Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Islam And "honour Killings" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam And "honour Killings" (3994 Views)

I Honour My Word Above My Name / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2007
I've been wondering if Islam sanctions men killing their wives or daughters to "protect the honor of the family" This sort of thing happens a lot in in the West but mostly in moslem nations. Moslems would us a favor to enlighten us on this issue. Pls you may discuss without mudslinging, brickbatting and the like.[color=Black][/color]

news.bbc.co.uk/, /4345459.stm
shieldofachilles..com/, /because-women-here-have-so-many-rights.html
www.villagevoice.com/, /0740,sellar,77929,11.html
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2007
Honor Killings bother me. But doesnt it have more to do with the family's culture/custom than religion?
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2007
It happens to be in the Muslim cultures
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 13, 2007
The LovePeddler Lived Like a German"

By Jody K. Biehl in Berlin

In the past four months, six Muslim women living in Berlin have been brutally murdered by family members. Their crime? Trying to break free and live Western lifestyles. Within their communities, the killers are revered as heroes for preserving their family dignity. How can such a horrific and shockingly archaic practice be flourishing in the heart of Europe[b]? The deaths have sparked momentary outrage, but will they change the grim reality for Muslim women?[/b]

Hatin's crime, it appears, was the desire to lead a normal life in her family's adopted land. The vivacious 23-year-old beauty, who was raised in Berlin, divorced the Turkish cousin she was forced to marry at age 16. She also discarded her Islamic head scarf, enrolled in a technical school where she was training to become an electrician and began dating German men. For her family, such behavior represented the ultimate shame -- the embrace of "corrupt" Western ways. Days after the crime, police arrested her three brothers, ages 25, 24 and 18. The youngest of the three allegedly bragged to his girlfriend about the Feb. 7 killing. At her funeral, Hakin's Turkish-Kurdish parents draped their only daughter's casket in verses from the Koran and buried her according to Muslim tradition.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,344374,00.html
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
LONDON (Reuters) - A[b] Kurdish woman was brutally raped, stamped on and strangled by members of her family and their friends in an "honor killing" carried out at her London home because she had fallen in love with the wrong man.

Banaz Mahmod, 20, was subjected to the 2-1/2 hour ordeal before she was garroted with a bootlace. Her body was stuffed into a suitcase and taken about 100 miles to Birmingham where it was buried in the back garden of a house.[/b]

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSL1919223520070719
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2007
'Honour killings' law blocked

Parliament in Jordan has overwhelmingly rejected a proposed law imposing harsher punishments for men who kill female relatives in what are known as "honour killings".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3088828.stm
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2007
These barbaric killings occur only to save the honor of the family, and not for any animosity or for wealth or gold. In 100% of cases-the killers have no animosity, rather they love the girl as their own daughter or sister, but they kill the girl anyway upon their ethical compulsion to save their family honor, or to erase family stigmas. The victims cry, beg for their life but the family members become merciless (out of their ethical prejudices and also religious burden of fear) and kill the victim. After killing family members usually mourn and cry for the victim (usually loving daughter or sister) but feel solace that they have done the right thing to save their family honor.

[b]And this kind of cruel killings to save family honor had happened, still happening, and will remain to happen-only to a Muslim family. Honor killings happen only to some designated Muslim nations such as Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Yemen, Lebanon, Egypt, Sudan, the Gaza strip and the West Bank (Palestine), Jordan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nigeria, Somalia, Turkey, Iran and some other south and central Asian countries. Bangladesh though a Muslim majority country-regular pattern of honor killings never happened as of today. But it is not unknown or impossible to record some stray incidences in Bangladeshi rural Muslim family (only) in which girl was poisoned by family members, or asked to commit suicide after being impregnated by unwed sexual intercourse.  However, this same kind of case history was never heard, or recorded in the non-Muslim family of Bangladesh.

