Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e- W-s: Several Wounded As Cleric Escapes Suicide Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e- W-s: Several Wounded As Cleric Escapes Suicide Attack (661 Views)

Soldiers Foil Suicide Attack At Nigeria Army Base / Photos of Boko Haram executors of last Saturday's suicide attack in Chad / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e-w-s,trouble For Apc, Court Prepares To Jail Tinubu 4 FORGERY (2) (3) (4)

(1)

B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e- W-s: Several Wounded As Cleric Escapes Suicide Attack by Arrowman(m): 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
KANO (AFP) – A
Muslim religious leader
in Potiskum escaped a
suicide attack on
Friday, when the
bomber was thwarted
by local people before
blowing himself up,
residents said.
Several people were
wounded in the blast in
the town of Potiskum,
one witness said, as a
police official said he
was awaiting further
details of the attack.
“A man who looked in
his 40s … approached
the emir and tried to
embrace him, but
people around pushed
him away, and at that
moment, a bomb
concealed under his
caftan went off,”
one witness said.
Those wounded
included the emir’s
bodyguard, a mosque
aid worker and a
nurse, the witness
said. The attack was
said to have occurred
as worshippers left
the mosque following
Friday prayers.
There was no
immediate claim for the
attack, though
Potiskum has been
hard hit by violence
blamed on radical
Islamist group Boko
Haram.
More details soon
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/b-r-e-a-k-i-n-g-n-e-w-s-several-wounded-as-cleric-escapes-suicide-attack/
Re: B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g N-e- W-s: Several Wounded As Cleric Escapes Suicide Attack by mukina2: 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2012

(1)

Gudluck And Cassava Bread / Seven Firms Scale Technical Bids For Power Plants - BPE / Obasanjo Good Farmer Bad Economist, Said Sanusi.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.