Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Letter To Mr. RVP - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Letter To Mr. RVP (791 Views)

PHOTOS: Wayne Rooney Celebrates Manchester United's Vicotry With RVP #MUFC / RVP To Manchester United: Who Is The Greatest Beneficiary? / A Letter To Robin Vanpersie (rvp) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To Mr. RVP by dabrake(m): 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2012
Dear RVP,

I would like to congratulate you on your remarkable achievement last season. You finished the campaign unscathed, carted away numerous individual awards, and broke several club and Premier League records; a feat that will go down in Arsenal history books.

You brought harmony, peace and respect to the squad on and off the pitch.

Big man, big responsibility; You handled it very well, even much more than I expected.

As an Arsenal supporter, I have seen many great players and I have to confess, You are a bottomless pit of creativity with “genius” written all over you.

But, on the 4th of July 2012, you dropped the bombshell that turned Arsenal into turmoil, when you released a statement declaring your intention not to put pen to paper on the contract the club has offered you.

Who am I to tell you what to do? But I know one thing for certain, Arsenal it was, Arsenal it is and Arsenal it will be.

Many people have criticized us for lacking ambition, that I might not dispute, but we are still the quickest out of the block this season, with the capture of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud.

I had believed that it was a step in the right direction, bringing in proven all-round strikers to tow a truck-size goal scoring burden off you.

Despite being one step behind, we still managed to qualify for the Champions League at the expense of free-spending Liverpool, Tottenham and Chelsea who only qualified as champions.

You have been at the club for eight years, I can only say I have seen you on the pitch for only two seasons. In these two seasons you were absolute class, scoring spectacular goals.

The remaining six years were shrouded with injuries, injuries and more injuries that ultimately earned you the nickname, “The Man of Glass”.

During this troubled times, when a section of the fans wanted you out, Guess who was there? Arsene Wenger! If he had succumbed to the demands of those fans that wanted you out, you would have been doing an "Alberto Aquilani" now

As much as I will love to credit last season to your brilliance, I believe there was a certain word called “teamwork”.

It wasn’t just teamwork, It was the entire Arsenal squad playing as a family. The bond and togetherness was so strong, your team mates would have sacrificed anything for you.

If you remember the game against Wigan in the DW Stadium where we ran out as 4-0 winners, Theo Walcott had the chance to be on the score sheet, but he chose to delay the ball, before giving you the easiest of assists for a simple tap-in.

Everyone wanted you to be successful.

I look at Wayne Rooney and Luis Nani, I wonder how many times I’ve seen then have a go at each other. That bond between players is what money cannot buy.

They said you made the perfect runs for the likes of Alex Song to pick you out? What happened at the European Championships? You needed mobile phones to communicate with Arjen Robben and Wesley Sneijder.

Now your ambition has grown bigger than that of the club in one brilliant season? Where was the ambition when you were sent packing in Holland, where was it when Arsenal catered for your rehab, where was the ambition when you received cash for years for work undone?

Time to reap the faith Arsenal showed in you, your ambition suddenly grew wings?

I really don’t blame you, I blame Arsene Wenger.

His undying faith and persistent trust in players (Mathieu Flamini, Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy et al) that turns around and spits on his face.

Gianfranco Zola was one of the most talented players the Premier League has ever seen. What did he achieve with Chelsea? But his name will forever remain up there as a legend in every sense of the word.

Finally, I will like to thank you for the good times, the amazing goals (I’ve lost count), the get-out-of-jail free cards (I’ve also lost count).

I wish you well in your career, all the best at your next club. Go win trophies mate.

When you eventually leave do me a favour, forget everything Arsenal and please do not talk about us.

The small badge in front will always be bigger than the name tag at the back.

Goodbye RVP

copied from https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=374586719276574&id=228625120539402

(1) (Reply)

Fixture List For The 2013/14 Barclays Premier League / Epl:Sunderland Vs Chelsea-5:30pm-sat,nov29 / West Ham United(0) Vs Manchester United(1) On Sunday 8th February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.