Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! (6213 Views)

Kachikwu Sanctions NNPC Staff Over Scandalous Project Exposed By PREMIUM TIMES / ”APC To Release Scandalous Documentary Against President Jonathan" FFK / SCANDALOUS: Outrage In Nigeria As Government Brands National ID Card With Master (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by ayobase(m): 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2012
The proposal of selling of NEPA has been on limbo over the years until now. And now I know why it's been on hold. The government simply lavished our money building and buying into NEPA for their personal enrinchment later in the NOW future.NO WONDER!

Which government will want to lose in an investment!

The government flagrantly denied the staff of NEPA the right of purchase in an outright defiance...what a hobson's choice!

''......since you are going to be selling this TERA-company at an outrageous price, then why dont you sell it to us at the expense of our collective gratuities from 2010, plus our collective salaries of 6 months in advance, and see if we dont turn NEPA around within the next 6 months......''
That was quoted un-sic.

But our governement is bent on selling the company out to those that have no iota of idea on how the company is being managed. What a thievery and nascent idea.

They (Atiku, Dangote, GEJ, Babangida,........) simply wanna share among themselves.

Imagine our budget, and imagine this THIEVERY escapade.

Even NEPA's vehicles are worth N200Billion...sorry for my hypothetical conclusion.

N200Billion for Generation stations, Transmission stations, Distribution stations, transformers, RMUs, sub-stations, structures, equipment and et al around the Nation.

Common, this is one of the daylight robberies.

Before the proposal for privatization, the company was worth about N15Trillion, but now N28Trillion after more investments have been done for their collective selfish purposes in the NOW future they have been planning for.

Imagine the allocated bubgets yearly for power sector since the time 'privatization' became an issue.
N200Billion against N25Trillion.

Hey, it is not an obscure agenda, we all know about it.

Incorrigible and gluttonous nonentities in governent!

THIEVES!

Fela don sing for una finish!
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Johndoe100(m): 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2012
Jesus, every lunatic is now shouting. There is light for most of the population, the monsters who only know how to hate can find nothing to say so they come up with insane rantings and ramblings like this.

Fela talkam true true --- animals in human skin.

1 Like

Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by lanrefront1(m): 4:21pm On Aug 01, 2012
IF THIS IS TRUE, then the fraud that the Jonathan Administration is planning to perpetuate is 100 times more than of the fuel subsidy which is a colossal 2.7 trillion naira.

IF THIS IS TRUE, then , Nigerians had better get ready to go out on the streets in masses and stop this thieves from stealing our collective heritage.

IF THIS IS TRUE, then Tunde Bakare was right when he said it was Jonathan's destiny to bankrupt Nigeria.
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Joel3(m): 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
@Johndoe

na ogun go kill u and ur pay master. Infact i command thunder to fire that ur mouth and hand when u take de type so u de craze for head. e nor go better for u and ur government. Time will only tell, watch and see what God will do through revolution. Gadafi death na childs play. If una like make una sell nigeria. Come 2015 when oshobaba go destroy all of una if una like rigm the election. Na revolution from south south. Una days are numbered.

1 Like

Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by lanrefront1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
Please can you quote a source for this your story.
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by PapaBrowne(m): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2012
VALUE IS NOT HOW MUCH YOU INVESTED IN SOMETHING. IT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT AT THE TIME YOU WANT TO SELL IT.

Assume you buy a Ferrari for 50 million Naira say 5 years ago and you couldn't really use it because of poor Nigerian roads.
You are now broke and want to sell it to solve a cringing problem. Now will you value that car at the same 50 million Naira you bought it?? No
Truth is you will sell it to the closest price that would offset your problem even if that price is 2 million Naira.

PHCN can never be worth 25 trillion. Not now!! Not even in Zimbabwean dollars. If that were its worth, we would have more than enough electricity that even our grasses would shock. Actually PHCN should be valued in the negative... more like minus 25 trillion.

