Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384949 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
This thread is for Lion owners, aspiring owners, Lion admirers and friends of Lions (former Peugeot owners).

If you are having any issue(s) with your Lion, you can seek for help here on how to sort it out. Someone might have a soluton to the nightmare the Lion is giving you.

We can as well post our experiences with our various Lions; both unhappy and happy ones.

Sometime early this year, very close to my office, I saw a 505 V6 packed in an "under Mango Tree Mechanic workshop". I went there and asked for the owner, for i wanted to see and know another fellow that own such a rare car like mine (505 V6) in Abuja. I was told the owner dropped the car over a week with them and the car was yet to be fixed. I asked what was wrong with the car, the mechanic became uncomfortable why my interest in the car and why i wanted to see the car owner. I explained to him that I own the same version of the 505 which is rare in Nigeria and I would like to know the owner, thats all. Well, he tried to explain to me what was wrong with the car, but he wasnt making sense. So I asked him to allow me to see the engine bay. When he opened the hood, I was shocked! Nearly all the vacuum lines were cut off from their various terminals. Weird! Well, i then asked him to start the car, when he did, i saw what or how the engine was behaving and knew right there the issue: an injection issue. A lot of things were wrong in that engine bay. No matter what the mechanic would tried to do, that issue must remain there, since all he explained to me he had done or replaced had nothing to do with the issue the car was having. In fact, he was creating more problems with his trial and error for that engine. He even replaced the MAF and installed the wrong part number (Luckly, I know the part number off head, since I have a similar car, with identical engine). I tried to get the owners phone number from him, but he wouldnt give me. Instead, he asked me to drop mine, that he would give the car owner whenever he comes, to call me. I made a note on the paper i gave to the mechanic to give to owner where i wrote down my number, explaining reason why i would want to meet with him, believing that the mechanic wouldnt understand what was written. I left them, after i realised that my presence there was no longer welcomed. As suspected, the owner never called because the mechanic would not have given him the note; fear that i want to collect chop from him! For another 3 more weeks, the car remained there at that workshop each time i passed there. At a point, I even forgot about it. 2 months later, i remembered, went back to check and the car was no longer there. Could be that the owner has towed the car to another workshop or only God knows what has happened to that car. This was a car I would have fixed that for person less than 24hrs, without a dime, if i had met him. There is no injection and ignition issue of 505 V6 i cannot fix myself. I have studied and mastered every wire from the 2 ECUs to various sensors, by knowing the function of each wire, sensors and components in that engine bay. I could tell quickly what is wrong with that EFI system and what the culprit would be with a little test with multimeter and test light. I dont need any scanner to diagnose and fix Bosch LH 2-2 Jetronic (EFI system of ZN3J - the PRV V6 engine in 505 V6). I couldnt help the guy because he was unlucky. If we had met in nairaland, he would have been saved from the hands of that clown that was killing the car when i went there. Possibly, he may have scrapped the car by now. Because there is no way that car would run properly with the condition i met it that day. So many wrongs were done in that engine bay.

Lets share our problems here in this thread and possibly get help from ourselves in keeping our Lions on the road as long as it takes.

Ikenna.

26 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by thomasjohn: 12:52am On Jul 30, 2012
THe evil that mechanics do. . . milk their esteemed customers dry

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 31, 2012
@Ikenna351
Please what could be the problem when a 406 2001 model gives "Anti-Pollution Fault"
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Denc: 12:01pm On Jul 31, 2012
Hello Ikenna

I admire your enlightened and objectives views on the Peugeot brand
Please what's your email?
I want to discuss with you directly on the 406

Expecting your reply
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
teddyseun: @Ikenna351
Please what could be the problem when a 406 2001 model gives "Anti-Pollution Fault"

Hi,

Below are some solutions from 406 owners that had similar Anti-Pollution fault issue and how they got it fixed.

SOLUTION A
yes i had the same problem i changed my air filter with one that did not have the foam and the fault came on, then changed it for one with foam and the fault went. strange but that was the problem.

