics don't have it in their bible.
Any thought for this please give yours. Thanks
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
No
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
Highbros: No
no? As in...
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Delafruita(m): 7:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
tintingz: no? As in...
no as in no
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 11:14am On Jul 29, 2012
Delafruita:
no as in no
as in the bible is fake?
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Delafruita(m): 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
tintingz: as in the bible is fake?
just like the quran

1 Like

Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
Delafruita:
just like the quran
lol# buh i didn't say no to the Quran...you were the one that said no to your bible moreover the Quran has a chapter for Mary(Mariam(as). . .
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Areaboy2(m): 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
Having a chapter for mary Proves nothing mate.i guess that's y the other guy was reluctant to argue with U. Funny thing is that U guys believe in Abraham and most Jewish prophets. How can U then feel ur own religion has more credibility than d other.

Want my opinion? They R all bullsh1t. :|
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Delafruita(m): 11:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
tintingz: lol# buh i didn't say no to the Quran...you were the one that said no to your bible moreover the Quran has a chapter for Mary(Mariam(as). . .
its not "my bible".both books are shallow.the tipitaka doesnt ascibe divinity to itself but its content are more worthwhile
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 11:23am On Jul 30, 2012
Area_boy: Having a chapter for mary Proves nothing mate.i guess that's y the other guy was reluctant to argue with U. Funny thing is that U guys believe in Abraham and most Jewish prophets. How can U then feel ur own religion has more credibility than d other.
Want my opinion? They R all bullsh1t. :|
yeah it prove nothing indeed i get ur point. . .but don't you think Mary(as) should have a credit in the bible cuz in christianity Mary is the mother of God the mother of son the mother of holyghost? who died on the cross for mankind sins. . .she took care of little Jesus why can't she have her view(a chapter) in the bible so we can know everything about this "son of God" when he was little instead i only read when Jesus(pbuh) is preaching to the jews when Joseph and Mary were looking for him and found him in the temple talking to the jews after that we read Jesus has grown up cheesy
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by MrAnony1(m): 11:32am On Jul 30, 2012
tintingz: This have been on my mind why the bible(new testament) did'nt give any report or account of Mary mother of Jesus(peace be upon her) or the way christians call her "mother of God", if Mary is truely the mother of God and Jesus is God according to christian saying why is it that we dont have a single chapter or report of Mary (mother of Jesus) given her view: life of Jesus(as) both young and grown and the way "christian God"(Jesus christ) lived in his young and teenage life(if he performed any miracle during his teen) if truely Jesus (peace be upon him) is God and the saviour of the world who carried the whole sin of mankind, atleast we have Mary chapter(surah Mariam) in the Quran why not also have it in the bible even catholics don't have it in their bible.
Any thought for this please give yours. Thanks

Lol, it appears to me that you are approaching the bible expecting it to read just like the Koran. It doesn't have to be so. What is recorded about Mary in the bible is all we need to know about her. The bible is not some christian book of fame where "good" people are compensated with individual chapters dedicated to them according to their "importance". A chapter on Mary is unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 11:40am On Jul 30, 2012
Delafruita:
its not "my bible".both books are shallow.the tipitaka doesnt ascibe divinity to itself but its content are more worthwhile
hun? If you don't believe in both books why posting here. . .abeg find ur way jor tongue
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Areaboy2(m): 11:45am On Jul 30, 2012
tintingz: yeah it prove nothing indeed i get ur point. . .but don't you think Mary(as) should have a credit in the bible cuz in christianity Mary is the mother of God the mother of son the mother of holyghost? who died on the cross for mankind sins. . .she took care of little Jesus why can't she have her view(a chapter) in the bible so we can know everything about this "son of God" when he was little instead i only read when Jesus(pbuh) is preaching to the jews when Joseph and Mary were looking for him and found him in the temple talking to the jews after that we read Jesus as grown up cheesy

Much as I hate to, i might agree with you a little on that one. But that's just one way to look at the flaws in the religion itself. Shows how little they regarded women back in the days. Worse even the mother of Jesus was put through that same neglect and unimportant role of being "invincible". you cant blame them, as you can still count how many important women are in the bible. silly.

