Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,080 members, 7,807,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Which Other African Attire Do You Like? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Other African Attire Do You Like? (35700 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:43am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Yes, style was NOT style before it spreads to other parts of Nigeria.

Before, Yorubas had a way of tying their knots in the front, middle and back of the head.

Many of the fashion designers coming out with new styles (like Segun Gele) were/are Yorubas.

Just like Cosmetic was not just cosmetic. Remember how the "black pencil" lip liner was not even practiced in Nigeria before Hollywood influence?

Style is style. So it was yoruba people came up with the way this Calabar, South-South, South Eastern tie their gele? Because Segun gele has a video on Youtube? So how were other people tying their gele? In the middle of their belly? Gele is a Nigeria thing and cuts across, stop trying to align it to yourself, give others credits.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
When you're done playing with irrelevant pictures, you can post the 70/80s picture for comparison

Go and sleep, abeg.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:45am On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater:

Style is style. So it was yoruba people came up with the way this Calabar, South-South, South Eastern tie their gele? Because Segun gele has a video on Youtube? So how were other people tying their gele? In the middle of their belly? Gele is a Nigeria thing and cuts across, stop trying to align it to yourself, give others credits.

Girl go and sleep jare.

When you're ready to compare with pictures, ah wi be redi.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 03, 2012
As I was. . . .

Ileke-IdI:
Gele is not a Yoruba thing, but many of the newer designs are specifically designed by Yorubas for Yoruba owambe.

Anyone with better clarification. . . . Green light.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:49am On Aug 03, 2012
^^^Be deceiving yourself. Parading half truths all the time, so tey e reach gele. You no dey shame.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater: ^^^Be deceiving yourself. Parading half truths all the time, so tey e reach gele. You no dey shame.

Ok, shamelessly prove your point, you no do. Carry your bible waka. Lo sun jare and let better attackers clarify their position..
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 03, 2012
This Calabar girl in it, I guess na yoruba people design am.

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 03, 2012
Ok, because it just became popular abi? I expect to see my eastern villagers rocking it sef
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Ok, shamelessly prove your point, you no do. Carry your bible waka. Lo sun jare and let better attackers clarify their position..

Ole, barawo! It's not my fault you can't read and decipher. You want to claim other people's culture to yourself. Nigerian ladies are naturally stylish. You wanna claim all the credits to yourself. Shame on you.

Carry your bible waka? Lmao, so razz. Ole ni yen. grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:01am On Aug 03, 2012
This South-South girl wearing it, I guess na ileke idi tie am put for her head. Lmao. Oleeeeee!!!

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater:

Ole, barawo! It's not my fault you can't read and decipher. You want to claim other people's culture to yourself. Nigerian ladies are naturally stylish. You wanna claim all the credits to yourself. Shame on you.

Carry your bible waka? Lmao, so razz. Ole ni yen. grin

Girl go and sleep. Don't get teary-eyed over a comment you can't disprove.

Keep yourself entertained with the pictures.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Girl go and sleep.

Keep yourself entertained with the pictures.

Not until I finish exposing your lies. How can somebody be hell bent on talking crap all the time? Shame no dey your body?

1 Like

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:07am On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater:

Not until I finish exposing your lies. How can somebody be hell bent on talking crap all the time? Shame no dey your body?

As of right now, you're doing a bad job "exposing" anything. Seems like you're fighting hard to alter the truth.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:09am On Aug 03, 2012
It must be a Yoruba that sketched out the design for this Igbo girl's head-tie, rotflmao!!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:09am On Aug 03, 2012
Modern Gele (even if it's has a different name in each region) styles, most of the new modern designs were created by Yorubas mainly for Yoruba owanbe parties. Theory suggest that mass movement to the SW of Nigeria, caused it to spread.

Disprove that if you want. . . . but please, keep your insults out of this. You're a grown woman.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 03, 2012
@Post

Edo or specifically Bini head beads. . . . nothing can describe how gorgeous and beautiful it is. Work of art.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

As of right now, you're doing a bad job "exposing" anything. Seems like you're fighting hard to alter the truth.

