Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (22338 Views)

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
LITTLE ATTITUDES THAT CREATE BIG PROBLMS IN HOMES.

Marriage is a union mostly within two people from absolutely opposite backgrounds.

Statistics have shown that most problems in married homes are usually very trivial and avoidable acts which if well checked, could have been avoided.

People have gone to court to seek for divorce for the flimsiest of reasons.

Below are some of the acts both men and women need to check to enable a happy and non tensed home front.

* Getting up from the bed without bothering to lay it.

* Leaving items liter around the living room and bed room.

*Not agreeing to if the toilet seat should be kept down or up.

*Refusing to take food from the bottom of pot.

* Refusing to eat the top of a sliced bread even when you tore the wrapper open.

* Chatting or Playing with your phone, laptop, tablet, reading a book or watching tv while your spouse is saying or complaining of something important.

* Walking out on your spouse while he/she is complaining of what is hurting them.

*Refusing to eat a food if there's no meat, fish or egg decorated on it.

* Refusing to flush the WC after using the rest room.

* Refusing to mop the floor after littering water all over the floor after having a bath.

* Piling up dishes in the sink.

* Not turning off the electronics while going to bed or leaving the house.

* Too pompous to use the words "thank you, I am sorry, Please".

* throwing used diapers around instead of disposing them properly.

* Buying luxury items without prior consent of your partner.

* Thinking you don't owe your partner an explanation for coming home late or leaving the house at whatever time you want.

* Going through your partners items (phones, laptops, pockets, hand bags etc) all for the sole aim of catching them cheating.

* Always eavesdropping on your partners phone and physical conversation with family, friends, colleagues, neighbors and strangers.

* Waking your partner from their sleep only to complain about events that happened during the day.

At least one of the above listed is a major cause while a marriage is about to get disolved aside major reasons like infidelity, Finance, and Family interferance.

19 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2012
Out of all d things u listed,majority of it is what causes aggresive arguements between my dad and i.i feel that they are trivial and shouldnt be picking on petty domestic issues like dat,he feels its a big deal
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by EfemenaXY: 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2012
@poster, add: Leaving your wet towel on the bed after having a shower! shocked shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 10:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
kulyie: Out of all d things u listed,majority of it is what causes aggresive arguements between my dad and i.i feel that they are trivial and shouldnt be picking on petty domestic issues like dat,he feels its a big deal

Don't count them as petty.
The earlier you start to deal with them the better.
Right now its your father, tomorrow it could be your spouse.
The earlier you start taking them serious the better for your marriage in the near future.

3 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
Efemena_xy: @poster, add: Leaving your wet towel on the bed after having a shower! shocked shocked

Wooow!!! That's also one of the thousands we are about to hear.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by engrtee(f): 12:17am On Jul 29, 2012
U didnt add

improper aplication of toothpaste

snoring

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 5:30am On Jul 29, 2012
engrtee: U didnt add

improper aplication of toothpaste

snoring

The application of toothpaste totally skipped my mind. That's also one major one that though sounds funny, some couples have divorced because of it and some have gotten their head broken from their partners physical attack.

Very inded. Snoring is another major one.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 29, 2012
@ acid talk yea thanks but do men stil go to d kitchen to check whether there are used dishes in d sink.i tot d husbands work is to get bak frm work n demand his food.abi will he com to d kitchen and 2 of us will b cooking @ d same time?
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 10:48am On Jul 29, 2012
kulyie: @ acid talk yea thanks but do men stil go to d kitchen to check whether there are used dishes in d sink.i tot d husbands work is to get bak frm work n demand his food.abi will he com to d kitchen and 2 of us will b cooking @ d same time?

Some men work and still do the cooking and dishes once a while as well.
Depending on the man, I for one detest dishes being left in the sink.

Nothing wrong in a man washing his dishes as soon as he finish his meal. That won't make him less of a man or will it?

3 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by ODB1: 12:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
acidtalk:

* Refusing to eat the top of a sliced bread even when you tore the wrapper open.

* Chatting or Playing with your phone, laptop, tablet, reading a book or watching tv while your spouse is saying or complaining of something important.

* Walking out on your spouse while he/she is complaining of what is hurting them.

* Refusing to mop the floor after littering water all over the floor having having a bath.

* Not turning of the electronics while going to bed or leaving the house.

* Thinking you don't owe your partner an explanation for coming home late or leaving the house at whatever time you want.

* Going through your partners items (phones, laptops, pockets, hand bags etc) all for the sole aim of catching them cheating.

* Always eavesdropping on your partners phone and physical conversation with family, friends, colleagues, neighbors and strangers.

* Waking your partner from their sleep only to complain about events that happened during the day.

Bachelor life too sweet. I do all the above cos am single and loving it

3 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
most, if not all these "acts" are carried out by the men, u hardly find a woman that doesn't complain abt one or 2 things her husband does.

@op, what's ur point?