[b]Most Muslim apologists and also some gullible westerners want to argue that the 'so called "honor killing" is not Islamic and it's a tribal/cultural vice.'  This statement is utterly untrue and only a wish full covers up.  It's true that in pre-Islamic Arab culture this heinous honor killing of women did exist; likewise, many other uncivilized practices like stoning, flogging, beheading, slavery etc also existed in the pre-Islamic Arab society. But Islam did incorporate entirely most of these inhumane/uncivilized practices of pagan society, which they now call them Allah's laws.

Had it been the tribal/cultural practice, 'honor killing' would exist amongst the Arabs only. But honor killing does happen amongst the non-Arab Muslims also.  Also Arabs belonged to all religions (Muslims, Christians, Jews, Bhai etc.) would practice honor killing with equal prevalence. Fact of the matter is-no Arab Christians, Jews or Bahai etc do practice this uncivilized act at all.  Only Arab Muslims do practice this heinous act with a regular pattern.[/b]

http://www.islam-watch.org/SyedKamranMirza/honor_killing.htm
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 13, 2007
Muhammad practised honor killing.
He had a chance to set a good exa,pmle but he failed.

Sahi Muslim No. 4206:

"A woman came to the prophet and asked for purification by seeking punishment. He told her to go away and seek God's forgiveness. She persisted four times and admitted she was pregnant. He told her to wait until she had given birth. Then he said that the Muslim community should wait until she had weaned her child. When the day arrived for the child to take solid food, Muhammad handed the child over to the community. And when he had given command over her and she was put in a hole up to her breast, he ordered the people to stone her. Khalid b. al-Walid came forward with a stone which he threw at her head, and when the blood spurted on her face he cursed her[/color][color=#990000]."
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 13, 2007
yet again Mohammed makes the man repeat his sin 4 times and carries out honor killing.
The individual saying his crime 4 times is equal to 4 witnesses.He had them brainwashed real good.

Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 63, Number 196:
Narrated Abu Huraira: A man from Bani Aslam came to Allah's Apostle while he was in the mosque and called (the Prophet ) saying, "O Allah's Apostle! I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." On that the Prophet turned his face from him to the other side, whereupon the man moved to the side towards which the Prophet had turned his face, and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." The Prophet turned his face (from him) to the other side whereupon the man moved to the side towards which the Prophet had turned his face, and repeated his statement. The Prophet turned his face (from him) to the other side again. The man moved again (and repeated his statement) for the fourth time. So when the man had given witness four times against himself, the Prophet called him and said, "Are you insane?" He replied, "No." The Prophet then said (to his companions), "Go and stone him to death." The man was a married one. Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari said: I was one of those who stoned him. We stoned him at the Musalla ('Id praying place) in Medina. When the stones hit him with their sharp edges, he fled, but we caught him at Al-Harra and stoned him till he died.
(See also Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 63, Number 195.)

Allah is indeed merciful and peaceful
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 2:14am On Dec 14, 2007
@Nwando: I wo sisi yi, oro e ma nsun mi. To ba fe so ooto, die lo ma so. O ni so ooto
yen ton. Sugbon to ba fe paro, iro e ma ga bii pe ko si ooto laiye moo. You understand
what I write, so do not pretend. Your Yoruba is stronger than mine.

Now, there is no honor killing, in Islam! Islam is the very reason that Arabs do not
treat women as properties, which was their standard view of women before Islam of
Muhammad. Islam stopped the Arabs from killing their daughters. They used to bury them
alive! Honor killing and ill treatment of women is not restricted to the Arabs alone, or to
the Muslims alone!

Death by stoning of married persons who committed adultery did not come from Islam. It
is part of Mosaic laws. It was this law which Jesus came to fulfill that prompted the leaders
of the Children of Israel to take bring accused woman to Jesus for judgement. It was his
great wisdom of saving the life of the woman, from the hands of the sinful mob, by his famous
whosoever does not sin should cast the first stone! It is this single act of kindness that the
people who call themselves Christians think that stoning is abrogated!

