Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:37 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (382901 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by peace777: 9:57am On Jan 16, 2013
@Ikenna
Yes.

Ikenna351: @ peace777

Are you in Abuja?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:59am On Jan 16, 2013
peace777: @Ikenna
Yes.

Will call you then, so that we arrange how to meet. Thanks.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:17am On Jan 16, 2013
peace777: Ikenna,...and others i help ur help oh.

My Peugeot 607 is not starting.

i have a 607 hdi 2003, it has a new engine but refuses to start, get fuel to the pump but nothing after that. i had it put on fault reader and came up with cam and crank sensor out of sync. does anyone know how to sort this out. i ive been stuck with the car stiiting at the garage for 3weeks.
is thre anybody out there that can help?

Find below similar issues:

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/206-35/peugeot-206-hdi-not-starting-22801/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/407-41/peugeot-407-1-6-hdi-will-not-start-19773/

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/peugeot-406-hdi-wont-start-poss-immobiliser-issue-16500/

https://www.google.com.ng/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=hp&tok=DOZu66Yu81exaIIsoD8jbw&cp=27&gs_id=3k&xhr=t&q=Non+starting+of+Peugeot+HDI&es_nrs=true&pf=p&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&oq=Non+starting+of+Peugeot+HDI&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41018144,d.d2k&fp=ae770b9a10f9b0e&biw=1280&bih=902

If i may ask, does it show "key" sign on the instrument cluster when you crank the engine? Did you mistakenly tried to start the car leaving the driver's door open?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by peace777: 10:33am On Jan 16, 2013
@ikenna

Thanks.

I will check these out.

I cant remember oh.

But the Scanner error message is cam and crank out of sync.No signal in cam.

We change the sensor to the cam, still no head way.

Thanks.

hello Guys,

Still on my Pug 607 HDi.
We got a PP2000 to scan,the computer is not seeing or reading the ECU.The scanner can get to the BSI.No communication between the BSI and ECU at all.
The technician explained that my ECU is faulty and need replacement.That is why the car will not start because the ECU is faulty.The nossle will not open to allow fuell get to engine.But if you introduce fuel directly the car starts well.

Before now we cant read the ECU.It was giving cam and can not synchronising error.

Also i was told that we need to programmed the key with the new ECU and BSI to bring the entire system back in order.

I just need the third eye in this my issue and a advice for proper guidance.

Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:46am On Jan 16, 2013
peace777: @ikenna

Thanks.

I will check these out.

I cant remember oh.

But the Scanner error message is cam and crank out of sync.No signal in cam.

We change the sensor to the cam, still no head way.

Thanks.

Sounds like a timing issue.

The car will not start if the CKP (Crankshaft Position Sensor) is faulty. Thats where the ECU gets its electronic timing.

But since yours have Camshaft too, which does similar work with the CKP, it may have something to do with the two not signalling each other anymore. The pp2000 should fix that, i believe.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2013
peace777:

Vmware software allows you to installed other OS(operating system) on your machine.
I will be more thank willing to do it for you.
Vmware won't work.
Partitioning is better.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:59pm On Jan 16, 2013
bigx:
Vmware won't work.
Partitioning is better.

I wouldnt know why the guy i gave the laptop to couldnt succeed in installing the xp after the partitioning the HDD. I have even asked him to stop the partitioning and revert the HDD to default (500GB).

Meanwhile, someone succeeded in installing xp on his default Windows 8 system, via Client Hyper-V. Find it here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/install-windows-xp-in-windows-8-client-hyper-v/6732

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by peace777: 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2013
@Bigx

The Hyper-V is a kind of Virtual machine.It will do same as VmWare.They are bother Virtual.So virtualisation is possible.

"Now, before you get all excited, losing XP Mode was not part of some evil plan by Microsoft to push folks away from Windows XP. In fact, the reason for the disappearance of XP Mode is related to the differences in the hypervisor platforms used by Windows Virtual PC and Windows 8’s Client Hyper-V. Windows Virtual PC uses Type-2 hypervisor while Hyper-V is a Type 0 hypervisor. The differences in Hyper-V’s hypervisor type means that it can’t provide the same access that made XP Mode’s integration feature possible.

However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t still run a Windows XP on a virtual machine in Windows 8. In this post, I’ll show you how to install Windows XP in Windows 8 Client Hyper-V virtual machine. As I do, I’ll show you some of the neat features in Client Hyper-V."

Vmware will do the job.Even Server will work with vmware. Check out www.vmware.com.That is Cloud Computing at work.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2013
peace777: @Bigx

The Hyper-V is a kind of Virtual machine.It will do same as VmWare.They are bother Virtual.So virtualisation is possible.

