Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384911 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 1:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
Ikenna351:
How to Prevent Breakdown & Expensive Repairs in Peugeot cars DVD is out!

Find the details in link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1942595/how-prevent-breakdown-expensive-repairs#27027366

Ikenna

God bless you Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by osundu(m): 1:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
My lion 408 A siezed on my way to abuja and to add to de confusion de fuel pump slowed de journey with stop,cool and continue.do I scan before fixing?pls help with ur response.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
osundu:
My lion 408 A siezed on my way to abuja and to add to de confusion de fuel pump slowed de journey with stop,cool and continue.do I scan before fixing?pls help with ur response.

Scan First. You can also check the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
osundu:

How far with the car? Have you been able to fix her? Are you in Abuja?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:26am On Oct 14, 2014
We still have space in WhatsApp Lion's family 2, in case you are interested to join.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by TossFTW: 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
I'm from Brazil please add me +55 54 91xxxxxx
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
TossFTW:
I'm from Brazil please add me +5....

Its done.

You can edit or remove your phone number from your post.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by stevetop(m): 3:16am On Oct 15, 2014
please add me my number is 07033871262
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:05am On Oct 15, 2014
stevetop:
please add me my number is

Done.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by segzyndpep(m): 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
Is it possible to install d reverse camera in a 407 that it isn't factory installed?and if possible will all the function still work?like showing signal wen dere is fault with the electrical
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
segzyndpep:

Is it possible to install d reverse camera in a 407 that it isn't factory installed?and if possible will all the function still work?like showing signal wen dere is fault with the electrical

Aftermarket reverse camera with it own screen may work. But I would be very careful with the installation. Because if you run it through BSI, it may corrupt the BSI unit. Unless you are ready to run the connection independent of BSI unit.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by segzyndpep(m): 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
Can I run it indepently?what about those alert I get on dashboard when there is a fault.wont it alter it?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Almaiga: 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
Ikena add me 080****
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
segzyndpep:
Can I run it indepently?what about those alert I get on dashboard when there is a fault.wont it alter it?

Like I said in previous post, I believe you can run it independent of BSI unit, which means your Mono or Nagivation screen functions remain the same.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
Almaiga:
Ikena add me

Done.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by leximore001(m): 8:14pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hi ikenna add me. 07037421839.

I also noticed you don't talk about the 206, I drive one and it's really cool.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 6:27am On Oct 20, 2014
Finally took arrival of NGK spark plugs for my lion from Amazon U.S, been meaning to do her well for the past couple of weeks for her faithfulness all through my many journeys this year... In any case I ve not been too comfortably with whats been in my hood ever since I changed that which came with the car. So tomorrow my lion gets new plugs, will also change my brake fluid, been using standard e5 brake fluid but just learnt from the instruction on the cap of my brake fluid gauge that the recommended brake fluid grade for my lion is Dot4, never known the diff all th while but I simply head to the Total retail outlet here in makurdi. Actually not been so impressed with the performance of my brake for some time now . Have a great Sunday folks!

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by obawale(m): 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
pls add me my number is 07034051302
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by obawale(m): 12:05am On Oct 22, 2014
my peugeot 406 2003 estate petrol engine is still showing anti pollution fault. i have changed the complete exhaust pipe and the fuel pump but the result is still same. pls. help me Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by tsiriman(m): 12:38am On Oct 22, 2014
Please how much is Peugeot 301?

If truly import tariff goes to 70% by Jan 2015 then this might be the only car to buy, I ain't buying this Hyundai or kia crap.

Please anyone knows the price of a loaded 301?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:51am On Oct 22, 2014
tsiriman:
Please how much is Peugeot 301?

If truly import tariff goes to 70% by Jan 2015 then this might be the only car to buy, I ain't buying this Hyundai or kia crap.

Please anyone knows the price of a loaded 301?

We have 301 Access, Active and Allure.

Find the prices in 2013 below, at 2013 Abuja Auto fair

https://www.nairaland.com/1495845/2013-abuja-intl-motor-fair

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:56am On Oct 22, 2014
obawale:
my peugeot 406 2003 estate petrol engine is still showing anti pollution fault. i have changed the complete exhaust pipe and the fuel pump but the result is still same. pls. help me Ikenna.

Ha! You are very funny. Are you saying you changed your exhaust because you were getting Anti-pollution fault warning on your MFD?

The warning is simply telling you something is wrong with your injection or ignition system, which could be a simple malfunction of one of the components on these systems. Did you scan the car before you changed the exhaust?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by tsiriman(m): 1:13am On Oct 22, 2014
Ikenna351:

We have 301 Access, Active and Allure.