SOLUTION B
I had this on my 02 plate 406. Read lots and lots of answers but what I did was to replace the air filter. I know it sounds stupid but I did it 6 months ago and have had no probs at all since. What I have noticed is there is a layer of foam on the top of the air filter - which was missing on the one I took out. As I said works a treat and done a further 6000 miles and no light. Try it you never know.

SOLUTION C
2001 406 2.0i est petrol (mostly supermarket), same warning, tried without air filter, (foam should be at bottom by the way), no change, went around all visible electrical connectors at top and behind engine, seperated each and squirted with WD40 into plugs then remade, started engine and fault cleared.

Some also said that replacing IAT (Intake Air Temperature) sensor and FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) fixed the anti-pollution fault issue. Most times, these fault is caused by the quality of fuel you use. But do know that its purely an injection issue.

I have a friend in Australia that owns 406 V6. He is a DIY fellow, but a very good one. He is more or less a mechanic. I will contact him to ask possible causes and fixing of the issue, if other than the solutions i enumerated above. He will be asleep now. Will get back to you with my findings from him. Goodluck.

Ikenna.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2012
My 307 Power steering just stopped working this evening (it was like driving a trailer home sad ), I called my mechanic and he's saying my power steering pump has failed and that'd cost me 100k to replace? Is that true? Before I go out and spend unnecessary money money tomorrow.
Thanks a million!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by buzugee(m): 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
bigx: My 307 Power steering just stopped working this evening (it was like driving a trailer home sad ), I called my mechanic and he's saying my power steering pump has failed and that'd cost me 100k to replace? Is that true? Before I go out and spend unnecessary money money tomorrow.
Thanks a million!
yup its true. either that or the rubber casing thingy has dislodged and leaked out all the power steering fluid. you can keep driving it if you dont have the money but top up the power steering fluid daily.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by thomasjohn: 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2012
bigx: My 307 Power steering just stopped working this evening (it was like driving a trailer home sad ), I called my mechanic and he's saying my power steering pump has failed and that'd cost me 100k to replace? Is that true? Before I go out and spend unnecessary money money tomorrow.
Thanks a million!

100k? shocked i doubt the power steering pump will even cost half that amount.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by thomasjohn: 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2012
i also entered a 406 2days ago that showed the anti-pollution fault and ABS fault when it was started, i asked the owner what caused the anit- pollution fault but he didn't know
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by jbrodaly(m): 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2012
Nice one OP...I deal on Peugeot cars and i have no ideal on fixing the problems.I know i will learn a lot on this thread.Keep the Flag flying
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by pyyxxaro: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2012
My peugeot 607 uses diesel ! how about yours.....................
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2012
I dont think there will ever again be a peugeot car as good and popular as 505 and 504. Dispute it

7 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
Thanks a million!

That your mechanic must be one of the greatest daft that have ever touched a spanner. Big time clown!

A lot would make a PAS (power assisted steering) to suddenly become heavy to steer. If the PAS pump belt breaks, the steering wheel will become too heavy to steer. If the PAS system develops leaks and losses all the fluid, the same symptom will be experienced. Its even dangerous to run the PAS pump without PAS fluid/oil. It will lose lubrication and kill the pump. Its always advisable to remove the PAS pump belt when the system losses its fluid and you have no fluid to refill the PAS fluid container till you drive the car home or to a place the leak needs to be sorted out.

PAS pump doesnt fail like that so sudden. The constant flow of oil via the pump ensures it longevity due to frequent lubrication.

Ikenna

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wandeay: 8:37pm On Jul 31, 2012
My dad is a die-hard peugeot fan, he said its d best car in 1970's and no car can be compared to it now in terms of durabilty

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by VolvoS60(m): 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ikenna351: This thread is for Lion owners, aspiring owners, Lion admirers and friends of Lions (former Peugeot owners).

Ikenna.