My question is this, in the three years that Jesus ministered his'GOSPEL,' was this the only
adultery case brought to him, to enact the Mosaic law? You do not know with any certainty.

Now the fact that Muhammad enacted it shows that it was never abolished, by Jesus! Now we
have to agree that Muhammad gave the two examples you used above, ample leeway/chance
to change their stories. In the case of the woman, upon her death, the 'HOLY PROPHET' said that
the mercy in her act is enough to cover many in Madina!

As for the man who you used above, when the people who stoned him came to tell the Messenger (as)
that during the stoning the man yelled out that he did not commit adultery, but they stoned him
until he died anyway, Muhammad said to them that they should have stopped the stoning immediately.
They should have left his condition with God!

In Islam, people are not just supposed to be picked up and be stoned to death. If you catch people in the act,
you can not just say i saw this and that. You need 3 witnesses and a full judicial hearing. Then the accusers
will swear that they saw what ever they saw 3 times. The 4th time they will swear against themselves
if they are liars!

The one who is accused will swear 3 times saying that the accusers are liars. Then the 4th time, they he/she
swears against him/herself!

Nwando, can you imaging a woman whose husband strays? What will she feel about the life of the husband?

Think about it!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 14, 2007
Forgiveness is better than stoning.
allah has no heart and you know it.

olabowale:

@Nwando: I wo sisi yi, oro e ma nsun mi. To ba fe so ooto, die lo ma so. O ni so ooto
yen ton. Sugbon to ba fe paro, iro e ma ga bii pe ko si ooto laiye moo. You understand
what I write, so do not pretend. Your Yoruba is stronger than mine.

don't get it

olabowale:

Now, there is no honor killing, in Islam! Islam is the very reason that Arabs do not
treat women as properties, which was their standard view of women before Islam of
Muhammad. Islam stopped the Arabs from killing their daughters. They used to bury them
alive! Honor killing and ill treatment of women is not restricted to the Arabs alone, or to
the Muslims alone!

They don't bury them alive now,they put a hijab on them, have kids stone them then bury them.
What a great improvement.
There are Christians  in Iran and Pakistan yet they don't kill their children for "honor"
You are right it's not restricted to Arabs but to Muslims.
Pakistanis and Nigerians are not Arabs

olabowale:

Death by stoning of married persons who committed adultery did not come from Islam. It
is part of Mosaic laws.
It was this law which Jesus came to fulfill that prompted the leaders
of the Children of Israel to take bring accused woman to Jesus for judgement. It was his
great wisdom of saving the life of the woman, from the hands of the sinful mob, by his famous
whosoever does not sin should cast the first stone! It is this single act of kindness that the
people who call themselves Christians think that stoning is abrogated!

yet the Jews and Christians don't practice it.
They understand forgiveness and the mercies of God
Allah says an eye for an eye.
Christ came to perfect the law and that perfection is a message of peace,love and forgiveness
I will show you scriptures that that law was replaced with a better covenant at the fullness of time.

olabowale:

My question is this, in the three years that Jesus ministered his'GOSPEL,' was this the only
adultery case brought to him, to enact the Mosaic law? You do not know with any certainty.

I don't need more examples.
If all the 24 hours of Jesus's life were recorded  second by second,the Bible would be as big as olumo rock.
The Holy Spirit gave us all we needed.

olabowale:

As for the man who you used above, when the people who stoned him came to tell the Messenger (as)
that during the stoning the man yelled out that he did not commit adultery, but they stoned him
until he died anyway, Muhammad said to them that they should have stopped the stoning immediately.
They should have left his condition with God!

They should have never stoned him in the first place.
Don't you get it?
Muhammad if he was a good man should have taught him the principles of living right not killed him afterall he himself committed sin upon sin including adultery,rape and pedophilia,snatching peoples wives and disobeying allahs rules
His own hands were not even clean yet allah was merciful to him.
he too should have been stoned.

olabowale:

In Islam, people are not just supposed to be picked up and be stoned to death. If you catch people in the act,
you can not just say i saw this and that. You need 3 witnesses and a full judicial hearing. Then the accusers
will swear that they saw what ever they saw 3 times. The 4th time they will swear against themselves
if they are liars!