Find the prices in 2013 below, at 2013 Abuja Auto fair

https://www.nairaland.com/1495845/2013-abuja-intl-motor-fair

Ikenna

Thank you
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by RapzyJ: 11:19am On Oct 22, 2014
Hello,

Can someone tell me if Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) is the same as Vehicle Speed Sensor.

Post a link to the page that talked on AC issues (leaking evaporator, valve, etc)

@Ikenna,

Good Job on that CD you produced, would love to have copies and would definitely send a message to you later for details of getting it.

Thanks for the good work EVERYONE!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
RapzyJ:
Hello,

Can someone tell me if Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP) is the same as Vehicle Speed Sensor.

Post a link to the page that talked on AC issues (leaking evaporator, valve, etc)

@Ikenna,

Good Job on that CD you produced, would love to have copies and would definitely send a message to you later for details of getting it.

Thanks for the good work EVERYONE!

No, the crankshaft position sensor, otherwise known as engine speed sensor or rpm sensor, is different from Vehicle speed sensor, otherwise known as transducer.

Transducer (vehicle speed sensor) reports vehicle speed to BSI unit and BSI unit controls the speedometer with the report on instrument panel.

While rpm sensor (crankshaft position sensor) reports the engine speed to engine ECU while monitoring the spinning of flywheel. The engine ECU uses the report to power the coil pack and injectors, and also controls the Tachometer with it.

As for the DVD, will call you on that.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ananwune: 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ikenne pls add ♍ƺ 07040003188. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
ananwune:
Ikenne pls add ♍ƺ 070. Thanks

Done.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
Talking about maintaining our lions... its really getting so frustrating one cant readily lay hands on recommended oil for 406, am told that quartz 7000 total oil is bought immediately it is supplied by interest groups in Makurdi. The frequent scarcity of quartz 7000 is worrisome and annoying.

@ Ikenna, usually flog my lion for 6000 kilometres on quart 7000. Whats the maximum usage for quartz 5000 pls? Need to travel on Wednesday and need to change oil, looking like I ll have to make do with quart 5000 since the quartz 7000 is becoming something else. Frustrating and annoying. Also whats the equivalent of quartz 7000 in other brands like Mobil? I hate begging for what I ll eventually pay for with my hard earned money jo...
thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
wisesystem:
Talking about maintaining our lions... its really getting so frustrating one cant readily lay hands on recommended oil for 406, am told that quartz 7000 total oil is bought immediately it is supplied by interest groups in Makurdi. The frequent scarcity of quartz 7000 is worrisome and annoying.

@ Ikenna, usually flog my lion for 6000 kilometres on quart 7000. Whats the maximum usage for quartz 5000 pls? Need to travel on Wednesday and need to change oil, looking like I ll have to make do with quart 5000 since the quartz 7000 is becoming something else. Frustrating and annoying. Also whats the equivalent of quartz 7000 in other brands like Mobil? I hate begging for what I ll eventually pay for with my hard earned money jo...
thanks.

I don't think Mobil has Total Quartz 7000 equivalent in Nigeria, that is 10w40 or 15w50 (semi synthetic).

As for Quartz 5000, I don't know about it in EW engine. But I use it in my ZN3J and change it every 6 months.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 6:55am On Oct 28, 2014
Ikenna351:

I don't think Mobil has Total Quartz 7000 equivalent in Nigeria, that is 10w40 or 15w50 (semi synthetic).

As for Quartz 5000, I don't know about it in EW engine. But I use it in my ZN3J and change it every 6 months.

Ikenna

Ok thanks. I hear the bulk buyers of quartz 7000 usually resell later at a higher price here. Will check today and if I dont get use the quartz 5000 at least for my trip tomorrow. Do have great day!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by zsch: 10:46pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ikenna351 what is your opinion on Peugeot 3008 parts availability. It seems incredible scarce. I for one have never seen the vehicle in Nigeria though I know there are owners.

Thoughts on reliability too please?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:51am On Oct 31, 2014
zsch:
Ikenna351 what is your opinion on Peugeot 3008 parts availability. It seems incredible scarce. I for one have never seen the vehicle in Nigeria though I know there are owners.

Thoughts on reliability too please?

The 3008 is all over Abuja road, including 4008. So I am surprised you have not seen the Lion, unless you don't stay in Abuja.

As for parts availability. Its a brand new vehicle. No tokunbo yet. So I don't expect you to start seeing parts in spare parts market, except in Peugeot dealerships scattered all over the country. You don't expect to service a brand new vehicle in under mango tree mechanic workshop, do you?

Ikenna

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

Viewing this topic: sixoath(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.