Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. (11273 Views)

Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio / Some Animal And Birds Names In Yoruba. / Malagasy Peoples: A Beautiful Blend Of African And Asian Peoples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
From national Geographic

Mother's Love is brimming with the immeasurable love that mothers in the animal kingdom have for their young, beautifully expressed in a collection of moving and intimate portraits from National Geographic, the world's best in animal photography.
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
A duck and her ducklings walk along a riverbank. Ducklings believe that the first thing they see is their mother.

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
Born blind and deaf, kittens depend on their mother's sense of sight and hearing, navigating the world by touch, taste, and smell for the first three weeks of life.

[img]http://cutestuff.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/cat-cuddling-kittens.jpg[/img]
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
Dog and Puppies

Mother dogs lick their newborn pups clean, biting off each umbilical cord—an essential step in the bonding process.

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
i love Nat Geo photoraphy. . smiley
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
Japanese macaques can convey ideas to one another and pass skills down, generation to generation. The macaques, also called snow monkeys, have humanlike faces that can show a lot of emotion. They live in northern Japan, where it gets very cold, so they grow heavy fur coats in the winter to keep them warm.

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
i love Nat Geo photoraphy. . smiley

Me too! cheesy
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Me too! cheesy

im also planning to take monthly subscription for their magazines. its much cheaper and easier than buying books individually and wasting time searching for them. .

i like the discussions they have in it about ancient cultures, animals, pre-history, modern-area, wars, tribes, etc. its just great. i collect them. they are not like other magazines that you just read and throw away.
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
Giraffe and Calf

Giraffe mothers give birth on their feet—and their newborns drop six feet to the ground, headfirst. The fall actually helps them take first breaths.

Ta!! This technique does not work for humans o.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-4tphAE7bIMo/TkltUTh1R3I/AAAAAAAAAD4/alIFChYXLc8/s1600/giraffe.and.calf.jpg[/img]

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

im also planning to take monthly subscription for their magazines. its much cheaper and easier than buying books individually and wasting time searching for them. .

i like the discussions they have in it about ancient cultures, animals, pre-history, modern-area, wars, tribes, etc. its just great. i collect them. they are not like other magazines that you just read and throw away.

Sounds great. Do you donate? smiley

I like their cause and awareness.
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Sounds great. Do you donate? smiley

I like their cause and awareness.

personally i dont like to donate. i will do the work myself instead of giving it to some group. that way, it brings more satisfaction and i know the job is done. i dont mind spending on animals. they deserve it anyways. .
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mare and Foal

A mare chooses the company her newborn keeps. Older siblings and trusted humans may approach, but she wards off all others.

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 28, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

personally[b] i dont like to donate.[/b] i will do the work myself instead of giving it to some group. that way, it brings more satisfaction and i know the job is done. i dont mind spending on animals. they deserve it anyways. .

Same here grin

Even though I appreciate what they do. I'm always cautious about my money, where it'll go and if it's really being used for it's donation purpose.

1 Like

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
Bottlenose Dolphin and Calf

A mother dolphin may whistle to her calf almost continuously for several days after giving birth. This acoustic imprinting helps the calf learn to identify its mother.

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
Panda and Cub

A giant panda might nurse her young as often as 14 times a day, 30 minutes at a time.

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
Cheetah and her cubs

Female cheetahs typically have a litter of three cubs and live with them for one and a half to two years. Young cubs spend their first year learning from their mother and practicing hunting techniques with playful games.

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by ayobase(m): 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
Can't do without NatGeo a day!
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
Canadian Bears

Bears mostly live solitary life. When they are cubs, they live with their mothers for two to three years. One can find them in groups only at the feeding sites or while searching for mate.

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
Bears are actually shy of humans. . . . they try to stay away from us as much as possible.

Very beautiful animals. I just want to hug one.
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
Polar bears and cubs

Delayed implantation assures that the cub is born during the best time of the year for survival and allows the female to get into good physical condition and use her energy for nursing her newborn cubs.Mother polar bears nurse their cubs for as long as 30 months. Some cubs stop nursing as young as 18 months of age, but remain with their mothers for survival until they are 30 months old.

When ready, the mother polar bear leads her cubs to sea ice. Travel is slow with frequent rest and nursing stops. A mother will sometimes carry her cubs on her back through areas of deep snow or water. Cubs begin eating solid food as soon as their mother makes her first kill on the sea ice (about three to four months of age).

