Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing (8151 Views)

Netbook For Webdesign / Can Anyone Deliver A Brand New Hp Netbook For 45k / Hp Mini Netbook For Sale - 65k Compaq Presario - 75k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Habidab: 10:00pm On Jul 28, 2012
Please Nairalanders i want to Acquire a Laptop or High End Netbook for browsing and all Am having as a bugdet for either of the two is #50,000.
Also am considering the issue of PHCN on one side and i havent use a Netbook before but am used to Laptop. Laptop battery are very poor considering the time i use to spend online.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Habidab: 5:39am On Jul 29, 2012
Those that have been using netbook can also share their Experience and kindly state the type I can buy to be satisfied
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
dude go and buy that samsung solar panel netbook
best battery life ever. like 8-9 hrs

but be sure say only browsing o, cuz na only 1 gb ram and win 7 don chop like half standard
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 31, 2012
It`s a no brainer @ Op. Since you need it just for browsing then go for a netbook.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by ebamma(m): 6:03pm On Jul 31, 2012
the devil you know(laptop) is better than the angel(netbook) you do not know.

1 Like

Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by stagger: 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2012
I have both.

Laptop: not good if you are considering battery power. The netbooks floor the laptops hands down in this area.

Ease of use: Laptops for me. Bigger keys, bigger screen, etc. I am gradually weaning myself off laptops and tending towards a netbook and tablet devices because I travel a lot and sometimes find myself in locations where portability and length of battery power are a big issue.

So, make your choice.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by BabaEleko(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
Bros, get a good new laptop. Get extra battery. Run windows xp not win7. Always turn off the keyboard light except when u in the dark and cnt see the keys. Dim the screen brightness to the minimum that u can. Always unplug the cord whenever ur battery is full. Then lastly select or customize a good power power saving option. With this tips u won't regret it if u buy a laptop.

2 Likes

Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
It's simple maths, really!
interNEt = NETbook
Unless you need DVD writer & other features only then should you consider a laptop, otherwise, stick with a NETbook.

1 Like

Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Ninilowo(m): 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
With the amount on you, I will advice you to go for netbook. I use HP mini and I cant see much ddifference between the two safe the DVD rom which could be obtained with 6k. The battery life is ok and it is very very portable.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by wandeay: 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2012
Both are good choice, laptop performs high-end task while netbook is portable, i'll advise u 2 go for Netbook (the extra size battery)
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 31, 2012
Go for HP mini. I bought mine with #55000.. Battery hour when fully charge is 9hours..
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by vb0mb(m): 7:17pm On Jul 31, 2012
From the contributions above, it is unequivocal that u should go for netbook.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by jude33084(m): 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2012
Pls help us τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ pictures smiley
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2012
A HP mini-210 is worth considering...If U̶̲̥̅̊ do, Make sure U̶̲̥̅̊ get a variant with a 6-cell ba3.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by bobby2270(m): 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
Habidab: Please Nairalanders i want to Acquire a Laptop or High End Netbook for browsing and all Am having as a bugdet for either of the two is #50,000.
Also am considering the issue of PHCN on one sideand i havent use a Netbook before but am used to Laptop. Laptop battery are very poor considering the time i use to spent online.
If its browsing and mails, word processing, Then i think a netbook is good. Look out for the samsung netbook that has the solar panel. I dont know how good it is but look out for it. Any high end netbook from Lenovo or gateway or Dell would do. But make sure you go to a shop where you can use a sample before you buy.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by denny4ril: 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2012
most people have really contributed but this is my one cent:
FOR BROWSING ALONE AND MOBILITY, go for netbooks (samsung solar is 12 as claimed in d advert, toshiba mini NB 250 - 8 hrs)

FOR SERIOUS LAPTOP WORK. DO NOT GO FOR NETBOOKS OR UR SYSTEM WILL CRASH. TRY ACER TIMELINEX - 8 HRS BATTERY OR LENOVO U300S - 6HRS MINIMUM OR DELL LATITUDE D620 WITH DOUBLE CELL BATTERY i.e 9 CELL BATTERY

NOTE: THE LAPTOPS ARE MORE THAN 50,000 EXCEPT THE DELL LATITUDE
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by y2kaustin(m): 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ok,now we know the medium in which individual uses in mis-yarnin on NL.@OP,ask the 40 artillery Laptop battalion,they are in the best position to advice you..Beaf & co..Abi?
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Kolade9(m): 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
''considering the time i used to spent online'' Oshey! I'm getting u grin grin grin Ah fink u shld get a textbook.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by DammyFx: 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2012
Netbook is a lot easier to handle and battery life is perfect.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Usminous: 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2012
i am using HP mini netbook and is very good with 3hrs battery i bought #50,000,and easy to carry abt.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by DIG1: 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
I'm using a samsung netbook NC series solar powered,has 14hrs bat3 life, very effective, especially 4 what U̶̲̥̅̊ want τ̅☺ use ¶† 4. Bought mine #68,000 @ samsung shop here I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Abuja.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Piyke: 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2012
I'm in love with my netbook, only go to my laptop for high-end games. I'm using an Asus 1015PEM, dual core n has 13hrs battery, bought it for roughly 70k like 2 years back

1 Like

Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by ibhena(m): 11:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
Guy, get a Netbook. This is my second year with a hp Netbook. It's GREAT! My battery stays hours (second year). Very portable, I carry it around without hassles or attracting unnecessary attention.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 01, 2012
Netbook is laptop itself nah...(mini laptop) so what's the difference? Other than netbook is more portable and those blabla. Get a laptop(bigger netbook) bro and stay glued to constant power supply smiley
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Azidogen2: 12:54am On Aug 01, 2012
just buy a laptop it will serve you in a long term for uploading, downloading and programming (if you are into it) purposes. if you just want to browse more use your smartphone. be wise since you do not have much cash to spend.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Lisa1: 2:12am On Aug 01, 2012
Well down
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by slimming: 4:25am On Aug 01, 2012
There is no serious difference btw them than the size and media
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by Adehwale: 6:28am On Aug 01, 2012
Kolade9: ''considering the time i used to spent online'' Oshey! I'm getting u grin grin grin Ah fink u shld get a textbook.
lmao...jst cant stop laughing.
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by miketayo(m): 6:32am On Aug 01, 2012
at the end of the day, a netbook is still a laptop tongue

1 Like

Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by sojmann(m): 6:36am On Aug 01, 2012
I use an acer netbook.55k brand new.2g RAM.500GB
Re: Laptop Versus Netbook For Browsing by ydtaurus5: 7:17am On Aug 01, 2012
Habidab: Please Nairalanders i want to Acquire a Laptop or High End Netbook for browsing and all Am having as a bugdet for either of the two is #50,000.
Also am considering the issue of PHCN on one sideand i havent use a Netbook before but am used to Laptop. Laptop battery are very poor considering the time i use to spent online.
you can go for the new samsung solar netbook,it is around 60k to 65k,good for browsing wt longer battery life.you can also charge via solar panel

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Was The First Time You Used The Internet? / Buy This Laptop With 20, 000 Naira Only / How To Use Netstumbler For Scanning Wireless Networks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.