Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384926 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by oladele007: 9:37am On Jul 15, 2014
Ikenna351:

Will look up for the injection ECU part number tomorrow morning. But would likely find Peugeot part number instead, not the ECU brand part number. Will see how it goes.

Ikenna
Oga Ikenna am still waiting for the 406 part number.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 15, 2014
Please anyone who has an idea how much is Peugeot 406 ew 10 engine? I want to change mine please help me
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
oladele007: Oga Ikenna am still waiting for the 406 part number.

Sorry for the delay. Been very busy.

I just checked. The Peugeot part number of the injection ECU is 1929 WK. It should be stamped on the ECU.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:32pm On Jul 15, 2014
melya: Please anyone who has an idea how much is Peugeot 406 ew 10 engine? I want to change mine please help me

120 - 140k.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by olamega(m): 10:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
You mean 1.2m-1.4m?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:23am On Jul 16, 2014
olamega: You mean 1.2m-1.4m?

He was asking for the price of EW10 engine.

How is Leo?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by oladele007: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
Ikenna351:

Sorry for the delay. Been very busy.

I just checked. The Peugeot part number of the injection ECU is 1929 WK. It should be stamped on the ECU.

Ikenna
thank you so much Oga Ikenna, i will buy it and give u the feed back.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by murtalaa(m): 9:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
Mr Ikenna I have one issue I need help with. My 406 emits a sound when I accelerate mostly at gear two or three. The sound seems to be coming from the engine as if something is knocking on the metallic parts inside the engine. The frustrating thing is that it's not always that the sound comes on. I am afraid if I take it to a mechanic he may not understand the real problem since it's not always that the sound comes and he may invent something just to get some job without solving the real problem. I trust you can help me here. Thank you.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:52am On Jul 17, 2014
murtalaa: Mr Ikenna I have one issue I need help with. My 406 emits a sound when I accelerate mostly at gear two or three. The sound seems to be coming from the engine as if something is knocking on the metallic parts inside the engine. The frustrating thing is that it's not always that the sound comes on. I am afraid if I take it to a mechanic he may not understand the real problem since it's not always that the sound comes and he may invent something just to get some job without solving the real problem. I trust you can help me here. Thank you.

I don't think its something I can help you online. I won't know the problem might be until I hear the sound.

Do you stay in Abuja?

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2014
PSA Peugeot Citroën and PAN Nigeria Limited sign an assembly and sale of cars agreement in Nigeria

On Friday, 11 July 2014, PSA Peugeot Citroën and PAN Nigeria Limited signed an assembly and sale of cars agreement in Nigeria.

The first vehicle concerned by the agreement will be the Peugeot 301, the assembly of which will begin in the second half of 2014 at the Kaduna plant.

Under the terms of the agreement, PAN Nigeria Limited will also be able to assemble the Peugeot 508 and the Peugeot 308.

Peugeot will leverage a network of roughly a dozen dealers that will be capable of rapidly implementing the quality standards required by the Brand and supporting its business growth in Nigeria.

The agreement is aligned with the new automotive industry development policy established by the Nigerian government.

Africa’s most populous nation with about 170 million people, and its largest economy with GDP of €372 billion in 2013 and growth of 7.4% forecast for 2014, Nigeria is emerging as a key growth driver at the level of the entire continent.

Commenting on the signature of this new agreement, Jean-Christophe Quémard, Operations Director, Africa-Middle East said: "This assembly agreement perfectly illustrates what the Group aims to achieve with its new region-based organisation. As announced in the “Back in the Race” strategic plan, we are going to focus more on growth markets. The assembly of the Peugeot 301 in Nigeria, a growth pillar in Africa, will enable the Group to take full advantage of growth opportunities in the market."

