Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends (19255 Views)

If Your Boo/spouse Keeps Many Female/male Friends / How Many Female Nairalanders Can Boldly Say AMEN To This Prayer? / She Keeps Many Boyfriends And Insists They Are Platonic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by lamyem: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2007
do u have all the keys to him with u? if yes worry less
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by suze(f): 10:02am On Dec 19, 2007
lets not decieve ourselves.We are all humans.Theres no how a guy will keep a lot of female friends that something will not develop one way or the other with one of them.

Even if your guy innocently has nothing in mind, what about the girls?lets face it,Theres no how one of them will not be interested in him.Especilally if hes an o.k guy with a good job and all. I am a girl and I know what i am talking about.

You can try talking to him but I dont think u can change him as thats his nature.He likes having girls around him.

Some girls dont mind as long as they are confident . But If you are not comfortable with him. I advise you to take a walk before you give yourself an heart attack
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Kemjisuper(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2007
@Poster
I guess this is the way it feels when you get into a relationship with someone who seems to be more social and expressive than you are. Sometimes having lots of female friends around him may not be his fault. Imagine a popular musician (say Tuface perhaps) with very few female friends or admirers? That will sound pretty wierd.

Again, ladies tend to magnify every little gesture beyond normal proportion. If your guy starts changing his behaviour towards his female friends, they may start to brand him a snob or "feeler". My advice is for you both to try to strike a balance between both worlds - let him try introducing you to his female friends as his one and only, while at the same time soft-pedalling in his dealings with them (like texts, credit etc).

Warning: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE HIM TO SUIT YOUR PREFERENCES - IT COULD HAVE DISASTROUS CONSEQUENCES

Cheers
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by arktivitym(m): 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2007
Hi.4 me l think there is no harm in your man keeping more of female friends.Y? Since you are always in his company most times after work.Besides,if he is the ladies kind of man,by now you must have heard or better still caught up with him one of them days.U are just jealous,baby.Or what do you think?Give this a (better) thot my dear.[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by spaceworld: 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2007
Know who u are dealing with, in as much he is a trusted guy what else, u need not to kill urself
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2007
D-reloaded:

No you're an slowpoke. "guess" ko, DKNY ni. get out of my face, jare.

You "guess" that he is handling the girl situation fine but you can't "guess" that she can do the same? Seriously who you think you're fooling?

The man is not worried. She should go away now. I bet the guy is doing well financially if not she would have gone and too she is seeing herself walking down the aisle with this guy. That is the worry!

@ Efuah, don't you share your man/men? It is like that everywhere including Ghana.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by lumideezle(m): 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2007
look u all i dont think the babe was blind when she went for the guy n said yes. u cannot change a man no matter what u say the decision to change comes from him and him alone so talk all u like if he dosent wanna change babe girl HE WONT CHANGE
nw its your responsibility to decide wether u can bear this or nt. if nt honey move on. if yes then i wish u guys happy a relationship
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 22, 2007
its nromal
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by sammyjl(f): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2007
Than keep many male friends. 50/50.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by jiogah(m): 10:09pm On Dec 22, 2007
is the GUY a monkey. y wont he have many female friends. If u are a fine boy u cant help but if na , i 'l understand. as for me oh i need many more female pals. infact i'v all d male pals i think i need im my life time.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Finecat(m): 12:14am On Dec 23, 2007
@Poster

If your boyfriend keeps many female friend, then his @ss is gay. PERIOD !
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by almondjoy(f): 7:51am On Dec 23, 2007
@Topic
You still have to battle for ownership and territory my dear poster.

As just a girlfriend I would be concerned since he would make me feel he was still searching. 

But as a wife---no shaking.  They can only try their luck--without success!!! cool As a wife you would have learned to pull the right strings for dog that attempts to stray. You would have learned how to use a "short leash"!!! kiss
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by tommyex(m): 11:23am On Dec 23, 2007
Poster
I dont think its a bad idea,if u guys have many common ideas and behaviours then you can keep him from dating those other girl,though you need to be sure he trully loves you.

Almond
I beg which 1 is short leash oo!nice signature though
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2007
@poster,
if he has many female friends,it goes a long way to show he's quite a charmer.
the guy dey talented a beg.
mind you ,he's definitely screwing one or two of them.
men don't just have "friends".

1 Like

Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by ammamat(f): 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2007
@bennygee
thanks very much my dear is not I really know about his relationship with them, cos i got him red handed
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by marlet01(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2007
ammamat:

@bennygee
thanks very much my dear is not I really know about his relationship with them, because i got him red handed
If you caught him in the act, then I think that is enough reason for you to want away!
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by joshjosh(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2007
why can't men keep female friends? i have more female friends than i have men. they are better friends than any man. more matured and wiser. majority of my friends are happily married or in long term relationship. because of our work we do we may not see for months but when we do we are all great together.

i have had the opposite of your problem with 2 guys. they had nothing to fear but people being good people especially if you fertile imagination. one of them was always threatening me to leave his girl friend alone. they have been married 8yrs now and he is a very good friend too i can report. the other guy was extremely jealous and insecure. he lost a very good girl who i am glad is happily married to my cousin today.

fear and suspicion are tormenting spirits. use the time and energy you spend in wondering what if and what is to do something that will make him never to live without you. become a woman a guy cannot live without. someone said about 90% of what we fear are not real.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2007
thats all the more reason you should appreciate him, cos a litl slip up from you, and gbam! grin
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by babycool(f): 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2007
As for me, i dont think any guy who is ready for a serious relationship should keep many females friends, it complicates everything and therefore should be avoided, even a girl who keep many male friends is often regarded as a flirt.

