Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384834 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2013
chima12: Issues with peogeot 406 [1998]automatic
I was informed by a mechanic that Peogeout 406 [1998 model]automatic has serious issues with its gear box and that buying 406 auto cars is not advisable.How true is this?

The mechanic is right.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by auhanson(m): 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2013
nony30: Seriously,guys ‎u neeD τ̲̅ȍ do away with 504/505s.even when I'm thinking 406 is out dated and trying τ̲̅ȍ get a 407! •̸№ insult meant pls but those cars belong τ̲̅ȍ d museums now.

Guy, i feel you, but looking at that ride once again u know its an asset to behold, it'll turn heads anywhere it goes..and you'll feel better in it than even a new ride becos u know the resources pumped into it and the fit you would have achieved by such restoration, both in horsepower, handling and comfort etc,if you are a car enthusiast.

I have a 1988 benz 190 (with vboot230, 2.3 litre engine, with customized AVG body and reenforced suspension system), that i find very fascinating, difficult to let go because each time i get into it, i feel on top of the world.. and i can comfortably cruise it to anywhere distance notwithstanding with peace of mind and contest the road with any ride, year not withstanding(i have done that b4 wt a 2005 EOD, Camry,corolla, CRV etc). Tell me what would make me fling this ride,which is still very clean, even when i have recently bought a w202 benz c class.

Have u heard of the guy who transplanted 2012 turbo diesel 6 cylinder c class engine into a 1990 benz 190 in US? and it performed better than the cclass 2012 turbo diesel counterpart, with better MPG,torque and speed? He feels better in it, and he is now customizing same for some enthusiast overthere; or the lady celebrity who customized her 1980s toyota supra to achieve 1600 horsepower with a spending of over 200,000.00 dollars; or the millionaire who restore his 1955 benz sls with 1.4 million dollar? There's joy in these things, just like you would have watch a world cup.

I love that Peugeot 504 customized!!!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 6:08am On Feb 04, 2013
nony30: Seriously,guys ‎u neeD τ̲̅ȍ do away with 504/505s.even when I'm thinking 406 is out dated and trying τ̲̅ȍ get a 407! •̸№ insult meant pls but those cars belong τ̲̅ȍ d museums now.

Ever heard of the word 'vintage'? In the Nigerian car experience the Peugeot 504 & 05s are surely vintage, man. U ll really be pissing off a lot of lion lovers on this thread writing -off those rides. Like Ikenna rightly observed, I have a friend who had a serious car crash & is still normal today because his God wasnt sleeping on the fateful day & also his car was an iron clad 504.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:23pm On Feb 04, 2013
I visited ASD Motors Abuja (Peugeot Dealership) at Area 10, this afternoon, to price a part for someone. I then used the opportunity to price other parts some of us would be interested to know how much they cost, i mean, original PAN parts.

Below is the breaksown:

1. 406 ket set (ignition switch with two keys & for the doors, boot,etc, excluding the key fob): 45k

2. 406 Key Fob (aka key remote or pad): 18k for just 1.

3. EW10 Timing belt (only): 14k

4. EW10 Timing belt kit (belt incuding the tensioners, but excluding water pump): 28k

5. EW10 Water Pump: 18k

6. EW10 Set of Piston (4 Pistons, including the Rings): 85k

7. 406 Shock Absorber or Strut:
Front: 48k (for the 2)
Rear: 32k (for the 2)

8. BSM Unit (Engine fuse box or PSF unit): 45k

So, we now know what it will cost to original of those parts above.. Dey cost no be small!

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 9:02am On Feb 05, 2013
Ikenna351: I visited ASD Motors Abuja (Peugeot Dealership) at Area 10, this afternoon, to price a part for someone. I then used the opportunity to price other parts some of us would be interested to know how much they cost, i mean, original PAN parts.

Below is the breaksown:

1. 406 ket set (ignition switch with two keys & for the doors, boot,etc, excluding the key fob): 45k

2. 406 Key Fob (aka key remote or pad): 18k for just 1.