Source: http://www.psa-peugeot-citroen.com/en/media/press-releases/psa-peugeot-citroen-and-pan-nigeria-limited-sign-an-assembly-and-sale-of-cars-agreement-in-Nigeria

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by murtalaa(m): 10:52am On Jul 17, 2014
Ikenna351:

I don't think its something I can help you online. I won't know the problem might be until I hear the sound.

Do you stay in Abuja?

Ikenna
yes I stay inAbuja. Give me appointment for Saturday.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:14am On Jul 18, 2014
murtalaa: yes I stay inAbuja. Give me appointment for Saturday.

Contact me offline to discuss it. 08052811236.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:41am On Jul 18, 2014
For the past few days, quite a number of Nairaland members have switched to Peugeot or added Lions to their cars. I knew because of numerous calls I have received for the past 4 days or so.

I want to congratulate you all for stepping out and going for what you desire, irrespective of dream killers surrounding you, telling you all sorts of negatives about Lions. What interest me was how you all called and informed me how you madly fell in love with your newly acquired Lions, after driving it for some hours or few days. That's what Lions do to their owners, because they are cars with attitudes!

Check point increases on daily basis in Abuja. Funny thing is, I can't recall the last time I was parked to be checked. Yet cars before me or behind me would always be parked, yet I will be passed. Even brand new exotic cars will be parked for check, but I will be passed! Imagine what it feels like? Its called class. Its called levels. Because Lions attitude is why other animals respect them. And that's why Lions are respected at check points because the attitude is written allover them.

I would suggest you work towards owing your PP2000. Its a very important DIY tool for any Lion owner who wants his Lion to remain intact and their claws to remain sharp, as long as it takes. At least, the newer version works on windows 7 32bit, I gathered.

Always remember, the mark of claws you leave behind each time you pass says a lot about you to silent admirers of Lions.

Welcome!

Ikenna

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kayoday(m): 7:33am On Jul 18, 2014
@Ikenna351 Please does Citreon Xsara picasso 2002 share engine and suspension system with any of Peugeot. I checked online cant get enough information on the car. How realiable is the car? Is the body part and mechanic readily available? Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:37am On Jul 18, 2014
kayoday: @Ikenna351 Please does Citreon Xsara picasso 2002 share engine and suspension system with any of Peugeot. I checked online cant get enough information on the car. How realiable is the car? Is the body part and mechanic readily available? Thanks

A house member owns the same car. He is Frenchbase and he is quite technical as well. So he will be in a better position to answer all that.

Will fetch him for you.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by FiftyFifty(m): 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hi all,
Oga IK kindly educate me more on Peugeot 607, V6 manual, u know. Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
FiftyFifty: Hi all,
Oga IK kindly educate me more on Peugeot 607, V6 manual, u know. Thanks.

Before, I was telling veryone who cared to listen that Peugeot 607 was a mistake Peugeot ever made. grin Why? Because i was listening to all the craps people post online about the car. So much negativity! So, I foolishly believed all that.

But now, I authoritatively tell whoever asked, "Peugeot 607 is one of the best Pininfarina Peugeot ever produced".

Before i acquired my then 605 V6, i checked online reviews on the car and the what i got was awful. But few positive comments i found got me thinking, " Why do I have to live my life following the bangwagon?. If the car served some or few people well, why then should I believed it wont serve me well? " Is like your wife who probably dated some guy before you met her. The guy probably ended the relationship because he found her uninteresting and would always see faults in her that didnt exist. But when you met her, she automatically became the best thing ever happened to you till this moment. Yet another man could only see faults. Now, that was when my mindset changed. I jumped in, bought the 605 V6 and enjoyed the car throughout the ownership. All the faults people complained of, I did not experience. Few issues it had during the ownership were simply normal wear and tear of car of that age. The 605 V6 made me realise " DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ!"