The one who is accused will swear 3 times saying that the accusers are liars. Then the 4th time, they he/she

well tell that "noble" principle to the dead girls in the real life 21st century cases highlighted above and the thousands of muslimas killed by relatives
I didn't see Muhammad carry out a hearing before stoning a repentant nursing mother to death.
They too don't need it,he was a perfect example for them

olabowale:

Now the fact that Muhammad enacted it shows that it was never abolished, by Jesus! Now we
have to agree that Muhammad gave the two examples you used above, ample leeway/chance
to change their stories. In the case of the woman, upon her death, the 'HOLY PROPHET' said that

what a wicked prophet you have.
Could he not tell them to go and not commit anymore adultery.
He gave them ample leeway until he couldn't take it and stoning was the answer
am I reading you correctly?

olabowale:

if they are liars!

!!
Islam at it's best.
allahu arched bar

olabowale:

Nwando, can you imaging a woman whose husband strays? What will she feel about the life of the husband?

Think about it!

I guess she'll be jubilating and chanting allahu akhbar as her husband and husband  to the co wives and father of their collective 20 children is tied to a stake in the market place and stoned to death.
It will be a day of great celebration complete with kunu and a loaf of bread made with dates
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 3:22am On Dec 14, 2007
@Nwando: As much I love you as a fellow human and Nigerian, I truly dislike
your manner of reasoning! Did Moses disobey God's orders/commandments?
The answer is NO! Did Jesus son of Mary disobey God's orders/commandments?
The answer is also NO! How could Muhammad disobey God's orders/commandments?
It was impossible!

I believe that you are bent on deceit and just purely wasting my valuable time! I
think from now onward, until you demonstrate a better thinking process, I will
take everything you write as a jest, borne out of hatred and ignorance! If you had
married a Muslim, your Spiritual education will be going through a proper renovation
right now! Or a complete demolition, startin from removing the debris of the old
mindset, and complete redesign, with new and different foundation, all the way to the
ROOFING. It will take a patience and proper dedication, nurturing and rewarding!

In my heart, I do belief that I have not insulted you, but see blind faith and stubbornness!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 3:26am On Dec 14, 2007
You are free to believe whatsoever about me or my writings.
I may not have given a response you wanted but I spoke the truth.
A bitter pill to swallow sometimes.
The truth nevertheless.
and you are not obligated to read it or respond to it
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Kobojunkie: 4:19am On Dec 14, 2007
Honor killings happen more in islamic regions of the world than it does anywhere else.

As of 2004, honor killings have occurred within parts of various countries, such as Albania, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Ecuador, Germany, India, Iraq, Israel (within the Arab, Druze and Bedouin communities)[8], Italy, the Palestinian territories, Saudi Arabia, Sweden, Uganda, and the United States.[citation needed]

According to the UN:

"The report of the Special Rapporteur , concerning cultural practices in the family that are violent towards women (E/CN.4/2002/83), indicated that honour killings had been reported in Egypt, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Pakistan, the Syrian Arab Republic, Turkey, Yemen, and other Mediterranean and Gulf countries, and that they had also taken place in such countries as France, Germany and the United Kingdom, within migrant communities." [9]

An honor killing is the murder of a victim (almost always a female) by, or at the behest of, close family members with the aim of undoing the loss, or perceived loss, of wider family status owing to the actions or status of the victim. Victims are usually killed for actions seen to be sexually immodest. While honour killing is widespread among rural Muslim tribes in Pakistan and various Arab countries, it is much rarer in the Muslim communities of Malaysia and Indonesia. It had also occurred among Sikh adherents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 5:01am On Dec 14, 2007
nwando:

It happens to be in the Muslim cultures

happens in Asia too (Japan, China and such) and they're hardly Muslim

However Im not sure if that side of the world still practices it.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 5:13am On Dec 14, 2007
olabowale:

Islam is the very reason that Arabs do not treat women as properties,

If only this was true. How is hiding someone under a hijab so "other people cant look" not a way of establishing that such a person is your personal property?