Having said that, I can still find plenty similar flaws in the Qur'an itself! lol so that's no point for you tongue

Both religions are baseless and pretty much an initial scam. This leads to people interpreting whatever they want to suit whatever they wana do (and this is true for both Islam and Christianity).

If we had one FIXED way of either of these religion, I certainly wouldn't have any problem with religion. when i say fixed, I mean fixed (only one way).
Since that's not the case and we have multiple explanations and extrapolations from either religion, then i choose to dissociate myself from all that organized insanity
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by plaetton: 12:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
The early church fathers were in a dilema as to what to do with Mary. Having crowned Jesus the son of god and therefore co-god, what to do with mary became a thorn on their pius flesh.

You see, they said Mary was a virgin before the birth of jesus, but they did not stop there. They went further by claiming that she remained a virgin for the rest of her life(perpetual virginity), even though the bible states categorically that jesus had younger brothers and sisters.
Where jesus' siblings also by immaculate conception?

So, to solve this confusing Mary problem, they simply ignored her untill many centuries later when the Roman Catholica adopted her by conflating her with the Madonna, the goddess Venus, who just also happened to be the conflated personlity of the goddess Isis.

Mary Magdalene, the other Mary in Jesus life, was even a bigger problem for the early church fathers. In her own case,the solution was easy. They just called her a sinner and prostitute, and case closed.
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Area_boy:

Much as I hate to, i might agree with you a little on that one. But that's just one way to look at the flaws in the religion itself. Shows how little they regarded women back in the days. Worse even the mother of Jesus was put through that same neglect and unimportant role of being "invincible". you cant blame them, as you can still count how many important women are in the bible. silly.

Having said that, I can still find plenty similar flaws in the Qur'an itself! lol so that's no point for you tongue

Both religions are baseless and pretty much an initial scam. This leads to people interpreting whatever they want to suit whatever they wana do (and this is true for both Islam and Christianity).

If we had one FIXED way of either of these religion, I certainly wouldn't have any problem with religion. when i say fixed, I mean fixed (only one way).
Since that's not the case and we have multiple explanations and extrapolations from either religion, then i choose to dissociate myself from all that organized insanity
mr. You don't belong to any of this religion...why commenting trash here... am sure you a monkey belief(atheist) tongue
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Lol, it appears to me that you are approaching the bible expecting it to read just like the Koran. It doesn't have to be so. What is recorded about Mary in the bible is all we need to know about her. The bible is not some christian book of fame where "good" people are compensated with individual chapters dedicated to them according to their "importance". A chapter on Mary is unnecessary.
ok the mother of your god dosnt need a chapter in the bible its unnecessary to respect the mother of your savior ? I wonder why catholic worship her
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Areaboy2(m): 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
tintingz: mr. You don't belong to any of this religion...why commenting trash here... am sure you a monkey belief(atheist) tongue

thats nice. segregation. something your religion teaches? lol.. i taught it was teaching tolerance? bloody hypocrites angry

