Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,979 members, 7,799,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) (4389 Views)

Mitt Romney President-Elect Transition Website Leaks Online / Mitt Romney's Loss In Pictures / Barack Obama Vs Mitt Romney : Election Night Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by PhysicsQED(m): 6:15pm On Aug 01, 2012
Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes

Top 10 Dumbest Mitt Romney Quotes (So Far)

By Daniel Kurtzman, About.com Guide

1. "Corporations are people, my friend… of course they are. Everything corporations earn ultimately goes to the people. Where do you think it goes? Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People's pockets. Human beings, my friend." —Mitt Romney to a heckler at the Iowa State Fair who suggested that taxes should be raised on corporations as part of balancing the budget (August 2011)

2. "I like being able to fire people who provide services to me." –Mitt Romney, using an unfortunate choice of words while advocating for consumer choice in health insurance plans (January 2012)

3. "I'm not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there." —Mitt Romney (January 2012)

4. "He [Obama] says we need more firemen, more policemen, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people." —Mitt Romney at a campaign event in Council Bluffs, Iowa, June 8, 2012

5. "I'll take a lot of credit for the fact that this industry's come back." –Mitt Romney, –Mitt Romney, on the American auto industry, despite having written a New York Times op-ed in 2008 titled "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt," in which he said if GM, Ford and Chrysler got a government bailout "you can kiss the American automotive industry goodbye"

6. "It's hard to know just how well [the 2012 London Olympics] will turn out. There are a few things that were disconcerting. The stories about the private security firm not having enough people, the supposed strike of the immigration and customs officials, that obviously is not something which is encouraging." –Mitt Romney, insulting Britain on the eve of the Olympics by suggesting the country is not ready, NBC News interview, July 25, 2012

7. "I'll tell you what, ten-thousand bucks? $10,000 bet?" –Mitt Romney, attempting to make a wager with Rick Perry during a Republican presidential debate to settle a disagreement about health care (December 2011)

8. "I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.

9. "[My wife] drives a couple of Cadillacs." –Mitt Romney, campaigning for president in Michigan (February 2012)

10. "I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love." –Mitt Romney (January 2012)

Bonus Quotes:

"PETA is not happy that my dog likes fresh air." —Mitt Romney in 2007, responding to criticism from People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals following revelations that he had once put the family dog in a carrier and strapped it to the roof of his car during a 12-hour road trip

"I have some friends who are NASCAR team owners." —Mitt Romney, after being asked whether he follows NASCAR racing (February 2012)

"There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip" –Mitt Romney, attempting to identify with the problems of average folk (January 2012)

"I'm not sure about these cookies. They don't look like you made them. No, no. They came from the local 7/11 bakery, or whatever." —Mitt Romney, visiting a local bakery while campaigning in Pittsburgh, PA, April 17, 2012 (The owner of the baker later told MSNBC he was offended by Romney's remarks.)

"I like those fancy raincoats you bought. Really sprung for the big bucks." —Mitt Romney to a group of NASCAR fans wearing plastic ponchos at the Daytona 500 (February 2012)

"We have a president, who I think is is a nice guy, but he spent too much time at Harvard, perhaps." —Mitt Romney, who has two Harvard degrees (April 5, 2012)

"I love this state. The trees are the right height." —Mitt Romney, campaigning in Michigan (February 2012)

"I'm running for office for Pete's sake, we can't have illegals" –Mitt Romney, recalling his reaction when he learned that there were illegal aliens working the ground on his property, employed by a firm that he subsequently fired (October 2011)

"I get speaker's fees from time to time, but not very much." —Mitt Romney, who earned $374,000 in speaking fees in one year according to according to his personal financial disclosure (January 2012)

"It's not worth moving heaven and earth, spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2007 about killing Osama bin Laden

"Who let the dogs out? Who, who." –Mitt Romney, during an awkward photo op with a group of African Americans kids at a Martin Luther King Day parade (January 2008)

"I'm Wolf Blitzer and yes, that's my real name." —CNN's Wolf Blitzer at the beginning of a November 2011 Republican presidential debate
"I'm Mitt Romney—and yes Wolf, that's also my first name." —Mitt Romney, getting his own name wrong (his first name is "Willard," and his middle name is 'Mitt')

"I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was." —Mitt Romney (May 17, 2012)

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/mittromney/a/Mitt-Romney-Quotes.htm
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by PhysicsQED(m): 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2012
''Well, this person shouldn't have had any kind of weapons and bombs and other devices and it was illegal for him to have many of those things already. But he had them.''
—Mitt Romney, confused about the mass shooting in a Colorado movie theater, in which the gunman legally obtained all of his weapons and tactical gear, NBC News interview, July 25, 2012
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by PhysicsQED(m): 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
''I saw my father march with Martin Luther King.''
—GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, bragging in 2007 about his family's record on civil rights. Romney later admitted he didn't technically see his father march with King, nor did his father ever march with the civil rights leader on the same day or in the same city.