To those workers that have punished us with their incompetence, the Nigerian people want you guys to go back to your village and farm. Our electricity would now be generated by new blood. . . . young upwardly mobile fellows like we have in the telecoms and banking sectors.

2 Likes

Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by FrankC3: 8:04pm On Aug 01, 2012
Joel.:
@Johndoe

na ogun go kill u and ur pay master. Infact i command thunder to fire that ur mouth and hand when u take de type so u de craze for head. e nor go better for u and ur government. Time will only tell, watch and see what God will do through revolution. Gadafi death na childs play. If una like make una sell nigeria. Come 2015 when oshobaba go destroy all of una if una like rigm the election. Na revolution from south south. Una days are numbered.

Imagine the kind of mentality you are displaying in public forum. You command thunder? SMH

@Poster
First and foremost, i advice you to read up policy documents of PHCN reform which was enabled by a 2005 act. Most of you guys think that Nigeria is a jungle.

1 Like

Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Alxmyr(m): 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
How can NEPA that hardly produce 3,000 Megawatt worth 25 trillion naira?
This article should be thrown into trash bin. Maybe the poster is one of the NEPA staff who are angry that their corrupt and ineptitudeness is being taken away. If they like, let them sell it for N200 million, as long as I will not be buying fuel of N2,000 daily because some corrupt NEPA staff has vowed to keep Nigeria in darkness, its ok by me.
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 01, 2012
NEPA, is there any company in Nigeria called NEPA ? How do I respond to this.....
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by jmaine: 11:19pm On Aug 01, 2012
[size=18pt]25 trillion what ? . . .I can't fit to laugh . . . [/size]
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by kutchs: 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2012
People just wake up and concoct lies just to discredit the govt, it is really shameful. @op who did you arrive at the #25t nonsense? Are you more concerned about the value of PHCN or about having regular supply of power? Listen Mr Lai Moh‘d people are wiser now and no longer accept ur lies, go find urself a job.
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Joel3(m): 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2012
I just pity u guys, U ve eyes but u cannot see, i only wish if u guys knw what is going on in this country.
Only if u know how much Gej alone claim to ve spent on that PHCN i'll expect u to quite. Obj, yaradua and others also ve spent billions of $. .U don't know anything thats why, the likes of u are the people drawing this country backward. Oshobaba is now trying to reclaim bendelbrewel which our past gov has mismanage and sold away. Which is now ruin down. Shmewww.
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by jmaine: 11:25pm On Aug 01, 2012
I did even prefer they dash it out for free with Nigerians having steady light at an equitable cost . .than sell it at an exorbitant prize, with the fate of the defunct NITEL hovering over it . . . .How did one even arrive at the 25 trillion estimation . . . .

We want steady power Shikena
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
You need ritalin.
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Jeboy(m): 7:45am On Aug 02, 2012
Useless post just trying to discredit d govt at all cost.Just wait and see things turn around.We know d real enemies of Nigeria
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by ayobase(m): 10:43am On Aug 02, 2012
lanre_front: Please can you quote a source for this your story.

From a reliable source!
There is a protest going on now at NEPA Zonal office, Zone 4, Wuse, Abuja.
They are closing down, and moving to the headquarters.
Some unresolved cases on ground also.
....pension and the likes!

@@modified@@
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by ayobase(m): 10:55am On Aug 02, 2012
PapaBrowne: VALUE IS NOT HOW MUCH YOU INVESTED IN SOMETHING. IT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT AT THE TIME YOU WANT TO SELL IT.

Assume you buy a Ferrari for 50 million Naira say 5 years ago and you couldn't really use it because of poor Nigerian roads.
You are now broke and want to sell it to solve a cringing problem. Now will you value that car at the same 50 million Naira you bought it?? No
Truth is you will sell it to the closest price that would offset your problem even if that price is 2 million Naira.

PHCN can never be worth 25 trillion. Not now!! Not even in Zimbabwean dollars. If that were its worth, we would have more than enough electricity that even our grasses would shock. Actually PHCN should be valued in the negative... more like minus 25 trillion.