Anyway the question is olabowale, why is it that honor killing still exists in Muslim nations or countries with a high population of Muslims.

In the case of the woman, upon her death, the 'HOLY PROPHET' said that

Why was she allowed to die? At least the woman who commited adultery in the eyes of the Pharisees was spared, why did Muhammad wait for her death before "praising" her? I try to avoid all these Quran bashing threads/posts but you are confusing me.

osisi, he pretty much just said you like twisting the truth.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by focused(m): 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2007
@poster :

I have said it before that Islam is a religion manufactured by the kingdom of darkness otherwise why would they kill people for any reason, whether honour killing or not.

If this religion is from God, why are they using force on people ?.

They threaten people with death in order to forcefully gain convert into Islamic religion or threaten people with death so that you will not leave that satanic religion.

This same satanic people threaten people with death (honour killing) because they refuse arranged marriage, or because they commit adultery or fornication. For God sake, all judgement belongs to God, why would these satanic human beings put laws into their hands.

If this religion is from God, why are they promoting polygamy ? Why are women being treated like possession ?

Islam is the greatest threat to human existence. Christians have to rise up and win this whole world for God and save us from the greatest satan (Islam)

Europe and North America ( Especially US) have open the door to the great devil (which is Islam ). 15 years ago, in a country like France, they don't have mosque, but now, they have more than 2000. What has Islam brought to the country other than terrorism.

Take a look at US, and the rate at which satanic places of worship(mosque) is springing up every where, if they don't find a solution to it, they will find themselves to blame
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2007
@Focused: Hope you are a Yoruba man, because I am going to talk to you in
Yoruba. But if are some other tribe, you must get a Yoruba person, maybe one of
your fornication/adultery clique to tell you what I write.

Ti won ba so wipe e go wa lara eni yon; won ti ri omugo afi ti won ba rie! O ma go o!
Won ko e ni ile to ti jade ni? Wa soro bi wipe ko si lakaye lorie! Esin ti o ni igbe raga
lati fun Olorun ni eto Olorun ni iwo Omugo, omo lason yi nke ni esin esu? O ri imale
to gbe ere siwaju ri, to so wi pe Qu rani ati Sunno/Haditi gba oun laye fun iwa idoti
no ni? Oro oruun lo ma njade lenu iwo ani yon jaku jaku yi. Elu oyinbo gba gbogbo
nko! Sugbon ko ye ko gba iru iwo din din rin yi! To ba soro lati eni yi lo, mi o ni ka,
ni to ri wipe were alaso nie!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by olabowale(m): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2007
@D reloaded: Thanks for your simple but direct question to me.

Why was she allowed to die? At least the woman who commited adultery in the eyes of the Pharisees was spared, why did Muhammad wait for her death before "praising" her? I try to avoid all these Quran bashing threads/posts but you are confusing me.

Answer: Like every prophet and Messenger, Muhammad had to enact the law of Allah God Almighty! Muhammad said in an authentic Hadith, by first negating the possibility of his only surviving child, Fatima committing thievery, but Muhammad said if she did and judged to be so, he will have no choice but to cut of the hand, which is the instrument she would have used to deprive the owner of the property the usage of the stolen property!

In proper enactment of the Sharia of Allah, there is room for mercy. And when punishment is meterred, it should not be to the poor only! I remember an article written by a Nigerian Muslim Scholar about the Amina case in the Northern part of Nigeria, in 03. He explained very clearly that forgiveness carries a greater merit, than the an eye for an eye or other punishment of the weak and poor of the society, especially when you allow the powerful, like the one who called himself, evil genius,' to remain as if he has been a model citizen!

