Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,715 members, 7,802,162 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? (7789 Views)

Nigerians Dont Care About High Mileage? - Is It True / Japanese Or German Cars- Which Do You Prefer And Why? / Are High Mileage Cars Really That Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by BizBooks(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
According to conventional wisdom, 80% of cars brought into Nigeria are salvage or
accidented cars. Kunle-A recently put the figure at close to 90%. Regardless of which
figure you believe, this means that about 80 out of every 100 cars brought into Nigeria
are accidented or in some cases odometer roll backs. Some people may find these figures
hard to believe but those of us in the car business understand they are highly credible.

Recently, a seller posted a car on Nairaland and dubbed it the cleanest ever. Soon after,
Inspired asked him to provide the VIN and he obliged. A subsequent check of the VIN showed
that the car was involved in a serious accident in the US before being shipped to Nigeria.
In fact, pictures of the car as it appeared after the accident are still on the internet.
I don’t know if the seller who may be a mere middleman is aware of this. The moral of this
story is: Provision of VINs on Nairaland should be mandatory just as it used to be.

The advantages and disadvantages of buying an accidented car is well known to most
Nigerian car buyers. But there is a second category of cars brought into Nigeria which is
still not widely known by many buyers and that is “high mileage cars”. High mileage cars
are a bit harder to detect because the sellers usually roll back the odometers sometimes
by as much as 100,000 miles. For instance a car that was driven for 210,000 miles in the
US will magically become 110,000 miles once it lands in Lagos. In Nigeria, this has become
the norm rather than the exception.

The all-encompassing desire of the average Nigerian car buyer to seek the cheapest price
has made the mass shipment of accidented and high mileage cars inevitable. That is the
only way most car dealers can make a profit at the price Nigerian buyers are willing to
pay. The question now is: given the choice of an accidented or high mileage car, which
will you choose.

Disclosure: There is nothing wrong in selling an accidented car as long as it is disclosed
as such. While I have personally decided not to ship accidented cars to Nigeria, I’m
seriously considering buying and shipping some cars with high mileage with no odometer
roll backs.

1 Like

Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Gentlemaxy: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2012
BizBooks: According to conventional wisdom, 80% of cars brought into Nigeria are salvage or
accidented cars. Kunle-A recently put the figure at close to 90%. Regardless of which
figure you believe, this means that about 80 out of every 100 cars brought into Nigeria
are accidented or in some cases odometer roll backs. Some people may find these figures
hard to believe but those of us in the car business understand they are highly credible.

Recently, a seller posted a car on Nairaland and dubbed it the cleanest ever. Soon after,
Inspired asked him to provide the VIN and he obliged. A subsequent check of the VIN showed
that the car was involved in a serious accident in the US before being shipped to Nigeria.
In fact, pictures of the car as it appeared after the accident are still on the internet.
I don’t know if the seller who may be a mere middleman is aware of this. The moral of this
story is: Provision of VINs on Nairaland should be mandatory just as it used to be.

The advantages and disadvantages of buying an accidented car is well known to most
Nigerian car buyers. But there is a second category of cars brought into Nigeria which is
still not widely known by many buyers and that is “high mileage cars”. High mileage cars
are a bit harder to detect because the sellers usually roll back the odometers sometimes
by as much as 100,000 miles. For instance a car that was driven for 210,000 miles in the
US will magically become 110,000 miles once it lands in Lagos. In Nigeria, this has become

The all-encompassing desire of the average Nigerian car buyer to seek the cheapest price
has made the mass shipment of accidented and high mileage cars inevitable. That is the
only way most car dealers can make a profit at the price Nigerian buyers are willing to
pay. The question now is: given the choice of an accidented or high mileage car, which
will you choose.

Disclosure: There is nothing wrong in selling an accidented car as long as it is disclosed
as such. While I have personally decided not to ship accidented cars to Nigeria, I’m
seriously considering buying and shipping some cars with high mileage with no odometer
roll backs.
thanks for the information, are you an importer of cars? I need a car that is good in everything.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Emperoh(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2012
One of the toughest choices for any informed car buyer.
For me, accidented cars make it as long as i know where the impact was from and to what extent the car was damaged.
The truth about high mileage cars is that their internal parts may be nearing the end of their life cycle and the new user
will then be saddled with changing one worn part after another.