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by anyerhovwo(f): 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
U didn't add:

Farting(gasing) unnecessarily
grin

3 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by RoyalRoy(m): 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
A lady ransacking your pockets, phones, wallets and laptops for non-existing clues of infidelity is the worst form of insecurity. A terrible thing to do in a relationship.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
Why should we care about all these minor things ? Marriages need not be perfect. Those lil fights here and there are what makes it marriage and not paradise.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
watch~tower:
most, if not all these "acts" are carried out by the men, u hardly find a woman that doesn't complain abt one or 2 things her husband does.

@op, what's ur point?

Scroll to the top of the page to see my point.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by ULSHERLAN(m): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
anyerhovwo: U didn't add:

Farting(gasing) unnecessarily
grin
What made you even think of that
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by greedie1(f): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
Good points raised here but snoring?? Isnt dat an unconscious act? I understand dt it can lead to quarrels, but divorce? Shouldnt d couple resolve it amicably, buy ear plug, use food supplements? Wts d rationale 4 divorceing someone over sometin he/ she has no control over?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by God2man(m): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
acidtalk: LITTLE ATTITUDES THAT CREATE BIG PROBLMS IN HOMES.

Marriage is a union mostly within two people from absolutely opposite backgrounds.

Statistics have shown that most problems in married homes are usually very trivial and avoidable acts which if well checked, could have been avoided.

People have gone to court to seek for divorce for the flimsiest of reasons.

Below are some of the acts both men and women need to check to enable a happy and non tensed home front.

* Refusing to mop the floor after littering water all over the floor after having a bath.

* Not turning off the electronics while going to bed or leaving the house.

At least one of the above listed is a major cause while a marriage is about to get disolved aside major reasons like infidelity, Finance, and Family interferance.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Why should we care about all these minor things ? Marriages need not be perfect. Those lil fights here and there are what makes it marriage and not paradise.

Like earlier stated, most of those inperfections have led to people being divorced today.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Roseey0(f): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2012
None is perfect,my mum and dad are guilty of most of these,bt understanding and the fear of God has kept dia marriage uptill 2day. If u knw wat the institution of marriage(the vow btw the both and God) is all abt n respct it,u wont hv problems getting over all these.

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2012
I`LL BE LIKE DAMN! IF NIGERIAN COUPLES REALLY BRAKE UP FOR THESE REASONS BECAUSE NONE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO DISSOLVE A GOD ORDAINED INSTITUTION BUT HEY, WE`RE BEING WESTERNIZED EVERYDAY AND WHAT OBTAINS OVER THERE IS FAST BECOMING A NORM HERE AS WELL.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by ebamma(m): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
okay we don hear,next topic please

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by bigx(m): 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
gree-die:
Good points raised here but snoring?? Isnt dat an unconscious act? I understand dt it can lead to quarrels, but divorce? Shouldnt d couple resolve it amicably, buy ear plug, use food supplements? Wts d rationale 4 divorceing someone over sometin he/ she has no control over?

When you sleep next to a bad snorer and realise you have to do that for the rest of your life. You'd understand.

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by betterbest: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
gree-die:

Good point! U couldn't av said it more better. Hope u don't snore grin
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by greedie1(f): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
betterbest:

Good point! U couldn't av said it more better. Hope u don't snore grin
lol...no i dont
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by 27naira(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2012
Leaving doors open
Leaving lights on at day time (especially my UK folks) grin

Wearing hair nets indiscriminately ( i so much hate it when girls wear hair nets in the morning walking around aimlessly angry )
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
i have seen a couple broken up because of toothpaste saga.
At the topic: what about moving up and down the house without clothes on and not to give your spouse sexual attention just to descpline him/her emotionally because of the pains you are aboring in your heart.
Or lets put it this way: wearing pants, tight short, kaki knicker, trouser, and tie rapper all at the same time and then face the wall when you want to sleep because your spouse offended you during the day and you want to punish him (because it is common to some women) at night.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
acidtalk:

Like earlier stated, most of those inperfections have led to people being divorced today.
Divorces sometimes are a blessing and not a curse.

3 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by greedie1(f): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
bigx:

When you sleep next to a bad snorer and realise you have to do that for the rest of your life. You'd understand.
terrifying ryt? Ever tried using ear plug? U wont hear a tin. If ur partner snores, try to find out which sleeping position causes it, den help ur partner stop lyin down dt way. Trivial tins lyk dis shouldnt mk anyone run to d court

now answer dis: if ur parents or siblings snore, ll u disown dem cz of dat? Its pathetic dat we ve no tolerance 4 our partners acts whyl we can endure such if coming frm our family. Is it westernisation dat is doing dis to us?

9 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by ganex: 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
In most families 2day men and women are nothing but companion instead of husband and wife.

2 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
i forgot to add waiting for your spouse to greet you good morning first because you feel important more than him/her (common to men) and if she/he didnt do that, you think she/he is proud and disrespecful and full of ego. It took me years to overcome this.

4 Likes

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Ortis: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
If spouses truly love demselfs i tink spouses suld device a means of resolvin dis issues instead of fling der p's outside or court......peepz just marry becos *i tink i lyk dat guy* witout waitin 2 study nd knw demselfs.... I dnt even tink all dose trashs count

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Weeks After Kano Mass Wedding, Bride Yet To Move To Groom’s House / Lagos Housemaid Elopes With Boyfriend, Steals Madam's Money, Underwear / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.