Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384936 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:55pm On Jun 10, 2018
ROADTRIP AND RED BULL ENERGY DRINK: MY PERSPECTIVE.

Adventures are blissful experiences a man can hardly forget because of how it renews one. Experiences gathered do help one to let go of some beliefs or perspectives he holds but don't serve him, at least, not anymore. It's a biological trait men crave for.

One of them is road trip. I mean, I do love road trips and love doing it alone. However, how safe do we keep ourselves while in these journeys? Let's apply some facts and logic here, shall we?

I have tried on many occasions before I set out on a long distance drive or road trip to sleep more than 5-7 hours before I set out, just to prevent fatigue or feeling sleepy on highway behind the wheel. But I always end up experiencing what I tried to prevent. My observation is that the longer I stay behind the wheel, the more awake I stay. Also, the faster I push the car, the more wide open my eyes stay. But then, circumstances could make me stop to do something off the vehicle while in the journey, and as soon as I got back and drive off, sleep would come few minutes later (like 20-30 minutes). Even when I have a company in the vehicle, the conversation could be very distracting to me and makes me sad throughout the journey, unless the person is not talkative or likes arguing with someone behind steering wheel on highway, like women enjoying doing. So, staying awake behind wheels on roadtrips has always been a challenge until I came across energy drinks.

Some would argue why not stop over and sleep for few minutes before you continue. Well and good. But those who do lots of long distance drive on Nigerian roads would tell you it sounds good in theory, but in practical, if you try it on most Nigerian highways, you could end that journey right there or lose that vehicle, that is if they leave you alive. Some would also argue that Energy drinks are not good for ones health, for it could bring up some ailments in future, because of caffeine in some of them. Some even claimed it could render a man impotent (like I care). There are so many claims by both medical experts and non experts on consumption of energy drinks, on how detrimental it is to human body. One thing I know is, the very first time I took energy drink (about 3 hours into a journey on a highway), the sleepiness and fatigue varnished like it never happened (even though I was struggling to keep my eyes open before I suddenly decided to stop). Just one can of energy drink was all it took me to drive the remaining hours as active as I never was or experienced in a long journey. I was sold since then and all the claim people were making about energy drink that kept me away for so long became rubbish.

It could kill. Yeah, So? What is more important? Have myself smashed against a rock or tree off the road because I don't want to have some side effects from a drink in 10-30 years later, which is not even certain? Or take care of myself that moment to get to my target destination with my full body intact, including the vehicle? Why do people worry so much about future that they are willing to kill themselves now or in the present even before the future comes?

I am not suggesting you all should start taking energy drinks before embarking on a journey. I am saying, find something that works for you that keeps you awake full time behind the steering wheel on long distance drive, even if it's not the energy drink. Maybe 5 hours sleep before the journey does that for you. Maybe some other natural methods works for you. But relying on what everyother person is saying as the best thing to do, could end you up in a mortuary or hospitalised for months in a hospital. I still don't get it. Let me ask this, "What can you point out in this physical time and space that doesn't kill?". Just name one thing that doesn't. Sex kills. Food kills. Sleep kills. Water kills. Alcohol kills. Biscuit kills. Meat kills. Air kills. Car kills. Money kills. Wealth kills. Poverty kills. What gaddam thing that doesn't kill?

Last time I checked, Professional track car racers take energy drinks to stay awake (especially Peugeot brand car racers), have energy and stay active while on track or racing and I haven't seen or heard where these drinks kill them. Question is, what doesn't have negative and positive effect or sides? If everything that exist does, why focus so much on the negative?

There are many Energy drinks out there. I started with FAB, then later switched to Red Bull and it has remained my brand. We have other brands like Power Horse, Monster, etc. Some people claimed that FAB doesn't have caffeine. Well, you can try it or check it out and confirm for yourself, but I am down with Red Bull. All I do is get at least 2 cans of Red Bull, one to be taken before I set out for the journey, the 2nd can to be taken while returning back (incase I don't find it where I traveled to). One can is enough in a day, no matter the distance or hours on the road, for me anyway. I usually only take these drinks when on road trips.

I have come to love Red Bull energy drink (not addicted to it) because of what it does on me on roadtrips and I think my Lions love it too (at least for making me the to stay awake without smashing their noses where they don't want). You have to decide for yourself what works for you and most importantly,

Drive with pride!

Ikenna351, Lion King.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:00pm On Jun 10, 2018
WHICH PEUGEOT 307 IS FUN? A PETROLHEAD PERSPECTIVE

I jkjkkkkkkk

Ikenna351, Lion King.

I, today, 27/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by dandollar1: 10:21am On Jun 11, 2018
Ikenna351:
SEEKING A FUN CAR IN PEUGEOT 206?

I used to think Peugeot 307 with TU5JP4 engine and automatic transmission was the slowest lion I have ever driven, until I met and drove a Peugeot 206 automatic transmission with TU3JP engine. What was Peugeot thinking?

Some buy hatchbacks because of their fuel economy. But I do know not every hatchback lion owner is primarily interested in the fuel economy. They just preferred smaller sized lions/cubs (they are not into bigger sized cars). And because they have limited knowledge about 206, they end up with frown faces, most of the times, behind the steering wheels. They want something quick, which TU3 engine may not offer them. As good, reliable and durable as TU3 engines are, they are not fun, at least, to a Petrolhead like me.