''I saw the young man over there with eggs Benedict, with hollandaise sauce. And I was going to suggest to you that you serve your eggs with hollandaise sauce in hubcaps. Because there's no plates like chrome for the hollandaise.''
—GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, after working the room at a New Hampshire restaurant and pausing for a photo with the owner (June 2011)

''It's not worth moving heaven and earth, spending billions of dollars just trying to catch one person.''
—Mitt Romney, speaking in 2007 about killing Osama bin Laden

''My sons are all adults and they've made decisions about their careers and they've chosen not to serve in the military and active duty and I respect their decision in that regard. One of the ways my sons are showing support for our nation is helping me get elected because they think I'd be a great president.''
—Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney in 2007

''I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love.''
—Mitt Romney (January 2012)

Mitt Romney in 2012: ''I don't manage the money that I have. In order to make sure that I didn't have a conflict of interest while I was governor or while I was considering a run for national office, I had a blind trust established.''

Mitt Romney in 1994: ''The blind trust is an age-old ruse, if you will, which is to say, you can always tell the blind trust what it can and cannot do. You give a blind trust rules.''

''I like those fancy raincoats you bought. Really sprung for the big bucks.''
—Mitt Romney to a group of NASCAR fans wearing plastic ponchos at the Daytona 500 (February 2012)

''Don't try to stop the foreclosure process. Let it run its course and hit the bottom.''
—Mitt Romney, defending banks and kicking people out of their homes

''[Obama's stimulus program is] one of the biggest peacetime spending binges in American history.''
—Mitt Romney in April 2011, while U.S. troops were fighting wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and involved in airstrikes against Libya

''I'm not familiar precisely with what I said, but I'll stand by what I said, whatever it was.''
—Mitt Romney, asked in a press conference about remarks he made to Fox News host Sean Hannity in which he said Obama was trying to make America a less Christian nation (Jacksonville, Florida, May 17, 2012)
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by KayDee4: 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2012
[size=13pt] The king of gaffes !!! [/size]
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by PhysicsQED(m): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2012
Kay-Dee:
[size=13pt] The king of gaffes !!! [/size]

This man will say anything in order to get elected, even if it makes no sense.

His recent foreign tour was a complete debacle.
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by PhysicsQED(m): 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
Romney praised Israel's healthcare system while in Israel recently:

http://bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2012/07/31/mitt-romney-praises-israeli-health-system-even-though-more-government-run-than-obama-health-law/7FxThiiGMex7kCLUcXGjXN/story.html

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/186530/mitt-romney-loves-israels-universal-healthcare/

In light of his healthcare stance in the U.S., this looks bizarre.

He also recently said that Israelis were better off than Palestinians because they were culturally superior to Palestinians in a speech and then denied that he said that soon after even though it was very clear that that was what he was saying.

And this guy has 2 degrees from Harvard?!
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by misterh(m): 12:08am On Aug 04, 2012
O'boi, see ambition-threatening gaffes! I'm sure Obama would be mindful of what he says. He's a born speaker. Romney can't withstand Obama in public speaking.
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by cheikh: 2:54am On Aug 04, 2012
Kay-Dee
The king of gaffes !!!

