Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (486103 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
sigmundfreud:

cheesy HBG...
Sleep sometimes leave me to my devices ( or my devices sometimes relieve me of my sleep )
...But that won't explain why everyone is asleep here tongue
lol

I was complaining of this in one of the threads, we all have changed and nairaland is not on the list of things we want in our futures.

Not me though, do you need sleeping therapy?

Over the years I digged some info most people hid online, smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2015
Hello Firestar cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 4:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
firestar:
cry
Mon ami cheesy
How doest thou? embarassed
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 4:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
lol

I was complaining of this in one of the threads, we all have changed and nairaland is not on the list of things we want in our futures.

Not me though, do you need sleeping therapy?

Over the years I digged some info most people hid online, smiley
NL has a different purpose for different stages in our lives. e-lives sometimes affect real life.
So what interesting information did your sleuthing unravel?
My sleep therapy is to switch off my phone...

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
sigmundfreud:

Mon ami cheesy
How doest thou? embarassed
cry
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Hello Firestar cheesy
kiss
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 5:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
firestar:
cry
Had to check emojipedia to understand
sad
...but its better than lipsrsealed
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 04, 2015
firestar:
cry
Fire baby ^.^

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2015
sigmundfreud:

NL has a different purpose for different stages in our lives. e-lives sometimes affect real life.
So what interesting information did your sleuthing unravel?
My sleep therapy is to switch off my phone...
Pardon my manners, I wasn't supposed to enounce that kind of information here, actually an e-diary wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Your right about nl, in my early days all I cared about was getting drunk in romance, like I didn't actually have a life to live. Then I had to leave home and see the world, gone was nl, but now I know how to juggle both and make sure the coalition is smooth, with bumps here and there but manageable.

What if you miss an important call while your phone is off?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Pardon my manners, I wasn't supposed to enounce that kind of information here, actually an e-diary wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Your right about nl, in my early days all I cared about was getting drunk in romance, like I didn't actually have a life to live. Then I had to leave home and see the world, gone was nl, but now I know how to juggle both and make sure the coalition is smooth, with bumps here and there but manageable.

What if you miss an important call while your phone is off?
You are now the minister of information management.
I totally agree with you... and forgive my adding that this HBG 2.0 version is better than the previous one. Glad to know you are juggling things well.

People always call back if it's important... @ least I do.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 3:23pm On Mar 05, 2015
Hello Firestar...
Good to see you
Again

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
sigmundfreud:

You are now the minister of information management.
I totally agree with you... and forgive my adding that this HBG 2.0 version is better than the previous one. Glad to know you are juggling things well.

People always call back if it's important... @ least I do.
Really? I am? I always like to be in the "know" about everything. It always got me into trouble, thank God I am a grown up now.

What if the call was an emergency? I don't like getting old news, so I hardly miss calls. Like them still sizzling hot
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Hello Firestar...
Good to see you
Again

cool

Ah, long time no see, no?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 8:58pm On Mar 06, 2015
firestar:

cool

Ah, long time no see, no?
Something like that...
You know how it is wink
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 9:02pm On Mar 06, 2015
HumbledbYGrace:
Really? I am? I always like to be in the "know" about everything. It always got me into trouble, thank God I am a grown up now.

What if the call was an emergency? I don't like getting old news, so I hardly miss calls. Like them still sizzling hot
The more you know the more it hurts. You know that saying about how blissful ignorance can be.
Try it sometimes... If a call is important, it will find its way to you.
Hot news are sometimes bad news. cheesy
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 9:18pm On Mar 06, 2015
sigmundfreud:

Something like that...
You know how it is wink

grin
Ah. How have you been lately?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 10:38am On Mar 07, 2015
firestar:

grin
Ah. How have you been lately?
Fine most of the time.
How's poetry? Have not seen anything from you lately...
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 11:42am On Mar 07, 2015
sigmundfreud:

Fine most of the time.
How's poetry? Have not seen anything from you lately...

Yes, you're right.
(Sigh)

I need a trigger for deeper meaning.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 12:03pm On Mar 07, 2015
firestar:

Yes, you're right.
(Sigh)

I need a trigger for deeper meaning.
The "need" is a start...
I don't have such urge these days
Like it was never there
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 1:05pm On Mar 07, 2015
sigmundfreud:

The "need" is a start...
I don't have such urge these days
Like it was never there

Melt into nothing
Like it wasn't for there
But it is
Waiting
Silently
Patiently....
For a motive-
Any motive
Any at all. ..
...in the valley
Or the Midlands
In the dead of Winter
Or the dying Fall

I need that trigger.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by vonn(f): 1:48am On Mar 08, 2015
The 1st season of NL Pre-collaboration is ongoing. Different prose writers have come together to create a suspense-filled story. Don't miss out. Link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/2163215/2015-writers-pre-collaboration-season-1#31012174
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 3:51am On Mar 09, 2015
firestar:

Melt into nothing
Like it wasn't for there
But it is
Waiting
Silently
Patiently....
For a motive-
Any motive
Any at all. ..
...in the valley
Or the Midlands
In the dead of Winter
Or the dying Fall

I need that trigger.
"Amused"...
And you are on fire!
Triggered and happy
Flipping live wire

And "wet blankets"?
(...sparks...sparks...)
Shocks!
Unhealthy jolts
Kills Prey.
Watch. Pray.

