Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria (5338 Views)

Ghana Visa Requirement For Nigerians From July / NEMA Evacuates Nigerians From Yemen (photos) / South Africa Home Affairs In Musina Limpopo 40 To 50 Nigerians Are Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by wurajone(f): 7:47pm On Jul 30, 2012
Abuja – Mr Olugbenga Ashiru, the  Minister of Foreign Affairs, on Monday said about 50 Nigerians had so far been evacuated from Syria following the ongoing crises in the country.

Ashiru said in Abuja that the evacuees complied with government’s directive to leave Syria and he advised others to vacate the Middle East nation.

“We have evacuated quite a lot of Nigerians from Syria, it was not an airlift exercise like we did in the case of Libya because they are very few.

“From the report I got, those moved so far are less than 50, long before the situation deteriorated we advised them to move.

“Some have decided to stay behind but it is their choice.’’

The minister also said that the families of the Charge d’Affairs and officials at the embassy had been relocated to the neighbouring nation of Lebanon “and they are very safe there.’’

It will be recalled that the Syrian conflict began on March 15, 2011 with public demonstrations as part of the wider Arab spring and developed into a nationwide uprising.

Nigeria and Syria established diplomatic ties in 1961. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/fg-evacuates-about-50-nigerians-from-syria/
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Chanchit: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
Blood of God.....! What the fu**ck are they doing in Syria....!?
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by justwise(m): 9:23am On Jul 31, 2012
@ Isaactop9 and Tadup

Don't use this thread to launch your tribal war.
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Okijajuju1(m): 9:23am On Jul 31, 2012
Fresh Air Things!!
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by playahP(m): 9:25am On Jul 31, 2012
Nawao!!! Bloody hell now!
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Enlightened1: 9:26am On Jul 31, 2012
Damn, now I believe Nigerians are friggin every where on the Globe!!! I won't be surprise to hear that we have Nigerians in Greenland. I sure bet we've got Nigerians in Iraq, Afghanistan and Sri Lanka too!
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 31, 2012
Nigerians in diaspora! I won't be surprised if some nigerians live in mars and the other planets.SMH!
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by postemail: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2012
The hypocritical west would not leave Syria alone. A country at peace before now. Just because of Israel and the need to starve Hezbollah of funds and arms, they have armed the opposition by false pretense -democracy and freedom. What about Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE etc.? these are all undemocratic states without human right.

1 Like

Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by NosaHenry(m): 9:29am On Jul 31, 2012
Why is the minister taking pride in an exercise he did not undertake. Nigerians leave Syria on their own accord without government assistance. Federal government will ever fail to disappoint. Nonsense!!!!
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 31, 2012
Thank God
[quote author=pembisco][/quote]
Who is this newe wannabe undecided
Its too late to beg 4 popularity mtscheeew angry
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by slimdiggi: 9:30am On Jul 31, 2012
Waka waka looking to for greener pastures to the ends of the earth,na only bomb and bullets fit drive una come una papa house
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by excondido(m): 9:30am On Jul 31, 2012
being in syria now na serious kamakazi. but our 9ja guys no go hear.
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by boyendowed(m): 9:31am On Jul 31, 2012
[quote author=Parsonpikin]

...and you think you just said something reasonable?
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Lordave: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2012
Good 1 by FG
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2012
Igbos make money in Nigeria Other Tribes complain, They travel out making money they complain, Igbos wanna leave Godforsaking Nigeria hell no, that tribe better be slave to cattle rearers than allow it. Oh!!!
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by ebamma(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2012
i won't be suprised to hear that there are nigerians in bermuda
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Sweetnelson(m): 9:43am On Jul 31, 2012
Omo mak doz men kawa 4rm dia nw..i stil dnt get y pple like stayn put n a troubled nation lik syria cry
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by KINGwax(m): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2012
Have u checked hiati? They'll be there too
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by donigspain(m): 9:46am On Jul 31, 2012
Nosa-Henry:
Why is the minister taking pride in an exercise he did not undertake. Nigerians leave Syria on their own accord without government assistance. Federal government will ever fail to disappoint. Nonsense!!!!
Are you ok? Seriously, it's not too late to take your usual morning pills...
NB: Get that 'Henry' off your handle. You disappoint the Committee of Henrys.
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 31, 2012
anybody has a problem with Igbo nation..... should please hug a huge transformer.... haba.
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by frankcimc(m): 9:57am On Jul 31, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]Nigerians in diaspora! I won't be surprised if some nigerians live in mars and the other planets.SMH![quote]

I tell ya you can't imagine where some Nigerians are, I was in middle of nowhere or say village in Macau and Vietnam and I met my brothers, really we are everywhere.
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by ayoola2002(m): 9:57am On Jul 31, 2012
Chanchit: Blood of God.....! What the fu**ck are they doing in Syria....!?

I wonder oooooo
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Enlightened1: 9:58am On Jul 31, 2012
Just a question...... Why do people on Nairaland like to turn every topic or thread on here to Tribal and Ethnic war. Can't we just comment without the tribal and ethnic bashing!!

They are talking about Nigerians evacuated from Syria. Some dickhead starts by saying it's the Igbos! How do you know it's Igbo. Where you there to know first hand?

It's not compulsory to post on every thread or topic. Sometimes its better to just stay off, when you don't have something to comment, than to resort to ethnic and tribal bashing!
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Igbos make money in Nigeria Other Tribes complain, They travel out making money they complain, Igbos wanna leave Godforsaking Nigeria hell no, that tribe better be slave to cattle rearers than allow it. Oh!!!
I tire my brother! Am as angry as u are but lemme reserve my comment!
Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by niyitogun(m): 10:12am On Jul 31, 2012
If only they can evacuate us from nigeria to the u.s or caribbeans too as we hv security concerns here in naija too

1 Like

Re: FG Evacuates About 50 Nigerians From Syria by postemail: 10:13am On Jul 31, 2012
There's nothing wrong with Nigerians being in Syria if there are job or business opportunities. C'mon guys, the jobless rate is high in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hajj 2024: Nigeria Gets 95,000 Quota - NAHCON / It Easy To Travel With Benin Internation Passport And Go To Almost 60 Country! / Who Schooled And Worked In The Uk?.how Did You Do It?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.