Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? (21072 Views)

So, When Will Computers Have Souls? / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / What's A Soul? Do Animals Have Souls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by jayriginal: 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2012
truthislight:

so plant have blood?
Did I say that ?
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol, another way of saying: you don't really know and just made it up

wth? no it isnt. im a researcher part-time. . angry
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by MrAnony1(m): 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

wth? no it isnt. im a researcher part-time. . angry
Then cite your sources. Tell us exactly how you came by this definition: a soul = spiritual energy
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Then cite your sources. Tell us exactly how you came by this definition: a soul = spiritual energy

man i am too tired to rack my brains on this one. it took me ages to come to this conclusion. anywayz for now all i can tell you is that the Soul is the driving force of the material world just an energy is the drivng force for cars. it has got something to do with the parallel Universe Thoery proposed by physicist Michio Kaku & Max Tegmark.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by MrAnony1(m): 10:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

man i am too tired to rack my brains on this one. it took me ages to come to this conclusion. anywayz for now all i can tell you is that the Soul is the driving force of the material world just an energy is the drivng force for cars. it has got something to do with the parallel Universe Thoery proposed by physicist Michio Kaku & Max Tegmark.
You are still talking in circles. A theory is very far from fact and to tell me that what you declare as fact is similar to this untested theory, makes it even less credible.
Perhaps you should come back when your brain has rested and recovered it's strength. For now you have not yet made any sense.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2012
Mr_Anony:
You are still talking in circles. A theory is very far from fact and to tell me that what you declare as fact is similar to this untested theory, makes it even less credible.
Perhaps you should come back when your brain has rested and recovered it's strength. For now you have not yet made any sense.

ok that would be great.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by MrAnony1(m): 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

ok that would be great.
Good, I'll be waiting
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:51pm On Aug 02, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Good, I'll be waiting

ok yes. anyways back to the topic:

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by MrAnony1(m): 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

ok yes. anyways back to the topic:
Lol even more pictures. I see your brain is not that tired. Why don't we just change the topic of the thread to "Pictures Of Cute Little Animals Doing Cute Little Things"? because that's all this thread is good for.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Lol even more pictures. I see your brain is not that tired. Why don't we just change the topic of the thread to "Pictures Of Cute Little Animals Doing Cute Little Things"? because that's all this thread is good for.

mr. anony it seems you are a very stubborn fellow. let your soul rest in peace with that i will give you a sufficient reply tomorrow. and that will further throw your christianity in bad light. however what i find surprizing is that, had what i said been unbelievable or false, you would have claimed it as such and denounced it immediately. however your pestering me for sources and proofs furhter envisions the fact that you believe in what i said. rest assured, posting pics doesnt require any brainwork. they are all saved on my desktop. yes you are right. they are cute arent they. .cool
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by MrAnony1(m): 11:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

mr. anony it seems you are a very stubborn fellow. let your soul rest in peace with that i will give you a sufficient reply tomorrow. and that will further throw your christianity in bad light. however what i find surprizing is that, had what i said been unbelievable or false, you would have claimed it as such and denounced it immediately. however your pestering me for sources and proofs furhter envisions the fact that you believe in what i said. rest assured, posting pics doesnt require any brainwork. they are all saved on my desktop. yes you are right. they are cute arent they. .cool

Hahahaha, yes I have been described as stubborn. However you mistakenly assume that I believe what you say, I don't. I believe you made it up. Anyway let me get of your back for now. Your reply tomorrow had better be good.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I saw this a while ago. . . . just beautiful.

Cliffhanger! Lion cub saved by mum in dramatic scenes caught on camera as he cries out pitifully for help

The drama begins: The mother arrives at the edge of the cliff as her son cries out for rescue after being trapped when he slipped

On the brink: Four lionesses look over the edge before aborting their rescue mission because of the sheer drop

Rescue mission: The mother inches her way down the cliff face to rescue the terrified cub before locking him in her jaws and making her way back up the cliff face

Motherly love: The mother gives her son a lick to say that all is well in the pride following the drama

I was in tears after reading this!!

Reminds me of my mama!!!

I love my mummy!!

@ Topic..

Animals have souls..

Havent you heard;

All dogs go to heaven..

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 03, 2012
When I first read it, I actually had tears in my eyes too.

Something my mom would do for me cool
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by jayriginal: 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
Okija_juju:

All dogs go to heaven..

