Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) (26039 Views)

Scam Alert For Online Sellers / Post And Expose Your Bad Experience With Online Sellers. / Buy Cheap And Enjoy Free Shipping To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 11:39am On Aug 02, 2012
freeman11: i have able to buy books only from Amazon. when it comes to other products like electronics and or clothings they tell you it cannot be shipped. why the discrimination on the types of products itself. again UPS and DHL have never charged me extra for the books.

um . . . Of course UPS, FEDEX and DHL never charged you extra. They don't need to as they already charge you more for shipping than the local services do. And please don't even bother trying to claim that UPS/FEDEX/DHL is not expensive.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 11:40am On Aug 02, 2012
Siena:

He/she is entitled to express an opinion. I doubt anything negative anyone says here will make any difference to the way the world perceives Nigeria. I too have sent goods to Nigeria, and then spent weeks chasing up for insurance claims, because the items never got to their recipients. It doesn't really matter whether you believe anyone's stories.

The fact remains Nigeria has a lot of work to do when it comes to integrity. We're talking a country where even family rip each other off, a son will scam his mother, a brother will divert funds sent by his siblings to start a project to his own use, where family don't trust each other etc. Now tell me why a stranger thousands of miles away would want to engage in commerce with a Nigerian in Nigeria?

sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by deluckiest(m): 12:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
I shop mostly on AMAZON and have the goods shipped to my US rented address from their I have the goods shipped to me in Nigeria using DHL. I've never had a cause to complain. I bought my new laptop, 'ASUS A53E' through Amazon dot com on February and also have it delivered to me using DHL.

I'd advise, anyone having issues of items delivery to Nigeria to try Amazon. Lest I forget, you can rent your US address space with a dedicated US phone line from MYUS DOT COM. Try it you won't regret. It's what I've been using over the years.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
kingoflag:

Dude, I'm not attacking you. Chill. Oya no vex. I was just pulling your legs o. Its not that serious.

Yes you are. This is like the sixth time you attack me wrongly even when I haven't said anything to you. You're right that's it not that serious, I don't take it too seriously as well, but for real please...

mavinc4u:

if you are genuine,you will send it.as for your bank details,didn't they have it before or do you make transaction without them having account or card details.

LOL....I wonder o, if ebay owns PayPal that has ALL your account info, then go figure...Well, I'm watching.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by rareman(m): 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
please please for all intent and purpose ignore any post from this kobo lady, she has never made sense in any of her post. All she does is whine over what is not working, someone is providing solution she is saying its not going to work, ok kobo tell us what works or the way forward, all u get is complain. Nigeria as it is now needs people who sees the glass half full not the other way round. This thread is not about what is not working but about what is working and what ll continue to work if we inspire a new mindset.
I don't often post hear but after reading the 1st page am convinced that someone is being mischievous. Bookbiz ride on am enjoying you joor. Nigeria will one day be known for great things whether we like it or not. A new set of mind is coming, that's where the revolutions is taking place.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
These kind people and their "@Kobojunkie is saying what @Kobojunkie never said" tactics . . . na wa oo!!! Since when did, in 2004, an ebay account become a Paypal account? Which one concern Paypal with me now?
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by fenandopo: 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
[b][/b][i][/i]
livapul86: Please guys, am sorry for posting this here but I am getting conflicting opinions
about this. I recently bought some clothes
online for me and my younger brother, and am
being told that the clothes might be confiscated
at the post office when I go to retrieve them because the Importation of clothes to the country is illegal. Pls,
to those of you that Import clothes, how true is
this? Would I be harassed at the Post office?
Awaiting your answers.

No nothing go happen.....there will only be issues if you were to import from 200 or 300 clothes...if anyone queries you, act as if you over Sabi. Tell them an personal effects!
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by cecegorz(m): 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
This is really a big issue for my country.
Asides from some sites refusing to ship to Nigeria,
Other sites also impose higher security authorizations
from credit/debits cards coming from Nigeria in other
to frustratrate you from making a purchase.

The means i devised is using my UK address as the
billing address, and then tell my folks to DHL to
Naijaland.
We seriously need to show seriousness in prosecuting
frauds in both government and private sectors and let
the international community see that we have zero tolerance
for rogues.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by akinalabi(m): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
deluckiest: I shop mostly on AMAZON and have the goods shipped to my US rented address from their I have the goods shipped to me in Nigeria using DHL. I've never had a cause to complain. I bought my new laptop, 'ASUS A53E' through Amazon dot com on February and also have it delivered to me using DHL.

I'd advise, anyone having issues of items delivery to Nigeria to try Amazon. Lest I forget, you can rent your US address space with a dedicated US phone line from MYUS DOT COM. Try it you won't regret. It's what I've been using over the years.

The point is not how we can dance around this problem. We all have ways of solving individual challenges. I deal with lots of international providers and I dont have problems with them.

The problem is the bigger picture. We have to clean up our acts so everyone can have smooth financial transactions with the rest of the world.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
akinalabi:

[size=14pt]The point is not how we can dance around this problem. [/size]We all have ways of solving individual challenges. I deal with lots of international providers and I dont have problems with them.

