Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies (23514 Views)

Dangote Group Massive Graduates And Exp. Job Recruitment / Japaul Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by miteolu(m): 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
dplordx: So much for BSC and BA. Atleast, soon, they would need a PhD for a gateman. Sad.

Sad? Job has been created if you like apply. Everyone started from somewhere. GEJ had no shoe but know he has matching shoes

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by otokx(m): 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
This is so cool.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
Imagine an Illiterate like Dangote employing Graduates as Drivers, orishirishi, Money miss road!
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by tpapi: 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
Na wa o,graduate dey drive trailer now,see levels,i dey hail o
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by AfroBlue(m): 1:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
Many graduates in the U.S. wait on tables in restaurants, do menial jobs, work in retail until something opens up on a higher level, or until they save enough capital to start their own business. Same with Chinese grads. Unemployed graduates in the U.K. sit on their arses and do nothing because of the class/caste mental system.

Don't be ashamed to take a humble position in an dynamic organization and grow your skills. Drivers need managers, managers need dispatchers and logistic personnel. Fleet service need parts inventory managers.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by AjanleKoko: 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
Afro_Blue: Many graduates in the U.S. wait on tables in restaurants, do menial jobs, work in retail until something opens up on a higher level, or until they save enough capital to start their own business. Same with Chinese grads. Unemployed graduates in the U.K. sit on their arses and do nothing because of the class/caste mental system.

. . . and we were colonized by the UK.
So no surprise Nigerian graduates don't want to sweat for a decent paycheck.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by tollu: 1:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Imagine an Illiterate like Dangote employing Graduates as Drivers, orishirishi, Money miss road!

Dey there. *yimu
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by AfroBlue(m): 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
AjanleKoko:

. . . and we were colonized by the UK.
So no surprise Nigerian graduates don't want to sweat for a decent paycheck.

The U.S. is still the Queen Mum's colony(secretly) also.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by bigx(m): 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
And they would all apply after complaining in public *smh*

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Ignatio(m): 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
Lord help us. Insult to certificates. But on the other hand we don't have any choice. Rather than sit at home doing nothing better apply.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by manny4life(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
Commercial driver are paid good at least here, so please if you have the necessary requirements, please apply. grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Dozieson(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
the idea is not dat bad.some pple will make the best out of it. they may pay up to 120k for a start.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by bigx(m): 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
CHESSBOARD: Imagine an Illiterate like Dangote employing Graduates as Drivers, orishirishi, Money miss road!

Money is meant for graduates alone? No sleep for bike o!
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by dridowu: 2:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
Is it real ? Am totally confused
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by younix(f): 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
wud av love 2 apply,bt unfortunately i cant drive. bt seriously its beta dan notin.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Debeloved87(m): 2:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
yuzedo:

You went to school for how many years, GRADUATED, and you speak like this?!! undecided This offer is too generous for you. You deserve to be a Clown at children's parties (Barney, Tellytubbies, etc)

@OP: Not only is this a fantastic initiative, i believe it will benefit the unemployed more than it would Dangote because nothing stops him from continuing to recruit illiterates. We need educated and rational people taking up these kind of jobs for obvious reasons. For one, Salary will be at least over N80,000 monthly. There will be better road safety awareness, and it is a skill in high demand in Europe and America, thus if you find yourself abroad you won't be redundant and end up flippin' burgers in McDonalds.

I've always said that there are jobs in Nigeria for people who want to work. Unemployment is an illusion for the lazy. Everyone wants to work in Oil Company and Bank to feed their egos, even if they have no future/career progression potentials.
guy,use ur head and n
ot your tummy,this is absolutely barbaric, what future does a truck driver have. How can he be able to think and forge ahead his life and career when on another mans wheel and all he is thinking his how he is goin to make it in delivering goods to the boko haram states. Dangote should invite less graduates students or even illeterates for this kind of job and provide an entrepreneural organisation and leadership unit for graduates where graduates can learn, develop themselves,and obtain loan to start any business that is able to standardize the staggering economy of our beloved country...sooner than later he might call for your professors that taught you in school to come and take up cleaning job in his company...so barbaric
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Dozieson(m): 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
CHESSBOARD]Imagine an Illiterate like Dangote employing Graduates as Drivers, orishirishi, Money miss road!

dangote is more educated than u are. check his profile
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by 2mch(m): 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
Nigerians have sunk really low. Shame on dangote for this insult. Imagine? A graduate driver. Maybe that is what he thinks nigerian graduates are worth today. You guys should keep laughing. When the international companies and even jobs around the world start doing the same, na then una eye go clear. Make una dey support such.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Oluabayomi1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
I have been looking for an avenue to apply as an executive driver but thank God for Dangote driving academy. Driving's one of those things i love doing. Dangote ought to be praised coz he's better than ÒTÉDIOLE.NITT,Zaria's also a nice place to be. I'm off to the cafe so as to apply.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by GMacbeth: 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
Must the training be done in boko haram base nonesense aliko i need your wife to massage me
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by tunde2505: 2:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
However u look at it,it doesn't make sense is all because of the bas system we are running a gradute and becoming a driver too bad
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by ooua: 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
Debeloved87:
guy,use ur head and n
ot your tummy,this is absolutely barbaric, what future does a truck driver have. How can he be able to think and forge ahead his life and career when on another mans wheel and all he is thinking his how he is goin to make it in delivering goods to the boko haram states. Dangote should invite less graduates students or even illeterates for this kind of job and provide an entrepreneural organisation and leadership unit for graduates where graduates can learn, develop themselves,and obtain loan to start any business that is able to standardize the staggering economy of our beloved country...sooner than later he might call for your professors that taught you in school to come and take up cleaning job in his company...so barbaric