Nostalgia !
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:39am On Aug 04, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Hahahaha, yes I have been described as stubborn. However you mistakenly assume that I believe what you say, I don't. I believe you made it up. Anyway let me get of your back for now. Your reply tomorrow had better be good.

you believe i made it up. but that doesnt mean you believe its lies/wrong. there is a difference.

anywayz here: https://www.nairaland.com/1008723/souls-re-mr-anony
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by truthislight: 11:00am On Aug 04, 2012
jayriginal:
Did I say that ?

the life or soul is in the blood, so since you had class plants and animal together when talking about life it may lead one to believe that plants are among the list of things having the "life" in question.

Yes, plant are alive, but may not really be in the class of Animal, fishes and human since it has no blood like this do.
Peace
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:48pm On Aug 04, 2012
truthislight:

the life or soul is in the blood, so since you had class plants and animal together when talking about life it may lead one to believe that plants are among the list of things having the "life" in question.

Yes, plant are alive, but may not really be in the class of Animal, fishes and human since it has no blood like this do.
Peace

that is a very lame sentence. blood has got nothing to do with souls. Plants have souls too. they even got feelings though they dont have the capacity to express it. i remember when i was a kid, i was plucking leaes from tress at night and my grandfather scolded me for doing that. .tongue
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by jayriginal: 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2012
truthislight:

Peace

Peace.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 05, 2012
Chai! Dat was how the human race used to be before
the white race joined the rest of us...

da white race destroyed the human race.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by onatisi(m): 3:27pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I saw this a while ago. . . . just beautiful.

Cliffhanger! Lion cub saved by mum in dramatic scenes caught on camera as he cries out pitifully for help

The drama begins: The mother arrives at the edge of the cliff as her son cries out for rescue after being trapped when he slipped

On the brink: Four lionesses look over the edge before aborting their rescue mission because of the sheer drop

Rescue mission: The mother inches her way down the cliff face to rescue the terrified cub before locking him in her jaws and making her way back up the cliff face

Motherly love: The mother gives her son a lick to say that all is well in the pride following the drama

whaoooo God is good and God is love

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by onatisi(m): 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
musKeeto: I think I've asked this on another thread.. Can anyone give a concise explanation of what a soul is?
consiousness of been alive is what a soul is
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by 360command: 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2012
make una show your local dogs for here - dem bingo's' and whiskeys'.. y una dey sho us obodoyibo pets??
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by locdog(m): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2012
dis black swan do fall in love oo
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by SisiKill1: 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2012
I can't say for sure that Animals have souls but I do think they have something many human beings lack.

Last month or so I posted a thread about a dog who adopted kittens after their mother died. Cat and dog had their babies right about the same time but unfortunately for the kittens, their mama died two days later. So the dog took up the responsibilities of caring for the kittens. She would sit down patiently to let them breast feed and once done, she goes to her puppies for their own meal time.

These are animals who are supposed to be sworn enemies oh.

Here's the link to that thread
https://www.nairaland.com/974938/awwww-bulldog-adopts-litter-orphaned

[img]http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/DBYvTBuVzCCB6mp861ipcg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/partner/470_2410510.0[/img]

Before that incident there was another thread about a dog rescuing an abandoned baby.
https://www.nairaland.com/959438/dog-rescues-abandoned-baby-ghana

Another story of Dogs to the rescue

Dog stands guard over baby forgotten by drunk mom

Saratov, Russia - Lada, a Rottweiler, was the stand-in, responsible party when a mother in Russia was not.

According to RT.com, Olga, 22, went for a walk in the park with her 3 month-old infant.

She apparently ran into some girlfriends while at the park - and they all started drinking.

Olga drank enough that when she went home, she left the baby behind, in the park, in his carriage.

Thankfully, Olga forgot her dog too.

The next morning, not remembering what happened, the still-fuzzy mother assumed that her baby had been stolen.

Olga's parents started phoning friends, and then Olga's dad decided to check out the park - where he found the missing baby.

Who in actuality was still right where Olga left him - in his carriage. The dog, Lada, was still sitting with the baby - never leaving his side [So who was more FAITHFUL - the mother, or the dog?] .

“The baby was found wet, hungry and in tears,but what’s more important, safe and sound,” say Olga’s neighbors. “The weather was quite warm, so the baby even managed not to catch cold. Thank God, the dog had been guarding the whole night and had been keeping away all strangers”.

As for Olga - her mom is now caring for her baby while authorities decide if she is to face charges for drinking and going home without her little boy.

