Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (486602 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Richiy(f): 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
conyema12: Hi guys I hope most of us have read 50 shades of grey.
Please what other sets of novel is in that class.
Thank you.
Have you completed the whole trilogy?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Richiy(f): 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
MidieMeliss: Hi everyone. I need Danielle Steele"s bungalow 2. Does anyone know where I can get in Ibadan?
I can help you get the epub or pdf.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by princesa(f): 9:00am On Sep 27, 2014
Prettyspicey

hi, how do I contact you then? Been searching my mail for our previous chats but can't find it.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by AfricanApple(f): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2014
so I just go to read this 'gifted hand' by Ben Carson. its a biography, for those who haven't read it should try as much as possible to do so. its one of the most inspiring biography I ever read. it tells you that you are not a dummy, no one us a dummy

good day all
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
AfricanApple: so I just go to read this 'gifted hand' by Ben Carson. its a biography, for those who haven't read it should try as much as possible to do so. its one of the most inspiring biography I ever read. it tells you that you are not a dummy, no one us a dummy

good day all

Alright. Its quite an old book. btw whats the motivation behind your choice username africanapple
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by AfricanApple(f): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
letsdothis:

Alright. Its quite an old book. btw whats the motivation behind your choice username africanapple
I so love apple that I felt it should be my birth name

d reason I love it that much is because it has the shape of love and the color of wealth... does that mean anything to you?

besides its sweet, nutri-cious and not acidic
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Calculux95: 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
Whoaaa, I can't belive I havn't discovered this thread before, I love e-books, big fan of vince flynn, favorite genre includes: political thrillers, fantasy, romance, military thrillers...

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by PrettySpicey(f): 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
princesa: Prettyspicey

hi, how do I contact you then? Been searching my mail for our previous chats but can't find it.

thmkwest1@gmail.com
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by ebbymayox(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2014
I can’t remember my mother’s touch
I can’t grasp in my memory her embrace
It’s not that she wasn’t loving
It’s not that she sheltered her love

CONTINUE READING
http://tlkdrum.com/desert-intellect/
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by murtaj(m): 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
okk
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by princesa(f): 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
Oma4u, there was a poem you tagged me in. It was really lovely although sorrowful. I dnt knw where you wrote it but honestly i loved it.

Especially a line about 'Tears rolling down the aisle of my cheek' so descriptively apt. Weldone

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
Reserved for future use.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 12:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
princesa: Oma4u, there was a poem you tagged me in. It was really lovely although sorrowful. I dnt knw where you wrote it but honestly i loved it.

Especially a line about 'Tears rolling down the aisle of my cheek' so descriptively apt. Weldone
Hello tweetie,
Happy Independence to you...and all cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by princesa(f): 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
sigmundfreud:
Hello tweetie,
Happy Independence to you...and all cheesy
Hi tweetie, happy independence to you toosmiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Tovot: 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello House, happy new month and a wonderful independence day to everyone. Feels like ages since I was last here. cheesy cheesy smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by naptu2: 5:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Bring your dancing shoes, gifts and presents this way, the party's going down!

IT'S ISHILOVE'S BIRTHDAY!!!

Friday groove right here

https://www.nairaland.com/1931086/happy-birthday-ishilove

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 03, 2014
AfricanApple: so I just go to read this 'gifted hand' by Ben Carson. its a biography, for those who haven't read it should try as much as possible to do so. its one of the most inspiring biography I ever read. it tells you that you are not a dummy, no one us a dummy