3. EW10 Timing belt (only): 14k

4. EW10 Timing belt kit (belt incuding the tensioners, but excluding water pump): 28k[/color

5. EW10 Water Pump: [color=#000099]18k

6. EW10 Set of Piston (4 Pistons, including the Rings): 85k

7. 406 Shock Absorber or Strut:
Front: 48k (for the 2)
Rear: 32k (for the 2)

8. BSM Unit (Engine fuse box or PSF unit): 45k

So, we now know what it will cost to original of those parts above.. Dey cost no be small!

Ikenna.

Guess dats the price to pay for having a car one is in love with, its like a guy marrying a girl of his dream... He's just got to give her ALL D ATTENTION. More to the point, I think that just how expensive these parts are can only be truly measured by their longevity in relation to average Toyota and Honda parts(which are definitely cheaper). I definitely know that an owner of any of the 1999-2002 models of toyota camry & honda accord would change his shock absorbers at least 1 additional time before a 406 owner does. most Mercedes Benz owners cant even remember ever having to change parts like shocks or timing belts. My point is that there are CARS & there are cars, one may have to do a comparative check on the cost of Peugeot parts and the average life of these parts in comparison with other brands of cars with 'cheaper' parts. Lets also realist that because Japanese cars are more common in Nigeria their parts are more available in the second hand markets in comparison with the peugeot wit relativey fewer cars in the country, hence factors of demand and supply Viv-a-vis price. Lastly i really do think that the cost of Peugeot parts in Nigeria is directly related to its being a goverment brand over the years(issued to the Army, Navy & Air force Officers)...and with all the corruption in our country especially in government circles... our beloved Peugeot somehow got in the mix. If it were possible to check the sales record of any known dealer I can bet my next months salary on the fact most of his clients are government boys spending government money
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:10am On Feb 05, 2013
wisesystem:
Guess dats the price to pay for having a car one is in love with, its like a guy marrying a girl of his dream... He's just got to give her ALL D ATTENTION. More to the point, I think that just how expensive these parts are can only be truly measured by their longevity in relation to average Toyota and Honda parts(which are definitely cheaper). I definitely know that an owner of any of the 1999-2002 models of toyota camry & honda accord would change his shock absorbers at least 1 additional time before a 406 owner does. most Mercedes Benz owners cant even remember ever having to change parts like shocks or timing belts. My point is that there are CARS & there are cars, one may have to do a comparative check on the cost of Peugeot parts and the average life of these parts in comparison with other brands of cars with 'cheaper' parts. Lets also realist that because Japanese cars are more common in Nigeria their parts are more available in the second hand markets in comparison with the peugeot wit relativey fewer cars in the country, hence factors of demand and supply Viv-a-vis price. Lastly i really do think that the cost of Peugeot parts in Nigeria is directly related to its being a goverment brand over the years(issued to the Army, Navy & Air force Officers)...and with all the corruption in our country especially in government circles... our beloved Peugeot somehow got in the mix. If it were possible to check the sales record of any known dealer I can bet my next months salary on the fact most of his clients are government boys spending government money

True talk my broda.

I would rather spend more to buy a part that will last ages, than spend a kobo to buy fake part that will keep embarrasing me every now and then it fails.

Most of my car parts, i buy them from US, not minding the cost of shippping, as long as they are genuine parts and i wont have to go back to replacing them anytime soon.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 11:08am On Feb 05, 2013
chima12: Issues with peogeot 406 [1998]automatic
I was informed by a mechanic that Peogeout 406 [1998 model]automatic has serious issues with its gear box and that buying 406 auto cars is not advisable.How true is this?

go thru d thread ur question should be answered
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by midpoint: 9:22am On Feb 06, 2013
Please someone advise me. How often should I go for routine servicing of my car. I have a Peugeot 307.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 5:40pm On Feb 06, 2013
midpoint: Please someone advise me. How often should I go for routine servicing of my car. I have a Peugeot 307.

what do you mean by routine services.
services are best don based on mileage covered. Most tyms we limit our sevice to oil & filter change.
timing belt & adjusters, throw up bearin, clutch members, water pump etc are also what shld be on service list.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by babaokey(m): 11:39am On Feb 07, 2013
Hello guys. I like this discuss. Plz what is wiht a 406 Auto? Good or bad buy?

