Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,179 members, 7,780,249 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:18 AM

Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' (4815 Views)

Robbers Write Funny Letter To Abuja Residents / Armed Robbers Write Lagos Residents, "Be Prepared To Pay Our Dues"- / Robbers Write Letters To Lambe, Ogun State Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by folahann(m): 10:15am On Dec 16, 2007
Two weeks to Christmas, men of the underworld have written a letter to residents of Ijeododo Community in Ijegun, on the outskirts of Lagos, to be prepared for their visit as they intend to collect their yuletide gifts from them.

A copy of the letter which was obtained by P.M.News, warned the Baale of the community not to prove stubborn or attack them because such an act would result in bloodshed. They urged the traditional ruler to cooperate with them and refrain from bringing out his gun to attack them.

The letter which was written in Yoruba reads: “Hello great Baale, we are aware that you are a very stubborn man with strong juju power. We implore you to cooperate with us so that you can celebrate this Christmas peacefully.

“We are not coming to harm anybody but we are coming to take our own Christmas presents.

“Now, listen to this important warning. Don’t prove stubborn or attempt to fire a gun so as not to endanger the lives of your subjects,” the robbers stated.

Confirming the receipt of the letter, Baale of Ijeododo Community, Alhaji Tajudeen Suberu, said he had already forwarded the letter to the police at Ikotun for action.

The robbers also warned members of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), providing security for the community, to steer clear of the area to avoid being killed.

“Hello, the strongman of OPC. We learnt that you have guns and powerful ‘juju’. Whatever we are coming to do is none of your business. So, don’t obstruct our operation,” the robbers warned.

They also appealed to residents not to regard them as robbers. “This is to inform the people in this community that we are not robbers but we just want to come and collect our Christmas presents from you without molestation.

“We are not interested in killing anybody but those who prove stubborn would have themselves to blame. We therefore solicit your maximum cooperation.

“Wishing you a Merry Christmas,” the robbers stated.

Sources at Ikotun Police Station confirmed that they were aware of the letter and that security had been beefed up in the area to prevent any criminal activity.

“We are up to the task. This is not the first time a faceless group would write a letter to the community. But we are prepared for them. Let them come,” the police source stated.

Investigations by P.M.News revealed that the robbers had earlier written to the community demanding for the release of their N15 million kept inside a box in a bush in the community, which was found by a 15-year old student of Ijeododo Junior Grammar School, Ijeododo.

Police investigations into the matter revealed that allegations that N15 million was kept in a box inside the bush was untrue.
http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/zmagazine/article.php?articleid=21256
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by folahann(m): 10:18am On Dec 16, 2007
Though am not that suprised but things like this should no more be happening in Nigeria shocked shocked shocked
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by SignorZax: 10:51am On Dec 16, 2007
Uhmmm!!!!!!
Na wa oh! Dis on pass daredevils o!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by Mariory(m): 11:18am On Dec 16, 2007
folahann:

They also appealed to residents not to regard them as robbers. “This is to inform the people in this community that we are not robbers but we just want to come and collect our Christmas presents from you without molestation.

cheesy
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by fuzek: 11:37am On Dec 16, 2007

shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by ogrebuga(m): 11:46am On Dec 16, 2007
Shuoooo!!!!
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by iykrion(m): 11:51am On Dec 16, 2007
Una no be robbers? Wetin una come be, tax collectors? grin grin grin I sincerely suggest the rsidents don't hope only on what the police can do. Police is your friend only when the going is good sad
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by jtkoko9(f): 12:35pm On Dec 16, 2007
abi o, dem no be robbers. na wetn dem kon be? their mates de busy hussle dem de find free money. if na me b security i go wipe dem all out angry foolish idiots angry
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by jtkoko9(f): 12:41pm On Dec 16, 2007
@
iykrion
true talk my bro, these days u dont hope on the police. well sha na small community so na wetn u xpect. u might be suprised the robbers are even indegens of the community. i cant blve people still do such. na those days we de hear all dis kin shit lipsrsealed
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by titosantin(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2007
Hmmmmmmmmmm, May God have Mercy!!!
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by kokorunna(m): 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2007
Its only in Nigeria that crazy things like this happen, a country with no law.

The police themselves are thieves who supply guns to armed robbers, its only GOD that protect us in that country. shocked
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2007
This is the funniest topic ever on this forum. I will share this topic with my people. LOL. A very civilised way of armed robbery. I think they are better than James Ibori. They asked for permission but Ibori never did. see the difference?, I LOVE NIGERIA cheesy
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by chikibaybi(f): 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2007

"They also appealed to residents not to regard them as robbers. “This is to inform the people in this community that we are not robbers but we just want to come and collect our Christmas presents from you without molestation.

