Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today (5206 Views)

N2.051trn Scam: Petitioner Strips EFCC Naked Before Senate / 2015 Budget: Okonjo-iweala Begs Tambuwal, house Leaders / Stella Oduah To Appear Before Senate Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by karlmax2: 1:16am On Aug 02, 2012

Wednesday, 01 August 2012 18:11 NAN .Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala
.The Presidency says the Minister of Finance, Dr Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala will appear before the Senate on Thursday to give details about the 2012 budget performance.

Minister of Information, Labaran Maku disclosed after the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by Vice-President Namadi Sambo.

Maku said Okonjo-Iweala who doubles as the Coordinating Minister of the Economy was prepared to brief the Senate accurately on the budget performance to douse the controversy trailing it.

The minister said the Federal Government was committed to proper implementation of the 2012 budget and urged Nigerians not to generate unnecessary controversy over i ``The Minister of Finance should be appearing before the Senate tomorrow to clarify.

``It is better we stop the persistent controversies; Legislature says this, Executive says that. I think that it is really distracting the process of implementation of the budget.

``What is most important at this stage is to tell you that we are working assiduously to execute the budget.

``That is our mandate; that is our job; that is why we were appointed; that’s why we have come to serve the people of Nigeria and I am sure that every minister, all of us, we know our duties, we know what to do.’’

Maku said Nigerians should avert their minds to the fact that the budget was passed by the National Assembly in March and assented to by the president in April

He also identified the strict procurement process which made it mandatory that due process be followed in the award and implementation of any contract as another reason for delays.

He assured that as soon as project implementation scaled through the procurement process people would see an upward spiral in the implementation of the budget.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the Senate had earlier summoned Okonjo-Iweala to appear before it on Tuesday, and address a public hearing by the Joint Committee on Appropriation and Finance on the Budget 2012 implementation.

The minister did not show-up at the public hearing because she was on official trip to London to represent President Goodluck Jonathan at an investment forum.

Deputy Senate President, Sen. Ike Ekweremadu, had frowned at the development and said that the issue of budget performance should take precedence over any other assignment.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/42196-okonjo-iweala-to-appear-before-senate-on-thursday-over-budget
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by chucky234(m): 11:18am On Aug 02, 2012
We are waiting oooo
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Lordave: 11:20am On Aug 02, 2012
She is our finance minister and she hasn't done anything wrong. She will continue to be our minister of finance.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by kokoA(m): 11:23am On Aug 02, 2012
Who cares?
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by kutchs: 11:33am On Aug 02, 2012
Am sure she will clear the issue with the parliament. Always does, brilliant woman.

2 Likes

Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by dedeike: 11:34am On Aug 02, 2012
Nice one Maku. I like your presentation on this.
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by HisMajesty1(m): 11:34am On Aug 02, 2012
The outcome today will steer up another round of controversy. Anyways we dey wait.
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by RichDad1(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2012
Time Please?
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by airfinance(m): 11:45am On Aug 02, 2012
This maku or Waku whatever he calls himself,is one of the most stupid idiots have ever seen in government occupying that seats a minister. Could you imagine that goat keeps misinforming nigerians on govt policies.dis was the same Eran as yoruba would goat that nigeria is now destination for investment in sub sahara africa. When it is obvious that investors are afrraid to come to nigeria for investment. He shld askd the richard benson about his comments if he is that dump and blind. Useless goat without political sense.
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by ANYPEN(m): 11:45am On Aug 02, 2012
Waiting!
Seriously waiting
Please disappoint me by saying the truth atleast for the first time today madam minister
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by lacasa: 11:46am On Aug 02, 2012
[Quote].." ``What is most important at this stage is to tell you that we are working assiduously to execute the budget."

...Anϑ by this, they mean..giving the budget a quick-death.

Execution/ive Style cool
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by ifihearam: 12:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
Just watch how they will twist their tongues today. They just want to have the privilege of questioning the CME becos of her intimidating personality.

3 Likes

Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by mufc009(m): 12:03pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ladies and Gentlemen
Lets sit and enjoy the whole show
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by ebamma(m): 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
if she like make she appear before angel gabriel to present the budget,that wan na their wahala.
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Bukkyade: 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
airfinance: This maku or Waku whatever he calls himself,is one of the most stupid idiots have ever seen in government occupying that seats a minister. Could you imagine that goat keeps misinforming nigerians on govt policies.dis was the same Eran as yoruba would goat that nigeria is now destination for investment in sub sahara africa. When it is obvious that investors are afrraid to come to nigeria for investment. He shld askd the richard benson about his comments if he is that dump and blind. Useless goat without political sense.

cheesy this boy don smoke Igbo again come dey misbehave for Nairaland.
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
As always, I will be watching with Pop-corn. NOI is one of the best brains in the World in Economics. She will educate the senate and they will clap for her.

6 Likes

Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Ess: 12:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: As always, I will be watching with Pop-corn. NOI is one of the best brains in the World in Economics. She will educate the senate and they will clap for her.

