Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

She Needs To Move On With Her Life - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Needs To Move On With Her Life (1149 Views)

Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? / PHOTOS: Lady Gets The Shock Of Her Life After Opening A New Baby Cream / Nigerian Lesbian Aderonke Apata Pleads For UK Judge To Save Her Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Needs To Move On With Her Life by safeLove(f): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2012
Hello,
I need some serious advice/suggestions on the issue below.

A very close friend of mine has been separated from her husband for over a year. She was married for just a year and half and no issues yet.
Shortly after her wedding she started complaining that her husband doesn't touch her and shouts her down whenever she tries to talk about it with him. (We have know each other for 20yrs and she's like a sister to me). She also complained of so many other things like infidelity,the hubby hitting her at the slighted provocation. And I also knew that she wasn't on talking terms with her hubby three months prior to her separation.
She went to her parents house and all efforts to for the parents to contact him or his family proved abortive and for over one year there hasn't been any kind of communication between them.
So my friend has decided to move on with her life. She got another job because she was laid off from her previous job just before she got married. She is now contemplating divorcing the hubby finally to enable her start afresh. My friend is a beautiful lady with a good head on her shoulder and she's from a good home. And it hurts me to see her everyday being a shadow of her former self. I really do support her decision to get a devorce. What do you people think?
Re: She Needs To Move On With Her Life by OYINBOGOJU(m): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2012
How does she ended up with a man she doesn't know?
Re: She Needs To Move On With Her Life by safeLove(f): 10:26am On Jul 30, 2012
Well,I don't know how well she knew him but they dated for about six months without problems. And before then I saw her struggle through relationships. She's a very hardworking lady and easily taken for granted because of her quiet nature. Like I said she lost her job just before the guy proposed and I guess that was what propelled the decision to marry him.
Re: She Needs To Move On With Her Life by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 30, 2012
If she wants to divorce him and you support her divorcing him, then what is the problem? are her parents against it or something?
Re: She Needs To Move On With Her Life by safeLove(f): 11:32am On Jul 30, 2012
chaircover: If she wants to divorce him and you support her divorcing him, then what is the problem? are her parents against it or something?
Her parents are not against it but she's confused and also wary of the stress and consequences of divorce proceedings. I have tried to encourage her the best I can.
Re: She Needs To Move On With Her Life by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 30, 2012
Re: She Needs To Move On With Her Life by safeLove(f): 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2012
Thanks CC for your kind advice. I spoke with her and she said she's already talking with a lawyer. And though she's not sure how long its going to drag on (the divorce process),she's ready to do it and move on. According to her she's just been afraid of the unknown.
Once again,thanks and God bless.
Re: She Needs To Move On With Her Life by sexiestharam(f): 6:50pm On Jul 30, 2012

(1) (Reply)

Wife/husband, Learn To Love One Another.. Learn To Appreciate Wht U Have. / Just A Thought! / Marriage Relationship: Five Keys To Effective Communication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.