"Now, before you get all excited, losing XP Mode was not part of some evil plan by Microsoft to push folks away from Windows XP. In fact, the reason for the disappearance of XP Mode is related to the differences in the hypervisor platforms used by Windows Virtual PC and Windows 8’s Client Hyper-V. Windows Virtual PC uses Type-2 hypervisor while Hyper-V is a Type 0 hypervisor. The differences in Hyper-V’s hypervisor type means that it can’t provide the same access that made XP Mode’s integration feature possible.

However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t still run a Windows XP on a virtual machine in Windows 8. In this post, I’ll show you how to install Windows XP in Windows 8 Client Hyper-V virtual machine. As I do, I’ll show you some of the neat features in Client Hyper-V."

Vmware will do the job.Even Server will work with vmware. Check out www.vmware.com.That is Cloud Computing at work.

All these grammer na Abracadabra to me! grin grin

Wetin concern me na make windows xp installation work, so that i can install and use my pp2000. Shikena.

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2013
Ikenna351:

All these grammer na Abracadabra to me! grin grin

Wetin concern me na make windows xp installation work, so that i can install and use my pp2000. Shikena.

Ikenna.
you just said my mind. Anyways dose wey understand d grammer go learn.
its just like u wen you dey pieces lion.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2013
Australian 2013 French Car Festival

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102438&p=1133181#post1133181

I wonder when we can pull a similar thing off.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
We r getting dre really soon. Atleast we now have this forum
Ikenna351: Australian 2013 French Car Festival

http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102438&p=1133181#post1133181

I wonder when we can pull a similar thing off.

Ikenna.
We r getting dre really soon. Atleast we now have this forum
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by cmax16: 1:35am On Jan 19, 2013
abdulkadir: We r getting dre really soon. Atleast we now have this forumWe r getting dre really soon. Atleast we now have this forum

How much would a clean original LHD Peugeot 406 (grade 1 if you like) be in the current naija market? a friend told me he bought his own with a total of about N1.3M from Cotonou.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 7:14am On Jan 20, 2013
cmax1.6:

How much would a clean original LHD Peugeot 406 (grade 1 if you like) be in the current naija market? a friend told me he bought his own with a total of about N1.3M from Cotonou.

thats around the landing cost from cotonou & europe. Tho it cld be slightly lower or even higher.
i learnt dat you cld get it for abt 1m in niger republic. But i dont think its worth d stress if you are not up north.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Kingsleyadima: 11:57am On Jan 20, 2013
Happy to be on this great forum. Me and my frieds are all peugeot 406 fans. We all own one. I just got mine sha. Its a D8 old model with d XU10 engine.
1. Which total oil is required for XU10 engine? I stay in makurdi, benue state. Which oil is good for our hot weather? Q5000 or 7000?

2. My D8 has a radio dat does not keep memory. Once u off de radio, u will have to tune it all over again even if u saved the channels. Is it a setting it requires or a fault?

Waiting for ur reply. Tanx everybody
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:33pm On Jan 20, 2013
Kingsley adima:
Happy to be on this great forum. Me and my frieds are all peugeot 406 fans. We all own one. I just got mine sha. Its a D8 old model with d XU10 engine.
1. Which total oil is required for XU10 engine? I stay in makurdi, benue state. Which oil is good for our hot weather? Q5000 or 7000?

2. My D8 has a radio dat does not keep memory. Once u off de radio, u will have to tune it all over again even if u saved the channels. Is it a setting it requires or a fault?

Waiting for ur reply. Tanx everybody

1. That depends on the mileage. Notwithstanding, use 15W 50 Quartz 7000.

2. Find the owners manual here on page 7 and download. You will find the answer to it, including others.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2013
I sold my 605 V6 today. Sad face! embarassed

While the new owner was driving out with the car, i was just gazing at the car at the tail, while it was fading away. I started to miss the car immediately.

The guy came in from Lokoja this afternoon, inspected and closed the deal. He drove off to Lokoja around 5:30pm. He called me mins ago that he arrived Lokoja mins ago, safe and sound, that the car didnt cough on the whole 3 hours journey on that Abuja-Lokoja highway this night. Of course, i knew it wont cough, because I know what Lions are capable of. They will take you wherever you want to go and bring you back, leaving you smiling. No brand can take that away from Peugeot.

Well, it had to go for another to come in. But will surely miss it. I have done a lot of trip with that Lion and it really served the purpose it came for. Farewel!

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 10:20pm On Jan 20, 2013
So whch is coming in. D v6 fox or a ford?
farewell 605..smh
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:17pm On Jan 20, 2013
abdulkadir: So whch is coming in. D v6 fox or a ford?
farewell 605..smh

By D9/Fox V6, by the Grace of God.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 3:27am On Jan 21, 2013
Ikenna351: I sold my 605 V6 today. Sad face! embarassed

While the new owner was driving out with the car, i was just gazing at the car at the tail, while it was fading away. I started to miss the car immediately.

