Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard (3383 Views)

Laptop Motherboard Schematic / Toshiba Laptop Motherboard Problem / How Much Is A Laptop's Motherboard? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by damatolnew: 9:02pm On Jul 30, 2012
pls house,i want to know if its advisable to change a mother board if it gets spoilt or bad. What are the disadvantages and possible occurrence.and is it possible to get a good mother board for my Hp Pavilion?
thanks
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by dragnet: 5:47am On Jul 31, 2012
damatolnew: pls house,i want to know if its advisable to change a mother board if it gets spoilt or bad. What are the disadvantages and possible occurrence.and is it possible to get a good mother board for my Hp Pavilion?
thanks
its best to change it with a new one when its spoilt....what model of hp pavilion ?
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by damatolnew: 6:48am On Jul 31, 2012
dragnet, thanks for the quick response.the laptop is hp pavilion dv2000.pls where can i get a good mother board to replace it in lag and pls what is the cost of a new motherboard,and how many months warrant does it normally av.thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by dragnet: 10:07am On Jul 31, 2012
damatolnew: dragnet, thanks for the quick response.the laptop is hp pavilion dv2000.pls where can i get a good mother board to replace it in lag and pls what is the cost of a new motherboard,and how many months warrant does it normally av.thanks so much
why do you want to replace the motherboard ?
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by damatolnew: 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2012
dragnet:
why do you want to replace the motherboard ?
.my laptop as a vdu problem,the enginer tried to fix it once bt it returns to its former condition(the initial problem was dt the display on d screen got divided into 9 small places,i took it to an eng and he fixed it,he told me dt the vdu is weak due to overheating,after dt d problem resurface then i took it to him again,dis time after he worked on it, the laptop refuses to come on,it wil just give a long sound and nothing wil happen,it was at dt point dt he adviced me to change d mother board saying dt the vdu on d motherboard is spoilt and dt its nt changeable unless i change d whole motherboard).so dts y i want to change it as soon as posible,can you pls help me out,am planning to go to computer vilage dis weekend to change d mother board bt i want to av enough information b4 hand dts y.thanks so much as i await ur kind respond.
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by dragnet: 1:30pm On Jul 31, 2012
damatolnew: .my laptop as a vdu problem,the enginer tried to fix it once bt it returns to its former condition(the initial problem was dt the display on d screen got divided into 9 small places,i took it to an eng and he fixed it,he told me dt the vdu is weak due to overheating,after dt d problem resurface then i took it to him again,dis time after he worked on it, the laptop refuses to come on,it wil just give a long sound and nothing wil happen,it was at dt point dt he adviced me to change d mother board saying dt the vdu on d motherboard is spoilt and dt its nt changeable unless i change d whole motherboard).so dts y i want to change it as soon as posible,can you pls help me out,am planning to go to computer vilage dis weekend to change d mother board bt i want to av enough information b4 hand dts y.thanks so much as i await ur kind respond.
thats a well known issue with hp dv-2000..... Price of a new board starts from around 20k and above... I think at hp office you may pay above 30k
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by damatolnew: 7:36pm On Jul 31, 2012
thanks mr dragnet,how or wat can i do to prevent possible reoccurance,so dt i wont av to change it again,wat are the precautn that you can advice me on dis new motherboard so dt d vdu wont spoil again.thanks
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by slimming: 4:45am On Aug 01, 2012
I need a motherboard for Toshiba satelite 300L. You can contact me if you have.
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by damatolnew: 8:50am On Aug 02, 2012
dragnet:
thats a well known issue with hp dv-2000..... Price of a new board starts from around 20k and above... I think at hp office you may pay above 30k
dragnet,and others pls respond
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by damatolnew: 9:09am On Aug 02, 2012
dragnet!smeone is offering to buy it for 20k,do you think its advicable to sell it off and add the money dt i suppose to use in buying d new motherboard wc is 25k to dt 20k making 45k and buy another laptop wit d same config wit dt dv2000 or should i change d motherboard and continue to use it by myself,pls am damm confused on wat to do rite nw,pls help me make d best choice.thanks
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by dragnet: 8:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
damatolnew: dragnet!smeone is offering to buy it for 20k,do you think its advicable to sell it off and add the money dt i suppose to use in buying d new motherboard wc is 25k to dt 20k making 45k and buy another laptop wit d same config wit dt dv2000 or should i change d motherboard and continue to use it by myself,pls am damm confused on wat to do rite nw,pls help me make d best choice.thanks
I'd sell it if it was mine...
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by femi4: 9:10pm On Aug 02, 2012
Its better you sell it. The laptop is going home gradually, don't be surprise if the next hardware problem is the screen
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by Dondbuzor: 6:37am On Aug 03, 2012
U re lucky someone is offering to buy ur laptop @ such a great price.
I hope d person knows ur laptop has vdu problems.
In my office, we buy scrap laptops for max of 15k.
Cos as it stands now, ur laptop can best be described as scrap.
Re: Advice Needed: Changing Laptop Motherboard by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
If you are planing of going to computer village just don't forget to go with the receipt. Cos those policemen will surely disturb you. They position de self at every exit position of the village, if they see you carrying a laptop bag they will arrest you if you don't have the receipt. if you don't have any just go to any computer shop around your area tell them to write you a receipt for N500. Speaking from experience.

(1) (Reply)

Apple Ibook G4 Laptop*great Condition*mac Os Leopard*warri*benin- #70,000 Naira / Are Laptops Sold @hp Office Abuja/lagos / Which In Your Opinion, Is The Best Laptop You Can Buy Under 90 Grand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.