Let other people decide, you know you are biased and a confirmed tribalist, right? grin Olee, barawo!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:13am On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater:

Let other people decide, you know you are biased and a confirmed tribalists, right? grin Olee, barawo!!!

Others are not credible enough source. Others = me, you and guests. I expect "others", esp Igbos, to try to refute my statement.

Try again.
*Ileke-IdI:
Modern Gele (even if it's has a different name in each region) styles, most of the new modern designs were created by Yorubas mainly for Yoruba owanbe parties. Theory suggest that mass movement to the SW of Nigeria, caused it to spread.

Disprove that if you want. . . . but please, keep your insults out of this. You're a grown woman.

Lmao, an overgrown tribalist trying to act with decorum? lmao.

2 Likes

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by member58: 2:18am On Aug 03, 2012
removed
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 03, 2012
I mean the South-South and Easterners that are chiefly known for the paper-gele, did not make elaborate claims, somebody that did not move around Nigeria but happen to only have lived in the backwaters of Ekiti is claiming sketching designs. Na so patriotism they make some people lose all sense of reasoning? Ole ni yen. grin

Dakore so you haven't heard? It was a yoruba that designed that style on your head. grin grin grin grin The yoruba man used a magical pen and designed the contours and structure of the gele. grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:21am On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:
i dont know much about headscarfs but the ovbigbo own na die. ive never seen anywhere where two geles became one. wonderful! grin altho that gele was tied by a bini woman.

^^

^ Stop, that gele no fine. It's like a Ghetto chic wearing blonde and black wig tongue tongue
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 03, 2012
stillwater: I mean the South-South and Easterners that are chiefly known for the paper-gele, did not make elaborate claims, somebody that did not move around Nigeria but happen to only have lived in the backwaters of Ekiti is claiming sketching designs. Na so patriotism they make some people lose all sense of reasoning? Ole ni yen. grin

Dakore so you haven't heard? It was a yoruba that designed that style on your head. grin grin grin grin The yoruba man used a magical pen and designed the contours and structure of the gele. grin

LOL When a woman starts getting emotional. . . . time to IGNORE.

Calm down and try to disprove.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:23am On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:
i dont know much about headscarfs but the ovbigbo own na die. ive never seen anywhere where two geles became one. wonderful! grin altho that gele was tied by a bini woman.

Haven't you heard? It was the yoruba people, that designed this style and sent it to the ovbigbo people. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by member58: 2:23am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
^^

^ Stop, that gele no fine. It's like a Ghetto chic wearing blonde and black wig tongue tongue

nope! i disagree. it looks on her.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:25am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

LOL When a woman starts getting emotional. . . . time to IGNORE.

Calm down and try to disprove.

Err. . . you're quoting me, you sure aren't ignoring me, oleeeeeeee!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:25am On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:

nope! i disagree. it looks on her.

It doesn't.

The colors are splashed all over lol. mayb it's the colors used.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 03, 2012
Color mixture like this one is okay. Half half does not look good lol

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by member58: 2:33am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

It doesn't.

The colors are splashed all over lol. mayb it's the colors used.

splashed as how? it wasnt a mix and match but two colors from two headties that were proportionately positioned and tied to become one. thats both genius and flamboyance.. segun gele should catch up.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:

splashed as how? it wasnt a mix and match but two colors from two headties that were proportionately positioned tied to become one. thats both genius and flamboyance..

tell segun gele should catch up.

Lmao!!! To think na Yoruba dey design. . . grin
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:

splashed as how? it wasnt a mix and match but two colors from two headties that were proportionately positioned tied to become one. thats both genius and flamboyance..

tell segun gele should catch up.

I thought they were sewed together.

Even with that. . . . the design of the cloth and the headtie is very local tongue I wouldn't wear all that tho, but that's just me.

I like the "iro" tho, I no dey feel the buba/gele.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NSCDC Special Female Squad Visits Alaafin Of Oyo (Pictures) / Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos) / Ganduje Vs Sanusi: Emir Sanusi Bars ‘Sokon’ Kano From Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.