2 Likes

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by jcf(m): 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2015
Hi. I'm an upcoming writer. I have this blog. I would really love if you guys could help me critique it. The url is [url]samuelagbede..[/url]
Thank you so very much! God bless!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 11:28pm On Mar 24, 2015
hello people am a writer of fantasy and mystery novels, i recently opened a blog where i post summaries of my novel, please check it out and tell me what you think.
www.akpunation.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 11:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
DIANA : the hunt
March 22, 2015 / Leave a comment / Edit

The rain pounded her skin which was made to be as strong as a dragons scale. She gazed at the valley across with her eagle eye sight, this is where the hunt begins. she thought.

Four years ago she had sacrificed her right breast to go on this hunt only to be betrayed by the man she felt she loved. she was to hunt for the 12 sacred instruments,she had done them with ease getting to the last one the same time with the warrior.

He promised her love, a family, and a throne by his side, but when he pulled the horn from the crumbling grave he chose freedom in the mortal world, and where is he now?, well he has a family of course.

Tears welled up in her eyes, but she held it off, she swore secretly to the six Olympian GODS that gave her life that never will she move a step backward for a man whether noble or wretched.

she heard the horn blow, the battle cry piercing the air sending a clear message to the opposition.

“OH ye men!” she muttered “fear DIANA!”.

His hands dug deep into the earth as he prayed to his mother GAEA for protection.He could remember this very day four years ago, vividly, he ran his hands across his face as he touched the scars that ran through is right cheek. a scar etched as a symbol of shame, defeat, loss of pride and honor but no one knew but him. He remembered the words she said vividly.

“you are too weak, killing you will only ease your agony and wash away your sorrows.” she said as she pointed her sword at his neck piercing ever so lightly. ” i wont be the one to do that for you, a lesser opponent will finish you off,but if you do find yourself alive. Use this as a reminder”. In one swift move she moved her blade effortlessly across his face.

“there is no place for the weak”

he gritted his teeth really hard as he recalled that day, if he sees her in the valley today she will be the one pinned to the floor begging for her life, she doesn’t know the demon she has created, the warrior she has molded”.

he whispered to himself, “the moment i cross this line, i will come looking for you”. his magic energy began to radiate off him, his blade, which was dug in the earth began to vibrate vigorously. It was hungry for flesh and thirsty for blood,”save your strength mullock”he pulled it out from the drenched soil “we’ve got a Diana to deal with”…………..

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Divepen1(m): 9:08am On Apr 03, 2015
who dey house
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Ashtonmcqueen(m): 12:10am On Apr 04, 2015
thought this place wz deserted
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by cisse7575(m): 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
firestar:
cry
I never know I will find you here. I wasnt before, but now I think I'm now new since Tsunami...
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by cisse7575(m): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ashtonmcqueen:
DIANA : the hunt
March 22, 2015 / Leave a comment / Edit

The rain pounded her skin which was made to be as strong as a dragons scale. She gazed at the valley across with her eagle eye sight, this is where the hunt begins. she thought.

Four years ago she had sacrificed her right breast to go on this hunt only to be betrayed by the man she felt she loved. she was to hunt for the 12 sacred instruments,she had done them with ease getting to the last one the same time with the warrior.

He promised her love, a family, and a throne by his side, but when he pulled the horn from the crumbling grave he chose freedom in the mortal world, and where is he now?, well he has a family of course.

Tears welled up in her eyes, but she held it off, she swore secretly to the six Olympian GODS that gave her life that never will she move a step backward for a man whether noble or wretched.

she heard the horn blow, the battle cry piercing the air sending a clear message to the opposition.

“OH ye men!” she muttered “fear DIANA!”.

His hands dug deep into the earth as he prayed to his mother GAEA for protection.He could remember this very day four years ago, vividly, he ran his hands across his face as he touched the scars that ran through is right cheek. a scar etched as a symbol of shame, defeat, loss of pride and honor but no one knew but him. He remembered the words she said vividly.

“you are too weak, killing you will only ease your agony and wash away your sorrows.” she said as she pointed her sword at his neck piercing ever so lightly. ” i wont be the one to do that for you, a lesser opponent will finish you off,but if you do find yourself alive. Use this as a reminder”. In one swift move she moved her blade effortlessly across his face.

“there is no place for the weak”

he gritted his teeth really hard as he recalled that day, if he sees her in the valley today she will be the one pinned to the floor begging for her life, she doesn’t know the demon she has created, the warrior she has molded”.

he whispered to himself, “the moment i cross this line, i will come looking for you”. his magic energy began to radiate off him, his blade, which was dug in the earth began to vibrate vigorously. It was hungry for flesh and thirsty for blood,”save your strength mullock”he pulled it out from the drenched soil “we’ve got a Diana to deal with”…………..
is this the first chapter? Please tell me as I have so many things to say about this
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 7:36am On Apr 09, 2015
cisse7575:
I never know I will find you here. I wasnt before, but now I think I'm now new since Tsunami...

Ah, Cisse... This be my haven.

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (725) (Reply)

Silent Seduction / Diary Of A Broke Playboy / The Preacher's Son!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.