With the mindshift and experienced got from the 605 V6, I jumped into 406 V6, irrespective of scary stories about BSI on these Lions. I know how many friends who advised me against getting the car, but i went ahead and achieved my dream. After a year of owning this Lion, I am yet to experience any of those stories dream killers tell the world. Some even claimed after 100,000 km mileage, D9 electrics will start falling apart. My D9 has done over 170, 000 km, yet my electrics is still intact. That someone fails in accomplishing a project he/she set out to do, does not mean I will fail too. That someone abuse his Lion or has poor maintenance culture, which led to his/her poor Lion to give them nightmares, does not mean I am destined to experience that as well.

The choices we made or decisions we took in the past is what led to what we have become or where we are today. Thats why I dont let the crowd, or even close ones, decides for me what I want or desire in life anymore. Becoming an owner of SV D9 made me realize how good the 607 electric is, which is what people are scared of. The only difference between a D9 electrics and 607 electrics is the 607 has mofe gadgets. Aside that, everyother thing is the same. The same VAN-bus system you find in D9 and CAN-bus system you find in 407.

Will come back and explain 607 in details.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by FiftyFifty(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2014
Patiently waiting... Don't forget to shed more light on d power & d MPG... Thanks once again.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by frenchbase(m): 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
Ikenna351:

A house member owns the same car. He is Frenchbase and he is quite technical as well. So he will be in a better position to answer all that.

Will fetch him for you.

Ikenna

HI IK, sorry for the reply.

@ kayoday,

yes she does share engine with other PSA products such as 206,307 and 406 with the following engine code: 1.4 (TU5JP ) 1.6 (TU5JP) , 2.0 (ew10).
the suspensions are different from that of Peugeot(406,407..). however you can modify it but i won't suggest you do such, because it will affect the stability of the car.
Reliability
Based on my personal experience, Citreon Picasso is a nice MPV. elle est génial et agréable a conduire.
My wife has been driving it around for over a year now and we haven’t experience any mishap for the moment, all it’s been wonderful.
as for the availability of its parts in Nigeria am uncertain, but am sure you can get them from the neighbouring countries.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 12:12am On Jul 19, 2014
FiftyFifty: Patiently waiting... Don't forget to shed more light on d power & d MPG... Thanks once again.

Phase I 607 V6 (1999-2004) has VAN-bus system, just like in early D9. 607 V6 phase 1 has manual transmission option (5-speed). The engine is the ES9 engine in D9 V6.

Phase II 607 has slight change on the exterior look, especially front bumpers. The phase 2 has CAN-bus system in late D9 and 407. All phase II 607 V6 have 6-speed Auto transmission (AM6); Phase II V6 has no manual option.

Mpg, highway, gives about 37 mpg.

Attached below are phase I 607 interior.

Ikenna

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by RedReact: 6:29am On Jul 19, 2014
607 is a cool ride. Mine is auto system, V6 (2007 model), although not up to a year and I have not had up to 6 months experience with it before I left the country.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:44am On Jul 21, 2014
Good morning house,

As new people are switching to Lions, I need to educate you guys on some tips that will help you keep your Lions in good shape and on the road beyond your imaginations.

Please, don't fall a victim to manual gearbox oil fluid change from our mechanics. Newly imported used Lions are always the victims here. They will tell or advice you to change the manual box fluid. Please, don't. Because, if you do, you won't enjoy the shifting anymore.

For most BVM5 boxes in modern Peugeots, TOTAL 75W-80 is recommended. But then, Peugeot said the oil in the box already is to be used for life, no need of changing it. But even if you are not comfortable with that claim or you observed a leakage and need to top up or change the fluid, then use TOTAL 75W-80. Its fully synthetic. But what we have in Nigeria are not fully synthetic: TOTAL 85W-90 & TOTAL 85W-140. The closest to the recommended fluid is the 85W-90. Of course, it won't harm the box if used, but the gear stick shifting will become hard and uncomfortable. You will need to apply pressure for the lever to go in a gear, unlike before you could shift with a finger or two.

