Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,614 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' (11798 Views)

To Worship God In Spirit And In Truth Is The Easiest Thing To Do On Earth / Spotting The Difference Between The Holy Spirit And Evil Spirit / Eckanker And Soul Travel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Emmy9ite(m): 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
Fellow nairalanders,i greet y'all.. This is my first topic on this section and i will really need your help here. I want to know the difference between 'spirit' and 'soul'.Do u think there is a difference between the two? When we die,which of them leaves the body,is it the soul or the spirit?
Thanks!

Over to you_

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Logicbwoy: 3:11pm On Aug 03, 2012
Emmy9ite: Fellow nairalanders,i greet y'all.. This is my first topic on this section and i will really need your help here. I want to know the difference between 'spirit' and 'soul'.Do u think there is a difference between the two? When we die,which of them leaves the body,is it the soul or the spirit?
Thanks!

Over to you_

There is no difference, both are figment of the imagination
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Emmy9ite(m): 3:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
Logicbwoy:

There is no difference, both are figment of the imagination
really? Am i right to call the 'Holyspirit' HolySoul?
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Areaboy2(m): 4:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
Emmy9ite: really? Am i right to call the 'Holyspirit' HolySoul?

you miss the point mate! neither holyspirit nor holysoul exist grin

People like you and me created them!

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Lyzbet: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2012
As a human being, u r composed of three entities. Ur body, ur soul n ur spirit. Ur body is d part u see, d physical aspect of who u r. Ur soul is ur intellectual aspect, ur will, ur emotions, ur pride, ur achievements, ur thinkin, ur reasonin etc. Ur spirit, as d name implies is ur spiritual aspect. Ur spirit is d only part of u that lives on after ur physical body dies.

7 Likes

Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Emmy9ite(m): 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
Lyzbet: As a human being, u r composed of three entities. Ur body, ur soul n ur spirit. Ur body is d part u see, d physical aspect of who u r. Ur soul is ur intellectual aspect, ur will, ur emotions, ur pride, ur achievements, ur thinkin, ur reasonin etc. Ur spirit, as d name implies is ur spiritual aspect. Ur spirit is d only part of u that lives on after ur physical body dies.
i dont agree with the part of the soul! If our spirits lives,does the soul die with the body??
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Lyzbet: 6:40am On Aug 04, 2012
Yes, d soul dies with d body
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Emmy9ite(m): 6:50am On Aug 04, 2012
Lyzbet: Yes, d soul dies with d body
thanks for ur reply....lemme hear frm others. smiley
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Emmy9ite(m): 6:53am On Aug 04, 2012
Where are my other nairalanders? Come lets answer this 2geda.....muki front page please!
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by tpia5: 8:10am On Aug 04, 2012
thread doesnt have to be frontpage.

@ topic

i think soul has to do with blood, and others are also correct.

not counting the thread derailers.
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by benodic: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2012
i will answer you with analogies so that it can make more sense to you.
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by benodic: 9:07am On Aug 04, 2012
i will answer you with analogies so that it can make more sense to you.
spirit is like the ocean and souls are the different creatures that live in that ocean. each of those creatures are unique and different from another creature but they are all bonded together by the ocean in which they live and have their being.

if you study the human body it gives you another close analogy on how the cosmos is arranged. spirit can be likened to the blood which moves around the whole body nourishing and keeping alive the different unique individual cells in the body which can be likened to souls. the blood is pumped by the heart which can likened to the God centre from which the Holy Spirit flows sustaining and creating all life.
The Holy Spirit is the creative force of God with which God created all life and sustains all life and souls are individualized units of life that have separate identities and consciousness.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Delafruita(m): 9:41am On Aug 04, 2012
benodic: i will answer you with analogies so that it can make more sense to you.
spirit is like the ocean and souls are the different creatures that live in that ocean. each of those creatures are unique and different from another creature but they are all bonded together by the ocean in which they live and have their being.

if you study the human body it gives you another close analogy on how the cosmos is arranged. spirit can be likened to the blood which moves around the whole body nourishing and keeping alive the different unique individual cells in the body which can be likened to souls. the blood is pumped by the heart which can likened to the God centre from which the Holy Spirit flows sustaining and creating all life.
The Holy Spirit is the creative force of God with which God created all life and sustains all life and souls are individualized units of life that have separate identities and consciousness.
which of the oceans did you base your analogy on?

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 04, 2012
Delafruita:
which of the oceans did you base your analogy on?
Na wa....
grin

4 Likes

Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by ijawkid(m): 10:16am On Aug 04, 2012
benodic: i will answer you with analogies so that it can make more sense to you.