“We are not interested in killing anybody but those who prove stubborn would have themselves to blame. We therefore solicit your maximum cooperation."

embarassed , Na wa o, What is this country turning into,
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by smile4kenn(m): 4:27pm On Dec 16, 2007
If this is the way robbers do their Job, so while will people be scared
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by oziomatv(m): 4:48pm On Dec 16, 2007
I've been saying this all the time that NIGERIA IS A JUNGLE ZONE, EAT OR YOU will be EATEN. 
I don't blame the shear collectors or armed rubbers as they don't want to be addressed.
who cares for poeple's surfering no body? so they have to intize their own family as unemployment is reaching
at it's highiest level in Nigeria, then in the same Nigeria poeple are moving with heavy rides. you study up to PH.D.
the society don't have work for you what will you do?  join church poeple dey sing e go better e go better.
  Let's find solution for our dying youths.
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by titosantin(m): 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2007
oziomatv:

I've been saying this all the time that NIGERIA IS A JUNGLE ZONE, EAT OR YOU GET EATED. 

Eated?I dont think you sabi English at all oooooo! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by Jakumo(m): 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2007
The robbers obviously want to make sure that no resident of the proposed target community would be tempted to use lack of fore-knowledge as an excuse for not keeping enough cash on hand to donate generously when the night of the raid arrives.

This advance notice modality has been employed by Nigerian armed robbers for quite a few years now, and is certainly not a new development. Often but not always a profit sharing agreement exists between the cops and the robbers with regards to the cash and property harvested from any given neighborhood, and that is why one of the first questions asked by "investigating" officers after a robbery will concern the amount taken, so that this may be compared with the figure quoted by the robbers after the raid, to ensure honor among thieves.

Happy Xmas, Nigeria, and remember to keep a good-sized chunk of cash at home this holiday season, because the Nigerian Santa Klaus TAKES gifts, but does not give any that you would want.
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by vowiski(m): 7:07pm On Dec 16, 2007
[/b]I WISH I COULD GET A SHARE FROM THIS X-MAS GIFT[b]
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by folahann(m): 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2007
If i were to be part of that community, i don't know what i will be doing by now
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by deor03(m): 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2007
speechless lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by oziomatv(m): 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2007
@titosantin
       The only thing you know is ENGLISH beside that what else?
there're challenges ahaed if you fill so.
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2007
, so they go stealing from people who are even in or in more frustrated situations than the robbers. Please get the guns ready!!!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by otokx(m): 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2007
Happens only in Lagos
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by babasin(m): 8:38pm On Dec 16, 2007
this is not new.

we had that letter in 1984 to our street in lagos.

everybody panicked and some travelled to their village, the thieves came and still robbed people.

so, nigeria was never good at any point.
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by ifyalways(f): 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2007
otokx:

Happens only in Lagos
no dearie it happens almost everywhere.infact i have witnessed one.

@ topic,hmmmmn its a very bad situation to be in.
involving the police is sheer waste of time and resources as they wont be of any help.infact it even endangers your life as DEFINITELY somehow the robbers would get to know and ofkus when the come,you are a goner  wink

running away from your home at the d-day would be even more disastrous.they might re come back specially for you.

soln,stay at home  and keep some money for the jobless frustrated youths
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by ginnie(f): 9:45pm On Dec 16, 2007
Na wa For Nigeria O.

It's like this is the latest way they operate these days  

A similar letter was sent to my area in this same Lagos about 2 months ago but they've not shown up till now (hope they don't). lipsrsealed

Pray  they don't show up in that community cos there may be little or nothing the police would do. sad
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 16, 2007
kokoro tioun jefo idi efo lo waa, its probably a resident of the so called community thats behind the whole thing.
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by topkin(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2007
Wonders shall never end!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by cutebabe: 10:22pm On Dec 16, 2007
ifyalways:

running away from your home at the d-day would be even more disastrous.they might re come back specially for you.

soln,stay at home  and keep some money for the jobless frustrated youths

You are freaking kidding me, you mean one can't even run away  shocked shocked shocked

Lakuli, abeg hide this topic from Non Nigerians that I have been posing for o  grin
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 17, 2007
If I lived there not only will I buy them gifts,I'll even cook rice,make moi moi and provide fanta for them LOL
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by Ndipe(m): 12:09am On Dec 17, 2007
So, this is still happening in Nigeria, robbers writing letters to residents to prepare for their nocturnal visits. How scary!
Re: Robbers Write Community: We’re Coming For Our 'XMas Gift' by folahann(m): 1:54am On Dec 17, 2007
Ndipe:

So, this is still happening in Nigeria, robbers writing letters to residents to prepare for their nocturnal visits. How scary!
Very scary indeed, but remember this is not happening only in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buy Novelty Fake Passports,ids,drivers License,visas And City Permit. / Obj Set To Return $200m To Nigeria? Vows To Expose Other Corrupt Leaders / Politics: Bukola Saraki, 15 Apc Senators To Defect To Pdp – Spy Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.