Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:13 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (382858 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by TEEZERS: 2:14pm On May 12, 2015
DrObum:
Hello house,
What could be the cause of a squealing sound from the brakes when the brake pedal is pushed down firmly ( the sound isn't there when the brake pedal is just softly pushed down). Its just embarrassing and I just recently changed the brake pads.
A 406 EW10 D9.
Thanks

Hello, This has to do with the quality of brake pad material installed in your vehicle.
Where did you purchase the brake pads, are they OEM or aftermarket and how much did they cost?
A good OEM brake pad for your vehicle should not squeal when you brake just as well as a genuine after market brake pad with OE quality.
This squealing will cause damage to your brake discs(rotor) down the road and the ugly truth is that OEM or aftermarket brake discs are expensive.

pls check the links below

http:///auto-parts-retail

http:///2008-2013-toyota-sequoia-front-brake-pads-1391949
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by megamindmaster(m): 2:01pm On May 13, 2015
Been following this thread recently and am so glad to connect to fellow "lion" owners. Ikenna particular you have been doing a great job here. You are so rich in experience with lions. Glad to her u here. Am a new lion owner. My 406 recovered from an accident has just been going through some recent maintenance. The most recent one is that the car jerks at times and is giving me concern. Some times its so bad. I heard it can either be the fuel injector or the coil. I am not sure which it is yet. Was adviced to always have a full tank and five it to see whether it will continue cos it gets worst when an low on fuel. I have and it is still occurring. Though not so much. I have used injector cleaner n its still there. Guys am thinking of having it cleaned manually cos the car have been there a while, or could it be a coil issue? What should I possibly do? I want tO kno before I commit my car to these mechanics, cos I have not trusted any. Thanks a lot
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:45pm On May 13, 2015
megamindmaster:
Been following this thread recently and am so glad to connect to fellow "lion" owners. Ikenna particular you have been doing a great job here. You are so rich in experience with lions. Glad to her u here. Am a new lion owner. My 406 recovered from an accident has just been going through some recent maintenance. The most recent one is that the car jerks at times and is giving me concern. Some times its so bad. I heard it can either be the fuel injector or the coil. I am not sure which it is yet. Was adviced to always have a full tank and five it to see whether it will continue cos it gets worst when an low on fuel. I have and it is still occurring. Though not so much. I have used injector cleaner n its still there. Guys am thinking of having it cleaned manually cos the car have been there a while, or could it be a coil issue? What should I possibly do? I want tO kno before I commit my car to these mechanics, cos I have not trusted any. Thanks a lot

50/50 your coils were swapped with a bad one.

If in lagos contact me. 08023251039
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by megamindmaster(m): 2:59pm On May 13, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

50/50 your coils were swapped with a bad one.

If in lagos contact me. 08023251039
I am not in Lagos, I am in Enugu. Though I have had one mechanic guy work on other stuffs, I need to know better before we go on. Any trial an error will keep costing me. From the symptoms above. What could this be? Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 14, 2015
Mr Ikenna pls do kindly add me to the watsapp group. +233548782367
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by toibatife: 4:31pm On May 14, 2015
once again, Gazzuz thank u,. u r da man. Ikenna, God bless. my 307sw is back. EW10A in da house.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:20am On May 15, 2015
toibatife:
once again, Gazzuz thank u,. u r da man. Ikenna, God bless. my 307sw is back. EW10A in da house.

Thank you. That's very good to hear.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by megamindmaster(m): 8:05am On May 15, 2015
Hello Ikenna, can u pls add to to the WhatsApp group? 08099367484. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by klint16: 9:58am On May 15, 2015
Good morning everyone, @ikenna please where can I get a good stepper motor for my first wife(406 ew10)? She has been embracing me with brake and quench. I really need to give her what she wants before she ruins me. My mechanic tried using cabretor cleaner but we found out that it has crake inside and the parts sellers said I cannot get a good one without buying it with nozzles. but my nozzles are still in very good condition. I just need where I can get only the original stepper motor. I base in abuja.

Secondly, my speed meter on the instrument cluster is not working.just only the speed meter every other thing works ok. Is it that the speed sensor is not good or its corroded? Please how can I resolve this issues?

Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:07pm On May 15, 2015
klint16:
Good morning everyone, @ikenna please where can I get a good stepper motor for my first wife(406 ew10)? She has been embracing me with brake and quench. I really need to give her what she wants before she ruins me. My mechanic tried using cabretor cleaner but we found out that it has crake inside and the parts sellers said I cannot get a good one without buying it with nozzles. but my nozzles are still in very good condition. I just need where I can get only the original stepper motor. I base in abuja.

Secondly, my speed meter on the instrument cluster is not working.just only the speed meter every other thing works ok. Is it that the speed sensor is not good or its corroded? Please how can I resolve this issues?

Thanks.