The problem is the bigger picture. We have to clean up our acts so everyone can have smooth financial transactions with the rest of the world.

Exactly! Dancing around the problem is not the same thing as solving the problem. The problem will still be there waiting until it is tackled, and the only way is to admit there is a problem and we need to SOLVE IT.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by dollypi(m): 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
I believe that this is the number one reason why "they" will not ship to Nigeria. There are names and addresses of Nigerian scammers on that website, as well as tales of woe from the scammed.

http://www.whoisandrewwee.com/ebay-auctions/ebay-nigeria-scam-exposed/

It is important to note that the thread has been active since 2007, and I still get regular updates from the posts of the freshly scammed.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by 19naia(m): 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
my friend in nigeria wanted to purchase internet sale item and he asked me in USA to purchase it..So i purchased it in USA with USA bank Visa card but had the delivery address as owerri in Nigeria...He recieved the package free of charge as gift from me...Shipping to Nigeria is not the problem these companies have,its conducting the financial transactions with Nigeria as required to pay for the shipment.

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by dayus444: 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2012
The major reason why most sellers online do not want to ship to Nigeria on most occasions is not about a bad postal service, it's because they are scared that they could get scammed one way or the other.This is worsened by the fact that a lot of sellers on eBay have been scammed several times through fake PayPal payment emails being used by the infamous 'Yahoo Boys'.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by MMM2(m): 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
Naija & bad record
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mavinc4u(f): 3:21am On Aug 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

um . . . what does IF I AM GENUINE I will send it mean? I tell you that I don't believe in sending anything at that cost and you posit that if I am genuine I will. Are you suggesting my belief is not genuine? I really don't know what genuine means in this context.

um . . . they have you ENTER your information but having PROOF that you are really the owner of the account details is ANOTHER THING ENTIRELY. And that usually entails verifying you via ID or even SS#, and what bank details? I told you I got something in the mail asking me to send proof of my identity in order to continue as a seller on eBay, you are asking me of my bank details. Please learn to READ.

my dear,i read your post very well before commenting.i don't glance through post,i read it.if you didn't send your details to them before opening the account,a red flag must have been raised because of one reason or another and for them to verify who you are and if your business is genuine,they need those details.if you cannot provide it then you are hiding something from them which means you are not genuine.if you are registering with any organisation,please try and find out their dos and don'ts,if you cannot accept it then don't sign aggreement with them.Period.it is in the aggreement you signed that if there is any funny movemnet,some documents must be provided to verify your movement,it is left for you to decide which one to send to them and the one that is confidential to you.if not close your account and allow them to be.Shekina
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mavinc4u(f): 3:24am On Aug 03, 2012
deluckiest: I shop mostly on AMAZON and have the goods shipped to my US rented address from their I have the goods shipped to me in Nigeria using DHL. I've never had a cause to complain. I bought my new laptop, 'ASUS A53E' through Amazon dot com on February and also have it delivered to me using DHL.

Those people with hidden charges.don't even give that advice to any one

1 Like

Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mavinc4u(f): 3:27am On Aug 03, 2012
manny4life:

Yes you are. This is like the sixth time you attack me wrongly even when I haven't said anything to you. You're right that's it not that serious, I don't take it too seriously as well, but for real please...

LOL....I wonder o, if ebay owns PayPal that has ALL your account info, then go figure...Well, I'm watching.

guy what exactly are you talking about if ebay owns paypal.of course Ebay owns paypal and they work hand in hand.if you commit any thing on ebay,they request more information from paypal especially when the payment mode is paypal likewise paypal.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mavinc4u(f): 3:39am On Aug 03, 2012
dollypi: I believe that this is the number one reason why "they" will not ship to Nigeria. There are names and addresses of Nigerian scammers on that website, as well as tales of woe from the scammed.

http://www.whoisandrewwee.com/ebay-auctions/ebay-nigeria-scam-exposed/

It is important to note that the thread has been active since 2007, and I still get regular updates from the posts of the freshly scammed.

those names and addresses are not their real names and real addresses.i was at post office one day when one of these guys came to collect his package and he was questioned by the post guys,they told him that they came to his address to drop a pick up card but the address does not exist and the name too and the guy was dumbfounded.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 3:53am On Aug 03, 2012
mavinc4u:

my dear,i read your post very well before commenting.i don't glance through post,i read it.if you didn't send your details to them before opening the account,a red flag must have been raised because of one reason or another and for them to verify who you are and if your business is genuine,they need those details.if you cannot provide it then you are hiding something from them which means you are not genuine.if you are registering with any organisation,please try and find out their dos and don'ts,if you cannot accept it then don't sign aggreement with them.Period.it is in the aggreement you signed that if there is any funny movemnet,some documents must be provided to verify your movement,it is left for you to decide which one to send to them and the one that is confidential to you.if not close your account and allow them to be.Shekina

