Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,909 members, 7,799,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

-_- - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / -_- (18561 Views)

for the ladies _"Where Do You Belong"? (Photo) / How Will The World Be Without Christmas?_(a Food For Thought). / After Rapture:¤:_¤portals Of The First Heaven Will Be Opened And Linked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

-_- by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2012
Mods are silly

7 Likes

Re: -_- by Caracta(f): 10:23am On Aug 04, 2012
sometimes, love is not always enough and that's why we have to let them go. People make mistakes in marriage because the foundation is faulty. I agree with you, but not everyone is ready to accept the TRUTH. God has the final say for me, i don't care if the guy is BILL GATES!

5 Likes

Re: -_- by Caracta(f): 10:27am On Aug 04, 2012
...telling the other person might hurt him/her. So what i do is, i don't say YES till i'm hundred percent sure.
Re: -_- by kittykat1(f): 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2012
Facing the same thing too now. sad

I was praying abt another person (lot of chemistry between us, struggling to burst out, plenty sparks and humanly it makes so much sense) and I am being told its anoother person. Meanwhile this person B, no send me and me I no send am.

I hv not even told A. He is born again too. My own heart is breaking, I wonder how he wld feel. We r not dating officially partly cos I am scared of relationships but we have this friendship that is just perfect. We both feel peace, fulfilment and joy when we see or call each other.I sort of experience a fatherly protection from him which ladies crave a lot. He does millions for my self image and confidence with his words of encouragement and praises.

And I am wondering, maybe the men and women of God are not seeing right.even up to our househelp follow them they see sef. See me see wahala.

2buff maybe we shd make a special appeal to God.

1 Like

Re: -_- by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
Caracta: ...telling the other person might hurt him/her. So what i do is, i don't say YES till i'm hundred percent sure.

Youre a girl. Your job is to sit down and get asked. And you can give a reply.

But her constantly and silently expecting me to ask yet I cant...I fear this is much more of an emotional torture to her than just telling her what I received.
She is also a Christian and so might have some understanding, at least I hope she does. It would at least be a hurt that ends with the benefit of clarity.
Any men in the house with experience?
Re: -_- by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
kitty kat: Facing the same thing too now. sad

I was praying abt another person (lot of chemistry between us, struggling to burst out, plenty sparks and humanly it makes so much sense) and I am being told its anoother person. Meanwhile this person B, no send me and me I no send am.

I hv not even told A. He is born again too. My own heart is breaking, I wonder how he wld feel. We r not dating officially partly cos I am scared of relationships but we have this friendship that is just perfect. We both feel peace, fulfilment and joy when we see or call each other.I sort of experience a fatherly protection from him which ladies crave a lot. He does millions for my self image and confidence with his words of encouragement and praises.

And I am wondering, maybe the men and women of God are not seeing right.even up to our househelp follow them they see sef. See me see wahala.

2buff maybe we shd make a special appeal to God.

What should we appeal luv?
Re: -_- by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
Yes I have experienced this and no it's not easy but He knows the end from the beginning and I will trust in Him to lead me right. This is what gives me strength to stay focused. In my case I had started to make the approach so I had to tell her I was backing down but I didn't tell her why. At first she hated my guts but now we are friends again. In your case I don't think you have any need to tell her anything since you have not made an approach but I will advise that you tone down the "heat". Drop the frequency of your talks and possibly the duration. I advise this because you don't want to be seen as leading her on.

3 Likes

Re: -_- by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 04, 2012
Oh for sure, God knows what he saw that he said no or rather "wait for the other one". But to the question still, is it something to tell her? So there is no unneeded emnity?
I may not be in so easy a position to withdraw just like that. I may be wrong but I think she may be keeping herself open for me, as I'm sure most free guys would waste no time jumping on her case. I just don't want her to still be waiting...

Just so she knows that, truly, it's not something she did...
This is not the first time I received a "halt order". But that was an easy one to put off (She hated me but now we're at least back to speaking terms). This one seems harder somehow...I'm usually a mercenary about these things lol.
Re: -_- by Caracta(f): 5:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
wow! No be small thing o
Re: -_- by LordReed(m): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
There is nothing to tell her if you've made no approach before the halt order. Withdraw like someone no longer interested that should settle it.
Re: -_- by Idowuogbo(f): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2012
Hmmmmm....

I'll b back!
Re: -_- by Ay92(m): 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2012
Why don't You tell her and let her be.
Re: -_- by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
Lord_Reed: There is nothing to tell her if you've made no approach before the halt order. Withdraw like someone no longer interested that should settle it.

