Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,842 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:03 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (382893 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by headTO: 4:14pm On Jan 25, 2015
Not yet. I live in Abuja where do I get the scanner.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by headTO: 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2015
Ikenna351:

What engine?

Have you scanned it with PP2000?

Ikenna
I don't know where to get the scanner. Meanwhile I stay in Abuja
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
headTO:
I don't know where to get the scanner. Meanwhile I stay in Abuja

Contact me off the forum to discuss about the scan. I stay in Abuja too and I have the PP2000. My phone no. is 08052811236. Thank you.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by slinkky(m): 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2015
Ikenna good afternoon, i was driving and after making a u-turn, my steering suddenly became very stiff. i checked the power steering fluid level it was ok. I continued driving with the stiff steering since there was no mechanic around to check it for me. After going a distance of about 20km, i hit a pot hole and suddenly the steering became normal, but became stiff again after i made another U turn to get in to my house. What do you think could be the problem.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:39am On Feb 01, 2015
slinkky:
Ikenna good afternoon, i was driving and after making a u-turn, my steering suddenly became very stiff. i checked the power steering fluid level it was ok. I continued driving with the stiff steering since there was no mechanic around to check it for me. After going a distance of about 20km, i hit a pot hole and suddenly the steering became normal, but became stiff again after i made another U turn to get in to my house. What do you think could be the problem.

What lion is that?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by slinkky(m): 2:25am On Feb 01, 2015
Thanks for your response sir the problem has been fixed. It was a blown fuse that caused it. Its a 307
Ikenna351:

What lion is that?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gloryon(m): 10:59am On Feb 01, 2015
Dear house please what's the market value of a 2008 607. It's urgent please.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by masaratiti(m): 12:29pm On Feb 01, 2015
Pls Ikenna, I await ur response.

quote author=masaratiti post=30018828]Thank you Ikenna. I understand u. Well; I'll be positive about it that it would work. However; if it doesn't; that'll be my luck. I can still gamble with that cost. Thanks & Gd morning!

quote author=Ikenna351 post=30016557]

My concern is what if I help you by buying a used one here in Abuja, send it to you, you mount it and it refused to work. What will happen? You will return it to me to get you another omw or refund your money, right? That's what I am not comfortable with . You can't know how good an MFD is until you mount it in the lion. And I am not ready for that stress that goes with returning and resending stuff. I hop you understand. Good morning.

Ikenna[/quote]
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
gloryon:
Dear house please what's the market value of a 2008 607. It's urgent please.

Tokunbo Z9 cost over 2m.

Send the VIN to confirm to you if actually is Z9.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2015
masaratiti:
Pls Ikenna, I await ur response.

quote author=masaratiti post=30018828]Thank you Ikenna. I understand u. Well; I'll be positive about it that it would work. However; if it doesn't; that'll be my luck. I can still gamble with that cost. Thanks & Gd morning!

quote author=Ikenna351 post=30016557]

My concern is what if I help you by buying a used one here in Abuja, send it to you, you mount it and it refused to work. What will happen? You will return it to me to get you another omw or refund your money, right? That's what I am not comfortable with . You can't know how good an MFD is until you mount it in the lion. And I am not ready for that stress that goes with returning and resending stuff. I hop you understand. Good morning.

Ikenna

Call or send me WhatsApp message off the house. 08052811236.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2015
ikenna pls how durable is D9 engine
D8 especially. Thanks
XU engines how durable and reliable are they. I thought the xu engines are the once called the D8 engines.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
Schwarzenegger:
ikenna pls how durable is D9 engine
D8 especially. Thanks

I don't understand the question. D9 engine D8 especially?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gloryon(m): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ikenna351,thanks for the quick response. But what's the meaning of z9? The car is kinda far from for now,cant get the vin. Feel the car is too big for me,thats why I want to sell and get a sound 307. But I should get the delivery of the 607 in 2 weeks max. Please what do you advise?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 11:42pm On Feb 01, 2015
is XU engines also known as the D8 engine. How durable ans reliable are XU10 engine.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:02pm On Feb 02, 2015
gloryon:
Ikenna351,thanks for the quick response. But what's the meaning of z9? The car is kinda far from for now,cant get the vin. Feel the car is too big for me,thats why I want to sell and get a sound 307. But I should get the delivery of the 607 in 2 weeks max. Please what do you advise?

Z9 is another name for facelifted, phase II or series II 607, from late 2004 to 2010. Z8 is the series 1 (1999-2004).

As for choosing 307 over 607, I can't comment on that, since I choose my lions myself. I chose 607 because I want it and deserve it.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2015
Schwarzenegger:
is XU engines also known as the D8 engine. How durable ans reliable are XU10 engine.