A 206 with TU5JP4 engine and manual transmission will blow your mind. One with EW10J4 engine and manual transmission will keep you giggling like a child every moment of your existence behind that wheel. I have driven both several times and kept wondering why one would choose TU3 over these good lifes. But then, they have no idea, not just what they are missing, but didn't know they are even missing anything, since they didn't know of their existence. Will the 206 with TU3 engines consume less? Yes (except one with automatic transmission, obviously). Will the 206 with TU5JP4 & EW10J4 matted with manual transmissions consume more? Yes, but I didn't even notice the differences (meaning the gaps weren't wide). So what exactly are they saving? Additional 2-5 litters? How much are we talking about?

Do they have downsides? Of course, what doesn't? At least, they sound harsh when pushing them hard, just like everyother 4-cylinder lion engine of that era, especially the EW10J4. But are they fun to drive? Very. Another downside is the 206 with EW10J4, which comes only in 3-door hatchback coupé. Not many are into coupé (someone like me), except RCZ R. I mean who would say no to that coupé, except an automatic transmission maniac (no apology, for I am a manual transmission maniac and proud of it).

Before you buy Peugeot 206, if that's what you want or you want a low budget fun lion, go test drive the 3 (TU3, TU5JP4 and EW10J4) or EW10J4S if you can find one with manual transmissions. Then choose one that makes you love being alive for the few minutes you spent behind the steering wheel. Fuel consumption shouldn't bother you for difference is not much or significant, if there is any.

Ikenna351, Lion King.
I just got a 206 sometime in march.

1. Please, how do I know the engine type I'm having, like you quoted here?

2. The car was whining very seriously last week.the whining gets louder as RPM increases it was so serious that passers-by could here it. A mechanic changed the bearings in two of the small pulleys but the noise still persisted. I later drained the power steering oil and filled with a fresh oil. The whining sound reduced by about 90percent.

The whinning sound is still there however, and gets louder as the RPM aproaches 20. I also began to notice a subtle grinding sound as well, like the sound of an airplane

Please, what do I do to permanently eliminate this sound?

Thank you in anticipation of your response.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Amexeptional(m): 6:28am On Jun 21, 2018
Ikenna Good Morning, pls I need ur help, I changed my ecu,bsi and key, then programmed them all together and the car starts, but the problem now is that it could not raise, if the car is steaming and you match the throttle, the car will just be looking at you. pls wat do I do. tnx in advance
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2018
PEUGEOT 406 V6 MANUAL PHASE II (D9) vs PEUGEOT 607 V6 AUTO PHASE II (Z9): MASCULINE PERSPECTIVE.

Jjjjjjjj

Ikenna351, Lion King.

I, today, 27/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bashir1451(m): 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hello Ikenna351, pls I need your take on this; I have a Peugeot206 I've been using for a year now, anytime I refill With gas for my air condition I don't get to enjoy it for more than two days when its supposed to last for months, my mechanic have checked and identified leakages and had fixed them all but am still experiencing the same problem, what step do you suggest I take next please. Remain blessed Ikenna351
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
Let's put on our thinking logical caps, shall we?.

So, the previous owner bought a D9, D2, Z8 or Z9 with EW12J4 engine. His mechanic and every one around him he asked succeeded in scaring hell out of him for making the worst mistake of his life by buying lion with EW12J4 Engine, for every issue or problem (even a blown fuse or headlight bulbs failure) is caused by the evil EW12J4. So, he went ahead to remove the EW12J4 and mounted EW10J4 engine everyone convinced him would be better for him, which probably cost him about 200 - 300k to do, depending if cutting corners were involved. Days, Weeks or few months later, he put the lion out for sale.

Don't drop your thinking caps yet. Now, do you think the gospel he received manifested to his want after the conversion that he decided he had enjoyed the lion enough after spending such amount to do the conversion that he suddenly decided to sell the lion days, weeks or few months later? If he had wanted to sell the lion that soon, would he have gone down that rabit hole?

You can drop the cap now.

Like i have explained in numerous posts, articles and videos on EW12J4 to EW10J4 downgrade, there is nothing wrong with it, if done properly. I don't discourage anyone that wants to do it. In fact, I can do the conversion for anyone interested, as long as he is willing to spend and tick off the entire items on the list I will provide for the conversion (no cutting of corners).

Doing only mechanical engine swap is not the main part of conversion in modern lions, the electrical part is. For no matter how good the mechanical part of the conversion was done, a crappy electrical conversion will mess up the entire Vehicle, not just the engine. This is why I tell people don't do it because your mechanic hates EW12J4 engine. Do it because you want to and be ready to spend to get it right. Buying a used lion that have undergone such conversion is not something you should do all by yourself if you not that technically equipped to detect a crappy conversion. But sometimes, it's helps people to get it when they experience it. That's how I got it.