Thnks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2013
@ikenna,pls my 406 2001 back doors are locked.have try my best to open but couldn't .so I can't take any one @ back now.pls I urgently need your assistance on how to open it.thank you as I wait your response.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2013
karaye: @ikenna,pls my 406 2001 back doors are locked.have try my best to open but couldn't .so I can't take any one @ back now.pls I urgently need your assistance on how to open it.thank you as I wait your response.

Have you pulled out the fuse box and checked all the fuses?

One thing I know in D9 is that the door central lock is controlled by the BSI unit. But you need to start with the fuses.

By the way, have you tried to reset the BSI umit to default? We have treated it here before. You need to go back and start from the first page of the thread. Even, the link to BSI manual was also provided here too. The manual will teach how to reset it and what not to do that could malfunction your BSI unit, like what you are experiencing.

Also, you have have downloaded the 406 facelifted repair manual, you can as well check for how to diagnose such issue. I believe its there. So far, I have read upto page 100 or so. Am yet to read the body repair section/pages.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wellscon: 9:57am On Feb 08, 2013
Hi Ikenna.

My 307 steering just became heavy this morning as if driving a trailer.I observed a leakage on the floor of the oil.What could have cause this leakage?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:27am On Feb 08, 2013
wellscon: Hi Ikenna.

My 307 steering just became heavy this morning as if driving a trailer.I observed a leakage on the floor of the oil.What could have cause this leakage?

The leakage could be from the PAS pressure hose, rack, ram or pump.

Buy any cheap ATF fluid, refill the PAS reservoir, leave the bonnet open, start the car, leave it to idle, come to the engine bay and observe or check for the leak. You will see it. If you do not see the leak, ask someone to help you turn the steering wheel, from one end to the other while the engine is idling, once the tyres start turning, the point of the leak must definitely show itself. Goodluck.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by olashow(m): 11:16am On Feb 09, 2013
Hi Ikenna,

Please can you recommend any good Peugeot mechanic that can help me diagnose/fix my peugeot 407. I'm in Garki Abuja.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 11:24am On Feb 09, 2013
olashow: Hi Ikenna,

Please can you recommend any good Peugeot mechanic that can help me diagnose/fix my peugeot 407. I'm in Garki Abuja.

I stay in Garki too. I have Diagbox which is all you need to diagnose your car. But am still trying to learn how to use the diagbox. There are so much the diagbox can do, aside reading error codes. Its really a complex scanning tool. I still need sometime to learn how to use it. Its very technical.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by olashow(m): 11:40am On Feb 09, 2013
thats great! I'll really appreciate if I can get the chance to meet you any time you are free sir just to discuss somethings about my issues.

Have a nice weekend chief.

'lanre.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:08pm On Feb 09, 2013
olashow: thats great! I'll really appreciate if I can get the chance to meet you any time you are free sir just to discuss somethings about my issues.

Have a nice weekend chief.

'lanre.

Ok. You can always reach me anyday, anytime. My contact number & e-mail are below, on my signature.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by auhanson(m): 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2013
Exc@libur:
Does anyone here drive a 406 coupe? Every time that car drives past I almost get an 0rg@$m. I'm seriously considering buying it in Jan 2013. Any advice?

Same thing here, each time it drives past i cant afford but stare at it with the desire to own one, it has a perfect design for a coupe over any other car(BMW nor Toyota, and what have you, its as fine as benz cls coupe if not more than). I must confess; its the sportiest little coupe so cute a ride to behold, though i don't really know much about it
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by auhanson(m): 9:07pm On Feb 10, 2013
Ikenna351: I went in search of coolant at a nearby TOTAL filing station and was still told "out of stock".

