Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,198 members, 7,780,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:48 PM

Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? (12079 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Zikkyy(m): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2012
^^ grin grin haba! you guys should take it easy with Joagbaje abeg.

Ihedinobi: One more thing that I find pertinent to point out is that being born again is not a "spirit-only" thing. It seems to me that this "it is the spirit that is born again, our souls and bodies are not born again yet" thinking is founded on the philosophy that the human person is a spirit which has a soul and lives in a body.

I am yet to find any Scriptures to base this on.

Maybe Jo can help with the relevant scriptures to support his claim.

Ihedinobi:
Then, can he who has the Spirit of the Holy One be plagued by unholy and foul spirits in any sense, whether by possession, oppression or influence or whatever we might call such an interaction? The answer, my brethren and sister, is NO, as many times NO as eternity lasts. It is an impossibility that one who is seated in Christ Jesus in heavenly places far above every principality, power, dominion, might and name that is named should be subject to any kind of demonic influence! It matters not whether they are the equivalent of a day-old child in the House of the Lord or grounded "masters" of the Word, they are NOT, under any condition whatsoever, subject to any power of the devil.

I think you are not reading Jo very well. My understanding of his post is that a christian can be influenced if only he allows it.

Joagbaje:
But to be Demonised is to be influenced by a demon.

Joagbaje:
So there are 3 categories of demonic activities , POSESSION, OPRESSION ,OBSESSION of demons . A christian can't be possessed because God posess his spirit already.

Joagbaje:
Demons can influence a christian from outside ,if he Give room to it. And they can invade his life and body if he give room to it. Wrong thoughts alone if unchecked can open doors for demons to enter a christian and cause him torment ,sickness even death.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 7:17pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mr Anony and ihedinobi,
I think you guys should rather do personal researches on this rather than living by assumption. I do cast out devils very often. And mostly from Christians . Question , Do you? I'm not criticizing you. I just want you to know I'm not talking by assumption. If you have ever cast out devil ,your theology will change.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by MrAnony1(m): 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
Joagbaje: Mr Anony and ihedinobi,
I think you guys should rather do personal researches on this rather than living by assumption. I do cast out devils very often. And mostly from Christians . Question , Do you? I'm not criticizing you. I just want you to know I'm not talking by assumption. If you have ever cast out devil ,your theology will change.

My friend, this is not a "show me your power" competition. I am not saying that you don't cast out demons. All I am saying is that the people you are casting demons out of are not Christians. They may claim to be Christians but they are definitely not.

..........................and yeah I cast out demons too in the name of Christ Jesus
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
An assignment : if you find anyone ( born again) who is so bitter and find it hard to let go or forgive certain people who had caused hurt. There's a demon involved . If you have the holy ghost lay hands or command such demons out , you will be amazed what you will see.

Anyone who gets angry to the point of losing it, by doing regrettable things. And later full of regret after each explosion. There's a demon of anger. There's so many physical signs of demonic presence . If you try to minister to such people you will know they are there.

What about afflictions. If a christian wakes up and see marks of cane (whipping) in the body, it's demonic oppression. Many sicknesses are demonic . If you don't cast the demon out they can't be healed.

What of obsession, certain addictions are demonic. Drugs , alcohol, I'm talking about a situation where the person wants to stop it but he can't . It's a demon.

I once minister to a lady nurse who gets drunk often. She said the drinking problem had caused her about four marriages . She had tried to stop , if she stops her body and fist will start to fold . It will take several people to stretch her open. I looked into her eyes and commanded the demon out . She felll. And that was it. From that moment ,the smell of alcohols makes her feel like vomiting. She was a christian has the holy ghost. It's an affliction . I would rather prefer we investigate before we criticize . A christian can be oppressed , obsessed by demon. If he opens the door to it.

1 Like

Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 7:46pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mr_Anony:
My friend, this is not a "show me your power" competition. I am not saying that you don't cast out demons. All I am saying is that the people you are casting demons out of are not Christians. They may claim to be Christians but they are definitely not.s

What is your definition of christian ? Who says they are not Christians. What of Ananias and sapphira, what spirit took hold of them the the death? What of pastors who minister healeaing to others and another minister had to rebuke spirit of infirmity from them? What Is your understanding of spirit of infirmity? Spirit which are responsible for sicknesses. What is the gift of healing in church for? Is it for healing unbelievers ? Most sickness are demonic . Cast out the spirit of infirmity and minister healing.