@^^ grin. Truthfully, the so called gaffes are serious "thinking" and deliberately designed to befuddle his supporters/Americans who do not exert themselves by reading nor thinking things through for self, most especially a "Politician's" speech plausible, correct or not. It is no wonder there are multitudes of pseudo-experts/commentators on every subject on U.S. tv to help "educate"/explain plain simple issues to gullible "natives" who have simply refused to exercise their brains. They are easily misled/deceived to believe "thrash". Is he not the male version of Palin after all, excepting the fact that he is very rich and Mormon with an air of "respectability" in the eyes of Americans angry. Truly Americans are no different from the Nigerian public - gullible, apathetic, ignorant and blessed with conniving/self absorbed/clueless politicians Harvard or not grin. Gaffes used to be part of the deal until attention to detail "busy bodies" with all manner of recording devices began to scrutinise speeches closely even for grammatical errors too grin.
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
you would have to be a dunce to even consider voting for this epic failure of a politician. tongue
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by KayDee4: 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2012
MsDarkSkin: you would have to be a dunce to even consider voting for this epic failure of a politician. tongue
[size=13pt] You'll be surprised shocked shocked . The outcome of the Wisconsin recall election still amazes me. [/size]
cheikh: Kay-Dee
@^^ grin. Truthfully, the so called gaffes are serious "thinking" and deliberately designed to befuddle his supporters/Americans who do not exert themselves by reading nor thinking things through for self, most especially a "Politician's" speech plausible, correct or not. It is no wonder there are multitudes of pseudo-experts/commentators on every subject on U.S. tv to help "educate"/explain plain simple issues to gullible "natives" who have simply refused to exercise their brains. They are easily misled/deceived to believe "thrash". Is he not the male version of Palin after all, excepting the fact that he is very rich and Mormon with an air of "respectability" in the eyes of Americans angry. Truly Americans are no different from the Nigerian public - gullible, apathetic, ignorant and blessed with conniving/self absorbed/clueless politicians Harvard or not grin. Gaffes used to be part of the deal until attention to detail "busy bodies" with all manner of recording devices began to scrutinise speeches closely even for grammatical errors too grin.
[size=13pt] True that, the voters are fickle minded and somewhat confused, totally controlled by the media without applying any common sense of their own to balance up and make a rational decision. That is why in most cases, whoever has more money to flood TV screens with campaign ads, meaningful or not, holds the advantage. On a good day, in a society of right-thinking electorate, ever-confused Mitt should be no where close to Obama in the polls, he hasn't shown any traits to suggest he has the credentials to lead.[/size]
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by PhysicsQED(m): 3:03am On Aug 05, 2012
What bothers me the most is that his clear display of constant confusion and ignorance and his disingenuous nature will go totally unnoticed or will be ignored by most people when elections come around.
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by KayDee4: 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
PhysicsQED: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes

Top 10 Dumbest Mitt Romney Quotes (So Far)

1. "Corporations are people, my friend… of course they are. Everything corporations earn ultimately goes to the people. Where do you think it goes? Whose pockets? Whose pockets? People's pockets. Human beings, my friend." —Mitt Romney to a heckler at the Iowa State Fair who suggested that taxes should be raised on corporations as part of balancing the budget (August 2011)

[size=17pt] From "corporations are people" to "I'm not a business"

The presumptive Republican presidential candidate was asked the oft-repeated question on his tax returns in a slightly different way: If Romney were to invest in a company that touted its management skills and "fiscal know-how," would he not want to see five years' worth of that company's financials?

"I'm not a business," Romney answered. "We have a process in this country, which was established by law, which provides for the transparency which candidates are required to meet. I have met with that requirement with full financial disclosure of all my investments, but in addition have provided and will provide a full two years of tax returns."
[/size]
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 13, 2012
But for radical hard-nosed Republican voters, it would have been safe to say that Barack Obama will comfortably win a second term.
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by AjanleKoko: 2:16pm On Sep 18, 2012
HNosegbe: But for radical hard-nosed Republican voters, it would have been safe to say that Barack Obama will comfortably win a second term.

Even with that, he'll still win. The Republicans have shot themselves between the eyes, and are out of this one.
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 18, 2012
naija dey yab mitt cheesy cheesy - then what can u say about simple jona cheesy cheesy
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by AjanleKoko: 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2012
oyb: naija dey yab mitt cheesy cheesy - then what can u say about simple jona cheesy cheesy

We don't give a damn grin
Re: Dumb Mitt Romney Quotes (funny) by dayokanu(m): 2:14am On Sep 19, 2012
47% of Americans dont pay income tax, they just want entitlements -

(1) (Reply)

Top 20 Most Brutal And Ruthless Dictators In Africa. / Turkish Army: We Didn't Know The Downed Plane Was Russian. PICTURE. / The Queen Is Dead, God Save The King.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.