Anyway, i found something else very interesting. I found in TOTAL station all the TOTAL synthetic based and fully sythetic/fuel economy oil recommended by Peugeot for the EW10, EW12, XU10, HDI & ES9J4S engines. Such as Quartz 9000 0W/40; Quartz 9000 5W/30; Quartz 9000 5W/40; Quartz 7000 15W/50.

Quartz 7000 15W/50, which synthetic based, cost N4,700. While, Quartz 9000 5W/40, a fully synthetic oil, cost 8k (though, 5 litres). I didn't price the rest. But they were there.

The lower the number before "W" (Winter), the easier the engine turns over when starting in cold climates. Then, how cold is our climate?

Studies that i carried out on oil grades showed that 5W-30 oil grade are for cooler climates, while 15W-50 are for hot climates. Its left for you to decide if our climate are cool or cold enough to decide whether to go full synthetic or synthetic based oil. I do know that 0W-40 & 5W-40 are full synthetic, while 15W-50 is synthetic based (but do know that we have 15W-50 that is mineral oil, which will be indicated on the container).

Full synthetic oil like the 5W-40 is a fuel economy oil. You will get the best fuel economy using that oil. Not only that, you gain more engine performance and power, and lubricates faster or quicker during cold start, which prevents friction and wear at cold start, unlike the mineral oil. But if you ask me, i would say the fully synthetic oil are best for engines that havent done miles more than 100k. Am not sure and i cant prove it. But they are very thin oil and would burn faster in an aged engine, unlike the synthetic based and mineral oil. The lower the number before the "W", the thinner the oil.

My point is, almost all the TOTAL oil grades recommended by Peugeot for their listed above engines, are abundantly available in the TOTAL filing stations, scattered all over the country. The grade to use, is your decision to make.

Ikenna.

Pls does anyone in the house knows how long this oil,(quartz 90000 0W/40 and "Quartz 9000 5W/40, a fully synthetic oil, cost 8k (though, 5 litres)"wink ,can be used in a vehicle before changing it? can it last 12- 15 month like mobil 1, because mobil 1, 4 litre oil price is outrageous in Nigeria.Can it also be used in a benz 190 and c class product? your answer is highly appreciated
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2013
au.hanson:

Pls does anyone in the house knows how long this oil,(quartz 90000 0W/40 and "Quartz 9000 5W/40, a fully synthetic oil, cost 8k (though, 5 litres)"wink ,can be used in a vehicle before changing it? can it last 12- 15 month like mobil 1, because mobil 1, 4 litre oil price is outrageous in Nigeria.Can it also be used in a benz 190 and c class product? your answer is highly appreciated

This is not the right thread to pose these questions. We dont discuss anyother brand other than Peugeot here. Thanks.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Kingsleyadima: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2013
Hi ikenna,
Tanx 4 ur good work here.
I have a 406 with XU10 engine. I did my oil change recently with total quartz 7000. My mechanic is now insisting dat I should not have used de 7000, dat its too light/thin for my engine. He is saying I should use quartz 5000 instead sinsce its ticker. I don't understand his point since I have read de post u did about de types of oil.
Der was a day I started my car and it made a strange noise in de top section of de engine for about 3minutes immediatly after starting $ dat was de only day it made dat noise. He was der when dat happened and said its because I used de wrong oil(quartz 7000) and I should change to 5000.
What do u advise? De car has a mileage of over 200,000km but de engine is still very sound. He said if I travel with it $ de engine gets hot de oil won't withstand de heat since its light/thin.
Pls wats de right oil or thing to be done in dis case??
Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by auhanson(m): 12:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ikenna351:

This is not the right thread to pose these questions. We dont discuss anyother brand other than Peugeot here. Thanks.

Ikenna.