In the time of the second Kalifah, Umar bin Khattab, his son was found guilty of fornication. Umar carried out the punishment himself. He did not let the others, who might be lenient, because it was the case of the son of the Khalifah, who was more powerful in his day than any President in this present day!

While he was lashing his son, the son demanded for water, because he was exhausted and very thirsty after last number 80! Umar stopped and ask that the part of the Qur'an that dealt with punishment be recited. After the recitation, he told the son that there was no giving of drink as part of the recitation. But the son had expired! Umar, did not stop, until he completed the remaining 20 more lashes! That night, after he was buried, Umar dreamt and saw the son, who was thanking his father, that the 20 lashes after he had died, was what made him a person of Paradise that quick!

Umar statement was always direct and unambiguous! In one Friday sermon, he spoke as if he was telling some body to be careful, even the person was in the battle field and not in the mosque, where Umar was. After a time the man mentioned in that cautionary statement came back from the campaign. His associates told him of the incidence in the Friday Sermon. The man told them that just at that time he heard the voice of Umar, looked at the direction where he was instructed, and there they were, enemies in their stratagem of war!

Moses, Jesus and any other Prophet would have no choice, but to carry judgement of GOD! The singular case in which Jesus saved the poor woman from the hands of the unjust powerful and influential of the Children of Israel, was not because Jesus took an arbitrary decision and a position, opposing his God! Never would that have been possible! It was a revelation for that occasion for which God, through His servant/messenger/slave, Jesus to call the Children of Israel to proper Justice and Mercy! They have committed worse and similar sins, in most recent times, they hid their own and did not carry out the required punishments, but they were eager in the case of the poor woman!

I asked again, was this the only case of adultery and or fornication in the 3 years of Jesus, preaching his Gospel,' about the places he went? If that woman, was forgiven, did it mean that from that point on it is the standard for the Jews to abrogate the Mosaic law concerning it? We must know that there was nothing known or called Christian or Christianity at that time. So the ruling would have applied to all of Jewry! Please ask any orthodox Jew before you respond. I already know my answer!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Dreloaded(f): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2007
You ignored my first two questions olabowole.

Like every prophet and Messenger, Muhammad had to enact the law of Allah God Almighty!

Part of the reason why Jesus existed on Earth was to "adjust" some of the barbaric Mosiac laws which included more mercy and lenancy, what was the point of Muhammad then? To watch the person die and suffer than after the death say "oh you should let her go and hbe judged by Allah". I guess Im confuzzled.

anyway back to the the inital two quetions I posed to you.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by pilgrim1(f): 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2007
D-reloaded:

You ignored my first two questions olabowole. . .

anyway back to the the inital two quetions I posed to you.

Lol. . . he's always producing volumes in order to avoid direct questions.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by pilgrim1(f): 5:01pm On Dec 14, 2007
@olabowale,

Unfortunately, your thesis does not quite meet the mark of the issue here. Honour killing is a fact - and no one can deny that Muslims who carry out such barbaric acts are doing it for no other idea or philosophy than their link to Islam.

You may argue all you want and suppose that it is not an Islamic thing - which would simply confirm again my point that Muslims today have thrashed every single warning that Muhammad protested unto them!
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 14, 2007
D-reloaded:

happens in Asia too (Japan, China and such) and they're hardly Muslim

However I'm not sure if that side of the world still practices it.

Think again.
There are muslims in Japan,China and Korea.
I'm sure there has been cases where a Yoruba father killed a daughter out of rage,it is not to protect any honor.
That is a purely Muslim/Arabic thing
The honor killing in Britain and Germany were also done by Muslims.
Prove me wrong !
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2007
olabowale:

@D reloaded: Thanks for your simple but direct question to me.

Answer: Like every prophet and Messenger, Muhammad had to enact the law of Allah God Almighty! Muhammad said in an authentic Hadith, by first negating the possibility of his only surviving child, Fatima committing thievery, but Muhammad said if she did and judged to be so, he will have no choice but to cut of the hand, which is the instrument she would have used to deprive the owner of the property the usage of the stolen property!