The guy came in from Lokoja this afternoon, inspected and closed the deal. He drove off to Lokoja around 5:30pm. He called me mins ago that he arrived Lokoja mins ago, safe and sound, that the car didnt cough on the whole 3 hours journey on that Abuja-Lokoja highway this night. Of course, i knew it wont cough, because I know what Lions are capable of. They will take you wherever you want to go and bring you back, leaving you smiling. No brand can take that away from Peugeot.

Well, it had to go for another to come in. But will surely miss it. I have done a lot of trip with that Lion and it really served the purpose it came for. Farewel!

Ikenna.
what brand of lion will u replace it with?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 10:21am On Jan 21, 2013
Ikenna351:

By D9/Fox V6, by the Grace of God.

Ikenna.

nice, good luck nd all d best.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Kingsleyadima: 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ikenna351: I sold my 605 V6 today. Sad face! embarassed

Ikenna.

Ikenna, tanx for ur reply yestday. God will keep blessing good people like u and everybody in this forum with a lion.

Kingsleyadima
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by samoy(m): 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ikenna, may God bless u for the good work u're doing. Pls, help! My display(the one above d cd player) is cleaning off gradually. This started about 4days ago. Pls,wat could be responsible for this and a possible solution. My lion is peug 406 2004model.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
samoy: Ikenna, may God bless u for the good work u're doing. Pls, help! My display(the one above d cd player) is cleaning off gradually. This started about 4days ago. Pls,wat could be responsible for this and a possible solution. My lion is peug 406 2004model.

Did you mount Liquid Car Air Freshner on the vent directly above the display screen?

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by samoy(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2013
Ikenna351:

Did you mount Liquid Car Air Freshner on the vent directly above the display screen?

Ikenna.
Yes,buh d air freshner has finished. Pls,wats d solution? Waiting for ur reply pls
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 22, 2013
samoy: Ikenna, may God bless u for the good work u're doing. Pls, help! My display(the one above d cd player) is cleaning off gradually. This started about 4days ago. Pls,wat could be responsible for this and a possible solution. My lion is peug 406 2004model.

Same with my Peugeot. I never mounted any airfreshener though. I read somewhere that the bulb may be responsible. Mine has finally faded completely and it's now totally blank. Will like to knw of a solution too.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by olashow(m): 3:29pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hello house,

My car: 2004, Peugeot 407, 1.8l petrol.

Scan resultsad1.) Pedal sensor incoherence of signal 1 and 2.
(2.) Permanent fault- RCD line control.
(3.) EGR solenoid valve control open circuit or short circuit to earth.

Symptoms: car suddenly stalls, revs up to about 1500 rpms and never higher even when accelerator is fully depressed. Car goes back to normal after turning off for approx 5 mins.

I hope someone can help.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by FiftyFifty(m): 10:40pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hello Mr Ikenna! One finds it difficult to believe that people like u still exist in ds Country. Ur views on Peugeot is encouraging, interesting & indeed educating. More power to ur elbow! Permit me to inform u dt YOU (yes, u of course) & my UK based childhood friend have successfully changed my mind from Toyota Matrix to Peugeot 406. Now d question is: is there any major difference between 406 2002 & 2003 Models? And, which engine do u recommend between EW10 & EW12? Many thanks for all u have bn & have a pleasant night rest.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by eromosere: 12:53pm On Jan 23, 2013
Can anyone help me out pls. I just got a peugeot 406 with EW 10 engine and
4HP Automatic gearbox. It just started showing automatic gear fault
And after diagnosing, showed intermittent fault on d gearbox sensor signal and some solaniod faults.
I cleared and try driving d car, it will only chage from 1-2 den pop d error message with d blinking light on d dash board and the care will still change normal till I slow down to pick up movement before it starts dragging.
I have changed d gear oil. I guaged it with 6ltrs of oando transmission oil. Before this when the old oil was removed, it only filled a ltre meaning there was no oil in the gear.
Now there is oil, I've even tried changing the black switch tied to d selector and its still thesame,m
I have minimize d use of d car to avoid further problem, pls can anyone suggest a solution?
I drove dat car from lagos to benue with no fault till I took d car for body work. As I was taking d car from d workshop the problem started.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
So sorry about ur ayto tranny. Thats what you have to deal with 206,306 nd 406 dey all have same kind of box.
There is alikely hood that ur panel beater/painter took ur car unsolicited to be washed with high pressured water. Wch is a no-no for ur car. He did that or not ur gear box is likely to have d issues anyways. In most review dat is d problem with d al4 tranny so dey rebuild in abt a 100k kms. If u have the patience to go thru dis thread ikenna & other posters have shared a link and or discussed d issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.