Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,691 members, 7,802,017 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

What Do You Think About Eternity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Think About Eternity? (11555 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / "How Is An Eternity In Hell A Just Punishment For Only A Human Lifetime Of Sin?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 30, 2012
Sometimes i just sit down and think about a world without end and i just feel so weak from within. I mean, time just keeps going nonstop, no end, you never get to see a cast which indicates that a movie has ended, it goes on and on and on. Oh God am feeling sick just typing this already.
Your thougts guys

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 31, 2012
God has made it such that we will be happy to be in eternity forever and ever saying holy holy is the lord. All feelings of unsatisfaction will be taken from your soul when u are in heaven so it will not feel like eternity. read matthew 22:23-32. we will become as the angels in heaven.

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by buzugee(m): 6:54am On Jul 31, 2012
you do know that you have periods of resting between lives lived ? those periods are called 'dying'. your body in hades. your spirit with the lord who giveth it. ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 31, 2012
jacobscros: God has made it such that we will be happy to be in eternity forever and ever saying holy holy is the lord. All feelings of unsatisfaction will be taken from your soul when u are in heaven so it will not feel like eternity. read matthew 22:23-32. we will become as the angels in heaven.
but is it enuf?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 31, 2012
buzugee: you do know that you have periods of resting between lives lived ? those periods are called 'dying'. your body in hades. your spirit with the lord who giveth it. ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 7
i dnt get u bro
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by buzugee(m): 10:02am On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

i dnt get u bro
The world will not end but your world will end for a period of time. hence why we are called mortals.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by MrAnony1(m): 10:36am On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

but is it enuf?
What more do you want?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 31, 2012
buzugee: The world will not end but your world will end for a period of time. hence why we are called mortals.
True that but our soul which is a big part of us still get to continue living, for eternity sef which is the frustrating part
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
What more do you want?
What i want is that when i die, let my soul and everything about me die alongside me to, let me not exist in any other form again. Thats what i want.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Delafruita(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

What i want is that when i die, let my soul and everything about me die alongside me to, let me not exist in any other form again. Thats what i want.
hmm
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:
Sometimes i just sit down and think about a world without end and i just feel so weak from within. I mean, time just keeps going nonstop, no end, you never get to see a cast which indicates that a movie has ended, it goes on and on and on. Oh God am feeling sick just typing this already.
Your thougts guys
Get used to it. Drop superstitions. Enjoy what time you have on earth. Make a few people happy..

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

In all likelihood, that's what we ALL get. Your neurons will stop firing and your"soul" meaning your conciousness will cease to exist........................I'm 99.9% sure of this. The .01% is because of the possibility of one of these religions being true and their heaven being real or a "soul" actually being a real thing.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by UyiIredia(m): 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
I think loads about eternity.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by MrAnony1(m): 7:21pm On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

I think you missed what jacobcros said. He said when we get to heaven, you will be totally satisfied. Asking "is it enough?" doesn't follow jacobcros' answer.
To ask too cease to exist, is almost akin to regreting ever existing in this form in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

i feel you, bro. the concept of eternity is not well thought out in religions, it has some absurdities and illogicalities.
for instance, how will you enjoy eternity in paradise when you know that some of your non-chrstian family members are roasting alive somewhere else.
you will be forced to worship this loving god who in his omniscience knows that some of your non-christian family members will reject him and be roasted alive forever.

i will prefer to cease to exist than to live in that heaven.
thank goodness, i just remebered that i'm not immortal and i will actually cease to exist one day one day, therefore that heaven/hell crap is irrelevant and not worth disturbing one's brain with.

to me, thats the good news that must be shared to everyone

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2012
musKeeto:
Get used to it. Drop superstitions. Enjoy what time you have on earth. Make a few people happy..
I try to, but its just that every once in a while it just crosses my mind and i cant help but get worked up and paranoid about the whole tin
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
Martian:

In all likelihood, that's what we ALL get. Your neurons will stop firing and your"soul" meaning your conciousness will cease to exist........................I'm 99.9% sure of this. The .01% is because of the possibility of one of these religions being true and their heaven being real or a "soul" actually being a real thing.
You cant be so certain bro, cos even the religious people are only acting on faith and nothing more.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I think you missed what jacobcros said. He said when we get to heaven, you will be totally satisfied. Asking "is it enough?" doesn't follow jacobcros' answer.
To ask too cease to exist, is almost akin to regreting ever existing in this form in the first place.
Yea, you are right that was not the ryt response.
So let me rephrase by saying that my soul can never be fully satisfied without my body. Because imagine living all your live with body and soul, and then to just wake up one day to discover that body is gone and you have just your soul to live with, and not for a day or two, but for eternity. How satisfying can that be?
And unless God will brainwash my soul to forget that my body ever existed, i wont find the whole thing funny at all.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2012
cyrexx:

i feel you, bro. the concept of eternity is not well thought out in religions, it has some absurdities and illogicalities.
for instance, how will you enjoy eternity in paradise when you know that some of your non-chrstian family members are roasting alive somewhere else.
you will be forced to worship this loving god who in his omnipotence knows that some of your non-christian family members will reject him and be roasted alive forever.