[img]http://1.bp..com/-jl_lqJLJr4M/TuUw0ms8TeI/AAAAAAAAASg/k-3WOWfBNVQ/s1600/baby-polar-bear-parent.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-VIhdvZKBlwA/Tf5gtxxmrFI/AAAAAAAAAD4/4QwWfkZEJME/s1600/polar-bear+mother++and-cub+Polar+bears+dangerous+animal+attacks+animal+protection+animal+rescue+wildanimal+conservation+babies+of+dangerous+beautiful+animals.jpg[/img]
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
There was one scene that Al gore showed about a mother and her cubs traveling and how she had to protect them from another vicious male polar bear.

I cried. Was soooo sad!! No food after long distance. cry cry cry
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
Bluejay and babies

Do not attempt to keep a wild bird and care for it yourself. In the US, ALL native migratory birds - not just endangered species - are protected under federal law (Migratory Bird Treaty Act), and it is illegal to keep any protected bird unless you have the required permits. Penalties for violating this law include fines of up to $500 and/or up to 6 months in jail for each offense. shocked shocked shocked

Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
I give it to these animals.

Imagine trying to take care of multiple children at ones. And Human mothers are complaining about one baby shocked shocked
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 29, 2012
Red Panda

A cub is born with its eyes closed. After about one week, the cub opens its eyes. It is still very small, weighing only 200g. Cubs are usually born in a hole in an old tree. Mother red pandas line their dens with small sticks and leaves. The dens are high above the ground to keep the cubs safe from predators like the snow leopard.

For the first four months, cubs depend on their mother for milk. After that, the mother and her cubs travel through the trees together looking for food. They use the branches like bridges to move from tree to tree. The cubs start to eat bamboo shoots. They also sample other foods like fruits, roots, and ferns.

[img]http://www.zooborns.com/.a/6a010535647bf3970b015391e14071970b-500wi[/img]
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by antitpiah: 8:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
http://www.globio.org/glossopedia/article.aspx?art_id=13

Stealing from other people is not segzy at all.
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Bluejay and babies

Do not attempt to keep a wild bird and care for it yourself. In the US, ALL native migratory birds - not just endangered species - are protected under federal law (Migratory Bird Treaty Act), and it is illegal to keep any protected bird unless you have the required permits. Penalties for violating this law include fines of up to $500 and/or up to 6 months in jail for each offense. shocked shocked shocked

i hate US wildlife laws. it is all a false pretext. the US has one of the largest markets for animal taxidermy, furs, etc. they have legal hunting periods where they shoot down millions of grizzly bears, deer, etc., evert year. they have no right to that even under the name of population control. the aimals where there first before whitemen arrived. and they make such a bi fuss over human abortions. filthy hippocrites. .X(
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

i hate US wildlife laws. it is all a false pretext. the US has one of the largest markets for animal taxidermy, furs, etc. they have legal hunting periods where they shoot down millions of grizzly bears, deer, etc., evert year. they have no right to that even under the name of population control. the aimals where there first before whitemen arrived. and they make such a bi fuss over human abortions. filthy hippocrites. .X(

The US wildlife law is complicated.
I know that one of the reason for hunting periods is to control that animal (deer, fishes, alligator etc) population so that they don't get out of control.
For endangered wildlife, there's no hunting. it's strictly forbidden.

I think we should have a hunting squirrel season. Their population is soooo out of control. And they don't even fear humans anymore.
These things will see you and still stand there eating nuts, staring you down while you walk by.
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
If na Naija, na peppersoup meat be that.
Re: Mother's Love Across Animal Culture. . . Nurture Is A Beautiful Thing. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
Alpacas and Baby

A baby alpaca is called a cria.
Young alpacas, like other prey animals, are vulnerable to attack from predators, so they need to be able to run, and keep up with the herd fairly quickly. A cria is normally standing and attempting to nurse within an hour of birth, and we've found that crias are already running about by night time, even if still a little uncoordinated.

A whole village raises a baby.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-4QYs5kx2XKM/T7FFBlQXCGI/AAAAAAAAAGw/gcefi-nO2L8/s1600/alpacas+greeting+cria.JPG[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbinedion University Honours Oluwo With Doctorate Degree / BBC's Documentary On Ancient West African Megacities / Nigerian Men And The '2nd Wife Or More' - Culture Or Modern Day Infildelity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.