1 Like

Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
Zikkyy: ^^ grin grin haba! you guys should take it easy with Joagbaje abeg.

Maybe Jo can help with the relevant scriptures to support his claim.

I think you are not reading Jo very well. My understanding of his post is that a christian can be influenced if only he allows it.

Those scriptures do not agree with that claim.

And my point is that it is contrary to the Christian's nature to allow it. A Christian has to be something other than himself to allow it and that's an absurd thing to think, as absurd as it is to think that an apple can be got off a palm tree.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ihedinobi:

And my point is that it is contrary to the Christian's nature to allow it. A Christian has to be something other than himself to allow it and that's an absurd thing to think, as absurd as it is to think that an apple can be got off a palm tree.

Let me ask you few question? Are you saying if a christian man have sex with a Demonised lady such demon will not gain access to him?

Secondly what do you have to say about the satanic influence on Ananias and his wife? We're they not born again and filled with the holy ghost?

[Acts 5:3
But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

A christian can give place to the devil. Many have given place to the devil without knowing by living unguarded lives.

Ephesians 4:26-27
Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
Joagbaje:

What is your definition of christian ? Who says they are not Christians. What of Ananias and sapphira, what spirit took hold of them the the death? What of pastors who minister healeaing to others and another minister had to rebuke spirit of infirmity from them? What Is your understanding of spirit of infirmity? Spirit which are responsible for sicknesses. What is the gift of healing in church for? Is it for healing unbelievers ? Most sickness are demonic . Cast out the spirit of infirmity and minister healing.

My brother, I have heard this Ananias and Sapphira argument thrown up a few times now. I wish to state emphatically that Ananias and Sapphira were not Christians. How dare I say so?

Two things are the reason: (a) Peter's words in Acts 5:9 and (b) vv 11 and 13.
- Peter's words. A Christian is a believer of the gospel. A Christian has no need or desire to test or tempt the Spirit of God, because he has seen His Power at work in his getting saved or born again. For this reason, a Christian CANNOT tempt the Holy Spirit. It is one who questions the capabilities of the Holy Spirit and is in doubt as to His Power that would dare what Ananias and Sapphira dared.
- vv 11, 13. You must have noticed, my brothers and sisters, in the beginning chapters of the Acts that so many people were added to the Church and so quickly too. How many of those were truly believers and how many were joining because there was a new fad in town (remember Simon the magician who even after hearing the gospel offered money in exchange for the Holy Spirit)? The Holy Spirit struck fear into the hearts of the adherents of the gospel to stem the flood of people like Ananias and Sapphira and limit early corruption in the Church.

No, Ananias and Sapphira were not Christians, neither were Jesus's disciples until the Pentecost, nor the disciples Paul met in Ephesus in Acts 19. The Christian is he that has the Spirit of Christ (Rom 8:9).

Having said that, again, I say, a Christian cannot be afflicted by demons, that simple. If your ministry is based on the affliction of Christians by demons, it is based on a false foundation.

If it were not for all the foolishness in the Church today, we would not be dealing with things like this today. There's so much more to Christ than these foolish distractions. But because of them we get snared and hindered in reaching for all that having Christ means.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2012
Joagbaje:

Let me ask you few question? Are you saying if a christian man have sex with a Demonised lady such demon will not gain access to him?

Secondly what do you have to say about the satanic influence on Ananias and his wife? We're they not born again and filled with the holy ghost?

But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

A christian can give place to the devil. Many have given place to the devil without knowing by living unguarded lives.

Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil.

Sorry, I was a bit distracted while I was typing my last post so I didn't see your new post till now. But my last post has answered it.

As to the Christian man sleeping with a demon-possessed lady, believe me, I really couldn't care less. I am governed by the Word of God not reports of people's experiences. I only accept those reports when they agree with the Scriptures and I assure you that that case is in flagrant disagreement with the Bible. Nothing in the Scriptures indicate at all that a child of God can under any condition come under the power of the enemy even in a measure. It is impossible.