i will prefer to cease to exist than to live in that heaven.
thank goodness, i just remebered that i'm not immortal and i will actually cease to exist one day one day, therefore that heaven/hell crap is irrelevant and not worth disturbing one's brain with.

to me, thats the good news that must be shared to everyone
I never even thought of that you know? Gosh, its even more frustrating now thinking about it.
But hopefully like i said, maybe God would brainwash our souls.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

I never even thought of that you know? Gosh, its even more frustrating now thinking about it.
But hopefully like i said, maybe God would brainwash our souls.

and do you think religion is not brainwashing our souls now?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Delafruita(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
whichever way,i prefer the islamic paradise with its promise of 72virgins.am sure allah wouldnt mind adding a PS3 and a catallogue of the best movies and music ever made

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2012
Delafruita: whichever way,i prefer the islamic paradise with its promise of 72virgins.am sure allah wouldnt mind adding a PS3 and a catallogue of the best movies and music ever made

dont worry, a god who knows you need 72 heavenly sexy virgins wont overlook ps3 and catalogue of best movies and music ever made. allah is more thoughtful than yahweh in his heaven design. I dont think everyone really want to just be singing and praising a god (yahweh) who feels offended if you dont tell him how great he is.

as for me, if allah can give me just two of those sexy virgins now and hide them from my wife, i will convert to islam with immediate alacrity. i need to be sure that those virgins are real deal. i dont want to buy a no-testing product.LOL
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Delafruita(m): 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2012
cyrexx:

dont worry, a god who knows you need 72 heavenly sexy virgins wont overlook ps3 and catalogue of best movies and music ever made. allah is more thoughtful than yahweh in his heaven design. I dont think everyone really want to just be singing and praising a god (yahweh) who feels offended if you dont tell him how great he is.

as for me, if allah can give me just two of those sexy virgins now and hide them from my wife, i will convert to islam with immediate alacrity. i need to be sure that those virgins are real deal. i dont want to buy a no-testing product.LOL
grin grin grin grin grin
thats why muslims are allowed to marry four wives.just "point and kill"
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

Yea, you are right that was not the ryt response.
So let me rephrase by saying that my soul can never be fully satisfied without my body. Because imagine living all your live with body and soul, and then to just wake up one day to discover that body is gone and you have just your soul to live with, and not for a day or two, but for eternity. How satisfying can that be?
And unless God will brainwash my soul to forget that my body ever existed, i wont find the whole thing funny at all.

Dude, where'd you get the idea of an eternal disembodied existence? Talk about absurd! Who preaches that?
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
What can I tell you about eternity, I wonder? :/

Perhaps I should tell you about the new body that can't die or be hurt in any way and is capable of things that'd blow your already over-heated mind. Or should I tell you about never needing rest or nourishment and being able to carry on with life in its entirety without ever breaking down? How about the really incredibly interesting things you'd find you could do? The impossibility of impossibility? Should I tell you of inventions and discoveries that'd make Einstein beg to be noticed? Or perhaps of the possibility of traversing the universe without the hindrances of our current mortal structure?

Shall I tell you of the freedom from all the care and worry and fret that currently defines our very existence here? Shall I tell you of music that is yet to be made and enjoyed? What shall I tell you and what shall I leave off? The half of it I haven't even begun to know myself.

Let me just tell you that Eternity is finally Life as it ought to be. . .forever. I don't know about PS3's, but I wouldn't rule out greater fun than that. Sex? Oh, for what na? Even we tire of the thing by the time we've hit 80 (for the real maniacs, of course) and the real fun of it is the depth of intimacy you can plumb with someone really important to you; Eternity promises bonding beyond sex's ability to offer. Just try and imagine life as you know it today without all your moral squabbles and trying to do right when it's more appealing to do wrong, without the exhaustion that takes away from the taste of the success you toiled so hard for, without the fear of betrayal that eats away at the best of relationships, without any need of or possibility of sorrow, pain, terror and whatnot. Try and imagine being able to pursue your noblest goals without time fighting you every step of the way, or to be able to hunt down possibilities of all kinds without the limitations of mortal ability. Even if you could, bro, (and I'm sure you can't) you'd still be light-years away from capturing the amazement, the wonder, the beauty of Eternity with Jesus Christ.