If your case is worse enough and you buy a car which the previous owner was not a meticulous user who services the unit regularly
and doesn't change the parts as recommended by the manufacturer, then you can be sure that your period of ownership will be fraught with
unpleasant stories and expenses.

In all, a buyer should be properly made to be aware of what he is buying into and necessary situations
painted clearly for him/her.

But to ensure peace of mind, please save up enough and buy a clean title vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by BizBooks(m): 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2012
@Emperoh,

Just as we have high quality salvage cars, there are also high quality high mileage cars.
Those consist of what is called "highway miles". This means that they were mostly driven on
highways or express roads. Such cars do not exhibit the type of wear and tear seen in other
high mileage cars eg those driven in major cities with a lot of stop and go traffic.

Here, the phrase "highway miles" is used as a sales pitch. If you see a car with true
highway miles, buy it. The brakes, transmission, shock absorbers and other moving parts
are likely to be in good shape.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
Emperoh: One of the toughest choices for any informed car buyer.
For me, accidented cars make it as long as i know where the impact was from and to what extent the car was damaged.
The truth about high mileage cars is that their internal parts may be nearing the end of their life cycle and the new user
will then be saddled with changing one worn part after another.

If your case is worse enough and you buy a car which the previous owner was not a meticulous user who services the unit regularly
and doesn't change the parts as recommended by the manufacturer, then you can be sure that your period of ownership will be fraught with
unpleasant stories and expenses.

In all, a buyer should be properly made to be aware of what he is buying into and necessary situations
painted clearly for him/her.

But to ensure peace of mind, please save up enough and buy a clean title vehicle.

its better to save your life by getting a high mileage than accident damage becoz you dont know how much damage was done to the car's body structure
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Lexusgs430: 6:56am On Jul 31, 2012
There is absolutely nothing wrong with either. An accident registered vehicle might just have had slight impact on panels. It is imperative to request post - accident pictures of vehicle, many dubious sellers might claim the vehicle had only a slight impact,whereas it might have had a very bad impact on either the front,rear, side or tyre sections.

Also buying a higher mileage vehicle with extended history is better than buying a vehicle with lesser mileage, with no history @ all. Put into consideration that the lesser mileage vehicle might also have had its odometer tampered with.

Always listen to your heart, if you smell a rotten lemon, walk away!!!!

NB : Extended test drives + review sites should be your companion in a vehicle purchase.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 31, 2012
Excellent stuff BizBooks, really like this post.

I'd also like to add that one can easily detect an odometer rollback by getting the CARFAX or Autocheck report and comparing the last recorded mileage on the report to the mileage of the car (most times the mileage of a car is recorded on either of these reports whenever a log is made).
The difference between the mileage on the report and that recorded on the car should not be much.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 31, 2012
I'd also like to add, if a car dealer will not provide the VIN for a vehicle then "RUN, RUN, RUN"
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Areaboy2(m): 8:45am On Jul 31, 2012
Well, I guess a safe bet will be to go with an accidented car with VIN provided. That way you can have an idea of the extent and damage caused by whatever collision it had. Body/rear bumper damage should be a safe bet too. That way the engine area is kept safe and free

On the other hand, there is no way to tell Highway miles from city miles if you don't tear down the car and look deep. so I'll rather avoid those

you can say "Houston we have a problem" when the car is both accidented and odometer rolled! lol

1 Like

Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by cretin: 8:46am On Jul 31, 2012
as an auto vin report provider on nairaland..i quite agree with the 90% statistic given by bizbooks...i hv run thousands od vin reports..and more than 90% of them are salvage/junk/accidented..........looking at it from the economics point of view..u don really blame the car dealers...nigerians want to buy cars at the cheapest price price possible..i remeber a client telling me he has 2.3 million naira..and he wants a 2010 toyota camry!!..factoring in the exchange rate , freight n clearing cost..its impossible for any car dealer to bring in a clean car at such price...the only option is a junk/accidented car.