A Christian, I must again say, must become something other than himself (and this is an impossibility) for any power of the enemy to hold any kind of sway, however small, over him.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Sorry, I was a bit distracted while I was typing my last post so I didn't see your new post till now. But my last post has answered it.

As to the Christian man sleeping with a demon-possessed lady, believe me, I really couldn't care less. I am governed by the Word of God not reports of people's experiences. I only accept those reports when they agree with the Scriptures and I assure you that that case is in flagrant disagreement with the Bible. Nothing in the Scriptures indicate at all that a child of God can under any condition come under the power of the enemy even in a measure. It is impossible.

A Christian, I must again say, must become something other than himself (and this is an impossibility) for any power of the enemy to hold any kind of sway, however small, over him.

You are evading my direct questions and comment on those scriptures . What about these

2 Corinthians 2:11
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

1 Peter 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Does it mean what it says? . Whom Is he devouring? . Unbelievers ? Do you know how many Christians have died with their ministry and purpose unfulfilled?
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
Joagbaje:

You are evading my direct questions and comment on those scriptures . What about this?

2 Corinthians 2:11
Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Now, sir, you've accused me wrongly. I did not evade your questions. I pointed out that the post I made before you posted those questions had answered them. There I detailed the case of Ananias and Sapphira and made it as abundantly clear as I could manage that they were not Christians and there were many like them in those days as there are now. I also proceeded to reiterate the point I'd made in that post that it is the position of the Bible that the Christian cannot come under the power of the enemy under any condition.

I didn't exactly ignore the Scriptures you showed. I only captured my answer to them in my answer to everything else. But if you want, we can address them starting with the one you quoted in your post quoted above.

I have not opened my Bible to read that verse and see it in context. My reason is to give you an opportunity to show me what I can't see now even looking at it without its context: that a Christian can under any condition become susceptible to the enemy. I see a warning there about a deceitful enemy so skilled in deceit that he has many stratagems for battle. I see that should we grow slack he can gain an upper hand. What this upper hand is, I do not see. Now, proceed to tell me what it is.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ihedinobi,

I saw just saw the post I missed

t Ananias and Sapphira were not Christians. How dare I say so?
, a Christian CANNOT tempt the Holy Spirit. It is one who questions the capabilities of the Holy Spirit and is in doubt as to His Power that would dare what Ananias and Sapphira dared.

Define tempting God clearly, because. From what you said , we all must have tempted God in the areas we lacked faith, does it mean we weren't Christians?

No, Ananias and Sapphira were not Christians, neither were Jesus's disciples until the Pentecost, nor the disciples Paul met in Ephesus in Acts 19.

Ananias and his wife were Christians, the bible saadi they believed, and all of them were with one accord. What make you claim they weren't Christians? What's your idea of Christianity. They believed in Jesus . Peter recognized their membership of the church. Anyone who in the face of persecution can identilfy with Jesus openly cannot be an umbeliever. They were believers. But ygreed took hold of them . Peter knows them personally. He recognized the wife even though she came late. Peter won't be collecting money from sinners. Besides its a security risk to have umbelievers running around in a church going through persecution, what makes you think they weren't saved? We shouldn't twist truth for sake of winning argument
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 03, 2012
Joagbaje: Ihedinobi,

I saw just saw the post I missed

Define tempting God clearly, because. From what you said , we all must have tempted God in the areas we lacked faith, does it mean we weren't Christians?

Ananias and his wife were Christians, the bible saadi they believed, and all of them were with one accord. What make you claim they weren't Christians? What's your idea of Christianity. They believed in Jesus . Peter recognized their membership of the church. Anyone who in the face of persecution can identilfy with Jesus openly cannot be an umbeliever. They were believers. But ygreed took hold of them . Peter knows them personally. He recognized the wife even though she came late. Peter won't be collecting money from sinners. Besides its a security risk to have umbelievers running around in a church going through persecution, what makes you think they weren't saved?

I don't think that there is a real need for me to define tempting the Lord God beyond what I did earlier. No Christian can tempt God because the Christian's life is founded on this: "I believe". Not the blind faith that is in fact imbecility, but intelligent faith, conscious faith, one that knows because it has seen things that cannot be seen. How do you truly believe and then turn around and put God to the test to see if indeed He can be believed? To do so is to have never really believed.

