Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

International Drivers Licence - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / International Drivers Licence (9457 Views)

Cost Of Nigerian Drivers Licence / International Drivers Permit, Do's And Don't / Where Can I Get International Drivers Permit In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Drivers Licence by madeojo: 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2007
I need to get clue on how to go about it if i wanna apply for International drivers licence from nigeria. It is very urgent.
Re: International Drivers Licence by awonboiz: 10:58pm On Dec 14, 2007
na just 5k (naira), e no hard to get, and its only valid for a year
Re: International Drivers Licence by madeojo: 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2007
@
awon boiz:

na just 5k (naira), e no hard to get, and its only valid for a year

Where can i get it and how long does it take. i need to get it before travelling. Thanks
Re: International Drivers Licence by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 15, 2007
anything like thant? e mi o gbo ri
Re: International Drivers Licence by babasin(m): 12:13pm On Dec 15, 2007
why do you need international driver licence?

it only allows you to drive in foreign country for short-time; less than 3months.

Nigeria driver licence is valid for 6months in many countries afterwhich you may need to change to that country own licence.
Re: International Drivers Licence by vikiviko(m): 9:14am On Dec 17, 2007
As an immigrant you will need a Nigeria drivers license accompanied with international drivers license to drive anywhere in the world.

The cost of obtaining one is far far less than 5k.
Re: International Drivers Licence by awonboiz: 9:48pm On Dec 17, 2007
@vikoviko

go and get it for him for 500hundred grin

1 Like

Re: International Drivers Licence by babasin(m): 4:48pm On Dec 18, 2007
As an immigrant you will need a Nigeria drivers license accompanied with international drivers license to drive [b]anywhere in the world.[/[/b]quote]

100% false.

in the country of your residency all you need is Nigerian driver licence unless you also going to third country.

if a nigerian migrated to canada, he can drive with Nigeria-drive-licence for 6months but if within 6month wants to visit German and drive, he need international driver licence.

if you plan to rent a car; you need international driver licence or licence of your resident country.
Re: International Drivers Licence by omega25red(m): 10:01pm On Dec 18, 2007
i didn't know that you could get another country's drivers license while you are not even in that particular country. All i know is i had to get a learners permit and then i had to take a road test before i could get my license emi o gbo yen ri either
Re: International Drivers Licence by folahann(m): 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2007
There is certainly an International Drivers Licence, you will have to come down to N and apply for one
Re: International Drivers Licence by Dantecmu(m): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2007
Yes we do have an international drivers license got mine for 2k withing 48hrs.
Re: International Drivers Licence by babasin(m): 10:47pm On Dec 19, 2007
Out of interest, do you need to take a driving test before being issued with a Nigerian Driver's Licence?

YES.
Re: International Drivers Licence by madeojo: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2007
i wanna thank evrybody for their comments.
Dantecmu

link=topic=100687.msg1782724#msg1782724 date=1198087581:

Yes we do have an international drivers license got mine for 2k withing 48hrs.

@Dantecmu

where can i get the international drivers licence? mail me on yhemi4real@yahoo.co.uk. i ve nigeria drivers licence but my bro told me to come along with the two that it may take like 4months before i can get a provisional drivers licence and i will have to go thru a kind of test before they can even issue that. but i can drive with my international driver licence and i wont have to go thru any form of test b4 getting the prov drivers licence.
Re: International Drivers Licence by olabosun(m): 7:47pm On Dec 22, 2007
really!
Re: International Drivers Licence by Dantecmu(m): 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2007
@Poster
Guy u can get ur int drivers licence n it aint a big deal in naija i got mine 4 for 2thousand in naija am currently in da uk on vacation but it aint suppose to be more than that so dont be decieved to pay more.

ciao
Re: International Drivers Licence by princeonx: 11:52pm On Jan 05, 2008
All I can say is make sure its valid and usefull for where/country you're going to! Its has list of countries you can use it behind it. If u take that thing go countries where they no vallue am, they might think its for riding Donkeys! Good luck.
Re: International Drivers Licence by babasin(m): 2:08pm On Jan 06, 2008
prince_onx:

All I can say is make sure its valid and usefull for where/country you're going to! Its has list of countries you can use it behind it. If u take that thing go countries where they no vallue am, they might think its for riding Donkeys! Good luck.

it is international driver permit/licence! so accepted every where in the world

On September 19, 1949, the United Nations established the International Driver's License to allow motorists to travel in foreign countries. Language barriers create difficulties for both motorists and police. This document establishes the right for a person to drive in another country.

The International Drivers License also indicates that you are a holder of a valid drivers license from your country, fulfiling the right for a person to drive in another country when accompanied by an original and valid driver's license.
Re: International Drivers Licence by mrpataki(m): 5:26pm On Jan 06, 2008
Siena:

Out of interest, do you need to take a driving test before being issued with a Nigerian Driver's Licence? undecided

NO
Re: International Drivers Licence by sayhi2ay(m): 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2008
you will get the license at the police station beside immigration office in ikoyi, have forgotten the name,

you need your naija license, 2 passport photo and 5k, then it will be ready in 2 hours if you can put some extra change to settle,

why you might need the naija license when you travel out is, if you wanna get a license in the country you traveled to, you might not need to take driving test if you show your international license and naija license, so fro example in the US, you just have to take the exam, and wont take the road test
Re: International Drivers Licence by sozen2010: 9:49am On Feb 06, 2013
Thank you for the info.
Re: International Drivers Licence by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 7:16pm On Feb 02, 2016
Pls house l need international driver permit,how can l go about it and how does the new one looks like.
Re: International Drivers Licence by Ezylinkage: 12:08pm On Oct 17, 2018
What Is International Driving Permit?
An IDP is a document that allows an individual to drive a private vehicle in another country; it is slightly larger than a standard passport and it is complete with one’s photographs and other statistical data.

Where can I obtain IDP?
Before you can obtain a valid IDP in Nigeria you MUST also have your local driving license issued by the Federal Road Safety Corp (FRSC) first before you can get your International Permit.

How long does it take?
The International Driving Permit takes 2 to 3 working days

What are the requirements?
Photocopy of International Passport
Photocopy of National Driving license
2 Passport photo

How long does it takes before it expire?
You can request for an International Driving license in Nigeria that is for one year to three years, you will have to pay more if you want to have the expiration longer than a year.
One year License
Two year License
Three year License

Which country can I Use the IDP?
The IDP is recognized in Maryland, Washington DC and California in the U.S. as well as Germany, Turkey, Switzerland, Poland, Spain, Austria and Sweden in Europe.

Having an IDP is a great advantage when you are working overseas as it can help you find a job as a Professional Driver or simply use it for personal convenience.

For enquiry or if you want to get a valid International Driving license in Nigeria, at cheaper price and free home delivery.
+2348032285161, +2348092566361
Info.ezylinked@gmail.com
Info@ezylinkage.com

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

5 Tips To Guide You When You Witness An Auto Crash / Journey To Waterside / Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.