Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,310 members, 7,780,732 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:58 PM

Improving Low Gpa - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Improving Low Gpa (47916 Views)

Nigerian Sets Record, Scores 5.0 GPA In Russia.. / Emmanuel Ohuabunwa Earned 3.98 GPA At John Hopkins University / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improving Low Gpa by Okijajuju1(m): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2012
MyFidelis: Would you atheists 'shut your mouths' and allow serious-minded people share practical advice with this friend?

Who this scrotum dey follow talk?!!

Whats practical about praying to God about examination?! You must be senile!
[]
Re: Improving Low Gpa by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2012
Okija_juju:

Who this scrotum dey follow talk?!!

Whats practical about praying to God about examination?! You must be senile!
[]
I can't condescend to rattle with a scumbag like you.Go get a life,riff-raff!
Re: Improving Low Gpa by blackbeau1(f): 12:55pm On Aug 01, 2012
@ binty,truth be told,first class is out of the question for you.if you work very hard ,then you could make a 2.1.im speaking from experience.i had a cgp of 1.98 and two carry overs in my first year and it took me a lot of hard work to get a 2.1.all you have to do is read hard,find out how each lecturer likes his answers.for example,some lecturers prefer short answers,some prefer long winded answers,some prefer having a copy and paste from their notes and nothing else while others prefer a little more research.others love diagrams(this depends on your course).finally,you also need to pray for Gods help and some luck.yes,i said luck cause sometimes you may have written the exam well but then,the lecturer who has just been pissed off by his wife,settles down to mark your script.you can imagine what will happen.(btw,i have actually seen this happen). anyway,if you need a sympathetic ear or guidance or just a friend who understands what you are going through,this is my e-mail:prettyrhyme03@gmail.com or you can add me up if you are using a bb:28a1ca1a.(pls,dont misinterprete this.im not a lesbian)
Re: Improving Low Gpa by Okijajuju1(m): 3:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
MyFidelis: I can't condescend to rattle with a scumbag like you.Go get a life,riff-raff!

YOu are still a scrotum nontheless..
Re: Improving Low Gpa by esiri4jesu(m): 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2012
mrkels:
You may be wrong bro, in my year 1 I got a 4.72, I finally came out with a 2;1 but my friend who got 2.14 or so in year one came out with a 4.5cgpa finally. The op has got 3-4 yrs left and if he or she works very hard , first class could surface.
@op let me tell you why I almost failed out of school, after year 1 I moved out of the hostel to bpda,where u got big boys n girls, was always seen in beer parlors and getting a new girl every night was like a new mission to complete then in 200l. This happened almost everyday and in the end I failed woefully. Same thing happened in300l first semester but I later came to my senses in the second semester. I went back to the hostel in my finals, reduced my social life to the minimun and yes,sleep, I didn't know it anymore as I read day and nights, some nights I got back to the hostel by 5am, it was that bad my brother,but it paid in the end. It was my final year that allowed me get a 2:1 out of sch and I was lucky because in my time we used 5,15,25,55% rule, so the final year played an important role in shaping my cgpa. If this is applicable in your sch then you are likely to get a first class if you sit up
right.just deprive urself from pleasure for now and the sky would be your starting point

Please, how do you calculate the GPA?
Re: Improving Low Gpa by Deesquare01(m): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2015
Pls guys... I have somebody with exactly d same problem and d person is thinking of drop out and start all over again... Pls i'll like to know how Binty's case turn out 2b later on... Pls its urgent. Thx 4ur concern.
Re: Improving Low Gpa by chivickyy(m): 7:52am On Dec 07, 2015
Plss guys I need ur advise m in 200l now my first year in(100l) ws awful with 2.60 as ma cgpa xo bad! I procrastinated a lot!! Didt study dt much is it still possible to graduate with first class if I strt geting 4.00 in all ma semesters? Please wat shuld I do!? Wat point do I need! To gt in ma remaining semester to gt first class plss hlp me I need advise m kinda down na! Ma course duration is 4years m in 200l we hv nt strted our exam! Plss I need ya advise plssssss
Re: Improving Low Gpa by julimartins(f): 12:03am On Dec 09, 2015
dearie u jes gotta calm down...... u v alrdy pointed out wah u ain't doing ryt......y not take a u-turn n start doing dem ryt......d key to d success u desire is in ur hands......all u nid do is to make use of it.....I wudnt blame you for performing poorly...if u set ur goals ryt u wud get dere......@ chivickyy