Ok Ikenna, noted! But at least you can give the duration of the oil(total quartz 9000 0w40 and 5w40 in peugeot 406 before next oil change take place, thanku for your immediate response
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:57pm On Feb 11, 2013
Kingsley adima: Hi ikenna,
Tanx 4 ur good work here.
I have a 406 with XU10 engine. I did my oil change recently with total quartz 7000. My mechanic is now insisting dat I should not have used de 7000, dat its too light/thin for my engine. He is saying I should use quartz 5000 instead sinsce its ticker. I don't understand his point since I have read de post u did about de types of oil.
Der was a day I started my car and it made a strange noise in de top section of de engine for about 3minutes immediatly after starting $ dat was de only day it made dat noise. He was der when dat happened and said its because I used de wrong oil(quartz 7000) and I should change to 5000.
What do u advise? De car has a mileage of over 200,000km but de engine is still very sound. He said if I travel with it $ de engine gets hot de oil won't withstand de heat since its light/thin.
Pls wats de right oil or thing to be done in dis case??
Thanks

0W 40
5W 30
5W 40
10W 40
15W 50

Listed above are oil grades recommended by Peugeot for their petrol engines in 406 phase II (*warning* Fuel economy oil/synthetic oil should not be used in EW12).

All oil grades listed above are synthetic oil except 15W 50 which is synthetic based/semi synthetic oil. But we also have 10W 40 that is mineral oil.

Lets talk about 15W 50 (Quartz 7000). Before that, i will explain what those two numbers means. The first number (before W) is the blend that gives cold weather protection, while the second number is the blend that suits hotter temprature. If the average cold wheather temperature you get where you stay is about 15 degree celsius and above, and the average hot temp doesnt exceed 50 degree celsius, then the 15W 50 is the best oil grade for your Lion. The same applies to 0W 40, 5W 30, 10W 40, etc. Fortunately, am not sure there is any part of Nigeria that gets cold temperature as low as 0 or 5 degree celsius, no matter the season (raint or dry season). So you dont have to waste your money buying the expensive 0W 40, since you dont need it. I dont know about the part of the country you stay, but the average wheather temperature in Abuja is between 17 & 38 degree celsius. So if i have the 406 V6 phase II today, i would use 15W 50, both in rainy and dry season and would change the oil once every 6 months or once a year, depending on the usage but never less than 6 months.

20W 50 is a thick oil, a mineral one. Its usually recommended for high mileage car, depending on the condition of the engine. Most high mileage car have the tendency of oil leak or shortage. If the cylinders are well tight on the sleeves or cylinder walls, the engine seals could get weak and start leaking oil gradually, depending on the usage, especially the rear main bearing oil seal. When a car is parked for a long time without running the engine, the rear main bearing oil seal would, most times, get dry and crack when next the engine runs. Engines are designed or meant to run, to keep all the seals in good shape. In a case were you have such oil leakages, thick oil would be suitable for the engine, pending when the failed seals are replaced. Using thin oil in such cases would dry off very fast and send your engine to its early grave. There is no much difference between 15w 50 & 20w 50, except that 15w 50 flows lubricates faster during cold start, and also its synthetic based oil (highly recommended by Peugeot for these engines), while the 20w 50 is a mineral oil, a multi- purpose oil.

As for what your mechanic said about 15w 50 knocking your engine when the engine gets hotter on long journey, ask him what does viscosity means? Clown!

Ikenna.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
Kingsley adima:
What do u advise? De car has a mileage of over 200,000km but de engine is still very sound.
Thanks

About this, the noise could be coming from camshaft, pulley, roller, etc. A failing bearing could make that noise- referring the engine rollers or pulleys. Likewise, a worn camshaft would do that as well.

If it was the camshaft that made that noise, it means that shaft was already worn before you switched to 15W 50. But since 20W 50 is thicker than 15W 50, it was preventing the shaft from rapid wearing, because of its thick viscosity. But we don't know yet what made that noise.