15 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
cyrexx:

and do you think religion is not brainwashing our souls now?
Its really not in my place to say. That being said, what i try to do is practice religion to the best of ability and then put always put my relationship with God; which is paramount, in every single thing i do.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Dude, where'd you get the idea of an eternal disembodied existence? Talk about absurd! Who preaches that?
Haven't you read it in the bible? Thats what happens to us after we die, our bodies rot away and becomes dust while our souls rises up or goes down to heaven or hell and remain there for all eternity.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

Haven't you read it in the bible? Thats what happens to us after we die, our bodies rot away and becomes dust while our souls rises up or goes down to heaven or hell and remain there for all eternity.

Bible? As in the Bible? The Book that's all about Jesus Christ, God-become-man? Never saw anything of the likes in it, dude. In case it's my negligence, do well to show me, if you please.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ihedinobi: What can I tell you about eternity, I wonder? :/

Perhaps I should tell you about the new body that can't die or be hurt in any way and is capable of things that'd blow your already over-heated mind. Or should I tell you about never needing rest or nourishment and being able to carry on with life in its entirety without ever breaking down? How about the really incredibly interesting things you'd find you could do? The impossibility of impossibility? Should I tell you of inventions and discoveries that'd make Einstein beg to be noticed? Or perhaps of the possibility of traversing the universe without the hindrances of our current mortal structure?

Shall I tell you of the freedom from all the care and worry and fret that currently defines our very existence here? Shall I tell you of music that is yet to be made and enjoyed? What shall I tell you and what shall I leave off? The half of it I haven't even begun to know myself.

Let me just tell you that Eternity is finally Life as it ought to be. . .forever. I don't know about PS3's, but I wouldn't rule out greater fun than that. Sex? Oh, for what na? Even we tire of the thing by the time we've hit 80 (for the real maniacs, of course) and the real fun of it is the depth of intimacy you can plumb with someone really important to you; Eternity promises bonding beyond sex's ability to offer. Just try and imagine life as you know it today without all your moral squabbles and trying to do right when it's more appealing to do wrong, without the exhaustion that takes away from the taste of the success you toiled so hard for, without the fear of betrayal that eats away at the best of relationships, without any need of or possibility of sorrow, pain, terror and whatnot. Try and imagine being able to pursue your noblest goals without time fighting you every step of the way, or to be able to hunt down possibilities of all kinds without the limitations of mortal ability. Even if you could, bro, (and I'm sure you can't) you'd still be light-years away from capturing the amazement, the wonder, the beauty of Eternity with Jesus Christ.
Even if the soul can do all these amazing things you mentioned, aint it tiresome when it can never end, you just keep on doing it on and on and on. Its even worse when one find himself in hell. Hehe, i don,t even want to think of the things one would be doing in there for eternity.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

Even if the can do all these amazing things you mentioned, aint it tiresome when it can never end, you just keep on doing it on and on and on. Its even worse when one find himself in hell. Hehe, i don,t even want to think of the things one would be doing in there for eternity.
Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by cyrexx: 11:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
blogger1.0:

Even if the can do all these amazing things you mentioned, aint it tiresome when it can never end, you just keep on doing it on and on and on. Its even worse when one find himself in hell. Hehe, i don,t even want to think of the things one would be doing in there for eternity.

Are you willing to think outside the box for one minute and allow me to show you some things.
Will you let me show you conclusively that human life is not immortal?
Do you know that before you were born, you as well as me, are nothing?
Will you let me show you that after we are dead, we will return to nothingness?
Do you know that major successful religions are successful because of their promise of heaven?
Do you know that similar to Christianity; Islam, Judaism, Hinduism all promises heaven to its followers.
Do you know that religion capitalises on human basic fear of unknown afterlife to keep its followers?
Do you know that the thought of heaven and hell will never make you think for yourself if you are in any of these religions, islam for instance?
Do you know that if you think outside the box for one minute, you will see things in a different light?

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About Eternity? by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 01, 2012
cyrexx:

Are you willing to think outside the box for one minute and allow me to show you some things.
Will you let me show you conclusively that human life is not immortal?
Do you know that before you were born, you as well as me, are nothing?
Will you let me show you that after we are dead, we will return to nothingness?
Do you know that major successful religions are successful because of their promise of heaven?
Do you know that similar to Christianity; Islam, Judaism, Hinduism all promises heaven to its followers.
Do you know that religion capitalises on human basic fear of unknown afterlife to keep its followers?
Do you know that the thought of heaven and hell will never make you think for yourself if you are in any of these religions, islam for instance?
Do you know that if you think outside the box for one minute, you will see things in a different light?
Damn the bolded hit me hard.
But yet didn't God himself tell us that there is a heaven and a hell? So why should i force myself into believing there isn't one by thinking outside the box? I mean it is the love for heaven and the fear of hell that makes us want to repent and live a good life isn't it?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Deeper Knowledge in Witch Craft revealed by Edo Witch / Dominion: RCCG 66th Annual Convention, August 6-12th, 2018 / 30 Characters Of A Mature Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.