Ikenna351, Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sammiejr(m): 8:34pm On Sep 10, 2018
Ikenna351,
I appreciate your piece a lot on Peugeot cars.
I intend getting a vehicle. I kinda love peugeot 406 coz of it's class and like Corolla 2003-2006 coz of its fuel consumption and other things such as spare parts etc. Having read about both types of vehicles,
I will be purchasing a car (tokunbo) in December and needs the house input in making a good decision.

1. My job takes me to rural areas with bad roads networks. What vehicle can serve me in this regards.

2. Vehicle whose maintenance isn't on the high side.

3. Spare parts

4. Fuel consumption

5. Possible resale value?

If you suggest a 406, what kind/type should I go for (engine spec). What do I look out for
If its a Corolla, what year btw 2003-2007 should I go for?
Please you all should feel free to chip in. All advice/input will be appreciated
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
TAKE A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE YOUR LOYAL LION.

So, I was with some guys yesterday and one of them started narrating how he packed his car, went into some places, came out and his car was gone (this happened last weekend). Everyother guy in the discussion started narrating similar experiences with their previous vehicles or close ones similar experiences. Emotions were going down as guys were expressing in pains the horrible experiences. It got to a point that I was feeling the pain too as if I was involved. I had to pull myself out of that frequency and started to look at it from a different perspective, a positive one for me, for my sake. Of course, it may sound negatively selfish to others, but I started appreciating my lions for always been loyal to me, waiting wherever I pack them till I get back.

Yes, maybe you bought an overly abused lion, abusing your lion as I write or enjoying your trouble-free lion, but we tend to take them for granted by focusing so much on some negatives he did to you yesterday (like you didn't cause it most of the times) and forget the positives these lions offer us, even as some of us abuse them (Nigerians take note). About 3 years ago, a guy sold off his immaculate lion and switched to non-PSA vehicle (there is nothing wrong with that though). Months later, he packed the vehicle, came back and the vehicle had evaporated. It took him another one year to save up, buy or switch back to lion. Sometimes, it takes unpleasant or negative experience to remind us the good things we had we don't appreciate until they are gone. It doesn't mean "It serves him right". It means he gets it now.

Don't get me wrong. I am not saying there has never been a case a lion was stolen, like on gunpoint or something similar, but those are extreme cases.

Modern lion security has been among the best in auto industry since 1999 till date. Yes, it has been that good that they maintained that system (improving on it, of course) up till the current new lions produced yesterday, 2018 (no kidding). I salute you Peugeot!

Take a minute or two and look at your lion and appreciate his existence in your life. PSA vehicles may not have the best or quickest Automatic gearboxes ( like I care), but they are always loyal. Sprinkle some beers on the tyres or any part of the lion it feels good to you to do. Its not to make the lion faster or becomes fetish to you, it's to bump up your happiness, for that's what we are all here for: Good life!

Drive with pride!

Ikenna351, Lion King

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Arrow144(m): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2018
Good Day mr ikenna a friend of mine intend purcharsing peugeot 508 2012 or 2016 the turbocharged version what are the pro and cons of the car. thanks i await ur response
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by chummy22(m): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
Pls Ikenna, i have a 406 Old model (98) also called monkey tail. The fan for the engine was making so much noise.... when electricans opened it, we had to change the fan........ after that the car started overheating....... went to another elect i did the wiring again and no more overheating. The problem now is noise from condenser whenever i start the car and even when i am driving.. yesterday i was driving the car stopped me beside the road. checked the new battery it was dead. Called my elect he checked the ulternator it was working........but he said i should go and check the condenser.......meanwhile the car belt is tight and working fine.......
pls Ikenna advice a brother.....thnks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by NobleEngineer(m): 4:12pm On Oct 05, 2018
Finally completed viewing this thread, started from page 1.... Amazing comments. Never knew even Gazzuzz was into Peugeots. Weldone I.K.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2018
NobleEngineer:
Finally completed viewing this thread, started from page 1.... Amazing comments. Never knew even Gazzuzz was into Peugeots. Weldone I.K.

lipsrsealed
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by thebigkendo(m): 5:23pm On Oct 05, 2018
NobleEngineer:

If you know, you know grin grin grin

With the right motivation the bros will work on almost any car grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Mubz(m): 9:25am On Oct 19, 2018
Hello guys,

I'm looking to replace the radiator of my 407 V6. It was leaking and they tried to use this 4min Gum some 2 weeks back, it was okay for about 3 days but didn't hold.

I tried to ask my mechanic for cost for radiator, he says 45k. This is just ridiculous!!

I will appreciate if you guys know if this price is true or where can I get something reasonable (cost-wise). I stay in Lagos, around Ajah axis
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2018
Mubz:
Hello guys,

I'm looking to replace the radiator of my 407 V6. It was leaking and they tried to use this 4min Gum some 2 weeks back, it was okay for about 3 days but didn't hold.

I tried to ask my mechanic for cost for radiator, he says 45k. This is just ridiculous!!

I will appreciate if you guys know if this price is true or where can I get something reasonable (cost-wise). I stay in Lagos, around Ajah axis

Check ladipo
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by IykeTurna(m): 5:45pm On Oct 19, 2018
When do we start seeing reviews on this

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aAK1(m): 6:02am On Oct 20, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

lipsrsealed
lolz
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:05am On Oct 21, 2018
Mubz:
Hello guys,

Thank God for China. Original radiators are around 75k.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:50pm On Oct 21, 2018
IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL.