What you need is a throttle body for the idle issues, and not the entire intake. Then for the speed needle not working 9/10 cases are caused by a faulty speed sensor located on the gearbox. Iv noticed the speed sensor gets bad when the gearbox is overfilled with gearoil.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by yaso(m): 11:32am On May 17, 2015
Hello house...
Yesterday while driving my car(206) I noticed some few jerkings and I thought it was one of those things..This morning the car gave me a hard start. please guys what could be the issue here...I need advice please
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by skobaskata: 9:14am On May 20, 2015
klint16:

Thanks.
.-.....I've had issues with Stepper motor on my coupe 406 severally.Im based in Asaba so what I do is to go to Nmuka obosi in onitsha n get one.Unfortunately its hard finding a brand new one. D Belgium ones cost btw 1k n 15 here, but ususally due to rapport dey give me several ones to go check which of dem works well. Most times dey end up nt wrking. You may nt need to change d throttle body most times. Once u get a good stepper u r good. I saw a vid online abt maintainin it, dont touch d end where d sensor is, neither shuld u screw it when u loose it out. If u get a good one ur idle n off, break n off issues will disappear. Also,frm experience, I notice running ur car on low fuel level regularly can lead to issues wit d stepper motor because carbon builds up in the stepper n disturbs its function, so fill up regularly to avoid damaging d stepper motor and oda tins
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by skobaskata: 9:20am On May 20, 2015
Never knew there's a whatsapp group now. Ive been a Lion user for 3yrs nw n I kno d importance of peer forums avin progressed frm novice who was prey to mechanics to an expert in repairs. I fix most issues myself nw except difficult ones.Pls add me to d whatsapp group oga Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by phnibeogu: 3:17pm On May 22, 2015
Ikenna351:

Prestige is a badge given to some 406 produced by PAN. It's also a specification of a particular 406 produced by PAN, just like we have SR, ST, LX, GLX, SV, V6, etc.

It's not only 406 with factory prestige badge that has EW10 engine.

Ikenna

hello ikenna. am confused a bit. I want a lion with good auto tranny.. that doesn't develop problems. heard 406 is better with manual...is 407 a good car. is it on same maintenance level and reliable as 406? tnx
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 3:44pm On May 23, 2015
Hello house
Please which engine is this?

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:37pm On May 23, 2015
king406:
Hello house
Please which engine is this?

1.6 L TU5 I4 (petrol) found in the 307.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 9:58pm On May 23, 2015
Thanks gazzuzz. But this is the engine in my 207. I guess it shares the same engine with 307..
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 10:03pm On May 23, 2015
king406:
Thanks gazzuzz. But this is the engine in my 207. I guess it shares the same engine with 307..
Not all 307.....mine came with ew10 some with ew7
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by king406(m): 10:48pm On May 23, 2015
gambus007:

Not all 307.....mine came with ew10 some with ew7
u mean same ew10 that 406 uses?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 7:42am On May 24, 2015
king406:
u mean same ew10 that 406 uses?
yes
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by salihumaibeni(m): 10:13am On May 26, 2015
I'm a lion user nd a good fan...lives nd wrk in abuja wanna get ride of my lion 406 EW10 lether fabric interior in good working condition...wanna get HDI 16 407 diesel 2006 model... whts ur catch.
Pls mr @Ikenna351 @king406 what the problem of this model HDI 16 diesel wanna pay for it advice me asap

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by salihumaibeni(m): 10:20am On May 26, 2015
@ Ikenna351 pls advice me on 407 HDI 16 2006 model, Wht the basic problems of these diesel engine here in nija got one wanna pay for soon.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:13pm On May 26, 2015
salihumaibeni:
I'm a lion user nd a good fan...lives nd wrk in abuja wanna get ride of my lion 406 EW10 lether fabric interior in good working condition...wanna get HDI 16 407 diesel 2006 model... whts ur catch.
Pls mr @Ikenna351 @king406 what the problem of this model HDI 16 diesel wanna pay for it advice me asap

Do you have access to a Peugeot diesel mechanic in Abuja or you are a DIY lion owner?

Besides, have you done proper investigation starting with VIN details of the 407?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by salihumaibeni(m): 8:14am On May 27, 2015
Ikenna351:

Do you have access to a Peugeot diesel mechanic in Abuja or you are a DIY lion owner?

Besides, have you done proper investigation starting with VIN details of the 407?

Ikenna

Mr ik I've done investigation on the car ask a lion mechanic to test nd cheak it on buh didn't have the VIN no. Not yet a diesel owner wanna pay for the car. Whre can I locate diesel mechanic in abuja. Pls
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 7:30pm On May 27, 2015
Ikenna pls how can i change the writings on a 406 display screen from german to english. Thanks. Chidi
The car was used in germany, so the writings are in germans. Almost similar, but without a cd player, just cassette player.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:14pm On May 27, 2015
Schwarzenegger:
Ikenna pls how can i change the writings on a 406 display screen from german to english. Thanks. Chidi
The car was used in germany, so the writings are in germans.

It depends on the 406 model. Is it the type on the attached picture?

Ikenna

1 Share

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 6:37am On May 28, 2015
It doesn't have cd, just cassette plaýer
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:20pm On May 28, 2015
Schwarzenegger:
It doesn't have cd, just cassette plaýer

I was not referring to the headunit (radio). I meant the MFD (Multifunction display) above the heating/ventilation control panel/switches.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Schwarzenegger: 11:06pm On May 28, 2015
[quote author=Ikenna351 post=34178715]

I was not referring to the headunit (radio). I meant the MFD (Multifunction display) above the heating/ventilation control panel/switches.

Ikenna

The MFD is the same. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.