Also, if you must top up, then you must drain the fully synthetic in the box and replace with the 85W-90, if you can't afford to import the 75W-80. Mixing fully synthetic with conventional fluid will damage box seals and your box will start losing fluid.

Hope that helps.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by elbashyr(m): 11:00am On Jul 21, 2014
thanks plenty.
Ikenna351: Good morning house,

As new people are switching to Lions, I need to educate you guys on some tips that will help you keep your Lions in good shape and on the road beyond your imaginations.

Please, don't fall a victim to manual gearbox oil fluid change from our mechanics. Newly imported used Lions are always the victims here. They will tell or advice you to change the manual box fluid. Please, don't. Because, if you do, you won't enjoy the shifting anymore.

For most BVM5 boxes in modern Peugeots, TOTAL 75W-80 is recommended. But then, Peugeot said the oil in the box already is to be used for life, no need of changing it. But even if you are not comfortable with that claim or you observed a leakage and need to top up or change the fluid, then use TOTAL 75W-80. Its fully synthetic. But what we have in Nigeria are not fully synthetic: TOTAL 85W-90 & TOTAL 85W-140. The closest to the recommended fluid is the 85W-90. Of course, it won't harm the box if used, but the gear stick shifting will become hard and uncomfortable. You will need to apply pressure for the lever to go in a gear, unlike before you could shift with a finger or two.

Also, if you must top up, then you must drain the fully synthetic in the box and replace with the 85W-90, if you can't afford to import the 75W-80. Mixing fully synthetic with conventional fluid will damage box seals and your box will start losing fluid.

Hope that helps.

Ikenna

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ikenna351: Good morning house,

Hope that helps.

Ikenna

Very timely information, my car mileage is 86,000 now and was thinking of changing it for preventive maintenance reasons. The idea that the gear box oil fluid can serve the life of a car worries me given how dirty those changed usually look...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
wisesystem:

Very timely information, my car mileage is 86,000 now and was thinking of changing it for preventive maintenance reasons. The idea that the gear box oil fluid can serve the life of a car worries me given how dirty those changed usually look...

You would be surprised that after 200,000 km, your gearbox oil will still look new.

If you want to find out, remove Transponder on the gearbox. Gearbox oil will likely drop. Come back and tell us what you see. You can hardly tell if its oil or water. It looks like water, its as light as water but a little bit sticky. Its even lighter than fully synthetic engine oil.

But like i said earlier, there is no harm in renewing it, if you can get the recommended oil grade outside the country or you sacrifice smooth shifting using available one in Nigeria.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by wisesystem: 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ikenna351:

You would be surprised that after 200,000 km, your gearbox oil will still look new.

If you want to find out, remove Transponder on the gearbox. Gearbox oil will likely drop. Come back and tell us what you see. You can hardly tell if its oil or water. It looks like water, its as light as water but a little bit sticky. Its even lighter than fully synthetic engine oil.

But like i said earlier, there is no harm in renewing it, if you can get the recommended oil grade outside the country or you sacrifice smooth shifting using available one in Nigeria.

Ikenna

No way man, right now my shifting is flawless and I intend to leave it that way... Thanks as always for your informative posts.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 23, 2014
Ikenna351:

120 - 140k.

Ikenna
Thanks alot sir,
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ikenna351: @ filcast

62 - 70 Ah battery will be ok.

Try Everstart battery. That's what I use and its good, so far.

Ikenna
hello ikenna, pls whats the price of Everstart battery? Also what Plug brand would you recommend and wats the cost for the set of 4? Regards.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ikenna351: @ filcast

62 - 70 Ah battery will be ok.

Try Everstart battery. That's what I use and its good, so far.

Ikenna
hello ikenna, pls whats the price of Everstart battery? Also what Plug brand would you recommend and wats the cost for the set of 4? Regards.