Many weeks ago, I got a call that my father was admitted in a hospital, unconscious. It was like, "Get prepared". Normally, it would be a sad moment, but it was something else for me: A moment of reflection. I reflected on the man I know as my father, the life I knew or observed he lived so far, the redpill moments we shared together and wondered if the path he took or choices he made were satisfactory to him or what he really wanted as a being or an individual, not just as a father or husband. The reflection graduated to my own life, the path I took, choices I made and life experiences I have had so far (both pleasant and unpleasant ones). I found myself excited for what I have lived or choices I have made and satisfied, even if that moment would be my last in this physical experience.

Back then at St. John of God Secondary school, Awka, where I lived with my parents and siblings at staff quarters (many years ago), I used to stay out at night, especially when I was in the University (NAU). I am talking about hours I spent at night at the school gate with elderly security men. Most nights, I entered my house around 2 - 3 am. Those men were pouring out or narrating their past experiences, choices, mistakes & wisdoms to me. To the point that I preferred spending those nights with them than being at the house reading or studying for exams. Some say I talk or write like a philosopher. All I could say is that I grew up too early, understanding what thing we call life really is, early in life, from masculine perspective (thanks to those men). Those moments we sat under the tree at nights, listening to life they lived before their old age (both their regrets & joyful past experiences) and what they were living at those times of the discussions, were all pointing at one thing: Your feelings and what you choose to do with them is what this physical life is all about and you will realise the hard truth once old age comes. One of those security men was one I enjoyed listening to. Of all the regrets he had (things he wished he had done or experienced, which he didn't do but could have), but he would always talk about his experience with his Peugeot 404 pickup. He usually spend 2-3 hours every night narrating his experiences with the lion on trips or long distance drive. Whenever he would switch to that subject, it would look like he was living it all over again, better still, experiencing it physically again in those very moments. It was very vivid to him and he usually sound excited and happy, even when describing the times the lion broke down at nights in those journeys in middle of nowhere in thick forest. From all his stories, the adventure part of his life with that lion or vehicle were the most exciting times of his life. You could see how his feelings of the past experiences turned him into a young man, a happy man, over and over again at his old age.

When people write, text or call to complain to me how they wished they could have or buy a particular Peugeot car they dream about, but sadly chose not to acquire them, when they could afford to, because people in their lives feel differently about their dream cars, it always pisses me off and sad at the same time. Because, what they are telling me directly is that their feelings don't matter, except other people's feelings around them. But I could understand at the same time that not all men that have lived and live went through such teachings I got at my younger age, to understand what it's like to live someone else life. Your feelings tell you your path, and that's what most men don't know or understand until it's too late at old age, because they expected everything about life to be taught at Schools (formal education).

You drink a certain beer, because how it tastes or what it does to your body makes you feel good. You enjoy eating certain foods because the taste or how they nourish your body makes you feel good. You listen to certain artists, songs or music because it makes you feel good. You enjoy reading, studying or discussing certain subjects because they make you feel good. You like wearing or looking at certain shoes or clothes because they make you feel good. You enjoy living at certain environment or enjoy the thought of living at certain environments because it makes you feel good. You enjoy time you spend with your kids because they make you feel good. You enjoy the money or wealth that flows to you because what they do for you makes you feel good. Everything about this physical life, in this physical time space reality called Earth, it's about HOW YOU FEEL. But for some reasons, some people sacrifice those feelings of theirs when it comes to buying, acquiring or even imagining having a particular brand of car, engine or transmission type, fun or boring type of cars. They always choose whatever other people feel about the brand or type of cars they really want or wanted and forgo theirs. In other words, other people's good feelings matter more than your own good feelings to you. I mean, because they feel cars that consume a little bit more fuel than others are not good for them, then you go with their feelings because their feelings are superior to yours? Because they don't feel good about manual transmissions in this era, then their feelings must be better even though just the thought of having that dream car with manual transmission feels exhilarating to you? Their feelings that Peugeot brand or Peugeot vehicles are not trendy in their area is superior to your good feelings about having a Particular Peugeot car and you must have to satisfy their feelings, even if it kills you emotionally? One thing I learnt early in life is that when you deprive yourself something you wanted so badly you could afford to have to satisfy another person, you will resent that person no matter how close he or she is to you, for taking your dream away, which is more pronounced in families, even though people try not to talk about it until in their old age. Its a sub-conscious thing, for the inner-self want what he wants.

