Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,702 members, 7,802,092 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down (8213 Views)

Bamanga Tukur Escapes Assassination - The Nation / PDP Is The Messi Of Nigerian Politics – Tukur To Opposition Parties. / Bamanga Tukur To Stand Surety For His Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by lacasa: 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
Fuel Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks PDP Chair To Step Down
July 29, 2012
By Alhaji Lai Mohammed

The Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) has called on the Chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, to step down immediately, following his son's indictment in connection with the fuel subsidy scam, the biggest corruption case in Nigeria's history.

In a statement issued in Lagos on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the party said Alhaji Tukur's resignation is important so he can relief himself of the huge moral burden placed on him by his continued stay in office, ensure that the trial of suspects in the scam - including his son - go unimpeded and save the country's anti-corruption battle.

It however said, just so that no one will misunderstand it, that the party (ACN) subscribes to the Constitutional provision that deems an accused person innocent until proven guilty, hence its intervention is not about the guilt or otherwise of the accused in the case.

''It is important to say here that the fuel subsidy scam trial will be held in two courts: the court of law and the court of public opinion. While Alhaji Bamanga Tukur is not facing any charges in the court of law over the scam, he is definitely a star suspect in the court of public opinion. That is why many Nigerians are already insinuating that nothing will come out of the trial, especially as far as his son is concerned. This is an allusion to the influence bestowed upon him by his high office.

''While we have nothing but absolute confidence in the ability of the judicial process to ensure justice, we believe that anything than can reinforce the impression of thwarted justice in the fuel subsidy scam trial should be removed. Alhaji Bamagar Tukur's continued stay in office is one of such.

''We also believe that since Alhaji Tukur, as the PDP chairman, has a say in who becomes the chair of the boards of the key agencies in the oil sector that are linked to fuel subsidy (e.g. NNPC, PPPRA and PEF), his continued stay in office is inimical to efforts to clean up the tainted sector,'' ACN said.

The party described as cheer sophistry the attempt by an aide of the PDP chair to distance him and the party from the scam.

''Is it a coincidence that the 'stars' in the court trial of the subsidy scam include the sons of the past and present Chairmen of the PDP? Will it be wrong to say the sons of Dr. Ahmadu Ali and Alhaji Bamaga Tukur ''benefitted'' from the subsidy largesse because of their father's positions in the ruling party? Is it a coincidence that many of those named as suspects are big donors to the ruling party?

The truth is that the PDP and its bigwigs are right at the centre of this scam, and it is too late for the party and the bigwigs to now seek to distance themselves from it,'' it said.

ACN said while Alhaji Tukur's aide quoted copiously from the Holy Bible on why the sins of the son should not be visited on the father, he forgot some other important quotes from the same Holy Book: Galatians 6:7 (Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows) and Matthew 7:16 (You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?).

The party recalled its consistent warning, while the controversy over fuel subsidy removal raged, that the government should not punish ordinary Nigerians by increasing fuel prices and making them to pay for the inefficiency and corruption in the downstream sector of the country's oil industry.

''The government did not heed this warning, and went ahead - in the most cruel manner - to raise fuel prices. Now, thanks to the determination of Nigerians to shake off the yoke imposed on them by the same government they voted into power, and thanks to the doggedness of the House of Representatives, it has now been revealed that Nigeria's largely poor citizens are being made to subsidize a few fat cats, most of them linked to the PDP!

''While some of these fat cats allegedly collected billions of naira for the fuel they did not import, the ordinary Nigerian is today paying 97 naira per litre because of the corruption in which he/she is not involved! What a cruel irony!!'' ACN said

Alhaji Lai Mohammed
National Publicity Secretary
Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN)
Lagos, Nigeria

http://saharareporters.com/press-release/fuel-subsidy-scam-acn-asks-pdp-chair-step-down
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
Time will tell.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Chanchit: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
If the man resign, make i turn "Q" automatically....
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by dedeike: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
They should tell Mr. GBAJA, sorry GBAJABIAMILA, the fraudster to resign first then we can take it up from there. Foolish people.
I didn't know Lai Mohammed still had a voice. I thought he has gone dumb after Oyo taxpayers money was used to sponsor the wives of ACN lawmakers on a trip to London for capacity building training on how to protect their husbands from increasing competition from Oyo babes.

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
Talkatives
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
ACN is stupid party for calling on PDP chairman to resign.was PDP chairman elected to the seat by nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Maxymilliano(m): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
It is becoming glaring by the day that ACN is indeed a noisemaker and a total distraction. Pray, what does the call for the PDP chairman resignation got to do with a national issue like the fuel subsidy scam? Was it not the same Chairman that told whoever care to listen that his son is old enough to take responsibility for his actions?