2 Likes

Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Delafruita(m): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
tintingz: hun? If you don't believe in both books why posting here. . .abeg find ur way jor tongue
your ignorance is unparalleled.disbelief in a thing doesnt mean ignorance about it.its apparent you have very sparse knowledge of either book.anyways like i said,the bible is no differnet from the story of peter pan or an enid blyton novel.same as the quran.only difference is the divinity they ascribe to themselves.
the tipitaka on the other hand doesnt ascribe any divinity to itself yet it teaches effectively and doesnt suffer the controversy that trails the bible or the pliaglarism of the quran
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by MrAnony1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
tintingz: ok the mother of your god dosnt need a chapter in the bible its unnecessary to respect the mother of your savior ? I wonder why catholic worship her
Why are you being purposely offensive? God has no mother. Mary was simply a vessel used to bring Christ to the world. It could have been anyone else if God had so chosen. what we know about her is what we need to know. If you have a problem with that, you can take it up with God.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2012
Area_boy:
thats nice. segregation. something your religion teaches? lol.. i taught it was teaching tolerance? bloody hypocrites angry
so why are you still posting in this thread mr hypocrites. . .i taught your atheist monkeys teaches tolerance tongue
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 6:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
Delafruita:
your ignorance is unparalleled.disbelief in a thing doesnt mean ignorance about it.its apparent you have very sparse knowledge of either book.anyways like i said,the bible is no differnet from the story of peter pan or an enid blyton novel.same as the quran.only difference is the divinity they ascribe to themselves.
the tipitaka on the other hand doesnt ascribe any divinity to itself yet it teaches effectively and doesnt suffer the controversy that trails the bible or the pliaglarism of the quran
LOL grin i taught peter pan leaved in "never land" that never exist tongue while both the book(Quran and bible) have historical background of their places event that exist, tho some stories in the bible are fairy tales. . .mind you the Quran is not a story book but a revelation a message to the mankind hope your atheist skull get that...and keep reading your early monkey stories, . . .wait is it true we are apes before we transform to human. grin
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Areaboy2(m): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2012
tintingz: LOL grin i taught peter pan leaved in "never land" that never exist tongue while both the book(Quran and bible) have historical background of their places event that exist, tho some stories in the bible are fairy tales. . .mind you the Quran is not a story book but a revelation a message to the mankind hope your atheist skull get that...and keep reading your early monkey stories, . . .wait is it true we are apes before we transform to human. grin

when u don't read, u don't know undecided
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 7:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Why are you being purposely offensive? God has no mother. Mary was simply a vessel used to bring Christ to the world. It could have been anyone else if God had so chosen. what we know about her is what we need to know. If you have a problem with that, you can take it up with God.
see someone that make sense. . .i agree with you 100% buh the last time i checkd Mary is calld "mother of God" mostly said by catholics.
So now you agree Jesus is not God nor equal to God but he's just a man a prophet that perform miracles in God's power?
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
Area_boy:
when u don't read, u don't know undecided
yeah i don't read, i only read peter pan and disney story books tongue grin
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Delafruita(m): 8:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
tintingz: LOL grin i taught peter pan leaved in "never land" that never exist tongue while both the book(Quran and bible) have historical background of their places event that exist, tho some stories in the bible are fairy tales. . .mind you the Quran is not a story book but a revelation a message to the mankind hope your atheist skull get that...and keep reading your early monkey stories, . . .wait is it true we are apes before we transform to human. grin
peter pan lived in neverland,never grows old and plays all day long.
jesus allegedly lived in syria,died and rose,and is forever interceding on the right hand of yahweh.
mohammed lived in makkkah/madinah,received revelation from gabbriel,went to paradise on a routine visit,is the only one who has been given a place in paradise.
what do all these stories have in common?they all sound like fairytales.
the quran is a bleeping fairytale.mohammed suddenly gets high on khadijah's food and ........,next thing hez hearing things and seeing things.isnt it amazing that muhammad claims jesus existed when therez absolutely no historical proof for the existence of jesus.muhammad claimed the injil was revealed to jesus but the injil wasnt in existence till more than 330years after jesus died.the quran quoted so many stories in the bible which have no historical evidence and which doubts exist to their ever having occured.mohammed claims the torah was revealed to moses but even theologians are in agreement that moses didnt write the pentateuch.where then does mohammed get alll this info?oh i forgot,gabriel told him
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Delafruita(m): 8:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
tintingz: see someone that make sense. . .i agree with you 100% buh the last time i checkd Mary is calld "mother of God" mostly said by catholics.
So now you agree Jesus is not God nor equal to God but he's just a man a prophet that perform miracles in God's power?
bomboy,only delusional folks attribute special significance to mary.your quran even dedicated a sura to her to show how delusional mohammed was