Every Peugeot car I currently have and have had, at some point in the past, felt good to me and they later manifested at the right time, through path of least resistance. Each and every one of the lions felt bad to a lot of people, but it had nothing to do with me. I simply held unto my feelings about them and the rest was history. Even if I were to go back many years ago when I started having good feelings about these lions before I started having them, I wouldn't forgo those feelings for anyone, even for a family member. Just like my father was on that hospital bed, struggling to stay alive, the experience he had before he got there was all that belong to him and for him to process, if he could, no matter how my mother and siblings care for him. Every one is an individual and some point in your life, you may find yourself looking back at the choices you made and what they led to in your own life. Cars are just physical energies harnessed by men. So, it's not necessarily your sole purpose of existence or life (even though the professional life race drivers would disagree, which I agree with them), but until you don't follow your good feelings which keeps you on your path, you will just be banging around until you are done. It's going to happen someday, incase you still think it's not your portion. What makes you think going for that Peugeot car that makes you feel good is not a call in your path that can lead you to something greater on your path? How did you get where you are today? How did you meet great people in your life right now? You think they were not on your path and it was just a coincidence? How did you think I got to where I am today, if I had not followed or stick to my good feelings on Peugeot Vehicles, against all odds?

However, just because you are having a good feeling about a particular Peugeot vehicle, doesn't mean you should jump right ahead and purchase one or rob other people to buy one when you can't afford one yet. Always follow your path of least resistance. Having a good feeling about Peugeot 406 may lead you to have a Peugeot 508 instead. Many years ago, I started having good feelings seeing Peugeot 505 GTi and imagining myself owning one, but I ended up having a bigger version, greater than the GTi, a V6. Sometimes, your inner self prepares you for something bigger by making you feel good about something smaller until you release resistance for the bigger one to manifest. Of course, the 505 V6 would have created huge resistance in me if I had focused on it first, but the GTi was least resistance to me, since it was 4-cylinder until I overcame the fear of EFI systems and accepted the V6 that was on my path and have been the happiest monk I ever known. Harness the good feelings first and see where it leads. Ignore every other persons feelings about the things you want, if you don't want to end up a miserable man or wishing you had followed your path when you could, like those elderly security men were advising me.

I am very excited for owning my current 3 V6 Peugeot cars, has always been and will always be.

Drive with pride!

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2018
DOING THE RIGHT THING.

So I got a call to come and identify an engine wiring harness on an ES9J4S (V6) tokunbo Engine bought for a D9 V6 Auto which the mechanic was about to mount, but wasn't sure if the harness was for a D9 V6 CAN-bus. Got there and saw two different new oil containers (different oil grades) besides the Engine (Total Quartz 7000 & 5000). Asked the 2 mechanics doing the work and they told me the two different Engine oils were bought for the newly bought Engine, including the fake-fake Engine oil filter sold about N500. I warned and explained the implications mixing those two oils in that Engine, including that oil filter. They both started mumbling with each other. One was asking the other if he could return the Quartz 5000 and collect Quartz 7000 to complete the one they already bought. The other was saying he has been doing that mixture for years on people's lions and nothing wrong with that, and "HE IS DOING THE RIGHT THING", he said.

I know a lot of people reading this might be blaming the mechanic that said mixing the two oil grades in that Engine was the right thing to do. But I don't really blame him, because he is doing the right thing for himself. Now where is the owner of that lion? Did he do the right thing for himself by giving a local roadside mechanic the responsibility to choose whatever he feels is right for his lion?

I have known that particular Vehicle for about 8 months now or more. The car is so clean that whenever I go to that workshop and see the lion, I always admire him. The trim/badge is V6 Executive. One of the best clean equipped D9 V6 I have ever seen. The lion has always been at that workshop for some stupid avoidable reasons. The Automatic gearbox (4HP20) has been replaced twice. Simply because of wrong ATF they pour in each of those times they changed the gearbox. The timing have jumped and damaged the valves twice because the mechanic couldn't set the timing belt properly both times. The list goes on. But each time I met that lion there, I have never met the owner, but the driver and the mechanic.

When you choose not to take your lion to dealerships, professionally equipped workshops or an expert for diagnosis and repairs because you couldn't afford their high charges or for whatever reasons, do you really expect that man you pay penny to give same quality work those dealerships and others that charge higher give? So, if you knew they are not the same, why leave same responsibility given to the professionals to the local mechanic that probably can't even read owners manual to understand what manufacturer recommended for the Engine, gearbox and the entire vehicle? Are you doing the right thing for yourself forming big man and leaving the responsibility of keeping your lion in good shape on a man you are not even paying that responsibility for?

The mechanic did the right thing for himself (as far as his conscience was concerned), by collecting more money to buy Quartz 7000 probably, but saved some of it for himself by buying something cheaper, even if it kills the new engine that was about to be mounted. You can condemn him for that, but where are you the owner since you couldn't afford the luxury of the bigmanism? How many times would men get burnt before they learn? All those times the gearbox was failing, valves damaging for crappy timing belt job, and finally a failed engine, how come the man never bothered to even show his face to see what the mechanic was even doing on his lion that is killing the lion mechanicals? Of course I know that newly engine would soon die, considering what they did to it yesterday when it was mounted. Maybe, the owner would eventually wake up and start taking the responsibility by doing the right thing for himself. Or he starts telling everyone how unreliable Peugeot cars are, considering what the lion has done to him. Or he sells him off as scrap when the frustration becomes unbearable. Even the automatic gearbox would soon pack up also, considering the ATF I saw the mechanic pouring inside it. The sad thing for me is that this lion looks very sharp and clean as if it was just imported. Nigerians and car killings.