To those workers that have punished us with their incompetence, the Nigerian people want you guys to go back to your village and farm. Our electricity would now be generated by new blood. . . . young upwardly mobile fellows like we have in the telecoms and banking sectors.

Lets not argue over that.
But why wont the government sell it out to these pple?
And why the sudden expensive projects over the years since it will be sold out eventually?
POC: NEPA inefficiency should be blamed on the government!
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by ayobase(m): 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
Frank-C:

Imagine the kind of mentality you are displaying in public forum. You command thunder? SMH

@Poster
First and foremost, i advice you to read up policy documents of PHCN reform which was enabled by a 2005 act. Most of you guys think that Nigeria is a jungle.

Dont tell me u believe all abt that act.
Mention any of the privatized companies during Obasanjo regime working now!
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by ayobase(m): 12:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
PapaBrowne: VALUE IS NOT HOW MUCH YOU INVESTED IN SOMETHING. IT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT AT THE TIME YOU WANT TO SELL IT.

Common, u cant compare Telecommunication sector to Power sector.
One's medium is air (boundless), and the other's is Wire!
PRIVATIZATION...for more competitors!
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by SkyBlue1: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
ayobase:

Common, u cant compare Telecommunication sector to Power sector.
One's medium is air (boundless), and the other's is Wire!
PRIVATIZATION...for more competitors!

What are you talking about? Who even valued it at 25trillion naira aqnd what method was used for such appraisal. As long as we get light and it is actually sold to the private sector (and not government cronies), what is the issue really about here?

For how many decades has government and NEPA management had the chance to get it right? And now you try to make a case for selling it to that same body of people who couldn't get it right under the argument that 'they know how things run'? Nigerians do understand that a budget has been passed for power like every year now since we got back into democracy and with still little to show, right? Cannot wait for that budgetary burden to be off the government and the money put into other areas that desperately need the money.

1 Like

Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by ayobase(m): 12:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
The public can be given any figure..they only give u what they want u to believe based on about 2trillion.
The estimated value of 25trillion was based on d addition of budgeted money and et al allocated to the power sector since the period of privatizing.
@sky blue:
''Almost'' this same set of people will still be the one to run the system.
Ajaokuta was devalued, but we can now see the consequence.
The workers are only crying foul play by the government.
We blame the workers for lack/inadequate power supply.
Believe me, our government has been the major set back.
Now, the OP is in trouble for sharing this piece of info....LOL!
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
ayobase:

From a reliable source!

@@modified@@

Has the name been reverted to NEPA?

The sale is long overdue but if the infos were true then it will only amount to fraud for PHCN to be valued at N200b.
Though ironically majority of nigerians wouldn't mind PHCN being "dashed" out in order to enjoy steady power supply! grin grin grin
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by ayobase(m): 3:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
Timehin:

Has the name been reverted to NEPA?

The sale is long overdue but if the infos were true then it will only amount to fraud for PHCN to be valued at N200b.
Though ironically majority of nigerians wouldn't mind PHCN being "dashed" out in order to enjoy steady power supply! grin grin grin

PHCN is just a name in view of privatization....I was fully aware when threading.
Its still NEPA as far as the sector is concerned.
Believe me, privatization or not, u will notice drastic change if government can withdraw from that sector.
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2012
Who cares if dead NEPA was given out for free as far as i have steady light undecided
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by ayobase(m): 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
Our government has finally succeeded.....a very planned out mission that could blind Nigerians!
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by PapaBrowne(m): 4:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
ayobase:

PHCN is just a name in view of privatization....I was fully aware when threading.
Its still NEPA as far as the sector is concerned.
Believe me, privatization or not, u will notice drastic change if government can withdraw from that sector.

How does Government withdraw without privatization?? How?
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by kettykin: 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
How can people go about writing to incite the public with lies , if NEPA or PHCN ws worth N25 T how come they were not able to deliver up to 4000 MW of electricity ?
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by ayobase(m): 8:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
PapaBrowne:

How does Government withdraw without privatization?? How?