I also pointed out another reason for throwing out the argument that they were saved: many were being added to the Church and some were insincere and untrue in their faith. You say, how could that be when the Church then was being persecuted? I answer, "the Church had not entered the time of persecution as at the time of which we speak." I have no doubts as to the fact that Ananias and Sapphira were not Christians. It is not a questionable thing where I'm concerned. If you believe they were, you have to show me how the Scriptures say that they were. I have shown you that they did not believe (not to mention the fact that the Scriptures said in no place that they did in fact believe). I have also shown you that the novelty of Christianity attracted a lot of people who didn't even believe at all, but who wanted a share in this new, powerful thing and that the Holy Spirit made an example of the couple to stem that tide.

I am not intending to do more than show what the Scriptures say, at least not right now, so I won't dissect your response. I instead wonder why you ask me again what I define as a Christian. I have defined the Christian at least three times already. Check my previous posts and point out the flaws in that definition.

I avoid assumptions such as "Peter wouldn't be collecting money from sinners" and "Peter knew them personally" because they allow one to put private interpretations upon the Scriptures. I advise you do the same. Unless there is some strong Scriptural foundation for assumptions of that sort, it is wise to stay clear of them.

Sum: Ananias and Sapphira were no Christians and cannot be used as precedents for Christians at all.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 11:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I don't think that there is a real need for me to define tempting the Lord God beyond what I did earlier. No Christian can tempt God because the Christian's life is founded on this:

Thats not even an issue. It's just an issue of semantic , that's why I put the question to you. The use of the word "temp" is not the issue here. You are simply capitalizing on minor . So it's not in the sense of your use of the word. It's like saying "why provoke the lord ?.

Every indication proved they were Christians . Let's stop merry go round. Don't fit God into your personal theology. Greed open them up to the. Devil . Greed opened judas to the devil. Certain sins Sin can open a christian to the devil.

The early church will not be fellowshiping with sinners you get?
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Goshen360(m): 12:55am On Aug 04, 2012
So far, reading from behind; I see clearly the point Joagbaje is making here and that is basically: A SPIRIT FILLED Christian CANNOT BE POSSESSED BY DEMON(S) BECAUSE THE SPIRIT OF GOD POSSESSES SUCH CHRISTIAN BUT a Christian can be influenced (from outside).....a kind of trying a Christian to see "IF" he/she allows such demons. The condition by Joagbaje is "IF such Christian allows it. It will therefore mean that a SPIRIT filled Christian cannot be possessed by demons according to this thread BUT an ordinary or church goer or non-spirit filled Christian can be possessed by demons because they don't know their right and privileges.

From the light of the scriptures, most of what is called "sin" or "openings" to demons/devils are actually works of the flesh that manifested or that was allowed due to not doing what the bible says we should do about our body and soul after our spirit is born from above in the new creation. I don't call a "spirit filled" Christian committing adultery or fornication an act of demons but an act of yielding to the flesh because all are tempted - both ordinary christian and spirit filled christian and when the flesh is not put under, it grows beyond control.

Lastly, to Joagbaje,
Ananias and Sapphira are NOT believers or Christian. Let me proved it with bible verses. In the book of acts, the author has a way of describing the believers and non believers even they the non believers are added to the church. In other words, we can describe non believers as church goers of our days. ALL true believers/Christians in acts are often/all described as "a certain disciple called....." while the church goers are described as "a certain man called....". Take a look at these verses:

A man named Simon had been a sorcerer there for many years, amazing the people of Samaria and claiming to be someone great. Acts 8:9 NLT

Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. Acts 5:1 NIV

A man named Ananias came to see me. He was a devout observer of the law and highly respected by all the Jews living there. Acts 22:12 NIV

COMPARE TO

He came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where a disciple named Timothy lived, whose mother was a Jewess and a believer, but whose father was a Greek. Acts 16:1 NIV

And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. Acts 9:10 KJV

Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did. Acts 9:36 KJV

There went with us also certain of the disciples of Caesarea, and brought with them one Mnason of Cyprus, an old disciple, with whom we should lodge. Acts 21:16 KJV