Define approach.
Re: -_- by LordReed(m): 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
2buff:

Define approach.

Indicating (directly or indirectly) that you want more from her than mere friendship.
Re: -_- by esere826: 1:09pm On Aug 05, 2012
@2buff

Yep. I also had the subtle 'no' thing with someone i dated for more than 4 years and it hurt. (shame on me for keeping her that long).

I let her go, gradually but decisively at the end. Probably some meditation around the portion of the scripture about Joseph and Mary would help....... That is where Joseph finding out that Mary was with child sought to put her away quietly.

Also, generally I usually don't ask God quetions b4 I start anything. I feel that if its not his will, he'll pull me back at some point. I noticed that this works better with me

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: -_- by LordReed(m): 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
esere826: @2buff

Yep. I also had the subtle 'no' thing with someone i dated for more than 4 years and it hurt. (shame on me for keeping her that long).

I let her go, gradually but decisively at the end. Probably some meditation around the portion of the scripture about Joseph and Mary would help....... That is where Joseph finding out that Mary was with child sought to put her away quietly.

Also, generally I usually don't ask God quetions b4 I start anything. I feel that if its not his will, he'll pull me back at some point. I noticed that this works better with me

Best wishes

Best you ask before you go in; trust me you don't want to make life altering mistakes because you didn't seek His face. Remember Israel vs Ai, God did not intervene till they sought Him.
Re: -_- by kittykat1(f): 1:57pm On Aug 05, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Best you ask before you go in; trust me you don't want to make life altering mistakes because you didn't seek His face. Remember Israel vs Ai, God did not intervene till they sort Him.
Seconded
Re: -_- by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
How can God say, NO?

Can the OP define his God concept?

PS: I'm not an atheist, I believe in God - but I'm not into Abrahamic folklore religions.

2 Likes

Re: -_- by otokx(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
Cool thread
Re: -_- by freecocoa(f): 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
shocked shocked 2buff?

Since when did you become a born again let alone have God speak to you?

I'm still in shock shocked.

2 Likes

Re: -_- by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 05, 2012
If you are sure that its God that said No, what can you do, say Yes?
Re: -_- by claremont(m): 2:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
2buff: There is this girl I've been friends with.
Atheists keep out please. Mature Christian counsel needed.
grin grin
Re: -_- by mkmyers45(m): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
freecocoa: shocked shocked 2buff?

grin grin
Re: -_- by hrhobi1(m): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
@OP I AM 100% SURE THAT IF YOUR DAD OR MUM HAS ASKED YOUR god ABOUT BEEN COUPLES , YOU WOULDN'T BE ALIVE NOW. CAUSE YOUR gods WILL ALWAYS SAY NO. MUMU LIKE U . I AM A CHRISTIAN AND I LOVE MY GOD.

ALSO YOU MIGHT HAVE FALLEN HOOK LINE SINKER FOR YOUR FAKE PROPHET, UR ONLY TOO SHY TO LET US KNOW YOU GOT YOUR CONFIRMATION FROM UR PASTOR TO AVOID BASHING.

ANYWAY I WISH YOU GOODLUCK, EBELE LIFE AND DAME PROPERITY. HAPPY SUNDAY .
Re: -_- by OYINBOGOJU(m): 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2012
It is good you have started counting

No 2 right?

Keep it on bro.
Re: -_- by mkmyers45(m): 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
for you to even open this thread god is angry at you..are you expecting god to speak again? He just said he won't talk to you again since you no dey hear word angry
Re: -_- by freecocoa(f): 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
mkmyers45: for you to even open this thread god is angry at you..are you expecting god to speak again? He just said he won't talk to you again since you no dey hear word angry
grin grin,how do you know that?
Re: -_- by Warish: 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2012
He should try in same way he had NO from God and ask him what should he DO. very simple grin

1 Like

Re: -_- by Idowuogbo(f): 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
Now am bck!

Ehen hen! 2buff, is dis really u? as in God follow u talk tru tru?

Na bedroom voice hin use abi na spanish lingua he use? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: -_- by vanitty: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2012
Did you hear God yourself?
It is very important that God speak to you directly not through a mouthpiece

3 Likes

Re: -_- by Idowuogbo(f): 2:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
freecocoa: shocked shocked 2buff?

Seconded!

Armed robbers don dey repent o! lipsrsealed cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Reveals How Boko Haram Killed 8,000 Members Of His Church / A Discussion Thread For Johnydon22 And I / Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.