back to topic..an accidented car isnt so bad if the type of accident is stated/known....some accidents are quite cosmectic..but any car that has FRAME DAMAGE listed in the vin report is a big no no...this means that the chassis has been damaged..the car would hv stability n vibrational issues..

high mileage cars on the other hand is still dicey...cos a car with 150k miles that is well maintained with regular oil changes/maintainace is better than a similar car with 40k miles that wasnt well maintained...heard of a case where a lady didnt change her oil for more than 10k miles...n the oil dried up and the oil warning light came up...that was when she took the car to a service center!!..by then the engine was halfway gone.....the dealer adviced her to trade in the car and pick a new car..that the car will give her problems in the future........so any unlucky person who buys that car will surely be in soup...cos even though the mileage is low..the engine is gone........

toyota gearbox has a service life of about 300k from factory
honda has about 230k miles
nissan about 150k miles.

other componenets in the car hv service life like timing belt..oil pump...water pump etc

so buying any of these car models where the mileage is close to the above listed figures...then the possibilty of ur changing the gearbox is very high
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by BizBooks(m): 12:41pm On Jul 31, 2012
Gentlemaxy: thanks for the information, are you an importer of cars? I need a car that is good in everything.

Discussing business in this section is frowned upon. Contact me at BizMotors@aol.com or
drop your email and I will contact you.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by aieromon(m): 5:49am On Aug 01, 2012
Thanks for this wonderful piece of information. Its a pity that most of it will still fall on deaf ears.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by fisqokool: 8:48am On Aug 01, 2012
Buying a clean title is the best to me, i will like to have a site where i can check VIN whenever i want to buy car
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by abiamahart: 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2012
@Bizbookd
Nice thread
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by FindOut(m): 8:50am On Aug 02, 2012
BizBooks: According to conventional wisdom, 80% of cars brought into Nigeria are salvage or

will you choose.

roll backs.

the car in question ''the cleanest ever....'', that would be one of the 2 cars I advertised recently. I make bold to say I'm the culprit sad

I noticed the car was likely accidented a few days ago when I looked physically at it & noticed something strange about the front bumper, like it had been replaced. & the funny thing is I'm not even exactly a middleman in the real sense. I simply help the man advertise his cars (he's a friend), clients call me, I refer them to him for negotiation & everything else, tho yeah, if a sale succeeds, i get settled with something, even though i'm not given to asking, especially when the initial price he wanted is close to, or the same as he actually got. I have other things that keep me busy, & pay me some small change. Lol

I was to have advertised about 6 of his cars, the pics are still saved on my laptop, but i ended up posting just 2. Reason: I copied the VIN & decided to view the reports myself before advertising them, 3 of the 4 cars whose reports i ordered had suffered some damage, i was surprised coz sincerely, these cars are VERY clean in and out & they drive beautifully. Unfortunately, i hadn't checked the corolla's VIN before putting it up, hence i promptly supplied the number the moment Inspired asked for it.

I hereby request that the thread be deleted, coz I 've always been against selling of salvaged vehicles & i will be the last person to sell one or consciously allow a buyer purchase one without him knowing its full history.

Four people called me in respect of the car and the first thing i told them was to request for the carfax report and get back to me coz i was already sceptical. Wouldve requested it from Export1 myself but i don too disturb the guy with requests lately so i decided to chill a bit.lol

I dont compromise QUALITY in anything I buy or sell because my integrity means a whole lot to me. Not to mention the fact that i've seen the benefits in the business i do on the side. When I have something to say, people listen, take me seriously & keep their faith in me.

Once again, my apologies (if required) to the house, and Oga Inspired, please delete the thread. I havnt updated it in a week now.

Advice: if a car looks tooo clean for its age and mileage, it could be a warning sign. Always request for a VIN check.