U sound correct/correct..:-)
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by ijawkid(m): 10:17am On Aug 04, 2012
@poster.....

The soul is d individual while d spirit is the breath of life in that individual....

Okpari!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Logicbwoy: 10:21am On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid: @poster.....

The soul is d individual while d spirit is the breath of life in that individual....

Okpari!!!!!!!!!!

Now find the bible quotes that support that nonsense
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Emmy9ite(m): 10:27am On Aug 04, 2012
tpia@:
thread doesnt have to be frontpage.

@ topic

i think soul has to do with blood, and others are also correct.

not counting the thread derailers.
Guy wats ur ish if this thread makes the front page? Since when did ur name become muki? Guy park well joor!

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Delafruita(m): 10:28am On Aug 04, 2012
Logicbwoy:

and then tell us where the mind,conscience reside.in the body,soul or spirit?
or perhaps the body-soul-spirit is just another triumvate akin to the father-son-spirit triumvate
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Emmy9ite(m): 10:33am On Aug 04, 2012

thanks bro,do u mean humans have more than one soul?? Coz that is what i got from ur post!
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by ijawkid(m): 10:50am On Aug 04, 2012
Logicbwoy:

Even if I show u u go gree??

Well I dnt believe in the triune formular of soul,spirit and body...

All I am saying is that d soul is the individual person(d soul that sinneth dies)..

While d spirit is d breath of life..

It seems u never read d book of genesis when u were a christian..lol
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Logicbwoy: 11:38am On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid:

Even if I show u u go gree??

Well I dnt believe in the triune formular of soul,spirit and body...

All I am saying is that d soul is the individual person(d soul that sinneth dies)..

While d spirit is d breath of life..

It seems u never read d book of genesis when u were a christian..lol

The breath of life could be anything...eg oxygen......keep peddling nonsense
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by buzugee(m): 12:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
spirit and soul are the same thing. its called soul when it is in a human body. when the body dies it gets released and exists alone as the spirit. so think of a spirit as being homeless, while a spirit who is not homeless is a soul.

4 Likes

Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by ijawkid(m): 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
Logicbwoy:

The breath of life could be anything...eg oxygen......keep peddling nonsense

Do u see oxygen??

D life force in a human is d spirit....

What's propels the human life is the air we breath......abi??

The greek word for spirit signifies wind,the air........

We are both right if u understand what I mean....

U just always wana be on the opposing side...:-)
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by buzugee(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid:

Do u see oxygen??

Whappun Rastaman
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Logicbwoy: 1:50pm On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid:

Do u see oxygen??

Stop these fairytales!
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Delafruita(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2012
ijawkid:

Do u see oxygen??

do animals have a soul/spirit?
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by benodic: 3:09pm On Aug 04, 2012
@ Emmy9ite

thanks bro,do u mean humans have more than one soul?? Coz that is what i got from ur post!

we do not possess soul. it is the other way round. we are souls wearing a physical body. all the various forms of life you see were all created by the Holy Spirit of God, the creative force, as clothes or bodies for souls to put on in order to experience life in the universes of God. when soul is done with each particular experience, it simply drops that body which goes back to dust and wears another one to continue its experiences.
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Emmy9ite(m): 3:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
Na wa for una o,na so una want take change the topic to chemistry ba?
#Back to topic! I just realised that spirit and ghost are the same,that is why we can say Holyspirit and Holyghost. Now a ghost is what comes after death(as we watch in movies) and we are made to believe but the soul is what goes for judgement after the body is dead,it either ends up in heaven or in hell!
With this few point of mine,i hope i have been able to convince and not confuse u that there is a difference between 'spirit' and 'soul'.
Thank yousmiley
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by Emmy9ite(m): 3:31pm On Aug 04, 2012
benodic: @ Emmy9ite

we do not possess soul. it is the other way round. we are souls wearing a physical body. all the various forms of life you see were all created by the Holy Spirit of God, the creative force, as clothes or bodies for souls to put on in order to experience life in the universes of God. when soul is done with each particular experience, it simply drops that body which goes back to dust and wears another one to continue its experiences.
bros am so impressed with the reply..after the soul drops the body,does it pick the spirit? When does the spirit come into play?
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by ijawkid(m): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2012
Delafruita:
do animals have a soul/spirit?

Animals are souls just like humans....

They are breathing and living creatures as well......
Re: The Difference Between 'spirit' And 'soul' by ijawkid(m): 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2012
buzugee: Whappun Rastaman

Oboy hw far?

Long time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Stop Farting In Church / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) / Meet God's Generals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.