Except you are comfortable with it, if otherwise i would advice that you talk to your guy about it, tell him your opinion and see what the the two of you can work out.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Busta(f): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2007
babycool:

As for me, i don't think any guy who is ready for a serious relationship should keep many females friends, it complicates everything and therefore should be avoided, even a girl who keep many male friends is often regarded as a flirt.

Except you are comfortable with it, if otherwise i would advice that you talk to your guy about it, tell him your opinion and see what the the two of you can work out.

Very Well Said!
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by ifyalways(f): 5:03pm On Dec 28, 2007
almondjoy:

@Topic
You still have to battle for ownership and territory my dear poster.

As just a girlfriend I would be concerned since he would make me feel he was still searching.

But as a wife---no shaking. They can only try their luck--without success!!! cool As a wife you would have learned to pull the right strings for dog that attempts to stray. You would have learned how to use a "short leash"!!! kiss
LMAO hehe cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by daynike(f): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2007
I agree with you Tboy,men do lie.WELL AS FOR ME I LVE TO PUT EVERYTHING IN GOD'S HAND EWITH THE BELIEVE THAT WHAT WILL BE WILL BE AND ALSO HOPING FOR THE BEST.Like i read today that an opportunity is never lost it is usually taken up by someone else,so we need to be careful and be prayerful.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by joshjosh(m): 12:54am On Dec 29, 2007
that is what is missing in many lives. no prayer no belief in the hand of providence to provide a life partner so to every skirt and trousers in town they pursue. how many are sorrowful today because of the wrong choice. the heart is deceitful.

relationship is too important to be left to trial and luck and all these emotional yoyo's. i know waiting is not easy but is all the pain of distressed and failed relationships worth it?

i read years ago a nigerian preacher say marriage can make or mar you for life. that was enough warning and i am so glad i heard that when i heard it.

but again we have to know there are brilliant forces that interested in making men miserable and what a better way of doing it than placing them in wrong relationships so as to unstable their great destiny.

life and your future is safer in God's hand than the hand of schemers wanting to marry for marrying sake
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by raphy(m): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2007
wazup!
is been long nls happy new yr in advance 2 yall
a guy keeps mny girl friend is not that bad if he still show
u that he loves u dont be jelousenjust let him know ur feeling
my girl friend have many guys tot i h8 it i still taik 2 her bout tht
tell him u love him d guy will show u he lov u 2 wink
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by babadee(m): 2:32am On Dec 30, 2007
@ poster
make them know whos boss!!!
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by Albato(m): 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2007
Absolutely dangerous situation. A man cannot long remain friends with a female (especially a beautiful one) without getting "ideas" one day. Keep an eye on him. Better still, let him know how you feel.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by omogenaija(f): 4:17pm On Dec 31, 2007
1st n foremost any man who's my boyfriend will know that im the jealous type so him keeping female friends is looking for trouble.
2nd i will just have a talk with my boyfriend n his "friends" n put them in their places  angry
3rd women can't be trusted around men ,  even me no telling what we can do and undo  lipsrsealed
4th some men r mumus when it comes to dealing with women , they fall for temptation to easily.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by odiaseo(m): 6:59am On Jan 01, 2008
it depends on the dept of the relationship, the relationship has to get to some point before seek to eliminate his female companions, remember you were one of them before your relationship started with him. He cannot get rid of them over night.

haven said that, do not take the relationship to the next level until you have been able to deal with the other ladies in his life properly or you would be going in for a life long struggle for his attention. What he is now would be what he would be if you eventually decide to marry him except he deals with it before you get any deeper.

A guy that hangs around with mainly women isn't going to go far, this should be a telling sign to you to beware. He may be smooth talking and the ladies man for now but that won't last long. A man with a vision needs other men around him to challenge him.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by janami(f): 6:53am On Jan 02, 2008
hmm,  i have read through the replies and i agree with some of it. i am in that position as well, i mean my boyfriend keeps too many female friends and i am not finding it in the least bit easy. Let us forget about depth of relationship, because me and him have really gone far. i feel uneasy most times and i talked to him about it. He thinks i am only being jealous. well, maybe  i am or maybe i am not. i have only got blood running down my veins. how wont i feel bad when these girls sometimes come visiting. some of them even go as far as eyeing me sometimes (u know girls now) but it is quite clear that he loves me and he has nuttin goin wit these girls but girls can be very dangerous. i like what zignor said. keep more male friends. i put a kind of distance with my male friends (i ve more male friends than female friends) when things started getting serious with us, i mean, how would he feel coming to my house and meeting a guy?  i guess this new year, i will just make it a point to reacquaint myself with my male friends Maybe after a few cold hand shakes with them, he will realise  that he has passed adolescent stage. As i know it, as a man matures the level of his friendship with girls depreciates compared to when he was single abi? am i wrong?
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by odiaseo(m): 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2008
i guess this new year, i will just make it a point to reacquaint myself with my male friends Maybe after a few cold hand shakes with them, he will realise that he has passed adolescent stage. As i know it, as a man matures the level of his friendship with girls depreciates compared to when he was single abi? am i wrong?

You made a wise decision to reduce the number of male friends you had when your relationship got serious, I won't advise you re-establish those relationships just to prove a point to him. Don't sow seeds of jealously and revenge.

A guy doesn't necessarily become more responsible with women with age or in marriage, whatever character one has when single would only be amplified in marriage. If he truly loves you and cares about how you feel and your relationship, he'll make amends and establish boundaries. You get what you tolerate in a relationship.
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by janami(f): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2008
@odiaseo
u are obviously right. smiley
Re: If Your Boyfriend Keeps Many Female Friends by zeetience(f): 10:40pm On Jan 02, 2008
I will at a point telorate that but when it seems the boundry between his closeness with his female friends is exceeding normal,I GO SCREEM OH cos i no fit shout

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Men Face With Their Wives In USA When They Have Green Card As Citizen / Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family / Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.