Some salvaged cars may have been fixed properly, especially if d repairs were done there in the US, and there was no damage to the body frame but there's almost no way to be sure. Its better to be safe than sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by May22nd(m): 12:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
what is the full meaning of VIN in car or vehicle?
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by BizBooks(m): 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
Find Out!:

the car in question ''the cleanest ever....'', that would be one of the 2 cars I advertised recently. I make bold to say I'm the culprit sad

Yes, indeed you're correct. I was referring to one of the cars you posted for sale. Kudos for
owning up to it. However, in providing the VIN, it occurred to me that you may not be aware
of the history of the car. Obviously if you did, you may not have released the VIN. That's
exactly why most Sellers on Nairaland do not include VINs in their ads even under the threat
of been banned or having the ad deleted.

Most salvage cars are repaired here in the US before being shipped to Nigeria. There are
mechanics here (mostly from Mexico) who are experts in fixing accidented cars. They fix the
cars in such a way that makes it difficult for one to tell the car has been involved in an
accident merely by looking at it. That's why I encourage everybody to run a VIN report before
buying a car. Even if the Seller did not include the VIN in his Nairaland ad, make sure you
get it from him one way or the other. If he is not willing to give it to you, simply walk
away. He is hiding something sinister.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Emperoh(m): 1:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
Find Out!:

I noticed the car was likely accidented a few days ago when I looked physically at it & noticed something strange about the front bumper, like it had been replaced. & the funny thing is I'm not even exactly a middleman in the real sense. I simply help the man advertise his cars (he's a friend), clients call me, I refer them to him for negotiation & everything else, tho yeah, if a sale succeeds, i get settled with something, even though i'm not given to asking, especially when the initial price he wanted is close to, or the same as he actually got. I have other things that keep me busy, & pay me some small change. Lol

I was to have advertised about 6 of his cars, the pics are still saved on my laptop, but i ended up posting just 2. Reason: I copied the VIN & decided to view the reports myself before advertising them, 3 of the 4 cars whose reports i ordered had suffered some damage, i was surprised coz sincerely, these cars are VERY clean in and out & they drive beautifully. Unfortunately, i hadn't checked the corolla's VIN before putting it up, hence i promptly supplied the number the moment Inspired asked for it.

I hereby request that the thread be deleted, coz I 've always been against selling of salvaged vehicles & i will be the last person to sell one or consciously allow a buyer purchase one without him knowing its full history.

Four people called me in respect of the car and the first thing i told them was to request for the carfax report and get back to me coz i was already sceptical. Wouldve requested it from Export1 myself but i don too disturb the guy with requests lately so i decided to chill a bit.lol

I dont compromise QUALITY in anything I buy or sell because my integrity means a whole lot to me. Not to mention the fact that i've seen the benefits in the business i do on the side. When I have something to say, people listen, take me seriously & keep their faith in me.

Once again, my apologies (if required) to the house, and Oga Inspired, please delete the thread. I havnt updated it in a week now.

Advice: if a car looks tooo clean for its age and mileage, it could be a warning sign. Always request for a VIN check.

Some salvaged cars may have been fixed properly, especially if d repairs were done there in the US, and there was no damage to the body frame but there's almost no way to be sure. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Nice one for owning up. . . i admire your courage and sincerity.
However, note that accidented cars in themselves are not bad. I advertise some here.
But be sure to please state them and if you know, which side of the car was affected by the damage
The key is the client knowing and being aware of what they are negotiating for.

Kudos

Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Emperoh(m): 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
BizBooks:

Yes, indeed you're correct. I was referring to one of the cars you posted for sale. Kudos for
owning up to it. However, in providing the VIN, it occurred to me that you may not be aware
of the history of the car. Obviously if you did, you may not have released the VIN. That's
exactly why most Sellers on Nairaland do not include VINs in their ads even under the threat

Most salvage cars are repaired here in the US before being shipped to Nigeria. There are
mechanics here (mostly from Mexico) who are experts in fixing accidented cars. They fix the
cars in such a way that makes it difficult for one to tell the car has been involved in an
accident merely by looking at it. That's why I encourage everybody to run a VIN report before
buying a car. Even if the Seller did not include the VIN in his Nairaland ad, make sure you
get it from him one way or the other. If he is not willing to give it to you, simply walk

sent you a mail!
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by FindOut(m): 11:57am On Aug 03, 2012
BizBooks:

Thanks boss. True, The VIN is important o, & I'm glad Monitor 1 & Inspired try their best to enforce the rule in the autos section. Yeah, i think some accidented cars are well fixed too, a friend's dad has been using an accidented Honda Accord 2006 EX for d past 3 years now without any major issue. Initially tho, there used to be some weird sound from the engine, & d fuel consumption was terrible for a 2.4 litre 4 cylinder, but the faults were rectified soon after purchase. The man actually knew it was an accidented vehicle before buying it, & he got it about 500k cheaper than d market price then. Infact, the car is a beauty, with nav system, leather seats e.t.c, but its very obvious to a keen eye that at 3 of the cars airbags (driver, passenger, driver side airbags) have deployed before. The steering & d passenger airbag compartment has been replaced & is of a diff colour shade than the rest of the car, but how sure are we that they contain functionin airbags now? So, i guess accidented cars WITHOUT frame damage which are well fixed may not be so bad afterall.

Emperoh:

However, note that accidented cars in themselves are not bad. I advertise some here.
But be sure to please state them and if you know, which side of the car was affected by the damage

Kudos

Thanks for the complements Oga Emperoh, Yes, you are right, full disclosure is key like you said, so the potential buyer knows what he's getting into & can take extra special care (if necessary) of the car after purchase.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by FindOut(m): 12:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
BizBooks:

Thanks boss. True, The VIN is important o, & I'm glad Monitor 1 & Inspired try their best to enforce the rule in the autos section. Yeah, i think some accidented cars are well fixed too, a friend's dad has been using an accidented Honda Accord 2006 EX for d past 3 years now without any major issue. Initially tho, there used to be some weird sound from the engine, & d fuel consumption was terrible for a 2.4 litre 4 cylinder, but the faults were rectified soon after purchase. The man actually knew it was an accidented vehicle before buying it, & he got it about 500k cheaper than d market price then. Infact, the car is a beauty, with nav system, leather seats e.t.c, but its very obvious to a keen eye that at 3 of the cars airbags (driver, passenger, driver side airbags) have deployed before. The steering & d passenger airbag compartment has been replaced & is of a diff colour shade than the rest of the car, but how sure are we that they contain functionin airbags now? So, i guess accidented cars WITHOUT frame damage which are well fixed may not be so bad afterall.

Emperoh:

Kudos

Thanks for the complements Oga Emperoh, Yes, you are right, full disclosure is key like you said, so the potential buyer knows what he's getting into & can take extra special care (if necessary) of the car after purchase.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Fhemmmy: 5:14am On Aug 05, 2012
ZIM DRILL:
its better to save your life by getting a high mileage than accident damage becoz you dont know how much damage was done to the car's body structure

How do u really know a ride that has not been in an accident apart from someone that is able to tell an accidental ride from the one that has never been in an accident apart from the one that is shown to you on the VIN Number, i have said it before and will say it AGAIN . . . VIN is not good enuf to show a ride that has an accident on NOT, what if it was not recorded.

I will buy and use both a high mileage ride, especially one bought in western world and not on those death trapped roads
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
Fhemmmy:

How do u really know a ride that has not been in an accident apart from someone that is able to tell an accidental ride from the one that has never been in an accident apart from the one that is shown to you on the VIN Number, i have said it before and will say it AGAIN . . . VIN is not good enuf to show a ride that has an accident on NOT, what if it was not recorded.

I will buy and use both a high mileage ride, especially one bought in western world and not on those death trapped roads

it depends with the country here in uk if there serious body damage to the car, the car has to be retested by the government body to be back on the road and that will show on the system if you check the car's history

so here in uk you can check if the car has been involved in any serious accidents
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by aieromon(m): 2:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Can you please cite instances where cases of accidents are not recorded?