1 Like

Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
Delafruita:
peter pan lived in neverland,never grows old and plays all day long.
jesus allegedly lived in syria,died and rose,and is forever interceding on the right hand of yahweh.
mohammed lived in makkkah/madinah,received revelation from gabbriel,went to paradise on a routine visit,is the only one who has been given a place in paradise.
read your post sef peter pan play all day, flying around did Jesus and Mohammed play all day flying around? Weee! Where is the place of peter pan where is neverland do they exist? Why am i even replying to this trash. . .are we apes and dino in the begining?
Delafruita: what do all these stories have in common?they all sound like fairytales.
the quran is a bleeping fairytale.mohammed suddenly gets high on khadijah's food and ........,next thing hez hearing things and seeing things.isnt it amazing that muhammad claims jesus existed when therez absolutely no historical proof for the existence of jesus.muhammad claimed the injil was revealed to jesus but the injil wasnt in existence till more than 330years after jesus died.the quran quoted so many stories in the bible which have no historical evidence and which doubts exist to their ever having occured.mohammed claims the torah was revealed to moses but even theologians are in agreement that moses didnt write the pentateuch.where then does mohammed get alll this info?
no historical prove for their existence? Have u been to mecca or jerusalem if they exist are u with khadija(ra) how do u knw she gave Mohammed(saw) food if he dosn't exist do u knw what injil means i tot u get brain buh chemical don block am, injil is gospel mr. Mumu the jews that follow the law of Moses(as) did'nt knw what they're doing?
Delafruita: oh i forgot,gabriel told him
you better not tongue and if u don't av notin to say just sharaaap.
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by tintingz(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
Delafruita:
bomboy,only delusional folks attribute special significance to mary.your quran even dedicated a sura to her to show how delusional mohammed was
jayboy only delusional folks will believe early man is an ape in the begining dining with the dinosaurs
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Delafruita(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
tintingz: read your post sef peter pan play all day, flying around did Jesus and Mohammed play all day flying around? Weee! Where is the place of peter pan where is neverland do they exist? Why am i even replying to this trash. . .are we apes and dino in the begining?
no historical prove for their existence? Have u been to mecca or jerusalem if they exist are u with khadija(ra) how do u knw she gave Mohammed(saw) food if he dosn't exist do u knw what injil means i tot u get brain buh chemical don block am, injil is gospel mr. Mumu the jews that follow the law of Moses(as) did'nt knw what they're doing?
you better not tongue and if u don't av notin to say just sharaaap.
mumu,injil is bible.torah is the old testament.jews follow the old testament
you askme if i was with khadijah to know that she gave mohammed food,wasnt she his wife?or you mean to tellme muhammed frequented "mama put"

1 Like

Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by MrAnony1(m): 10:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
tintingz: see someone that make sense. . .i agree with you 100% buh the last time i checkd Mary is calld "mother of God" mostly said by catholics.
No I do not agree with you. Jesus is God. When He had to come to earth as a man, He chose to come through a woman and he chose Mary. He may as well have chosen Nneka or Yetunde or Victoria or any lady for that matter.
Mary is not mother of God because it would mean that God has an origin and He does not. Mary is the Mother of God in the flesh as Jesus Christ. Hope I have clarified things enough for you now.
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by Delafruita(m): 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2012
Mr_Anony:
No I do not agree with you. Jesus is God. When He had to come to earth as a man, He chose to come through a woman and he chose Mary. He may as well have chosen Nneka or Yetunde or Victoria or any lady for that matter.
Mary is not mother of God because it would mean that God has an origin and He does not. Mary is the Mother of God in the flesh as Jesus Christ. Hope I have clarified things enough for you now.
when did jesus get promoted to god?was there a coup?
Re: Where Is Mary(mother Of Jesus) Report In The Bible? by MrAnony1(m): 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
Delafruita:
when did jesus get promoted to god?was there a coup?
Funny, Jesus never got promoted to God, He is God from the beginning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What God Cannot Do Does Not Exist! / Roman Catholic Church The Babylon In Bible Prophecy. +the Pope Is The Beast / Is Righteousness Only In The Heart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.