Above all, I think I understand what Joagbaje is saying. He said it emphatically that Spirit filled Christian CANNOT be possessed by demons but can be tried kind of - that is being influenced from outside.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 1:12am On Aug 04, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I don't think that there is a real need for me to define tempting the Lord God beyond what I did earlier. No Christian can tempt God because the Christian's life is founded on this:

Thats not even an issue. It's just an issue of semantic , that's why I put the question to you. The use of the word "temp" is not the issue here. You are simply capitalizing on minor . So it's not in the sense of your use of the word. It's like saying "why provoke the lord ?.

Every indication proved they were Christians . Let's stop merry go round. Don't fit God into your personal theology. Greed open them up to the. Devil . Greed opened judas to the devil. Certain sins Sin can open a christian to the devil.

The early church will not be fellowshiping with sinners you get? Look at the scripture again.

Acts 5:1-2
1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles 'feet.

Question: why will God be angry that a sinner sold his own land and brought only a part? Does it make spiritual sense? Why wiould Peter be blaming an umbeliever for yielding to the devil? Knowing that an umbeliever is an original child of the devil? Does it make any spiritual sense? That apart.
Gods word declare there should be no fellowship with umbelievers.

2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

So my brother . They were Christians .
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 1:12am On Aug 04, 2012
@Goshen

So far, reading from behind; I see clearly the point Joagbaje is making here and that is basically: A SPIRIT FILLED Christian CANNOT BE POSSESSED BY DEMON(S) BECAUSE THE SPIRIT OF GOD POSSESSES SUCH CHRISTIAN BUT a Christian can be influenced (from outside).....a kind of trying a Christian to see "IF" he/she allows such demons. The condition by Joagbaje is "IF such Christian allows it. It will therefore mean that a SPIRIT filled Christian cannot be possessed by demons according to this thread BUT an ordinary or church goer or non-spirit filled Christian can be possessed by demons because they don't know their right and privileges.

From the light of the scriptures, most of what is called "sin" or "openings" to demons/devils are actually works of the flesh that manifested or that was allowed due to not doing what the bible says we should do about our body and soul after our spirit is born from above in the new creation. I don't call a "spirit filled" Christian committing adultery or fornication an act of demons but an act of yielding to the flesh because all are tempted - both ordinary christian and spirit filled christian and when the flesh is not put under, it grows beyond control.

Lastly, to Joagbaje,
Ananias and Sapphira are NOT believers or Christian. Let me proved it with bible verses. In the book of acts, the author has a way of describing the believers and non believers even they the non believers are added to the church. In other words, we can describe non believers as church goers of our days. ALL true believers/Christians in acts are often/all described as "a certain disciple called....." while the church goers are described as "a certain man called....". Take a look at these verses:

A man named Simon had been a sorcerer there for many years, amazing the people of Samaria and claiming to be someone great. Acts 8:9 NLT

Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. Acts 5:1 NIV

A man named Ananias came to see me. He was a devout observer of the law and highly respected by all the Jews living there. Acts 22:12 NIV

COMPARE TO

He came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where a disciple named Timothy lived, whose mother was a Jewess and a believer, but whose father was a Greek. Acts 16:1 NIV

And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord. Acts 9:10 KJV

Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did. Acts 9:36 KJV

The fact that the word "believer " was not added to certain peoples name does not mean they weren't Christians. As my earlier post stated. Light had no fellowship with darkness.

The action of Ananias and his wife was triggered by the work of faith of another believer. Who sold his land and brought it to the church. His name was Jose's .

Acts 4:36-37
And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus, 37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles 'feet

The word "BELIEVER " was not attached to his name . But he was a christian
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Goshen360(m): 5:19am On Aug 04, 2012
^^^^^^^^

Joagbaje:

Okay. If you say Ananias and Sapphira are christians.....probably the "Spirit filled Christains" we're talking about here in this thread. You have agreed that a "Spirit filled" Christian CANNOT BE POSSESSED BY DEMONS because the Spirit of God dwells in such. Now, if Ananias and Sapphira are "Spirit filled" Christians, how possible is it from your statement that a Spirit filled believer/Christian cannot be possessed with demons BUT Ananias and Sapphira are FILLED with Satan in their heart? How possible is that if they are Spirit filled Christians and how can they be filled with Satan and Spirit of God same time? Kindly explain this conflict....if you can. It is evident that Ananias and Sapphira are mere church goer Christians among the body of believers being added to the church at the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 6:31am On Aug 04, 2012
It's very simple . Greed is an open door to the enemy. How on earth did Satan enter into Judas. A desciple who had cast out devils ,healed the sick and raised the dead

Luke 22:3
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve

the answer was the same spirit of greed .