You know why these professionals charge very high and why the others charge low. The professionals take the responsibilities of using the recommended or good parts for your lion, and with proper tools for diagnosis and repairs. The locals do the best they can with little knowledge they have on these modern lions and charge less. If you feel the right the right to do is to leave everything to that man you pay penny to fix your modern or newer lion, you are the one killing your lion, not necessarily the local mechanics.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by CityNGR: 9:26am On Oct 29, 2018
Nonsense post! Why the unnecessary wordiness?

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Kamalu5258(m): 6:28pm On Oct 30, 2018
All hail the monk!
Ikenna351:
DOING THE RIGHT THING.

So I got a call to come and identify an engine wiring harness on an ES9J4S (V6) tokunbo Engine bought for a D9 V6 Auto which the mechanic was about to mount, but wasn't sure if the harness was for a D9 V6 CAN-bus. Got there and saw two different new oil containers (different oil grades) besides the Engine (Total Quartz 7000 & 5000). Asked the 2 mechanics doing the work and they told me the two different Engine oils were bought for the newly bought Engine, including the fake-fake Engine oil filter sold about N500. I warned and explained the implications mixing those two oils in that Engine, including that oil filter. They both started mumbling with each other. One was asking the other if he could return the Quartz 5000 and collect Quartz 7000 to complete the one they already bought. The other was saying he has been doing that mixture for years on people's lions and nothing wrong with that, and "HE IS DOING THE RIGHT THING", he said.

I know a lot of people reading this might be blaming the mechanic that said mixing the two oil grades in that Engine was the right thing to do. But I don't really blame him, because he is doing the right thing for himself. Now where is the owner of that lion? Did he do the right thing for himself by giving a local roadside mechanic the responsibility to choose whatever he feels is right for his lion?

I have known that particular Vehicle for about 8 months now or more. The car is so clean that whenever I go to that workshop and see the lion, I always admire him. The trim/badge is V6 Executive. One of the best clean equipped D9 V6 I have ever seen. The lion has always been at that workshop for some stupid avoidable reasons. The Automatic gearbox (4HP20) has been replaced twice. Simply because of wrong ATF they pour in each of those times they changed the gearbox. The timing have jumped and damaged the valves twice because the mechanic couldn't set the timing belt properly both times. The list goes on. But each time I met that lion there, I have never met the owner, but the driver and the mechanic.

When you choose not to take your lion to dealerships, professionally equipped workshops or an expert for diagnosis and repairs because you couldn't afford their high charges or for whatever reasons, do you really expect that man you pay penny to give same quality work those dealerships and others that charge higher give? So, if you knew they are not the same, why leave same responsibility given to the professionals to the local mechanic that probably can't even read owners manual to understand what manufacturer recommended for the Engine, gearbox and the entire vehicle? Are you doing the right thing for yourself forming big man and leaving the responsibility of keeping your lion in good shape on a man you are not even paying that responsibility for?

The mechanic did the right thing for himself (as far as his conscience was concerned), by collecting more money to buy Quartz 7000 probably, but saved some of it for himself by buying something cheaper, even if it kills the new engine that was about to be mounted. You can condemn him for that, but where are you the owner since you couldn't afford the luxury of the bigmanism? How many times would men get burnt before they learn? All those times the gearbox was failing, valves damaging for crappy timing belt job, and finally a failed engine, how come the man never bothered to even show his face to see what the mechanic was even doing on his lion that is killing the lion mechanicals? Of course I know that newly engine would soon die, considering what they did to it yesterday when it was mounted. Maybe, the owner would eventually wake up and start taking the responsibility by doing the right thing for himself. Or he starts telling everyone how unreliable Peugeot cars are, considering what the lion has done to him. Or he sells him off as scrap when the frustration becomes unbearable. Even the automatic gearbox would soon pack up also, considering the ATF I saw the mechanic pouring inside it. The sad thing for me is that this lion looks very sharp and clean as if it was just imported. Nigerians and car killings.

You know why these professionals charge very high and why the others charge low. The professionals take the responsibilities of using the recommended or good parts for your lion, and with proper tools for diagnosis and repairs. The locals do the best they can with little knowledge they have on these modern lions and charge less. If you feel the right the right to do is to leave everything to that man you pay penny to fix your modern or newer lion, you are the one killing your lion, not necessarily the local mechanics.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by NobleEngineer(m): 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
Wow
Ikenna351:
IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL.

Many weeks ago, I got a call that my father was admitted in a hospital, unconscious. It was like, "Get prepared". Normally, it would be a sad moment, but it was something else for me: A moment of reflection. I reflected on the man I know as my father, the life I knew or observed he lived so far, the redpill moments we shared together and wondered if the path he took or choices he made were satisfactory to him or what he really wanted as a being or an individual, not just as a father or husband. The reflection graduated to my own life, the path I took, choices I made and life experiences I have had so far (both pleasant and unpleasant ones). I found myself excited for what I have lived or choices I have made and satisfied, even if that moment would be my last in this physical experience.