-----
Like I said. . .don't know what these Animals have but whatever it is mankind will be better off if more people had it.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by SisiKill1: 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2012
360command: make una show your local dogs for here - dem bingo's' and whiskeys'.. y una dey sho us obodoyibo pets??
Lol!! cheesy cheesy

Don't have pix oh but I have personal story about good Naija based dogs. Up until end of june we had 15 dogs. . . 1 male and 2 females and 12puppies (1 female dog had 5 and the other 7). One of mama died. . .got hit by a car and the murderer didn't even have the courtesy to stop angry

Anyway the surviving mother now cares for the puppies but what is even more heart tugging is how the male dog helps. Apparently it does the heavy lifting. . . .bringing puppies closer to mama when they are breast feeding (the runts in the pack get run over by the bigger puppies) so papa dog will move some away and push others in.

I have begged my mom to capture it on video but the yeye dog starts growling when people get close to her when she's feeding her babies. Besides mom is like who has time for all that and I quote "Regbe Regbe". . .end quote. cheesy cheesy

She can't wait to get rid of them or so she says but we are inclined to believe deep down she loves them coz if she was really gonna give them away. . .she woulda done it a long long long time ago and she won't be so strict about their well being. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by SisiKill1: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
Double post
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

dont lie. the bible and quraan both says that animals dont have souls and are mainly meant to serve humans. angry

2 Peter 2:12

".......They are like unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish."

don't say what u don't know about d quran cos it commands us to sluaghter them gently because it is Allah who calm dem for us to overpower them.
We are all animals but we human beings are higher animal becos of our ability to reason and carry out task
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by aderemi457(m): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
musKeeto: I think I've asked this on another thread.. Can anyone give a concise explanation of what a soul is?
A soul refers to the mind. Man is tripartite i.e. we are made up of the body, the spirit and the soul. The body houses the other two while the spirit was wht God breath into us at creation. The spirit becomes renewed wen we become born again(by faith) due to the corruption inherited from the fall of Adam.
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Sunofgod(m): 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
This 'Panda' wasn't happy with his bill . . .

Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Walexz02(m): 5:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
truthislight:

so plant have blood?
Did u quote dt 4rm his post
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Walexz02(m): 5:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
truthislight:

so plant have blood?
Re: Picture Of Black Swan Feeding Goldfish: Who Says That Animals Don't Have Souls? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sisi_Kill: I can't say for sure that Animals have souls but I do think they have something many human beings lack.

Last month or so I posted a thread about a dog who adopted kittens after their mother died. Cat and dog had their babies right about the same time but unfortunately for the kittens, their mama died two days later. So the dog took up the responsibilities of caring for the kittens. She would sit down patiently to let them breast feed and once done, she goes to her puppies for their own meal time.

These are animals who are supposed to be sworn enemies oh.

Here's the link to that thread
https://www.nairaland.com/974938/awwww-bulldog-adopts-litter-orphaned

[img]http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/DBYvTBuVzCCB6mp861ipcg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/blogs/partner/470_2410510.0[/img]

Before that incident there was another thread about a dog rescuing an abandoned baby.
https://www.nairaland.com/959438/dog-rescues-abandoned-baby-ghana

Another story of Dogs to the rescue

Dog stands guard over baby forgotten by drunk mom

Saratov, Russia - Lada, a Rottweiler, was the stand-in, responsible party when a mother in Russia was not.

According to RT.com, Olga, 22, went for a walk in the park with her 3 month-old infant.

She apparently ran into some girlfriends while at the park - and they all started drinking.

Olga drank enough that when she went home, she left the baby behind, in the park, in his carriage.

Thankfully, Olga forgot her dog too.

The next morning, not remembering what happened, the still-fuzzy mother assumed that her baby had been stolen.

Olga's parents started phoning friends, and then Olga's dad decided to check out the park - where he found the missing baby.

Who in actuality was still right where Olga left him - in his carriage. The dog, Lada, was still sitting with the baby - never leaving his side [So who was more FAITHFUL - the mother, or the dog?] .

“The baby was found wet, hungry and in tears,but what’s more important, safe and sound,” say Olga’s neighbors. “The weather was quite warm, so the baby even managed not to catch cold. Thank God, the dog had been guarding the whole night and had been keeping away all strangers”.

As for Olga - her mom is now caring for her baby while authorities decide if she is to face charges for drinking and going home without her little boy.

-----
Like I said. . .don't know what these Animals have but whatever it is mankind will be better off if more people had it.

lol i remember my mom telling me she saw that a couple times in Jamaica.
The female dog would lie down and let kittens drink their milk. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance / May I Not Be Knowledgeable To The Extent Of Doubting Your Existence. / Prophet Samuel S.T Olaluwoya: 9 Things That Can Not Get You To Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.