Pls, Lai Mohammed should first apologize to the hapless denizen of Oyo State for the squandermania that involves the 32 wives of the State house of assembly and their London adventure.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by kunlej2: 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2012
is it their business?
yey noise makers
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
dedeike: They should tell Mr. GBAJA, sorry GBAJABIAMILA, the fraudster to resign first then we can take it up from there. Foolish people.
I didn't know Lai Mohammed still had a voice. I thought he has gone dumb after Oyo taxpayers money was used to sponsor the wives of ACN lawmakers on a trip to London for capacity building training on how to protect their husbands from increasing competition from Oyo babes.
Wow! Nairalañders kñow how to vent p€rßöñä£ grüdg€ßgrin
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by ayinba1(f): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
This release makes no sense. Please ACN should focus on improving the performance of ACN controlled states. BTW, I am no fan of PDP or Bamanga. But I love Aregbe and Fashola. Not sure what Ajimobi is doing.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by joskin: 5:17pm On Jul 30, 2012
Naija news is marketable & always interesting
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by gregg2: 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
Asiwaju Noise-making Party
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Ortis: 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
In as much as i dnt buy ACN'S idea of bamanga 2 stepdown cos d son is over 30yrs nd has a family if i guex bt i wil buy my idea of efcc making sure dat spoilt brat gets strictly punished 4 his sin's......,bt am nt suprised at wat dat guy did cos A SNAKE MUST BEGOT A SNAKE,his father is a politheifian so he has 2 b a theif
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by alaoeri: 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2012
dedeike: They should tell Mr. GBAJA, sorry GBAJABIAMILA, the fraudster to resign first then we can take it up from there. Foolish people.
Guess ωε should start with hembe & farouk.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by superior1: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2012

Laptop 15, the guy made a valid point (not withstanding ACN is also full of shiit). Must you always see all political news as we versus them?. Haba, dey use sense once awhile now undecided

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Tayo114: 5:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
joskin: Naija news is marketable & always interesting
honestly!
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2012

[size=28pt]Where is Dedeike and the Ibadan-Ilorin lies?[/size]

We dey find you to come clarify your lies.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by stineb1: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
angryI hate this ACN noise making attitude.I am not a fan of PDP,but prefer them to ACN.
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Emmy9ite(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
Interesting!! I love that biblical partcheesy Truly,u will surely reap what you sowwink
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Pataki: 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2012

DUNCE ALERT AGAIN!!!!!

How was Honorable Gbaja a fraudster? There is no greater than you and party of thieves, looters, criminals and murderers. I should however say though, ACN has no business with the affairs of PDP. Nevertheless, Bamanga is a failure. For raising a son who has been stealing and scamming from the government, surely that boy must have gotten this bad behavior from his father.

Foolish family. Reminds of me the Jonathan family.

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by oyestephen(m): 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
If we investigate the man talking and his family, we will likely discover some under ground rubbish.....its all about kettle calling pot black, who can be trusted in this present political dispensation....politics is truly a dirty game, you bring others down, just to upgrade yourself

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by ifihearam: 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2012
What is the business of A.CN with the leadership of pdp. Why will thay ask tukur to resign?is he a member of their party ni?
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 30, 2012
I agree totally with the ACN on this one. The anti-corruption fight by GEJ is very sincere and transparent. I support ACN on this and I join in the clamour for Bamanga Tukur to step down. GEJ, FRESH AIR

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by kutchs: 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
When did parents start paying for the sins of their wards? Me think everyone should carry his own load. BTW why didnt ACN call for Lagos State House of Assembly Speaker Ikuforiji‘s resignation the last time? Why didnt Lai Mohammed release a press statement condemning the wasteful London jamboree? acn has no moral ground for their mischevious demand.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by PapaBrowne(m): 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
Pataki:

DUNCE ALERT AGAIN!!!!!

How was Honorable Gbaja a fraudster? There is no greater than you and party of thieves, looters, criminals and murderers. I should however say though, ACN has no business with the affairs of PDP. Nevertheless, Bamanga is a failure. For raising a son who has been stealing and scamming from the government, surely that boy must have gotten this bad behavior from his father.

Foolish family. Reminds of me the Jonathan family.

Really?? So when a Father has two sons and one is a criminal and one is a saint, what do you call him?? A Failuresucess??

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
These ACN guys are too desperate for power... They now makes use of every silly mistake to talk rubbish. oya fashola should resign cause a policeman shot dead a man in Lagos during a protest against his makoko demolition
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by Pataki: 5:55pm On Jul 30, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Really?? So when a Father has two sons and one is a criminal and one is a saint, what do you call him?? A Failuresucess??

If that is the case, bring it here. Until you are unable to do that, Bamanga Tukur is a complete failure. For raising and fathering a scamming son!

Bloody thieves. No wonder, they find their association with PDP.

By the way, am still waiting for your court case against Buhari at Den Haag. cool

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by gegee(m): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
They're all politicians they'll use whatever situation as amo to fight each other
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by abubaka101: 6:05pm On Jul 30, 2012
What concerns ACN with the ripples in the PDP? If they even want to take advantage of the situation, it should'nt be to ask their Chairman to step down.
If Bamanga Tukur is to step down, he would'nt do it because of the situation his son is in or because of ACN, but for stability in the PDP camp.
"My son is now an adult..." so he said when he dismissed any interference in the situation. Now ACN wants him to stepdown, for a political juggernut, that is impossible!
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by ebamma(m): 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
chima12: ACN is stupid party for calling on PDP chairman to resign.was PDP chairman elected to the seat by nigerians?
elected by which nigerians?
Re: Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down by glimpse(f): 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2012
na wetin concern ACN 4 PDP matter? Abi Lai don turn PDP secretary too? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos To Harvest From 10,000 Hectares of Land Acquired From Other States / The Aftermath Of Jonathan's Cowardice Attitude And The Edo State Election / SDP Southwest House Of Assembly Candidates Declare Support For Tinubu/shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.