NB:
Car Details:
VF37BRFVP32337111 DETAILS:

1. Warranty start date: 25/03/1998

2. Vehicle family: 306 (Restyling).

3. Silhouette: 4 Door Saloon.

4. Engine type: XU.

5. Engine: XU10 J4R.

6. Transmission: 4-speed Auto gearbox, BVA 4HP14.

7. Badge: XT.

8. Driving Position: LHD.

9. Steering: Unvariable Power steering.

10. Fuel: Lead Free Petrol.

11. Fuel Supply Cut-off: With.

12. Fan: 2 Fans, 2 rates.

13. Wheel type: Alloy Wheels.

14. Tyre (size, type): 185/65 R14 H tyres.

15. ABS: With.

16. Suspension: Normal Suspension.

17. Wiper Arm: Front blade with deflector.

18. Sun roof: Fixed roof.

19. Speed Graduations: km/h.

20. Radio Controls: Remote Radio Control.

21. Front Seats Control: Manual Control.

22. Compact disc (rear): Without.

23. Front Windows Lift: Electric control.

24. Rear windows lift: Manual control.

25. Steering wheel: Leather Steer Wheel 4 branches.

Etc.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2014
filcast: hello ikenna, pls whats the price of Everstart battery? Also what Plug brand would you recommend and wats the cost for the set of 4? Regards.

NB:
Car Details:
VF37BRFVP32337111 DETAILS:

Sometime early last year, I bought my Everstart battery 12k. 75 Ah, though.

As for the spark plug, the Peugeot part number of spark plug for your engine is 5960 15. I wouldnt know if its Copper or Platinum. Platinum cost more though, about 2k each.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by filcast(m): 6:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ikenna351:

Sometime early last year, I bought my Everstart battery 12k. 75 Ah, though.

As for the spark plug, the Peugeot part number of spark plug for your engine is 5960 15. I wouldnt know if its Copper or Platinum. Platinum cost more though, about 2k each.

Ikenna
Great! Thanks a lot ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
For Peugeot owners in Abuja, I have a good news for you guys.

Not long ago, a good friend of mine in Bida, a lecturer actually, asked me to come down to Bida and educate a small community of Peugeot owners in Bida DIY tips, preventative maintenance, etc, to help them understand their Lions better and keep them on the road as long as it takes without dramas they face each time they visit auto mechanics and electricians. My friend was willing to organize the meet, if I could say yes. Of course, I said yes, but have not fixed the date. Probably, will travel to Bida for it when I start my annual leave.

It got me thinking that we could actually start off such meet in Abuja. Seeked opinion from some Peugeot owners in Abuja and they all liked the idea.

Friends of mine have promised to secure a place in town for it. I have picked Saturday morning for it, I mean, every Saturday morning, 9-11 am or so. We are still working on it. As soon as the venue/hall is secured, will let you guys know. We may even start the meet next week Saturday.

We are going to educate ourselves what and how it takes to keep our Lions in good shape, with powerpoint presentations and demonstration. Also, some basic troubleshooting tips on Peugeot cars and how not to introduce nightmares for ourselves in our Lions. How to know when what is faulty without use of diagnostic tool, especially when stranded on a journey. Its going to be interactive.

I have spoken with a Peugeot Automatic transmission Specialist who operates in Markudi, Abuja and environs. He is willing to come and educate us on how to maintain Peugeot Auto transmission and what ATF available in Nigeria to use for these transmissions like AL4, ZF trans & AM6. With time we will invite other specialists in Peugeots to come and educate and share their knowledge with us. GAZZUZZ take note. Hope you won't turn down our invitation? cheesy We need to tap that knowledge of yours in Peugeot a little. Lol!

By the way, at the end of every meet, there will be a free scan for everyone interested for FREE, with PP2000. So, you can always use every Saturday to check the health of your Lion.

Anyway, will give you guys feedback by Sunday, as soon as we conclude on the venue with my friends that want to secure it for us. If it works out, then it will start next Saturday, by the Grace of God.

Ikenna

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.