Are you an ebay spokesperson?

a) You do not send your information to ebay BEFORE opening an account. At least not in 2004 when I opened said account. EBAY NEVER REQUESTED THIS INFORMATION FROM ME WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR THE SELLER ACCOUNT.

b) Second, back then, I had never heard of anyone sending their driver's license information or even bank statement to Ebay to verify identity so as to open a store.If It had not happened to me, I would not have believed stories that Ebay could ask for such given Ebay is not a bank or some government agency I am dealing with.

c) Again, go back read what I typed. It was NOT UNTIL my communicating with the person supposedly a Nigeria that my account was LOCKED and after then, I got a request from EBAY informing me of the reason(both by email and then by mail) and requesting that I send by post Identification and account verification information so my account could be UNLOCKED.

What part of that is hard for you to grasp? I never said anything about not knowing the agreement or refusing the agreement. I just never thought that exchanging emails with a person online would amount to my account being locked given that there was no transaction, simply requests by me to said person to find a different payment if he wanted the goods. Again, what part of that story continues to elude you?

Stop thinking you have everyone figured out!!! I already told this story. I am not sure why you are on about something you did not witness.

And please it has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with PAYPAL before you attempt to spin that one in too. Back in 2004, Ebay was still an OPTIONAL service, I don't what it is today since I have not used ebay since then.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Aug 03, 2012
dayus444: The major reason why most sellers online do not want to ship to Nigeria on most occasions is not about a bad postal service, it's because they are scared that they could get scammed one way or the other.This is worsened by the fact that a lot of sellers on eBay have been scammed several times through fake PayPal payment emails being used by the infamous 'Yahoo Boys'.

I agree but for those of us who are Nigerians in the diaspora, already engaged in these businesses, the major hindrance to our helping OPEN UP the Nigerian market is shipping problems. There are thousands of Nigerian owned small businesses around the world is if they could all do business more easily with those in Nigeria, it would go a long way to help announce to the world, that Nigeria may possibly be opening up. However since this group still struggle when it comes to doing business with those in Nigeria, I think this is an area that should get priority attention as well.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by akinalabi(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I agree but for those of us who are Nigerians in the diaspora, already engaged in these businesses, the major hindrance to our helping OPEN UP the Nigerian market is shipping problems. There are thousands of Nigerian owned small businesses around the world is if they could all do business more easily with those in Nigeria, it would go a long way to help announce to the world, that Nigeria may possibly be opening up. However since this group still struggle when it comes to doing business with those in Nigeria, I think this is an area that should get priority attention as well.

That's one perspective I didnt really think about. Great point.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by staffingx: 9:38am On Aug 03, 2012
Mandelaguy: The text question is no longer in use,they are beginning to trust Nigerians more!

wrong sir. Just last monday, i collected a western union inflow and i had to enter the test question in addition to the extra layer of security.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2012
mavinc4u:

guy what exactly are you talking about if ebay owns paypal.of course Ebay owns paypal and they work hand in hand.if you commit any thing on ebay,they request more information from paypal especially when the payment mode is paypal likewise paypal.

Exactly my point! I know ebay owns PayPal, they founded PayPal as their supporting unit, I know that but I was referring to a FALSE CLAIM of why she would send bank account details when indeed, they have your records on file.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
Guys what the hell is happening here, What are you guys shipping to Nigeria, all these lost but yet to be found. pls dont ship Coke to naija, wee are still battling fresh vegetable ( weed ) menace grin
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by BizBooks(m): 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
manny4life:
I know ebay owns PayPal, they founded PayPal as their supporting unit,

Minor Correction: Paypal was not founded by eBay. They used to be an independent company but
was purchased by eBay in 2002. Some reports say the purchase price was 1.5 Billion Dollars.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by cocoduck: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2012

how do you do it pls let me know in details how you do it
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by manny4life(m): 12:55am On Aug 04, 2012
BizBooks:

Minor Correction: Paypal was not founded by eBay. They used to be an independent company but
was purchased by eBay in 2002. Some reports say the purchase price was 1.5 Billion Dollars.

I thought eBay founder started PayPal? .... Correction taken, cool cool cool
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by agentctu(m): 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
It is true but if u are interested,you can send me a mail at mynlcbusiness@yahoo.com, and will give you detailed information on how you can get your products securely delivered at your doorstep.
Re: Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) by mavinc4u(f): 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2012
manny4life:

Exactly my point! I know ebay owns PayPal, they founded PayPal as their supporting unit, I know that but I was referring to a FALSE CLAIM of why she would send bank account details when indeed, they have your records on file.

for verification.is not as if they don't have those records,they do but they want you to input those details again to see if they matched what they have in record especially the ip address and documents submitted earlier,at least if it was forged,is possible if you have forgotten everything you did initially

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Real Internet Biz You Can Start With Just N150 -yes! One Hundred And Fifty Naira / Diamond Bank Apapa Fire Incident: Bank Management Releases Official Statement / Project Finance Assistance By Wealthfield Multipurpose Cooperative Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.