All petrol 4-cylinder engines in D8 were XU engines. But then, some early D9 had XU engines as well, together with 307, 806, etc. So D8 cant claim ownership of XU engines.

As for reliability, XU engines are as reliable as other engines in Lions. EW engines succeeded XU engines, an improvement.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2015
Ikenna please what does D8 and D9 stands for?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:00pm On Feb 03, 2015
Schwarzenegger:
Ikenna please what does D8 and D9 stands for?

D8 is phase I 406 (1995-1998), while D9 is restyled, facelifted or phase II 406 (1999-2004+).

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by happydude: 1:25am On Feb 05, 2015
Hi Mr ikenna . Pls I am about to buy a Peugeot 307 a tokunbo one from a friend but has an issuse which is, when my friend was bringing the car from Lagos to Abuja he had an overheating issuse which affected the top or head gasket . I don't know if it is not done properly will it has have a serious side effect on the engine or should I just forget about it and the car is not in Abuja . Thanks a lot bro
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dave1987: 7:26am On Feb 05, 2015
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2015
happydude:
Hi Mr ikenna . Pls I am about to buy a Peugeot 307 a tokunbo one from a friend but has an issuse which is, when my friend was bringing the car from Lagos to Abuja he had an overheating issuse which affected the top or head gasket . I don't know if it is not done properly will it has have a serious side effect on the engine or should I just forget about it and the car is not in Abuja . Thanks a lot bro

I really find it difficult to understand why a Peugeot engine head gasket should fail or get burnt. Because I know the Kind of warning a CAN-bus system in that 307 would give even before it gets to stage of damaging head gasket, yet people will keep driving the car even with "coolant temperature too high. Engine oil temperature too high. Stop! Stop! Stop! Blinking, with loud beep sound to stop the car, yet people will ignore and continue driving the car with all that warning on MFD and instrument panel until the car finally stops moving on its own (which by that time the head gasket is gone), they will turn around and tell the whole world that care to listen that "Peugeot cars are unreliable!". What an abuse!

I really don't know what to say in your case.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by princejones(m): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ikenna pls am not deviating,or bringing my problem to your trend but pls l know you could be of help to me,check out my post in Hard starting on Honda legend and help me,thanks in anticipation.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 8:14pm On Feb 07, 2015
Ikenna please, where in 406 wagon can i check or find the car model year or production year. Thanks...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:55am On Feb 08, 2015
Schwarzenegger:
Ikenna please, where in 406 wagon can i check or find the car model year or production year. Thanks...

Check on all the 4 door glasses, including the rear glass. You will find some numbers written on the bottom. On the last line, you will see something like .....6. The 6 represents the model or production year. That is, if its D9, then you should first find out the production years of D9. So the 6 there stands for 2006. If its D8, the 6 will stand for 1996 model year.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Coord: 10:39am On Feb 08, 2015
I just joined this forum and have no regrets at all. I am interested in a 307 (the type given to military officers) I have heard all sorts of reservations ranging from high maintenance cost to expensive parts but I love the interior. Any advice ?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2015
Coord:
I just joined this forum and have no regrets at all. I am interested in a 307 (the type given to military officers) I have heard all sorts of reservations ranging from high maintenance cost to expensive parts but I love the interior. Any advice ?

307 is nice.i ordered one from frenchbase(nairalander)from france,it was deliver yesday.i love it.....
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Coord: 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2015
Yes the 307 should live up to the credible reputation its predecessors like the 504, 505 have among Nigerian users but first time users such as me are left unsure with the bad press found online and by word of mouth especially concerning the 307.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 10, 2015
206 showing spanner sign, what could be the cause? is it time to change break pad again, cos whenever it does that and I change the pads, it disappears. expert opinion pls

IKENNA
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 11:19pm On Feb 10, 2015
Tesiday:
206 showing spanner sign, what could be the cause? is it time to change break pad again, cos whenever it does that and I change the pads, it disappears. expert opinion pls

IKENNA

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2015
Tesiday:

IKENNA

Its a service light, to let you know when to do a major service.

To cut it short, below is how to reset the service light:

Switch off the ignition switch. Look for a button on instrument panel written '000'. Press and hold the button down. Switch on the ignition with the button pressed down. You will see on that mileage screen "-10". Keep holding that button down. The -10 will start counting down till it reaches 00. Now you can release the '000' button. Switch off the ignition. After 5 seconds, switch it back on. It will show you a small spanner sign with the next due service km and goes away. The spanner sign will remain off with ignition on and engine running till the next 20,000 km or 40k, depending on how they programmed the instrument panel.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2015
Ikenna, please how much is XU10 engine. Thanks Chidi
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2015
How can i differentiate between XU7 and XU10. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.