I feel you. Nigeria is a place where anything goes. Like you said why can't he employ less qualified persons and train them to become professional drivers. Tell me how can a graduate driver develop his career. If you get that job I guarantee you are hooked. The salary will never be enough for you to save and start off a small business and you will regrate it after ten years on this job you cannot move on. My people think, do'nt ever APPLY for this job. Nigeria is a third world country and can never be compared with the developed countries. Whether you like it or not you will meet other truck drivers(uneducated) and you will cry for the better part of your career life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by ebamma(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2012
i know a guy who rides heavy duty trucks for a cement company and is earning 120,000 naira per month,its better to be a graduate driver earning that much than being a jobless graduate

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by JimmyBoy1: 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
We should do not discourage people here, if you dont like the Job that is fine, but there is certainly nothing wrong about driving trucks. Nigerian PHd holders are in UK and US doing menial jobs all in the name of being abroad.

As far as I am concerned, this is another addition to our GDP. For those of us who had ventured into Haulage business we know the challenges of using illiterates as drivers. They cause accidents, divert your products and are generally unruly. Therefore it is highly necessary to have crop of educated drivers.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by Tadup: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
searay: So with my B.Agric, i go apply? Na lie. Instead, I go join politics or MEND/BH equivalent
he should have offered for more decent position. Such as bsc truck supervisors, bsc truck tracking officers etc.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by ooua: 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
ebamma: i know a guy who rides heavy duty trucks for a cement company and is earning 120,000 naira per month,its better to be a graduate driver earning that much than being a jobless graduate

Am laughing out loud. You must be a very young person, but this is the best time to plan your future. You can never grow on this job, if you like go ahead because of N120,000 now then after four years you want a change of job and you will not be able to present a CV with work experience to get a better offer somewhere else. Monkey come chop banana

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by justfash50: 2:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
Some are very funny sha, Graduate driver what about a Marketer { Graduate some with a masters Degree) who will drive to deliver Goods to various place.

If am in the shoes of these Graduate of today i will grab it sharp sharp. You guys dont understand what is going on out there because you are still been fed by your family.

The only thing which i know he will never do is pay them peanuts.

Stop fuming and face reality of situation in Nigeria unless you want these so Graduate you are discouraging to take to crime.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by mhozzis(m): 2:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
basher: You guys are having a laugh!! Of course you know where to stick your Mickey mouse "degrees" which, 9 times out of 10, you have to come abroad to get a masters degree from a second rate uni to support it with before you can land a really decent job. In that case you better apply for the HGV training with Dangote, because if it’s done to international standards, it will be a transferable skill that you can use to hustle part-time when you come to do your masters degree abroad. HGV drivers in UK get around £1000 a week or more.

I believe Dangote has good intentions (if such a programme actually exists) because he's under no obligation to spend all that money training drivers when he can get drivers cheaply off the street; it certainly will be an industry-changing game-raiser. So, instead of sitting down & waiting for that "oyel" job that may never materialize, you are better off going into the HGV training programme at least to see how a proper transport company is run. Who knows, it might be you advertising for HGV drivers in the future. smiley
true wordz
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by mhozzis(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
yuzedo:

You went to school for how many years, GRADUATED, and you speak like this?!! undecided This offer is too generous for you. You deserve to be a Clown at children's parties (Barney, Tellytubbies, etc)

@OP: Not only is this a fantastic initiative, i believe it will benefit the unemployed more than it would Dangote because nothing stops him from continuing to recruit illiterates. We need educated and rational people taking up these kind of jobs for obvious reasons. For one, Salary will be at least over N80,000 monthly. There will be better road safety awareness, and it is a skill in high demand in Europe and America, thus if you find yourself abroad you won't be redundant and end up flippin' burgers in McDonalds.

I've always said that there are jobs in Nigeria for people who want to work. Unemployment is an illusion for the lazy. Everyone wants to work in Oil Company and Bank to feed their egos, even if they have no future/career progression potentials.
wetin the guy do u na
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by kooto(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2012
Debeloved87: This is incredibly insane, did i studied in the university for a good number of years just to become a truck driver, dangote must be having a brain tumour to look down on graduates like this, this vacancy for graduate its a complete shame and embarrassment to the Nigeria educational system..Dangote should be jailed for this..and however let him, his wife and children go for their stupid training and drive their on truck on the deathtrap nigerian roads..mteew

well,I don't see anything wrong in it, instead I think it's a thing of the mind; there's dignity in labour there are graduates who go to wash plates outside nigeria and there are graduates in nigeria who are taxi drivers[without insurance & benefits]being a gradute does not make you a professional.there are some jobs that your university certificate is not important, what is important is your certification [professional certificates]and experience about the job.that also could be a stepping stone to the opening of other doors even in Dangote industries.
Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by lafuria1(m): 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2012
What happens to those that didnt go to school.? The fear of nigeria roads is enough to scare me away. More concered about long term issues. Best of luck to those applyin.
How much does a menial job in nigeria get u and a uk job, nt d same. Abeg dont compare. Take a look at both minimum wage and value of currency.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Group: Graduate Trainee Driver Job Vacancies by bisi16(m): 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
Debeloved87: This is incredibly insane, did i studied in the university for a good number of years just to become a truck driver, dangote must be having a brain tumour to look down on graduates like this, this vacancy for graduate its a complete shame and embarrassment to the Nigeria educational system..Dangote should be jailed for this..and however let him, his wife and children go for their stupid training and drive their on truck on the deathtrap nigerian roads..mteew
Are you, or government providing any job? Abeg give the man credit joor!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Innoson Motors Recruiting 3000 Employees / Ernst And Young Calling For Aptitude Test 2012 / This Is How Job Interviews Are Supposed To Be.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.