With paid pop-corn from our reserve? huh lappy #2...
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ess:

With paid pop-corn from our reserve? huh lappy #2...
Why dont you like me ? Do you hate Billionaires ?
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by raystanley(m): 12:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
Lordave: She is our finance minister and she hasn't done anything wrong. She will continue to be our minister of finance.
Bleep U!!
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by raystanley(m): 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
Lordave: She is our finance minister and she hasn't done anything wrong. She will continue to be our minister of finance.
FC.UK YOU!!
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Cupidkc(m): 12:52pm On Aug 02, 2012
Madam minister went to London...is she back? Cos i saw her on BBC on monday night. #Justsaying#
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by bros856: 1:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
ABEG SENATE AND NATIONAL HOUSE OF THEIFS SHOULD LEAVE OUR MINISTER NGOZI ALONE, SHE HAS ALOT IN HER HANDS ALREADY, NIGERIA IS NOT A SMALL COUNTRY. NIGERIANS DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HOUSE COMMITTEES AGAIN BECAUSE IT'S AS COMMON AS SAYING GOODMORNING AND YOU GO YOUR WAY. FULL BUDGET INPLEMENTATION MY FOOT. JUST BECAUSE SHE HAS REFUSE TO REALISE CONSITUENCY MONEY THAT THEY STEAL EVERY YEAR IN THE NAME OF CONSITUENCY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT, THAT HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN, THE SENATE AND HOUSE OF REP. ARE NOW LOOKING FOR MEANS TO INSULT OUR FINANCE MINISTER. ROBBERS WITH PEN THAT STEAL OUR CONSITUENCY MONEY EVERY YEAR INTO THEIR PERSONAL POCKETS. THE M0MENT THEY GET THAT MONEY THERE WILL BE NO COMMITTEE SET UP FOR FULL BUDGET IMPLEMENTATION. ROGUES.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
Is it going to be televised?
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by CHIDIEJIOGU: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
MADAM FINANCE MINISTER SHOULD COME BACK AND DEFEND/CLEAR THIS ISSUE ABOUT TINKERING WITH THE BUDGET.ITS IMPORTANT BECAUSE IF SUCH HAS BEEN HAPPENING BEFORE,THIS AN OPPORTUNITY TO EXPOSE IT AND GET THINGS RIGHT.HAVING SAID THAT,I WILL USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO HAIL HER FOR THE GOOD WORK SHE IS DOING.

1 Like

Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Ess: 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: Why dont you like me ? Do you hate Billionaires ?
I don't hate u and neither do i like u! Enjoy ur loot while it lasts...
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by onyengbu: 1:35pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ess:
I don't hate u and neither do i like u! Enjoy ur loot while it lasts...
Naaa! Its obvious you hate him.

Could it be because you are dreaming of an alleged government laptop?

Im sorry, you can get in, we are no longer recruiting tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Elueme: 1:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
airfinance: This maku or Waku whatever he calls himself,is one of the most stupid idiots have ever seen in government occupying that seats a minister. Could you imagine that goat keeps misinforming nigerians on govt policies.dis was the same Eran as yoruba would goat that nigeria is now destination for investment in sub sahara africa. When it is obvious that investors are afrraid to come to nigeria for investment. He shld askd the richard benson about his comments if he is that dump and blind. Useless goat without political sense.
It amazes me we have your likes in the forum.. Seun, pls why allow people with brain -gays here to undermine the seriousness of this honourable forum? Guy are from the poverty infested eastern Africa who internet opportunity met unprepared so you have to abuse that privilege.. Are u sure you didn't have a birth disorder? Because you remind me of an slowpoke..your mama!!
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by jmaine: 1:52pm On Aug 02, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

LOL . . .They can make do with their[b] used Sendo X phone, fortified with opera mini MTN cheats[/b] to peddle their lies and endless mischief on net . . .
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Elueme: 1:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
I will be back on this thread after the most educated, elegant and polished minister of finance and the co-ordinating minister of the economy has floorlessly educated these senathieves on the budget, then we can have our discussion. For now no comment. Next!
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by Ess: 2:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
jmaine:

LOL . . .They can make do with their[b] used Sendo X phone, fortified with opera mini MTN cheats[/b] to peddle their lies and endless mischief on net . . .
onye_ngbu*:

Funny how you think everybody could be bought...with a mere laptop. How things have gone bad in Nigeria!
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by DExplorer1: 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2012
jmaine:

LOL.

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today by onyengbu: 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
Ess:

Funny how you think everybody could be bought...with a mere laptop. How things have gone bad in Nigeria!
You 've misfired again, i thought you guys accuse GEJ of wasting funds, how then do you think they wont be paying us with money.

They pay us in pounds and dollars right here while we still live WHEREAS ACN/CPC pay you guys with virgins and bombs in afterlife.... grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambode Wins 15 Lgas In Lagos As Expected / JUST IN: Ongoing Communal Clash Between Fulani Herdsmen In Igangan Oyo State / Aisha Buhari Distributes Food Items To 1500 Households In Five Lgas In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.