John 12:6
This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

And we know how he got destroyed.

Acts 1:17-18
For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. 18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

Similar greed destroyed prophet balaam who caused Israel to be cursed because of gain.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Joagbaje(m): 6:54am On Aug 04, 2012
@Goshen
. I don't call a "spirit filled" Christian committing adultery or fornication an act of demons but an act of yielding to the flesh because all are tempted - both ordinary christian and spirit filled christian and when the flesh is not put under, it grows beyond control.

I didn't say that a christian can be possessed. Once you are born again , you can't be possessed. There's difference between demonic POSESSION and demonic oppression or obsession. A christian may be oppressed Externally wihtout entering a person and he can gain acess into the body of a christian but cannot gain acess to his Spirit because thats the part that Gid saved where God dwells .

Also , I didn't say it's demons that make people sin. I only said certain sins do open up people to demons. Remember that witchcraft and murder are part of them.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Zikkyy(m): 7:15am On Aug 04, 2012
Joagbaje: Mr Anony and ihedinobi,
I think you guys should rather do personal researches on this rather than living by assumption. I do cast out devils very often. And mostly from Christians .

Joagbaje:
What about afflictions. If a christian wakes up and see marks of cane (whipping) in the body, it's demonic oppression. Many sicknesses are demonic . If you don't cast the demon out they can't be healed.

What of obsession, certain addictions are demonic. Drugs , alcohol, I'm talking about a situation where the person wants to stop it but he can't . It's a demon.

I once minister to a lady nurse who gets drunk often. She said the drinking problem had caused her about four marriages . She had tried to stop , if she stops her body and fist will start to fold . It will take several people to stretch her open. I looked into her eyes and commanded the demon out . She felll. And that was it. From that moment ,the smell of alcohols makes her feel like vomiting.

Jo have you considered the possibility that these so called Christians were already possessed prior to conversion? Look at the possibility that they have not been truly or fully won over. They might appear to be Christians having shown that they believe, but are they truly born again? Maybe the deliverance sessions might help. You've said in some posts that a Christian cannot possess by demon. The post above contradicts that statement. I agree with the statement that Christians can be influenced. I don't agree that they can be possessed (Unless they lose that status).

Joagbaje:
She was a christian has the holy ghost.

How can you be sure that she has the holy ghost?
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Zikkyy(m): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2012
Ihedinobi:

I was hoping Jo will come up with new quotes

Ihedinobi:

Of course! Being a Christian does not mean you are 'bullet proof'all the time. The way i see it being spirit filled/spirit led is not a one time event, It's a status we all want to attain and it is not automatic (when you believe, you become spirit filled).
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Zikkyy(m): 7:48am On Aug 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

Is the lady in question the wife, girlfriend/prostitute?
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by MrAnony1(m): 7:59am On Aug 04, 2012
Joagbaje:
An assignment : if you find anyone ( born again) who is so bitter and find it hard to let go or forgive certain people who had caused hurt. There's a demon involved . If you have the holy ghost lay hands or command such demons out , you will be amazed what you will see.

Anyone who gets angry to the point of losing it, by doing regrettable things. And later full of regret after each explosion. There's a demon of anger. There's so many physical signs of demonic presence . If you try to minister to such people you will know they are there.

I once minister to a lady nurse who gets drunk often. She said the drinking problem had caused her about four marriages . She had tried to stop , if she stops her body and fist will start to fold . It will take several people to stretch her open. I looked into her eyes and commanded the demon out . She felll. And that was it. From that moment ,the smell of alcohols makes her feel like vomiting. She was a christian has the holy ghost. It's an affliction . I would rather prefer we investigate before we criticize . A christian can be oppressed , obsessed by demon. If he opens the door to it.