But how was the engine taken care of before the oil grade switch? Was the engine running cold more than it should? Was the thermostat removed? Were you using only water in the engine cooling system? Was the fan connected to spin constantly once the engine starts running? Do you rev your engine immediately once the car starts every morning? No matter the oil grade you use or even if you change your engine oil every week, once engine is getting such abuse enumerated above, you will experience camshaft worn or failure, including other parts of the engine that need constant lubrication as soon as the engine cranks or starts running. Engines hate to run cold. It increases friction and dies faster. Nigerians take engine cooling systems for granted, which ends up putting smiles on our brothers faces that sell used or tokunbo engines. Its not their fault, anyway.

Anyway, the noise could be anything. It may not even be from inside the engine. Since I wasn't there, I wouldn't know.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by auhanson(m): 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
Ikenna351:

About this, the noise could be coming from camshaft, pulley, roller, etc. A failing bearing could make that noise- referring the engine rollers or pulleys. Likewise, a worn camshaft would do that as well.

If it was the camshaft that made that noise, it means that shaft was already worn before you switched to 15W 50. But since 20W 50 is thicker than 15W 50, it was preventing the shaft from rapid wearing, because of its thick viscosity. But we don't know yet what made that noise.

But how was the engine taken care of before the oil grade switch? Was the engine running cold more than it should? Was the thermostat removed? Were you using only water in the engine cooling system? Was the fan connected to spin constantly once the engine starts running? Do you rev your engine immediately once the car starts every morning? No matter the oil grade you use or even if you change your engine oil every week, once engine is getting such abuse enumerated above, you will experience camshaft worn or failure, including other parts of the engine that need constant lubrication as soon as the engine cranks or starts running. Engines hate to run cold. It increases friction and dies faster. Nigerians take engine cooling systems for granted, which ends up putting smiles on our brothers faces that sell used or tokunbo engines. Its not their fault, anyway.

Anyway, the noise could be anything. It may not even be from inside the engine. Since I wasn't there, I wouldn't know.

Ikenna.

It could even be the carpex in the engine chamber
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2013
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:07pm On Feb 12, 2013
Tips on diagnosing & fixing 406 D8 Petrol engine (Excluding V6) running and starting problems: Stalling, Rough/harsh gear changing (manual only) and high idle symptoms. Find link below:

http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3489

Hope we find it helpful. It also includes D9 with XU10 engines.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by tundesto(m): 12:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
How can one differentiate between the engines of a Peugeot 406 2.0 HPi/HDi from ordinary Peugeot 406 2.0? Because dealer may want to sell the latter as the former to unsuspecting buyers.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
tundesto: How can one differentiate between the engines of a Peugeot 406 2.0 HPi/HDi from ordinary Peugeot 406 2.0? Because dealer may want to sell the latter as the former to unsuspecting buyers.

We have treated this before here. Find the engines images in the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/973041/peugeot-406-ew10-engine-against#11249041

The HDI & HPI will be boldly stamped/engraved on the engines plastic covers, unless the dealer purposely remove them. In that case, don't buy one that doesn't have that cover, since another cover (like EW10) cannot fit in on HPI or HDI engine, I believe.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by tundesto(m): 10:18am On Feb 14, 2013
Ikenna351:

We have treated this before here. Find the engines images in the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/973041/peugeot-406-ew10-engine-against#11249041

The HDI & HPI will be boldly stamped/engraved on the engines plastic covers, unless the dealer purposely remove them. In that case, don't buy one that doesn't have that cover, since another cover (like EW10) cannot fit in on HPI or HDI engine, I believe.

Ikenna.

Thank you very much.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hi house,

Below is a link to a forum, where am trying to help a fellow Lion that owns two 505 V6 in US, in troubleshooting 2 of his V6 that have refused to start, Nigeria. Even though it appears no house member here owns 505 V6, but you may have one or two things to learn about Peugeot electrics or EFI system, incase you start experiencing such symptoms with your lion.

http://www.505turbo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2021-v6-problems/page-3

Ikenna.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.