I thought it was impossible and criminal to do such especially in an organised society.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
aieromon:

I thought it was impossible and criminal to do such especially in an organised society.

There are several instances whereby damaged cars are not recorded.

A car that's been in an accident, whereby the owner chose to repair the car without involving the insurance company.
A car that's been in an accident, and was not insured at the time.
A car that's been in an accident, whereby the third party wasn't insured, so chose to pay for repairs privately, rather than involve the Law.
A car that's been flood damaged in a garage, when it was not insured, because the owner cancelled whilst on holiday.
A car that's been in an accident, whereby the excess payable was worth more than the owner was willing to pay, so was repaired privately.

I have personally bought two such cars, I knew their history, but they were unrecorded.

One had suspension damage, where it drove into a pothole in the dark. I repaired it and used it for three years.

The second had sill and both nearside door damage, where the lady owner lost control in the snow, and struck a concrete bollard. I had both doors replaced, a new sill welded in, nearside painted, and drove this car, a 2003 Volkswagen Bora 1,9 TDI PD Sport for five years, including extensive trips driving on the Continent.

So yes, not all accident / storm damaged cars are recorded. You're not oblighed to report an accident, if there was no other car involved, or if the third party didn't suffer any injuries.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

it depends with the country here in uk if there serious body damage to the car, the car has to be retested by the government body to be back on the road and that will show on the system if you check the car's history

so here in uk you can check if the car has been involved in any serious accidents

Ofcourse, anywhere in the world apart from Africa, a serious accident, MOST will be reported and tested, but here is a question for you . . . You enter into a serious accident in UK and you know that your insurance premium will go up ( I dont know UK too well oh) once the accident is reported and you have an uncle who has a great body work shop . . . would go and report the accident, if the police was not called to the scene of an accident ( In Canada, it is even a crime to leave a scene of an accident without reporting or calling the authority . . . but would you fix the ride yourself by your uncle and dont report it, or would you call the insurance and the police and report it and damn the consequence of paying more premium, please be honest and dont be politically right
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Fhemmmy: 6:57pm On Aug 05, 2012
aieromon:

There are so many accidents that never got reported, and yes, it could not be a kool thing and not on the law side to have an accident not reported, but when a man knows the consequence of reporting it and when you see the extent of the accident, most are not reported.
But Siena has said it all
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Ofcourse, anywhere in the world apart from Africa, a serious accident, MOST will be reported and tested, but here is a question for you . . . You enter into a serious accident in UK and you know that your insurance premium will go up ( I dont know UK too well oh) once the accident is reported and you have an uncle who has a great body work shop . . . would go and report the accident, if the police was not called to the scene of an accident ( In Canada, it is even a crime to leave a scene of an accident without reporting or calling the authority . . . but would you fix the ride yourself by your uncle and dont report it, or would you call the insurance and the police and report it and damn the consequence of paying more premium, please be honest and dont be politically right

that will only work if you have an accident on your own you are able to tow the car without being seen by the public
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by Fhemmmy: 10:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
ZIM DRILL:

that will only work if you have an accident on your own you are able to tow the car without being seen by the public

Not totally true at all, SIr . . . In most cases, yeah.
Try and let a "Chinese" hit your ride and you will see how they will beg and apologize for them to fix the ride and dont get the police involved.
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by aieromon(m): 6:05am On Aug 08, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Not totally true at all, SIr . . . In most cases, yeah.
Try and let a "Chinese" hit your ride and you will see how they will beg and apologize for them to fix the ride and dont get the police involved.
grin
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by aieromon(m): 6:06am On Aug 08, 2012
How do you detect a high mileage car whose odometer has been rolled back?
Re: Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? by cretin: 9:11am On Aug 08, 2012
aieromon: How do you detect a high mileage car whose odometer has been rolled back?

a vin report with mileage data will expose any car with odometer rollback..............you need to come to my thread and order a vincheck asap!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2007/08 Lexus GS 350 And 2008 Mercedes-benz C300 / Let's Compare 2005 Lexus ES 330 And 2010 Toyota Corolla / Helmet In Lagos: He Disappeared!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.