Perhaps I should tell you again how to Identify a christian. Read Galatians 5 (especially from verse 16)

Christian = love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

Unbeliever = adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like

Now please compare this criteria to the examples you gave.

Those people are not Christians. By their fruit you shall know them. It doesn't matter that they claimed to be christians, they might even speak in tongues and cast out demons in the name of Jesus Christ but that doesn't mean they have the Holy Ghost in them.
Read Matthew 7:15-23. Don't be decieved by appearances.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by MrAnony1(m): 8:06am On Aug 04, 2012
Zikkyy:
Of course! Being a Christian does not mean you are 'bullet proof'all the time. The way i see it being spirit filled/spirit led is not a one time event, It's a status we all want to attain and it is not automatic (when you believe, you become spirit filled).
@Zikky, sorry I disagree with you. Spirit-filled is not something we attain, It is a gift the father gives to us immediately we get born-again.
Jesus says in John 14:23: "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

I have never heard of a christian that is half-filled with the Spirit.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by nuella2(f): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2012
@ mr antony. A christian does not get perfect over night. Thats why we are admonished to put on the new man and be transformed through the word of God. Being spirit filled is not automatic, it takes conscious effort like meditataion, prayer and trainings. Thats why ministry gifts were given to perfect the saints. Am yet to see a perfect christian but we are still called christians.

Are you a christian cos you are perfect? we are still working on ourselves as christians.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by MrAnony1(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2012
nuella2: @ mr antony. A christian does not get perfect over night. Thats why we are admonished to put on the new man and be transformed through the word of God. Being spirit filled is not automatic, it takes conscious effort like meditataion, prayer and trainings. Thats why ministry gifts were given to perfect the saints. Am yet to see a perfect christian but we are still called christians.

Are you a christian cos you are perfect? we are still working on ourselves as christians.
My sister, please tell me what you understand by being born-again then perhaps I'll be able to help you.
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Delafruita(m): 9:22am On Aug 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

that is a confirmation that the "light" in you is superior to that of elijah.
however,have you given thought to the fact that detoxification or groups like AA also rid people of their desire for alcohol without "laying hands on them" and "commanding demons to vamooze".
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Delafruita(m): 9:22am On Aug 04, 2012
Joagbaje:

however,have you given thought to the fact that detoxification or groups like AA also rid people of their desire for alcohol without "laying hands on them" and "commanding demons to vamooze".
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by Delafruita(m): 9:30am On Aug 04, 2012
Joagbaje: It's very simple . Greed is an open door to the enemy. How on earth did Satan enter into Judas. A desciple who had cast out devils ,healed the sick and raised the dead

Luke 22:3
Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve

the answer was the same spirit of greed .

John 12:6
This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

And we know how he got destroyed.

Acts 1:17-18
For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. 18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

Similar greed destroyed prophet balaam who caused Israel to be cursed because of gain.

have you given thought to the fact that judas was only doing his part in fulfilling the destiny of yoshua and that without judas you wont have the salvation you cherish?
have you also asked yourself why pharaoh repeatedly refused to let the isrealites go despite enormous calamity?perhaps because the lord hardened his heart?
doesnt this show that god can cause some people to do evil i.e. judas just to accomplish his goal?and in such cases,no demons are involved?

1 Like

Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by MrAnony1(m): 9:34am On Aug 04, 2012
Delafruita:
Have you investigated what the AA is founded upon?
Re: Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? by MrAnony1(m): 9:37am On Aug 04, 2012
Delafruita:
have you given thought to the fact that judas was only doing his part in fulfilling the destiny of yoshua and that without judas you wont have the salvation you cherish?
have you also asked yourself why pharaoh repeatedly refused to let the isrealites go despite enormous calamity?perhaps because the lord hardened his heart?
doesnt this show that god can cause some people to do evil i.e. judas just to accomplish his goal?and in such cases,no demons are involved?

Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve. So he went his way and conferred with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray Him to them.
Luke 22:3-4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Choose To Praise God / Sexual Immorality____ Satan's Bait / 12 Ways To Identify Pharisees In Your Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.