Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage (10218 Views)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / The Culture Lounge / halftribe.com - Promoting The Arts & Culture Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy Michelin89 and Odumchi are ready to take the culture board to the next level, making it the most visited board on the entire forum and we need your help. Join Odumchi and I to look for interesting topics to propose for the frontpage and let's show Nairaland that this board is the most interesting, intelligent and enlightening of the entire forum.

We nor go let those politics people steal our shine like they did with the Igala thread. So people, start to dey post link for here. The threads will later be sent to the administration. Oya oya!

If we lose this race, make una come dey open una mouth dey complain o, because I nor ready for any of una yawa.

May the best win, and we are the best!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by AndreUweh(m): 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
michelin89: cheesy cheesy cheesy Michelin89 and Odumchi are ready to take the culture board to the next level, making it the most visited board on the entire forum and we need your help. Join Odumchi and I to look for interesting topics to propose for the frontpage and let's show Nairaland that this board is the most interesting, intelligent and enlightening of the entire forum.

We nor go let those politics people steal our shine like they did with the Igala thread. So people, start to dey post link for here. The threads will later be sent to the administration. Oya oya!

If we lose this race, make una come dey open una mouth dey complain o, because I nor ready for any of una yawa.

May the best win, and we are the best!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Your idea sounds good but sometimes I feel that there people up there who are not interested in what happens here. For example, there is a thread about Igbo trad attire and meanings going on now. It does not make the front page but immediately an Igbo monarch is kidnapped, it appears in the front page. I strongly believe that the mentality of those who put threads in the front page should be examined. Check out this thread below.
https://www.nairaland.com/998386/igbo-attire-meaning
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
Thanks Andre! Moving in the right direction. smiley

1 Like

Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 6:47am On Aug 04, 2012
The vitality of our section is in your hands and ours. If you guys don't suggest what you'd like on the home page to us, we can't be blamed.

I urge you guys to use this opportunity to move us in the right direction.
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by anonymous6(f): 7:30pm On Aug 08, 2012

1 Like

Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 8:40am On Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions, Anonymous.

1 Like

Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by amor4ce(m): 7:37am On Sep 03, 2012
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2012
Thanks for your suggestion.
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by amor4ce(m): 1:20am On Sep 05, 2012
Kindly let us know the yardsticks so we can get appropriate articles.
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 1:40am On Sep 05, 2012
I'm guessing that by "yardsticks" you mean "standards".

Just feel free to post anything that you may find interesting and would like to see on the home page. There is absolutely no limit to the amount of suggestions that you (each person) can make.
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 4:05am On Sep 13, 2012
amor4ce: https://www.nairaland.com/1036847/glitz-glamour-isinro-festival-oke-ila

I'm sure you've observed how this medium has allowed your topic to reach its intended destination (the front page).

I'd like to once again encourage all others that have interesting topics to take advantage of this thread just like Amor4ce has.
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 30, 2012
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 4:59am On Oct 01, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion.
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by Fulaman198(m): 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
I want to thank Odumchi and others for their fine work with the culture board. Please keep up the great work and contributions.

1 Like

Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
*Kails*:
https://www.nairaland.com/1067175/what-amuses-most-nigerian-men#12448916

^^would be a fun thread. smiley

Done! smiley

Fulaman198: I want to thank Odumchi and others for their fine work with the culture board. Please keep up the great work and contributions.

We are at your service cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by AndreUweh(m): 11:16pm On Oct 11, 2012
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 11:22pm On Oct 11, 2012
Andre Uweh: https://www.nairaland.com/1071844/igbo-what-makes-someone-igbo#12523095
Front page lease.

Thanks for the submission!
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by somegirl1: 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
Am I the only one who's noticed that this section died after the "beauty of...." threads were moved?

I think those threads drew attention to this section.
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2012
some-girl:
Am I the only one who's noticed that this section died after the "beauty of...." threads were moved?

I think those threads drew attention to this section.

They drew unwanted attention and were unpopular (based on the feedback we recieved from Nairalanders) and also threatened the site.

It's better to have a culture section that's actually about culture than to have what we had before, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by StarFlux: 11:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
odumchi:

They drew unwanted attention and were unpopular (based on the feedback we recieved from Nairalanders) and also threatened the site.

It's better to have a culture section that's actually about culture than to have what we had before, don't you think?
I must say I found all the "beauty" topics very funny. But I agree that this is for the better. Shame no one seems very interested sad.
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by jonath0012(m): 8:36am On Nov 02, 2012
please i want this link n the front page
www.nairaland.com/1089339/how-keep-certificate-safely
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 8:39am On Nov 02, 2012
jonath0012: please i want this link n the front page
www.nairaland.com/1089339/how-keep-certificate-safely

I really have no control over that since it's not in the Culture section. Please inbox the Career section mod.
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by Nobody: 2:30am On Dec 05, 2012
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by Nobody: 2:55am On Dec 05, 2012
^^lol. grin
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 3:45am On Dec 05, 2012
CAMEROONPRIDE: https://www.nairaland.com/1122925/word-monkey-africans-what-nigga#13241610

PLEASE MODE. AFRICANS ARE DEGRADING THEMSELVES.

As you say in French, fini!

*Kails*:
^^lol. grin

Lol, what's so funny?
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by Nobody: 4:07am On Dec 05, 2012
odumchi:

As you say in French, fini!

Merci
Re: Promoting The Culture Board On The Frontpage by odumchi: 4:12am On Dec 05, 2012
Avec plaisir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Ghanaian's Offended By The Name 'Ghana Must Go' Giving to a Particular Bag? / The Different Races In Africa / Igbo Women Don't Say "cha Cha Cha! Igbo Kwenu!""

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.