1 Like

Re: Improving Low Gpa by chivickyy(m): 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2015
Thanks xo much@julimartins I appreciate!.God bless ya!
Re: Improving Low Gpa by Lincoln8275: 9:52am On May 08, 2016
i have 3.98 cgpa 300 lvl first semester, can i still make 4.5 or above for first class at 400 second semester?
Re: Improving Low Gpa by samuel1994: 4:10pm On May 22, 2016
Sam from yabatech, I ruin part time programme and doing my nd1 first semester I had a carry over and doing my second semester nd1 I had another carryover. But I was promoted to nd2. I did my first semester caryover in nd2 first semester and I passed it and my second semester nd2 I also do these same but my nd2 second result was canceled and was advise to repeat nd2. So how do I go about these? Will. I write the first semester nd2 exam and the second semester. Or I should write the second semester nd2 only.
Re: Improving Low Gpa by omotroyz(m): 4:44pm On May 22, 2016
op, u want first class?
FORGET IT because u are dull, if not u would have had up to 2.50 (an average). but if u are still planning to get a first class then i guess u are ready to Bleep your lecturers and buy your way through (assuming u are a gal). u can read and pray as u like but with a GPA of 1.96 for a start? NO WAY. struggle for 2:1.
and if truly u are dull, I don't see u graduating with a 2:1.
here's my advice : why not read and teach your fellow mates?
Re: Improving Low Gpa by haryourbharmie(f): 10:26am On Sep 26, 2016
I am a student of unilorin going 2 300level buh I am in third class cgpa of 1.99 can I still make 2nd class upper??
Re: Improving Low Gpa by AlphaT1(m): 1:59pm On Sep 26, 2016
lifestyle1:
Uni is so easy,I heard that with 1.0 [/b]or less you can still be in the system... [b]1.96 in Nigerian Polytechnics is a probation mind you its over 4.0 and if you fail to meet up to 2.0 out of 4.0 in your second semester of Year 1 am afraid you will get your as.s kicked out.

Anyway I don't know much about the Uni system but
My advice for you is this ; make friends with the intelligent ones.

Best of luck!!

It would have been better if you just read and pass than saying what you don't know;
Uni is so easy,I heard that with 1.0 [/b]or less you can still be in the system... [b]1.96 in Nigerian Polytechnics is a probation mind you its over 4.0 and if you fail to meet up to 2.0 out of 4.0 in your second semester of Year 1 am afraid you will get your as.s kicked out.

In some professional courses you need a B (60%) to pass and no continuous assessment. U need a CGPA of atleast 2.4 to stay in d system and if you have three carry overs n above, you repeat the class n take all d courses again.There are variations from course to course and university to university.
CGPA is jst a scale, it can be 4.0, 5.0 or 6.0 depending on the school n country and does not demonstrate any superiority or difficulty of a course/institution. I have done an MS dat u must maintain GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
Re: Improving Low Gpa by lifestyle1(m): 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
AlphaT1:

It would have been better if you just read and pass than saying what you don't know;

In some professional courses you need a B (60%) to pass and no continuous assessment. U need a CGPA of atleast 2.4 to stay in d system and if you have three carry overs n above, you repeat the class n take all d courses again.There are variations from course to course and university to university.
CGPA is jst a scale, it can be 4.0, 5.0 or 6.0 depending on the school n country and does not demonstrate any superiority or difficulty of a course/institution. I have done an MS dat u must maintain GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.

Ok
Re: Improving Low Gpa by clinjoe42: 7:40am On May 25, 2017
[quote author=mrkels post=11627946]
You may be wrong bro, in my year 1 I got a 4.72, I finally came out with a 2;1 but my friend who got 2.14 or so in year one came out with a 4.5cgpa finally.
..... Good day friend, I seriously would love to have a chat with you because you said something that best interest me. Thanks....
Re: Improving Low Gpa by mrkels(m): 9:19am On May 27, 2017
[quote author=clinjoe42 post=56853418][/quote]

What's up ?
Re: Improving Low Gpa by dtechbaze(m): 11:49am On Nov 28, 2017
Binty:
Good day all ! I am a 100 level economics student in one of the universities in Nigeria After studing so hard for my first semester examinations and believing i passed i was so suprised to get a 1.96 gpa
pls i want some advice to get it back up because i have always wanted to get a first class is that even still possible for me ?Thanks in anticipation
what Did U Graduate With
Re: Improving Low Gpa by Aflix(m): 1:19am On Jan 21, 2021
mrkels:

You may be wrong bro, in my year 1 I got a 4.72, I finally came out with a 2;1 but my friend who got 2.14 or so in year one came out with a 4.5cgpa finally. The op has got 3-4 yrs left and if he or she works very hard , first class could surface.
@op let me tell you why I almost failed out of school, after year 1 I moved out of the hostel to bpda,where u got big boys n girls, was always seen in beer parlors and getting a new girl every night was like a new mission to complete then in 200l. This happened almost everyday and in the end I failed woefully. Same thing happened in300l first semester but I later came to my senses in the second semester. I went back to the hostel in my finals, reduced my social life to the minimun and yes,sleep, I didn't know it anymore as I read day and nights, some nights I got back to the hostel by 5am, it was that bad my brother,but it paid in the end. It was my final year that allowed me get a 2:1 out of sch and I was lucky because in my time we used 5,15,25,55% rule, so the final year played an important role in shaping my cgpa. If this is applicable in your sch then you are likely to get a first class if you sit up right.just deprive urself from pleasure for now and the sky would be your starting point
Uniben right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Which Course Can I Study With This Result / Some Shameful Romantic Moves We Made In Nigerian Mixed Secondary Schools!!! / Help Me To Congratulate My Brother For His Waec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.