Some top officials lost their jobs due to calling government to order.
You and I have made made to believe that NEPA is not efficient.
Government has been a set back in that sector....its been said that millions of naira is being pumped into the sector at different occasions, but the money is not getting to the right channels for effective use.EMBEZZLEMENT....among them are those involved in generator biz!
Contracts awarded to senators and unqualified persons.
It reminded me of a senator that imported hundreds of badly refurbished transformers....few passed JUST the INSULATION TEST let alone of other tests.
The senator started threatening due to transparent report submitted.
Due to NEPA's devaluation by the government, the workers suggested that why don't the government sell out the company at the expense of their gratuities (that is even causing chaos now), plus their 6 months salaries in advance,and since the asking price is so outrageous, but the governement refused.
These people understand the rudiments of running this Company.
My brother, you will understand better if u were in the system.
Government hasn't done anything tangible over the years to revive our power sector....we were just being deceived!
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by ayobase(m): 8:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
kettykin: How can people go about writing to incite the public with lies , if NEPA or PHCN ws worth N25 T how come they were not able to deliver up to 4000 MW of electricity ?

As we get ghost workers, na so we get ghost equipments!

Wont they be summed up?
Some irrelevant equipments imported also!
Some just want contracts for selfish gain!
Gez u r not incited by my lies!
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by PapaBrowne(m): 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
ayobase:

Some top officials lost their jobs due to calling government to order.
You and I have made made to believe that NEPA is not efficient.
Government has been a set back in that sector....its been said that millions of naira is being pumped into the sector at different occasions, but the money is not getting to the right channels for effective use.EMBEZZLEMENT....among them are those involved in generator biz!
Contracts awarded to senators and unqualified persons.
It reminded me of a senator that imported hundreds of badly refurbished transformers....few passed JUST the INSULATION TEST let alone of other tests.
The senator started threatening due to transparent report submitted.
Due to NEPA's devaluation by the government, the workers suggested that why don't the government sell out the company at the expense of their gratuities (that is even causing chaos now), plus their 6 months salaries in advance,and since the asking price is so outrageous, but the governement refused.
These people understand the rudiments of running this Company.
My brother, you will understand better if u were in the system.
Government hasn't done anything tangible over the years to revive our power sector....we were just being deceived!

Ayobase. Nigeria has to move on. PHCN or NEPA is not about the thousands of workers that earn a living there. It is about the millions of Nigeria the need energy for their daily lives. We don not need the people that understand the old system. The old system has been a set back. We need people with a new frame of mind.
We saw what a totally new system did in the telecom sector and the banking sector. NITEL could not even use the free license they got on MTEL to generate 1 Kobo, despite all the assets and leverages they. GLO, a fully owned Nigerian company is generating billions of dollars despite starting from scratch.
We sympathise with the NEPA officials that might loose their jobs in the thousands, but we are more interested in the millions of new jobs and the better lives that improved power supply would result in and we can only get that done in the private sector.
If Government sees competent operators to dash NITEL to free of charge, if they will give us more power we would be glad!!
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Pataki: 8:51pm On Aug 02, 2012
Once you buy a product, it starts having a depreciating value. Nothing in life is constant.

Most of the transformers you ascribe to NEPA today are redundant and useless.

That NEPA is worth even N200 billion today, I must say it is a miracle.
Re: N25trillion Worth Of NEPA To Be Sold At N200billion.....scandalous! by Beaf: 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
ayobase:

From a reliable source!

@@modified@@

GEJ bera close the damn thing even faster. cool

By the way, NEPA (alias PHCN) is just a bunch of offices, admin centres and stores filled with stuff like metres. They do not own power plants or transmission infrastructure, so GEJ might as well dash it out to those who have more sense and morals than the thieving lot that have been running the place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Common Kenya Disrespecting Nigeria ? / How Is Muhammed (muslim) Far Away In Saudi Claiming Holy Sight In Israel? Nawaoo / FG Is Working ‘very Hard’ To Contain Security Challenges-jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.