In proper enactment of the Sharia of Allah, there is room for mercy. And when punishment is meterred, it should not be to the poor only! I remember an article written by a Nigerian Muslim Scholar about the Amina case in the Northern part of Nigeria, in 03. He explained very clearly that forgiveness carries a greater merit, than the an eye for an eye or other punishment of the weak and poor of the society, especially when you allow the powerful, like the one who called himself, evil genius,' to remain as if he has been a model citizen!

In the time of the second Kalifah, Umar bin Khattab, his son was found guilty of fornication. Umar carried out the punishment himself. He did not let the others, who might be lenient, because it was the case of the son of the Khalifah, who was more powerful in his day than any President in this present day!

While he was lashing his son, the son demanded for water, because he was exhausted and very thirsty after last number 80! Umar stopped and ask that the part of the Qur'an that dealt with punishment be recited. After the recitation, he told the son that there was no giving of drink as part of the recitation. But the son had expired! Umar, did not stop, until he completed the remaining 20 more lashes! That night, after he was buried, Umar dreamt and saw the son, who was thanking his father, that the 20 lashes after he had died, was what made him a person of Paradise that quick!

Umar statement was always direct and unambiguous! In one Friday sermon, he spoke as if he was telling some body to be careful, even the person was in the battle field and not in the mosque, where Umar was. After a time the man mentioned in that cautionary statement came back from the campaign. His associates told him of the incidence in the Friday Sermon. The man told them that just at that time he heard the voice of Umar, looked at the direction where he was instructed, and there they were, enemies in their stratagem of war!

Moses, Jesus and any other Prophet would have no choice, but to carry judgement of GOD! The singular case in which Jesus saved the poor woman from the hands of the unjust powerful and influential of the Children of Israel, was not because Jesus took an arbitrary decision and a position, opposing his God! Never would that have been possible! It was a revelation for that occasion for which God, through His servant/messenger/slave, Jesus to call the Children of Israel to proper Justice and Mercy! They have committed worse and similar sins, in most recent times, they hid their own and did not carry out the required punishments, but they were eager in the case of the poor woman!

I asked again, was this the only case of adultery and or fornication in the 3 years of Jesus, preaching his Gospel,' about the places he went? If that woman, was forgiven, did it mean that from that point on it is the standard for the Jews to abrogate the Mosaic law concerning it? We must know that there was nothing known or called Christian or Christianity at that time. So the ruling would have applied to all of Jewry! Please ask any orthodox Jew before you respond. I already know my answer!

All this cock and bull story to tell us why a man would flog his own son to death in the name of allah.
You ought to be bundled to Afghanistan and left there.
And we are on nairaland wondering why Muslims would slaughter Christians and other muslim sects like chicken when they have no problems killing their own flesh and blood to satisfy allah.

What a religion!!
I weep for the innocent children born daily into such babrbaric mindset.
No wonder they'll blow themselves up in a whim at the promise of liquor and virgins
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Kobojunkie: 5:17pm On Dec 14, 2007
nwando:

[b]All this cock and bull story to tell us why a man would flog his own son to death in the name of allah.[/b]You ought to be bundled to Afghanistan and left there.
And we are on nairaland wondering why Muslims would slaughter Christians and other muslim sects like chicken when they have no problems killing their own flesh and blood to satisfy allah.