I see the Masai Mara/Serengeti pride is back in town. grin I know I am among friends here. grin

A close relation is considering buying a late 2000s model 407 station wagon/estate. What are the pros and cons of this choice? I don't want mechanics to leech off her so I need to make a strong case for trouble-free ownership after she buys the car.

Any ideas? How important will constant software updates be in the scheme of things? I don't know of any good lion mechanics who can interprete fault codes - hell I don't even know what the Peugeot software is! Lexia?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by BusHouse(m): 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
Thanks Ikenna for opening a tread for lion user's. Thumbs up to u. I own a brand new 307 (not the lift back type, 2010 model). The issue am having with this ride is identifying the correct oil filter. I noticed that anytime i use a certain oil filter (am told its for 307 lift back & also compatable with my model) for service, the dash board will indicate "STOP Oil pressure low" two days after service. Is it that the oil filter is fake? The second issue is the AC which cut off after every 15 minutes for say 3 minutes. Pls is this normal? thanks.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by alaoeri: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
Op nice thread, last time i enter any Peugeot car was last year doing some stuff all around along the line find myself in oyo town & had to travel to osogbo on getting to park the only car available was this old school *station wagon* no absorber, no wiper, seat self na die that kind car sha anyway had nö choice i have to travel. On our way i was so curious have to ask the driver how long the car have being existing & he said wayback 1974, that means 37years was really amazed oh, doubt it if any new generation car can last up to that.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by neutralist: 8:56pm On Jul 31, 2012
Sudden display of gear fault in 307. What could be the problem?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2012
neutralist: Sudden display of gear fault in 307. What could be the problem?

Has it gone into Limp mode?

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Claracuzio: 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by fasttrack(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
@Ikenna, do you know about german cars as well. volks to b specific?

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aryzgreat: 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
@ ikenna u got me thinking of owning 505 peugeot, dat was d lion model i used to learn driving. very spacious nd running like a hyena. Ikenna dis is ur primary school mate at awka cheesy guess who i am?

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by jamace(m): 9:31pm On Jul 31, 2012
Claracuzio: I still pull a sharp 504 and believe me anytime I put this monstar on the road, people admire it in awe.
The car cannot die.

Yea, it was my first car. I remember how I used to flog it until I developed mercy for it and sold it off, not that anything was wrong with it o. I call it KING OF THE NIGERIAN ROAD. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by DammyFx: 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
My 406 is becoming expensive to maintain same with every other owners of a Peugeot
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:54pm On Jul 31, 2012
fasttrack: @Ikenna, do you know about german cars as well. volks to b specific?

Nope.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by pimps: 10:01pm On Jul 31, 2012
I want to buy a 406. Pls I need advice on wat to buy and where to buy plus best best price.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2012
aryzgreat: @ ikenna u got me thinking of owning 505 peugeot, dat was d lion model i used to learn driving. very spacious nd running like a hyena. Ikenna dis is ur primary school mate at awka cheesy guess who i am?

Wow! Small world! Still cant guess who.

Do you remember that my dad's white 504 GL ('76 model), that i took over from him in 1999? That Lion is still alive (though in another body), now gone back to his original owner. Lol! Those were the days i coloured Awka with that white Lion : A NEVER SAY DIE Lion.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by thomasjohn: 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
DammyFx: My 406 is becoming expensive to maintain same with every other owners of a Peugeot

why are you saying you 406 is becoming too expensive to maintain? what kind of problems are you encountering? and what is the maintenance like?
Met someone who had a clean 406, apart from the timing belt and water pump he changed and rear shock absobers he changed when he got d car 6 months ago, he hasn't done anything except service.