Back then at St. John of God Secondary school, Awka, where I lived with my parents and siblings at staff quarters (many years ago), I used to stay out at night, especially when I was in the University (NAU). I am talking about hours I spent at night at the school gate with elderly security men. Most nights, I entered my house around 2 - 3 am. Those men were pouring out or narrating their past experiences, choices, mistakes & wisdoms to me. To the point that I preferred spending those nights with them than being at the house reading or studying for exams. Some say I talk or write like a philosopher. All I could say is that I grew up too early, understanding what thing we call life really is, early in life, from masculine perspective (thanks to those men). Those moments we sat under the tree at nights, listening to life they lived before their old age (both their regrets & joyful past experiences) and what they were living at those times of the discussions, were all pointing at one thing: Your feelings and what you choose to do with them is what this physical life is all about and you will realise the hard truth once old age comes. One of those security men was one I enjoyed listening to. Of all the regrets he had (things he wished he had done or experienced, which he didn't do but could have), but he would always talk about his experience with his Peugeot 404 pickup. He usually spend 2-3 hours every night narrating his experiences with the lion on trips or long distance drive. Whenever he would switch to that subject, it would look like he was living it all over again, better still, experiencing it physically again in those very moments. It was very vivid to him and he usually sound excited and happy, even when describing the times the lion broke down at nights in those journeys in middle of nowhere in thick forest. From all his stories, the adventure part of his life with that lion or vehicle were the most exciting times of his life. You could see how his feelings of the past experiences turned him into a young man, a happy man, over and over again at his old age.

When people write, text or call to complain to me how they wished they could have or buy a particular Peugeot car they dream about, but sadly chose not to acquire them, when they could afford to, because people in their lives feel differently about their dream cars, it always pisses me off and sad at the same time. Because, what they are telling me directly is that their feelings don't matter, except other people's feelings around them. But I could understand at the same time that not all men that have lived and live went through such teachings I got at my younger age, to understand what it's like to live someone else life. Your feelings tell you your path, and that's what most men don't know or understand until it's too late at old age, because they expected everything about life to be taught at Schools (formal education).

You drink a certain beer, because how it tastes or what it does to your body makes you feel good. You enjoy eating certain foods because the taste or how they nourish your body makes you feel good. You listen to certain artists, songs or music because it makes you feel good. You enjoy reading, studying or discussing certain subjects because they make you feel good. You like wearing or looking at certain shoes or clothes because they make you feel good. You enjoy living at certain environment or enjoy the thought of living at certain environments because it makes you feel good. You enjoy time you spend with your kids because they make you feel good. You enjoy the money or wealth that flows to you because what they do for you makes you feel good. Everything about this physical life, in this physical time space reality called Earth, it's about HOW YOU FEEL. But for some reasons, some people sacrifice those feelings of theirs when it comes to buying, acquiring or even imagining having a particular brand of car, engine or transmission type, fun or boring type of cars. They always choose whatever other people feel about the brand or type of cars they really want or wanted and forgo theirs. In other words, other people's good feelings matter more than your own good feelings to you. I mean, because they feel cars that consume a little bit more fuel than others are not good for them, then you go with their feelings because their feelings are superior to yours? Because they don't feel good about manual transmissions in this era, then their feelings must be better even though just the thought of having that dream car with manual transmission feels exhilarating to you? Their feelings that Peugeot brand or Peugeot vehicles are not trendy in their area is superior to your good feelings about having a Particular Peugeot car and you must have to satisfy their feelings, even if it kills you emotionally? One thing I learnt early in life is that when you deprive yourself something you wanted so badly you could afford to have to satisfy another person, you will resent that person no matter how close he or she is to you, for taking your dream away, which is more pronounced in families, even though people try not to talk about it until in their old age. Its a sub-conscious thing, for the inner-self want what he wants.

Every Peugeot car I currently have and have had, at some point in the past, felt good to me and they later manifested at the right time, through path of least resistance. Each and every one of the lions felt bad to a lot of people, but it had nothing to do with me. I simply held unto my feelings about them and the rest was history. Even if I were to go back many years ago when I started having good feelings about these lions before I started having them, I wouldn't forgo those feelings for anyone, even for a family member. Just like my father was on that hospital bed, struggling to stay alive, the experience he had before he got there was all that belong to him and for him to process, if he could, no matter how my mother and siblings care for him. Every one is an individual and some point in your life, you may find yourself looking back at the choices you made and what they led to in your own life. Cars are just physical energies harnessed by men. So, it's not necessarily your sole purpose of existence or life (even though the professional life race drivers would disagree, which I agree with them), but until you don't follow your good feelings which keeps you on your path, you will just be banging around until you are done. It's going to happen someday, incase you still think it's not your portion. What makes you think going for that Peugeot car that makes you feel good is not a call in your path that can lead you to something greater on your path? How did you get where you are today? How did you meet great people in your life right now? You think they were not on your path and it was just a coincidence? How did you think I got to where I am today, if I had not followed or stick to my good feelings on Peugeot Vehicles, against all odds?