What a religion!!
I weep for the innocent children born daily into such babrbaric mindset.
No wonder they'll blow themselves up in a whim at the promise of liquor and virgins

LMAO!!! grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2007
I have given several authentic hadiths where Aisha (Mohammeds child bride),his nurse,first wife Khadija and others confessed that Muhammad was mentally disturbed.
He even tried to jump off a cliff in suicidal attempts,not once,not twice.
He saw things and hallucinated and confessed his demons dey bokwu
Classic confirmation of Schizophrenia.
No one should have taken him seriously if they knew he was a tormented soul
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 14, 2007
back to honor killings
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by MrTurkey(m): 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2007
grin
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by focused(m): 11:33pm On Dec 14, 2007
Hope you are a Yoruba man, because I am going to talk to you in
Yoruba. But if are some other tribe, you must get a Yoruba person, maybe one of

Ti won ba so wipe e go wa lara eni yon; won ti ri omugo afi ti won ba rie! O ma go o!
Won ko e ni ile to ti jade ni? Wa soro bi wipe ko si lakaye lorie! Esin ti o ni igbe raga
lati fun Olorun ni eto Olorun ni iwo Omugo, omo lason yi nke ni esin esu? O ri imale
to gbe ere siwaju ri, to so wi pe Qu rani ati Sunno/Haditi gba oun laye fun iwa idoti
no ni? Oro oruun lo ma njade lenu iwo ani yon jaku jaku yi. Elu oyinbo gba gbogbo
nko! Sugbon ko ye ko gba iru iwo din din rin yi! To ba soro lati eni yi lo, mi o ni ka,

@Olabowale :

I wanted to ignore what you have written, but I have decided to give you exactly what you deserve.

maybe one of

You are calling me fornicator or an adulterer, when you don't even know who I am. What are you ? a saint or a sleeper cell ? You are the greatest adulterer in this world.

You are the most stupid person on earth, thanks to your satanic religion, that is why you cannot see what we have been saying.

Won ko e ni ile to ti jade ni?

I should be asking you the same question, because if you have a proper home training, you will never ever write such insulting and rubbish response.

Wa soro bi wipe ko si lakaye lorie

Ko si ila kaye lori e ati awon family e

Esin ti o ni igbe raga
no ni? 

You are the most stupid Idiot on earth. I wonder why you are not in Guatanamo bay. I should be asking you, how did you manage to sneak into US ? Did Osama Bin Laden ( your spiritual leader ) sneak you there ? I am not surprise, all muslims acts like psychotic donkeys.

Oro oruun lo ma njade lenu iwo ani yon jaku jaku yi. Elu oyinbo gba gbogbo

Oro osi lo ma nti enu nla e jade. I wonder how a potential terrorist like you is residing in US, why not go and live in Afghanistan or Pakistan, that is the best place that befits psychotic donkey like you. US is governed with Judeo Christianity values which you loathe, then what are you still doing there or how did you manage to sneak into US.

Laye laye e, ma tun ka nkan ti mo ba ko. baba were. A ro lo ye ki won fi e si. Asiwin lola loye ki won so e.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by focused(m): 3:20am On Dec 15, 2007

I have given several authentic hadiths where Aisha (Mohammeds child bride),his nurse,first wife Khadija and others confessed that Muhammad was mentally disturbed.
He even tried to jump off a cliff in suicidal attempts,not once,not twice.
He saw things and hallucinated and confessed his demons dey bokwu
Classic confirmation of Schizophrenia.
No one should have taken him seriously if they knew he was a tormented soul

LMAO grin grin grin grin. This Islamic religion is such a joke to me. God will save us all.
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by babs787(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2007
@focused

Take it easy brother. I thought Jesus told you to turn the left cheek when slapped on the right but you havent followed the true teaching of Jesus here.

Abeg take it easy ndo, sorry se o ti gbo. We are still brothers regardless of religious difference.
grin
Re: Islam And "honour Killings" by focused(m): 4:22pm On Dec 15, 2007
@babs 787 :

Thank you brother. Yes we are all brothers, it is amazing how this religion is causing division amongst us, especially in our country Nigeria.

If we all can take away religious differences, we can live in peace and love one another.

At least you read what Olabowale has written. I don't expect him to take what I posted so personal to the extent of insulting me in Yoruba.

It is not compulsory he has to respond to what I have written if he knows that he is going to insult me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Deception A Sin? / Of Jesus, God, Forgiveness And Final Judgement / Stop Kidding Yourself. You Do Not And Cannot Love God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.