good day all

smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Rapmaestro(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2014
#Yawns# So what have I missed since my hibernation
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Tovot: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
Rapmaestro:
#Yawns# So what have I missed since my hibernation
shocked shocked I thought you had gone to space? Welcome back though.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Rapmaestro(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tovot:
shocked shocked I thought you had gone to space? Welcome back though.
Space ke I'm still on earth o, my space-craft is nt fully loaded yet. BTW, I'll take u along #winks#
Hw u doin?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Tovot: 10:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
Lai lai GOD FORBID! I WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU Rapmaestro. I am doing Great.
Rapmaestro:
Space ke I'm still on earth o, my space-craft is nt fully loaded yet. BTW, I'll take u along #winks#
Hw u doin?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Rapmaestro(m): 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tovot:
Lai lai GOD FORBID! I WILL NOT FOLLOW YOU Rapmaestro. I am doing Great.
Awww, I'm hurt *Shines teeth* is okay sha, so how has d thread been Hope y'all keeping it going..
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Tovot: 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
;d I havent been here as such o, so I cant say whats really happening, but there is a sort of poet exhibition. You can check it out, or ask texanomaly for more details.
Rapmaestro:
Awww, I'm hurt *Shines teeth* is okay sha, so how has d thread been Hope y'all keeping it going..
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Rapmaestro(m): 12:35am On Oct 07, 2014
Tovot:
;d I havent been here as such o, so I cant say whats really happening, but there is a sort of poet exhibition. You can check it out, or ask texanomaly for more details.
Thanks sweetie..
I'm guessing others like firestar, HBG are on vacation too like I was.. If y'all reading this, I missed ya so much including you Tovot #Winks#..
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by chalxdon(m): 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Hello peeps, you can just drop by www.nairaland.com/1935297/ebola-scare-stigma-story#26970535 for my little story.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by ebbymayox(m): 2:55am On Oct 10, 2014
An Exclusive Interview with award-winning writer and poet- Lola Shoneyin

About Author
Lola Shoneyin is a Nigerian award-winning writer and poet , who launched her debut novel, The Secret Lives of Baba Segi’s Wives, in the UK in May 2009. She was born in Ibadan, Nigeria. She’s is currently the director of Book Buzz Foundation, Nigeria- a non-governmental organization whose main aims are promoting literacy through the creation of reading programmes for children, developing reading spaces and organizing the Ake Arts and Book Festival,

Apart from been a poet and author, Lola is married to Ola Soyinka, a medical doctor and the son of Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka

Interview:
Me: What was it like being the only girl growing up in a family of five boys?

Lola: Some of them were not as gentle as they should have been so it was pretty tough. I learnt to defend myself quite quickly and was a mean and vicious fighter at a pretty young age.

Me: Your Book The Secret Lives of Baba Segi’s,,what influenced you writing this book?

Lola: It is based on a true story that took place in Ibadan, Oyo State. Apart from that, both my grandparents were polygamists. I wanted to interrogate that aspect of African culture. I am particular interested in the impact of cultural practices have on women.

Me: Why did you choose the alternate narrative style of writing in your book ‘Baba Segi?

Lola: The first person narrative voice is my comfort zone and I wanted to into the heads of the main characters.

Me: You were a mother of four and also a teacher when you wrote Baba Segi. How do you cope been a mother of four, a teacher and also a writer?

Lola: Structure was the key. I was living in the UK at the time so it was easy to be productive because I was living in an environment where things were predictable. It hasn’t been the same in Nigeria where there are so many things that frustrate creativity.

Me:Judging by the fact that most Nigerians prefer to read motivational writing, what do you think about the Nigerian reading culture?

Lola:With the 62.5% duty being placed on imported reading material, things will get even worse than they already are. Having said this, I am not sure that most Nigerians prefer reading motivational writing. That’s a function of a society where things have broken down and people constantly need their self-belief restored because they can’t explain the reasons for their lack of progress. Nigerians who can, read.

Me:What makes a good story, good?

Lola:An engaging plot, memorable characters. I also enjoy humour and books that hit the ground running. I generally write what I like.

When is your next book coming and what should we expect?

I honestly don’t know. I am very busy planning the Ake Arts and Book Festival.

Advice to young upcoming writers?

Live hard, read hard, write hard.
http:///zGEF3z
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 11:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nice one ebby.
Hi Ujsizzle...

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 11, 2014
smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 11, 2014
Siggyfreud howdy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 12:08am On Oct 12, 2014
Silkmoth33:
Siggyfreud howdy
SleekySilk cheesy
How are you doing?
Av not seen you in months!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 12, 2014
sigmundfreud:

SleekySilk cheesy
How are you doing?
Av not seen you in months!
cheesy I'm doing good doc!
Good to see u again
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 12:26am On Oct 12, 2014
Silkmoth33:

cheesy I'm doing good doc!
Good to see u again
Same here...are you done with studies?

(1) (2) (3) ... (661) (662) (663) (664) (665) (666) (667) ... (725) (Reply)

Silent Seduction / Diary Of A Broke Playboy / The Preacher's Son!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.