However, just because you are having a good feeling about a particular Peugeot vehicle, doesn't mean you should jump right ahead and purchase one or rob other people to buy one when you can't afford one yet. Always follow your path of least resistance. Having a good feeling about Peugeot 406 may lead you to have a Peugeot 508 instead. Many years ago, I started having good feelings seeing Peugeot 505 GTi and imagining myself owning one, but I ended up having a bigger version, greater than the GTi, a V6. Sometimes, your inner self prepares you for something bigger by making you feel good about something smaller until you release resistance for the bigger one to manifest. Of course, the 505 V6 would have created huge resistance in me if I had focused on it first, but the GTi was least resistance to me, since it was 4-cylinder until I overcame the fear of EFI systems and accepted the V6 that was on my path and have been the happiest monk I ever known. Harness the good feelings first and see where it leads. Ignore every other persons feelings about the things you want, if you don't want to end up a miserable man or wishing you had followed your path when you could, like those elderly security men were advising me.

I am very excited for owning my current 3 V6 Peugeot cars, has always been and will always be.

Drive with pride!

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by YouthfulVapour: 10:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
teddyseun:
@Ikenna351
Please what could be the problem when a 406 2001 model gives "Anti-Pollution Fault"
The coil may be bad.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by despee24: 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ikenna351:

Hello klint,

You were wrongly informed. There is no difference please. However, there is what you might consider a difference in emission system, which is not peculiar to 406 produced by PAN.

Some foreign produced 406 phase II have downstream sensors while some don't. You can tell by their VIN. The ones RFR on their VINs mostly don't have that sensor, while those with RFN and others do have. This make the engine wiring harness and ECU different, even if they run on the same engine.

Now, for 406 phase II produced by PAN, which were all fully multiplexing, just like some foreign ones, all of them do not have downstream sensors, which make the engine ECU different. But then, their VINs mostly have RFN.

Every other thing is the same.

As for the ECU prices. You were wrongly informed as well. Brand new ECU for EW10 engine (which likely are designed to run engine without downstream sensors) cost about 80-100k, depending on where you buying from. But a used one cost much less than that, such as the 35k you mentioned.

Now because we have more foreign produced or imported 406 in Nigeria than the locally produced one by PAN, you will mostly find used ECUs and engine wiring harness of foreign 406 than PAN ones.

Now, if you care and handle a 406 well, you have nothing to worry about with prices of ECUs of PAN or foreign, because they were not made to fail unless you damage them by yourself. They last the lifespan of 406. People have covered about a million km mileages with their 406, with the same original engines, transmissions, Engine ECUs, etc. So, have no fear.

Ikenna

Good day Members of this Lion's Den thread and my special salutations goes to the Alpha Lion of the den. The technical know how shown by the alpha lion is convincing and also a promising one, i aspire to be a Lion owner in the near future. i hereby request the alpha lion to add me to the wattsapp group
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by 052bypj(m): 11:20pm On Nov 13, 2018
Hi ikenna351,
I own an o4 Peugeot 407 bought from a friend, everything looked good on the surface till i started using it i have changed the engine and alternator, the esp and ABS has been disconnected, i love the lion but i still get electrical glitches now the AC is out. I need a good electrician/mechanic in lagos who can help restore this baby. Will be waiting in the comments thank you, please add me to the WhatsApp group i will be grateful.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by OkoroPeugeot(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2018
Was this fixed?

052bypj:
Hi ikenna351,
I own an o4 Peugeot 407 bought from a friend, everything looked good on the surface till i started using it i have changed the engine and alternator, the esp and ABS has been disconnected, i love the lion but i still get electrical glitches now the AC is out. I need a good electrician/mechanic in lagos who can help restore this baby. Will be waiting in the comments thank you, please add me to the WhatsApp group i will be grateful.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gomezidowu: 10:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
Hello Ikenna,

Please I need your help.I reside in Lagos. I own a Peugeot 406, diesel engine HD. It was a RHD converted to LHD and the spot where the OBD2 scanner port is supposed to be is empty, which makes it hard to diagnose exactly what's wrong. While driving, it suddenly decelerates and goes off. This happens even while speeding which is very dangerous. Every mechanic that has touched it has been doing trial and error, from servicing the nozzles, to changing the fan sensor etc all to no avail. Please help with a competent Peugeot diesel engine mechanic. Thanks a lot.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by OkoroPeugeot(m): 9:52am On Nov 29, 2018
gomezidowu:
Hello Ikenna,

Please I need your help.I reside in Lagos. I own a Peugeot 406, diesel engine HD. It was a RHD converted to LHD and the spot where the OBD2 scanner port is supposed to be is empty, which makes it hard to diagnose exactly what's wrong. While driving, it suddenly decelerates and goes off. This happens even while speeding which is very dangerous. Every mechanic that has touched it has been doing trial and error, from servicing the nozzles, to changing the fan sensor etc all to no avail. Please help with a competent Peugeot diesel engine mechanic. Thanks a lot.

If you check the Fascia Panel (Under the Dashboard) where the RHD OBD port is meant to be they usually leave the socket hanging there after conversion.

It should point your issue
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by blantyre: 7:42pm On Dec 07, 2018
Hello Lion owners. I recently upgrade from Peugeot 206 to 307 but ever since I have been battling with intermittent jerking esp if driving abit fast. Coil pack and fuel pump have all been changed but the problem persist. Pls house where else should I and my mechanic check?

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.