4 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by thomasjohn: 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2012
pimps: I want to buy a 406. Pls I need advice on wat to buy and where to buy plus best best price.

buy either the 2001,2002 0r 2003 with the trouble free EW10 engine, avoid those converted from RHD, Cotonou will be your best bet.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 10:10pm On Jul 31, 2012
@ IKENNA I WOULD LIKE TO BUY PEUGEOT RIGHT HAND TO CONVERT IT TO LEFT HAND SIDE,PLS I NEED YOUR ADVICE AS I HAVE TALKED EVERYTHING WITH THE SELLER AND WHERE TO DO IT VERY PERFECT,IS IT TRUE IF YOU ARE ON HIGH SPEED IT WILL BE SHAKING.THANK ASAPS
Ikenna351: This thread is for Lion owners, aspiring owners, Lion admirers and friends of Lions (former Peugeot owners).

If you are having any issue(s) with your Lion, you can seek for help here on how to sort it out. Someone might have a soluton to the nightmare the Lion is giving you.

We can as well post our experiences with our various Lions; both unhappy and happy ones.

Sometime early this year, very close to my office, I saw a 505 V6 packed in an "under Mango Tree Mechanic workshop". I went there and asked for the owner, for i wanted to see and know another fellow that own such a rare car like mine (505 V6) in Abuja. I was told the owner dropped the car over a week with them and the car was yet to be fixed. I asked what was wrong with the car, the mechanic became uncomfortable why my interest in the car and why i wanted to see the car owner. I explained to him that I own the same version of the 505 which is rare in Nigeria and I would like to know the owner, thats all. Well, he tried to explain to me what was wrong with the car, but he wasnt making sense. So I asked him to allow me to see the engine bay. When he opened the hood, I was shocked! Nearly all the vacuum lines were cut off from their various terminals. Weird! Well, i then asked him to start the car, when he did, i saw what or how the engine was behaving and knew right there the issue: an injection issue. A lot of things were wrong in that engine bay. No matter what the mechanic would tried to do, that issue must remain there, since all he explained to me he had done or replaced had nothing to do with the issue the car was having. In fact, he was creating more problems with his trial and error for that engine. He even replaced the MAF and installed the wrong part number (Luckly, I know the part number off head, since I have a similar car, with identical engine). I tried to get the owners phone number from him, but he wouldnt give me. Instead, he asked me to drop mine, that he would give the car owner whenever he comes, to call me. I made a note on the paper i gave to the mechanic to give to owner where i wrote down my number, explaining reason why i would want to meet with him, believing that the mechanic wouldnt understand what was written. I left them, after i realised that my presence there was no longer welcomed. As suspected, the owner never called because the mechanic would not have given him the note; fear that i want to collect chop from him! For another 3 more weeks, the car remained there at that workshop each time i passed there. At a point, I even forgot about it. 2 months later, i remembered, went back to check and the car was no longer there. Could be that the owner has towed the car to another workshop or only God knows what has happened to that car. This was a car I would have fixed that for person less than 24hrs, without a dime, if i had met him. There is no injection and ignition issue of 505 V6 i cannot fix myself. I have studied and mastered every wire from the 2 ECUs to various sensors, by knowing the function of each wire, sensors and components in that engine bay. I could tell quickly what is wrong with that EFI system and what the culprit would be with a little test with multimeter and test light. I dont need any scanner to diagnose and fix Bosch LH 2-2 Jetronic (EFI system of ZN3J - the PRV V6 engine in 505 V6). I couldnt help the guy because he was unlucky. If we had met in nairaland, he would have been saved from the hands of that clown that was killing the car when i went there. Possibly, he may have scrapped the car by now. Because there is no way that car would run properly with the condition i met it that day. So many wrongs were done in that engine bay.

Lets share our problems here in this thread and possibly get help from ourselves in keeping our Lions on the road as long as it takes.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2012
DammyFx: My 406 is becoming expensive to maintain same with every other owners of a Peugeot

It would be better if you speak for your self. Leave other Peugeot owners out of it. Your maintenance culture might not be the same with theirs. State your reasons why the car has been a nightmare to you. There could be some lessons we would learn from it.

Ikenna.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aare07(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
am dreaming of buying 607 , as a student of feferal university located at the northern part of the country, what work can i do to get money to buy it. I want to buy before i finished.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.